Alec Baldwin gooone

All things Rugby
You can call me Bill

Re: Alec Baldwin gooone

Post by You can call me Bill »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:43 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 am As for the news, this must be horrible. I know Alec Baldwin is apparently a dick (a voice message to his daughter was put on Youtube and it's not nice apparently), but accidently killing anybody must be a horrific feeling, one you'll possibly never shake for the rest of your life. And of course the poor victim.
I sympathise with him but an accident is dropping the gun and it goes off, pointing at somebody and pulling the trigger is negligence.
The person whose sole job was to check the safety of weapons being used in the filming, did not know that the gun contained a live round.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:54 am Provides background as to what happened...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(upcoming_film)
More ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Rust ... g_incident
Last edited by Grandpa on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Bill

Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:54 am Provides background as to what happened...

"Upcoming film" seems a bit optimistic.

Can't we any way that gets finished.

The show will be the trial.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:06 am

"Upcoming film" seems a bit optimistic.

Can't we any way that gets finished.

The show will be the trial.
Interesting about the safety protests which preceded the incident.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 pm I don't give a fuck what you think.
That's good because he probably thinks you are a plum
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:01 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 am As for the news, this must be horrible. I know Alec Baldwin is apparently a dick (a voice message to his daughter was put on Youtube and it's not nice apparently), but accidently killing anybody must be a horrific feeling, one you'll possibly never shake for the rest of your life. And of course the poor victim.
I sympathise with him but an accident is dropping the gun and it goes off, pointing at somebody and pulling the trigger is negligence.
The person whose sole job was to check the safety of weapons being used in the filming, did not know that the gun contained a live round.
You don’t point a gun at people. Then what’s in the barrel is immaterial.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 am
Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:24 am Whatever happened to fifty shades of grey?

You're either with us or against us...

Is this the future of humanity?
It's not eve nas "you are with us or against us" it's more "I disagree so I'm always against you and will never accept you'll ever have a point and hound you forever while blaming everything on you"
I despise much of what some posters write. That does not mean I take exception to everything they post.

IMO, it is an error to dismiss a poster in his or her entirety simply because I hold an opposing view on a handful of subjects.

I might be broadly politically aligned with Bimbo, but am in disagreement with his views on crypto. The opposite holds true for sorCrer, regarding covid, and crypto.

Similar goes for dozy. I consider China (CPP) to be a threat but am broadly sympathetic to his opinions on vaccines.
Some of this is fair, but you'll obvious notice no matter what point you make, right or wrong, some posters will always go against you or make the same broad strokes about you.

We often disagree but I always try to make the interactions about the point you are making, not about you. And heck sometimes we agree.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:15 am
How else do you propose filming an actor playing a character shooting somebody?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:38 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 am
Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:24 am Whatever happened to fifty shades of grey?

You're either with us or against us...

Is this the future of humanity?
It's not eve nas "you are with us or against us" it's more "I disagree so I'm always against you and will never accept you'll ever have a point and hound you forever while blaming everything on you"
I despise much of what some posters write. That does not mean I take exception to everything they post.

IMO, it is an error to dismiss a poster in his or her entirety simply because I hold an opposing view on a handful of subjects.

I might be broadly politically aligned with Bimbo, but am in disagreement with his views on crypto. The opposite holds true for sorCrer, regarding covid, and crypto.

Similar goes for dozy. I consider China (CPP) to be a threat but am broadly sympathetic to his opinions on vaccines.
Some of this is fair, but you'll obvious notice no matter what point you make, right or wrong, some posters will always go against you or make the same broad strokes about you.

We often disagree but I always try to make the interactions about the point you are making, not about you. And heck sometimes we agree.
Yes, we do. That is to be expected.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 am
Though in this event it wasn't during filming... can't you aim to miss? With camera angles etc you can't usually tell exactly where they are aiming when viewed on film?

Anyway.... some details...
A report from the Los Angeles Times revealed that several crew members from the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) had been advocating for safer work conditions during filming.[5] A crew member added, "We cited everything from lack of payment for three weeks, taking our hotels away despite asking for them in our deals, lack of Covid safety, and on top of that, poor gun safety! Poor on-set safety period!"[6] The complaints also mentioned that a prop gun had misfired twice on October 16, 2021.[5] On October 21, seven members of the film's camera crew decided to leave the set and were replaced by four non-union members six hours before the incident took place.[5][6]

On October 21, 2021, at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, assistant director Dave Halls selected one of three prop guns placed on a cart by weapons master Hannah Gutierrez and handed it to Baldwin before proclaiming the term "cold gun", informing the rest of the crew that it was empty.[7][8] It was the twelfth day of a 21-day shoot, and the cast was rehearsing a gunfight taking place inside of a church.[5] At approximately 1:50 p.m. Mountain Time, Baldwin fired the prop gun handed to him a single time, striking cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in the stomach and director Joel Souza in the clavicle.[9][10] Hutchins was flown by helicopter to the University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, where she was pronounced dead.[11] Souza was driven by ambulance to CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center in Santa Fe, where he was treated and released by the following morning.[12] Production was suspended indefinitely.[11] The Santa Fe County Police Department will conduct an investigation and refer any appropriate charges to prosecutors.[13][14] The film's production company, Rust Movie Productions, LLC, is conducting an internal review.[6] The New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau is also investigating.[15]

An email from the IATSE Local 44 claimed that a "live single round" was the cause of the incident. In response, local authorities and law enforcement said they had not determined whether the prop gun fired a blank or a live round and added, "We haven't even begun the forensics on that issue."[16] On October 22, a search warrant was issued by the Santa Fe County Magistrate. The document asks the state courts if the incident was caught on camera and says Halls "did not know live rounds were in the prop gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(upc ... g_incident
Last edited by Grandpa on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:46 am
Yes, we do. That is to be expected.

And yet so many act like that's an alien concept...
You can call me Bill

So the professional weapons safety expert who gave Bsldwin a gun with a bullet in is not to blame because she didn't know that he was going to point the gun at someone when filming the shoot out ?
You can call me Bill

Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:52 am

Though in this event it wasn't during filming... can't you aim to miss? With camera angles etc you can't usually tell exactly where they are aiming when viewed on film?
There must be safer ways of doing it than telling the actor to try to miss by a bit.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Not aim at them? Above them, next to them? Not straight in the cinematographers chest?

Seems they’d already had a negligent discharge on set due to cost cutting and staff had walked out over safety concerns.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

The only thing that stops a bad actor with a gun ...
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Not aim at them? Above them, next to them? Not straight in the cinematographers chest?

Seems they’d already had a negligent discharge on set due to cost cutting and staff had walked out over safety concerns.
You can not aim at somebody and still shoot somebody.

But form your second bit, there does appear to be some real issues with the set-up. That is hge alarm bells and some heads look like they should roll.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

There must be safer ways of doing it than telling the actor to try to miss by a bit.
I suspect those safer ways will be mandatory from now on...
You can call me Bill

Grandpa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

I suspect those safer ways will be mandatory from now on...
Yes true.
You can call me Bill

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the weapons expert planted the loaded gun with the intention of causing some kind of non fatal accident in order to force the crew's hand in their dispute over working conditions etc.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:51 am
Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:42 am
Slim 293 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:39 am
Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:19 am
Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 am

Who's to say Baldwin would have a clue whether it was a blank, dummy or live round anyway?
<snip>
Then he shouldn't have the job. Actors get paid enough money to complete an 8 hour gun safety course and if they can memorize lines & follow instructions then they are intelligent enough to observe the technician loading their weapon before they fire it. No matter where I am or what I am doing, if I pull a trigger, I am responsible for the result. Period. 100% of all firearm accidents are preventable.
At the end of the day, Alec knows this also. He has handled firearms in 7 other movies so yes, he has a clue.

You really can’t be this dumb? :roll:
fudge off Douchebag. Your point was already made that a fvcking armourer is the god damn answer that just got someone killed. Go wax your carrot in the corner little boy.
OMG. No shit you're an "avid hunter".

The most troubling thing here is that you've been given permission to use a firearm. Christ almighty, the mind boggles.
'
We are not "given" permission here in the States numbnuts. Most of us are taught weapons safety as a child growing up and hunting with our fathers. I do not give a fvck where I am, if someone hands me any weapon it is my responsibility to check it. If I pull a trigger, I alone am responsible for where the gun is pointed. Jeezus you people can't really be this obtuse and weak minded? Holy fvck I am am VERY grateful your govenrnments took your firearm rights away. Bill you are too fvcking stupid to handle one. I don't care about Baldwins politics, I happen to think he is funny and like his work. Still no excuse for shooting someone and killing them.
Last edited by Skiaddict on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:28 am
Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:18 am
IThe Irony and stupidity of his position given one person is dead and another in ICU is fvking unreal. Only a douchebag would trust anyone to hand them a firearm without checking everything even if his title is "armourer". I don't give a fvck if you call it a "set" or not. Gun Rules don't change no matter where you are or who you are.
Who's to say Baldwin would have a clue whether it was a blank, dummy or live round anyway?
<snip>
Then he shouldn't have the job. Actors get paid enough money to complete an 8 hour gun safety course and if they can memorize lines & follow instructions then they are intelligent enough to observe the technician loading their weapon before they fire it. No matter where I am or what I am doing, if I pull a trigger, I am responsible for the result. Period. 100% of all firearm accidents are preventable.
At the end of the day, Alec knows this also. He has handled firearms in 7 other movies so yes, he has a clue.
He got the job cause they don't require him to know that and he would've handled the firearms in the 7 other movies in the exact manner, just as 99.9% of actors would have. They trust the people who's job it is to keep them safe.

I don't reckon the answer is to add relying on actors as a further level of scrutiny - they're often complete basket cases anyway and they're not hired for their intelligence or common sense. The answer is to not give them potentially deadly devices when there's really no reason they need them in the first place.
"Actors" or any other term is irelevant. It is glaringly obvious that while many here have some rugby knowledge, most have zero knowledge about firearms and firearms safety. If you are a HUMAN being....and are ever handed a gun.....be it at work, home, play, wherever.....it is your responsibility to control the muzzle and to check the condition of the firearm. Yes, that means the breech, the magazine and the barrel. If the actors union wants to help their members then require training, certification and observation during preparation. I have followed the same firearams safety rules for for over 45 years and have never shot someone or had an accidental discharge. Its fvckn common sense, not quantum physics.
Last edited by Skiaddict on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:18 pm
IThe Irony and stupidity of his position given one person is dead and another in ICU is fvking unreal. Only a douchebag would trust anyone to hand them a firearm without checking everything even if his title is "armourer". I don't give a fvck if you call it a "set" or not. Gun Rules don't change no matter where you are or who you are.
<snip>
He got the job cause they don't require him to know that and he would've handled the firearms in the 7 other movies in the exact manner, just as 99.9% of actors would have. They trust the people who's job it is to keep them safe.

I don't reckon the answer is to add relying on actors as a further level of scrutiny - they're often complete basket cases anyway and they're not hired for their intelligence or common sense. The answer is to not give them potentially deadly devices when there's really no reason they need them in the first place.
"Actors" or any other term is irelevant. It is glaringly obvious that while many here have some rugby knowledge, most have zero knowledge about firearms and firearms safety. If you are a HUMAN being....and are ever handed a gun.....be it at work, home, play, wherever.....it is your responsibility to control the muzzle and to check the condition of the firearm. Yes, that means the breech, the magazine and the barrel. If the actors union wants to help their members then require trainng, certification and observation during preparation. I have followed the same firearams safety rules for for over 45 years and have never shot someone or had an accidental discharge. Its fvckn common sense, not quantum physics.
Correct .

The first thing that you are told even before it is handed to you for the first time" always treat it as being loaded and never ever point it at someone "

Baldwin is looking at a stretch for negligence if not manslaughter.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Bogbunny wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 pm

<snip>

"Actors" or any other term is irelevant. It is glaringly obvious that while many here have some rugby knowledge, most have zero knowledge about firearms and firearms safety. If you are a HUMAN being....and are ever handed a gun.....be it at work, home, play, wherever.....it is your responsibility to control the muzzle and to check the condition of the firearm. Yes, that means the breech, the magazine and the barrel. If the actors union wants to help their members then require trainng, certification and observation during preparation. I have followed the same firearams safety rules for for over 45 years and have never shot someone or had an accidental discharge. Its fvckn common sense, not quantum physics.
Correct .

The first thing that you are told even before it is handed to you for the first time" always treat it as being loaded and never ever point it at someone "

I agree.
You can call me Bill

Have you ever acted?

When acting, you are engrossed in the part.

You aren't thinking "remember what Sue said, aim a couple of inches to the left".

That's presumably part of the reason why a weapons expert is appointed, whose sole task is to check that nobody's put a bullet in the gun that the actor is going to fire.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Have you ever acted?

You aren't thinking "remember what Sue said, aim a couple of inches to the left".

That's presumably part of the reason why a weapons expert is appointed, whose sole task is to check that nobody's put a bullet in the gun that the actor is going to fire.

What do you expect if you employ cowboys?

Coat

Gone
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Have you ever acted?

I’ve acted the fool my entire life. Still wouldn’t point a gun at somebody, it’s like my nail gun- always assume it’s loaded.
You can call me Bill

<snip>

"Actors" or any other term is irelevant. It is glaringly obvious that while many here have some rugby knowledge, most have zero knowledge about firearms and firearms safety. If you are a HUMAN being....and are ever handed a gun.....be it at work, home, play, wherever.....it is your responsibility to control the muzzle and to check the condition of the firearm. Yes, that means the breech, the magazine and the barrel. If the actors union wants to help their members then require training, certification and observation during preparation. I have followed the same firearams safety rules for for over 45 years and have never shot someone or had an accidental discharge. Its fvckn common sense, not quantum physics.

Staggering that you cant see the difference between a gun toting twat who owns guns because he likes going round the woods shooting living creatures, and an actor whose job it is to fire a dummy gun to pretend to shoot someone as a part of a production which has employed a weapons expert to ensure that his pretend gun cant hurt anyone. There are endless movies where a gun is pointed at someone, but almost without exception its harmless because the gun isn't loaded. Its little different to kids playing cowboys and Indians.

Of course Rambo in the woods has been taught about his duties to make sure he lets his next tizzy fit out by killing animals rather than people, and not to point his deadly weapon at a person. That is not the same as an actor given a prop which he knows is harmless because an expert has given it to him on that basis. The actor is not trying to kill anything and is doing his job acting a part.
Last edited by You can call me Bill on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:02 pm

<snip>

Staggering that you cant see the difference between a gun toting twat who owns guns because he likes going round the woods shooting living creatures, and an actor whose job it is to fire a dummy gun to pretend to shoot someone as a part of a production which has employed a weapons expert to ensure that his pretend gun cant hurt anyone. There are endless movies where a gun imported at someone, but almost without exception its harmless because the gun isn't loaded. Its little different to kids playing cowboys and Indians.

Of course Rambo in the woods has been taught about his duties to make sure he lets his next tizzy fit out by killing animals rather than people, and not to point his deadly weapon at a person. That is not the same as an actor given a prop which he knows is harmless because an expert has given it to him on that basis. The actor is not trying to kill anything and is doing his job acting a part.
Weird comments.

A gun is a gun and should always be treated with caution.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Correct .

I agree.
Firearm safety rules never change. We never rely on any other person no matter what their job title or responsibility may be. LEO, Military, Actors, Politicos, Housewives, Shopkeepers, hell it doesn't matter who you are. The same rules apply. Every fire arm is loaded, you check any weapon handed to you, you control your muzzle. There are no exemptions. Lastly, if you are the owner of the firearm, you are also responsible for not handing it to a coked out half drunk idiot or someone mentally impaired like Bill.
You can call me Bill

You were employed on the movie Rust ?
Yes
What was your role ?
I was the weapons safety expert.
What training did you need for the position ?
Mainly weapons safety.
And what was the purpose of your job ?
Basically I'm employed to make sure that the guns used in the movie aren't loaded.
I see. As we know, one of the guns used on the set did contain a bullet.
Yes
Did you approve this gun for use in the movie in its then condition ?
Yes I did
With the bullet in it ?
Yes
Why did you approve the use of a gun with a bullet in it ?
Well I didn't think he was going to point the gun at anyone.
Even though it was being used for a shoot out scene ?
Yeah, I thought he was going to miss.
But your job was to check that nobody had put a bullet in any of the guns that were being used ?
I didn't shoot the gun though.
You can call me Bill

Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Correct .

I agree.
Firearm safety rules never change. We never rely on any other person no matter what their job title or responsibility may be. LEO, Military, Actors, Politicos, Housewives, Shopkeepers, hell it doesn't matter who you are. The same rules apply. Every fire arm is loaded, you check any weapon handed to you, you control your muzzle. There are no exemptions. Lastly, if you are the owner of the firearm, you are also responsible for not handing it to a coked out half drunk idiot or someone mentally impaired like Bill.
Hey man, I'm not the one who kills animals for fun.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:02 pm

<snip>

Staggering that you cant see the difference between a gun toting twat who owns guns because he likes going round the woods shooting living creatures, and an actor whose job it is to fire a dummy gun to pretend to shoot someone as a part of a production which has employed a weapons expert to ensure that his pretend gun cant hurt anyone. There are endless movies where a gun is pointed at someone, but almost without exception its harmless because the gun isn't loaded. Its little different to kids playing cowboys and Indians.

Tell that to the family of the lady he killed. :roll:
and is doing his job acting a part
His job changed when he was handed a firearm. Quit making excuses douchebag. The proof of his failure is at the morgue.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm You were employed on the movie Rust ?
Yes
What was your role ?
Mainly weapons safety.
Basically I'm employed to make sure that the guns used in the movie aren't loaded.
Yes
Yes I did
With the bullet in it ?
Yes
But your job was to check that nobody had put a bullet in any of the guns that were being used ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

<snip>

Correct .

I highly doubt he’ll do any time for it. You’d have to have sympathy for him. An “expert” handed him a gun and told him it was safe. Yes ultimately he is responsible as the person who pulled the trigger but Jesus what kind of a gun expert hands the actor a gun with a live round in it. They literally had one job to do, make sure the gun was safe. Ultimately it was a tragic workplace accident. Just have to hope that this is the end of using real guns on sets and so guaranteeing that this can’t happen again.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Correct .

I agree.
Hey man, I'm not the one who kills animals for fun.

It’s great, I’d say you should try it but it seems you’ve no chance of ever being safe.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Only on PR could someone advocating safe use of firearms be attacked for it. :lol:
You can call me Bill

His job didn't change. He was at all times an actor. Just as the weapons safety expert was at all times the weapons safety expert.

You're like a cross between bill.murray in caddyshack and the postman guy in Cheers, but with more random dead wild.animals.
towny

Post by towny »

Soldiers do it all the time in training. Perhaps actors have to as well.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

This is why you never break firearm safety rules. You may be working at a shitshow like this.....
“We cited everything from lack of payment for three weeks, taking our hotels away despite asking for them in our deals, lack of Covid safety, and on top of that, poor gun safety! Poor on-set safety period!” a member of the camera crew wrote on a private Facebook page. After the walkout, “They brought in four non-union guys to replace us and tried calling the cops on us.”
From camera crew who walked out before Baldwin killed the lady. If you follow Firearm safety rules, it does NOT happen. There are no exemptions, ever. The only people required to follow gun safety procedures are those who have a pulse.
towny

Post by towny »

Skiaddict wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:23 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm You were employed on the movie Rust ?
Yes
What was your role ?
Mainly weapons safety.
Yes
Yes I did
With the bullet in it ?
Yes
Perhaps actors aren’t trained to know when a prop gun is safe or not. I know f*ck-tins about guns but I wouldn’t be able to definitively tell you if a prop gun had safe blanks or had all the necessary mods in place. That’s why films need experts to manage it all.