You can call me Bill

Re: Alec Baldwin gooone

Post by You can call me Bill »

Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:04 pm
msp. wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Its only a prediction so take it with a grain of salt....Baldwin walks on the manslaughter charge but faces exposure on some sort of gross negligence OSHA driven charge since he is a producer. Now pass me some of those pecans and cake.
So most people seem to think that it's unlikely an actor would be charged with manslaughter in this situation. You are predicting if he is not charged with manslaughter as the shooter then it's down to politics. If he is charged as the shooter and gets off then it's down to politics. If the sun comes up tomorrow then it's down t politics :thumbup:
Depends on the Grand Jury....but for them to issue a No Bill or True Bill, it has to be given to them first, then they decide if there will be charges. In a county that voted 76% one way, well, do the math. The normal procedure is for the DA to submit to the GJ. However, only the DA submits evidence, nothing from defense, and the DA chooses what to present.
By statute he has committed manslaughter...thats not even debatable. If it goes to trial, there is enough mitigating factors to allow the jury to nullify and give him the pass, or just give him some kind of probation. So he "Walks". Manslaughter means it was dangerous (yes) and someone died (yes). Low burden of proof. Manslaughter is not Murder, not by a long shot. In reference to your question above, If the DA does not follow normal procedure and allow the GJ to decide then there is your answer. As far as was there manslaughter?, res ipsa loquitor. She is dead.
How is it manslaughter when an actor pointing a gun at a camera and pulling a trigger is standard practice, and they were rehearsing that scene. (and from the amount of camera shots with the gun pointed at the camera it is)

The question becomes how for a rehearsal the gun was loaded (obviously safety protocols not followed), and was his responsibility for checking the gun was not loaded.

It come to something in America if an "accident" on set become a right vs left debate.
Simple. Only two facts create manslaughter. 1. Was it dangerous? (Pointing guns with any type of a charge ie blank, rubber bullet etc) answer is yes. 2. Did someone die. Yes. Intent is no issue whatsover in a case of manslaughter. All the mitigating factors being discussed here are to be decided in court. Negiligence and contributory parties is decided at trial. Politics comes in to play at every level. For you to say #1 is false disregards the primary piece of evidence, a dead body.

1. Governors have influence over funding to DA offices.
2. DA's can decide to trade a True Bill for a plea or cooperation vs another person.
3. DA's can simply refuse to send the case to the GJ. (Not normal in wrongful death)
4. A favorable jury from a favaroable area can nullify law.
5. Everything in America is now a right vs left debate.
6. Even LEO participate. (See FBI firings and abuses with FISA warrants and the Russia Hoax.
7. Money and Power determines your outcome in court. Court is not about Truth and Justice.
8. My Attorney explained #8 to me. That is an entirely different discussion.
9. At the top of the food chain, only a handful of executives decide where film Dollars are spent.
10. The competition for these dollars is extremely fierce.
11. Media Control is important regarding any controversial case. DA's have to run for election again.
12. The Family of the poor girl who was killed does not have the power or money.
13. Consider the case of OJ Simpson who walked having committed Murder One. Politics matter.
14. Your questions regarding who loaded etc are valid and should be addressed at court or in the instance of pleading down a true bill for cooperative testimony against said contributory parties.
15. Hollywood has made this a right and left debate by spending 99.7% of their dollars on the left.
Had they realized that half of their target market votes the other way, their theaters would not be in the economic state they are in now. Your opinions, while they may have merit, are still evidentuary issues and are often leveraged in plea negotions.

But the family have said that they don't blame Baldwin, they blame the props department ?
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Attorneys definitely want Michelle Lujan Grisham to be New Mexico’s next governor. They really like Hector Balderas, too.
Oil and Gas folks? They prefer Steve Pearce.
The two industry groups are the biggest givers to political candidates in this year’s election cycle, accounting for one of every seven dollars given, from statewide offices to county level campaigns, from November 2016 through this week, according to an analysis by NMID.

As of April 11, total contributions to all candidates reached $12.8 million (excluding public financing, and large contributions/loans from candidates to themselves).

Attorneys and their firms significantly outpaced all other industries, giving $1,148,763 from more than 800 contributors, nine percent of the total.
https://nmindepth.com/2018/04/15/bigges ... n-choices/
Aside from the half a million dollars they’ve given Lujan Grisham, attorney giving to political committees ($667,201) reinforces their preference for Democrats. Of that, they gave $81,567 to various Democratic party political funds, but just $3,451 to Republican party groups.
Yeah Guy, these are the people to listen to if you are a conservative. I wonder why so much was disporportionally given to Mrs Grisham? Could it be that she has the most influence with DA office budgeting statewide and the ability to veto tort reform or responsible limits on lawsuits ? They have to want something for their money?
Last edited by Skiaddict on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Bill

Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:23 pm
Attorneys definitely want Michelle Lujan Grisham to be New Mexico’s next governor. They really like Hector Balderas, too.
Oil and Gas folks? They prefer Steve Pearce.
The two industry groups are the biggest givers to political candidates in this year’s election cycle, accounting for one of every seven dollars given, from statewide offices to county level campaigns, from November 2016 through this week, according to an analysis by NMID.

As of April 11, total contributions to all candidates reached $12.8 million (excluding public financing, and large contributions/loans from candidates to themselves).

Attorneys and their firms significantly outpaced all other industries, giving $1,148,763 from more than 800 contributors, nine percent of the total.
https://nmindepth.com/2018/04/15/bigges ... n-choices/
Aside from the half a million dollars they’ve given Lujan Grisham, attorney giving to political committees ($667,201) reinforces their preference for Democrats. Of that, they gave $81,567 to various Democratic party political funds, but just $3,451 to Republican party groups.
Yeah Guy, these are the people to listen to if you are a conservative. I wonder why so much was disporportionally given to Mrs Grisham? Could it be that she has the most influence with DA office budgeting statewide?
Look, you can't get the guy on this because he's done nothing wrong.

But who's to say he won't do something wrong tomorrow ? Or next week ? Or next year ? As long as you're ready when the big day comes, things will work out.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Yeah Guy, these are the people to listen to if you are a conservative.
There's your problem, right there.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 pm
Sorry, but you communists don't have the best track record. I'll stick with the folks who think working for your living is not a bad idea.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm
Sorry, but you communists don't have the best track record. I'll stick with the folks who think working for your living is not a bad idea.
And this exchange pretty well sums up your particular brand of loon.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 pm

But who's to say he won't do something wrong tomorrow ? Or next week ? Or next year ? As long as you're ready when the big day comes, things will work out.
Bill, Read the SAG guidelines on a Weapon. It was not a prop, it was a weapon. He did do something wrong no matter what other people told him, told him to do, or have done in the past. He was also a producer with greater safety responsibility. You say he "did nothing wrong". He did. He killed a woman. If he followed the SAG safety regs, she is alive today. If the employees he was responsible for followed the regs, she is alive today. We are having this discussion because unfortunately Alex Baldwin made several mistakes which resulted in the involuntary manslaughter of a cinematographer. Maybe he should just say he is sorry and we can forget about her. Thats your plan? Or pay the family what you think is a fair value for the life he took?
You can call me Bill

Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Bill, Read the SAG guidelines on a Weapon. It was not a prop, it was a weapon. He did do something wrong no matter what other people told him, told him to do, or have done in the past. He was also a producer with greater safety responsibility. You say he "did nothing wrong". He did. He killed a woman. If he followed the SAG safety regs, she is alive today. If the employees he was responsible for followed the regs, she is alive today. We are having this discussion because unfortunately Alex Baldwin made several mistakes which resulted in the involuntary manslaughter of a cinematographer. Maybe he should just say he is sorry and we can forget about her. Thats your plan? Or pay the family what you think is a fair value for the life he took?
I won't answer your questions, but I will say that I respect the amount of work youve put into this.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I love the narrative that Baldwin is going to get off scot free by just throwing lots of money at the problem. Even if he doesn't do jail time, unless he's a sociopath he ain't getting off without consequence.

And even if these accidents are very rare it looks to have shaken up the status quo and has heralded the start of the end of any sort of 'prop' gun capable of killing. So silver lining there.

Back to the incident, looks like an accident waiting to happen with everything that could go wrong, going wrong. As said, Baldwin as producer, more than actor, will take some of the fault, deservedly so (which will further his real consequences, alluded to above).
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:56 pm
UncleFB wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
There's lots of the normal joking on the first four pages of this thread, that's not what Mick has been doing, it's not edgy humour, he was just culture warring.
It was edgy humour. Regardless of what direction his biases come form. And shouting "Culture war" against anything you disagree with is doing exactly that yourself.
Look, if you want to defend Mick go for your life. If you want to accuse me of culture wars for pointing out Mick does it, again, go for you life. But have a realistic look at this thread, he' had a small go at humour and the rest is just his usual culture war B/S.
DOB

Post by DOB »

CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:00 pm Back to the incident, looks like an accident waiting to happen with everything that could go wrong, going wrong. As said, Baldwin as producer, more than actor, will take some of the fault, deservedly so (which will further his real consequences, alluded to above).
I think he does bear some responsibility as the actor. The gun was put in his hands, and he took the word of the person putting it there that it was unloaded, but the few seconds of his time it would have taken to verify that could have saved a life.

I’ve never worked with firearms, but I’ve worked in plenty of jobs where safety was a big factor, and ultimately whoever is handling the piece of machinery is responsible for it being active or not, and you don’t get to say “but you told me the power/gas/water was off/the lockout/outrigger was on” when something goes wrong.

And you can’t say “he’s only the actor, he shouldn’t need to learn firearm safety.” If he’s operating the machine, he needs to know the basic safety operations of that machine. They wouldn’t let him on a horse or drive a car or fly a plane if he wasn’t trained to do it.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 pm
There's lots of the normal joking on the first four pages of this thread, that's not what Mick has been doing, it's not edgy humour, he was just culture warring.
It was edgy humour. Regardless of what direction his biases come form. And shouting "Culture war" against anything you disagree with is doing exactly that yourself.
Look, if you want to defend Mick go for your life. If you want to accuse me of culture wars for pointing out Mick does it, again, go for you life. But have a realistic look at this thread, he' had a small go at humour and the rest is just his usual culture war B/S.
You need to walk away. EDL is like Bimbo in these situations. He knows h is wrong but will just argue it out until you give up. So just let it go now
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:29 pm
If skierdick tries to compute more than two kinds of people, his brain throws up the blue screen of death.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am
You need to walk away. EDL is like Bimbo in these situations. He knows h is wrong but will just argue it out until you give up. So just let it go now
:thumbup:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

DOB wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am
CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:00 pm Back to the incident, looks like an accident waiting to happen with everything that could go wrong, going wrong. As said, Baldwin as producer, more than actor, will take some of the fault, deservedly so (which will further his real consequences, alluded to above).
I think he does bear some responsibility as the actor. The gun was put in his hands, and he took the word of the person putting it there that it was unloaded, but the few seconds of his time it would have taken to verify that could have saved a life.

I’ve never worked with firearms, but I’ve worked in plenty of jobs where safety was a big factor, and ultimately whoever is handling the piece of machinery is responsible for it being active or not, and you don’t get to say “but you told me the power/gas/water was off/the lockout/outrigger was on” when something goes wrong.

And you can’t say “he’s only the actor, he shouldn’t need to learn firearm safety.” If he’s operating the machine, he needs to know the basic safety operations of that machine. They wouldn’t let him on a horse or drive a car or fly a plane if he wasn’t trained to do it.
If it's someone else's actual job to make sure the gun is safe know Baldwin has a legal responsibility to do so as well
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

What does the Law in New Mexico actually have to say about workplace safety and training?

I work in an industry that places a very high degree of importance on that but I'm surrounded by people who don't... I don't expect them to observe the same safety rules as I do.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Skiaddict wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:04 pm Simple. Only two facts create manslaughter. 1. Was it dangerous? (Pointing guns with any type of a charge ie blank, rubber bullet etc) answer is yes. 2. Did someone die. Yes. Intent is no issue whatsover in a case of manslaughter. All the mitigating factors being discussed here are to be decided in court. Negiligence and contributory parties is decided at trial. Politics comes in to play at every level. For you to say #1 is false disregards the primary piece of evidence, a dead body.
Dude, just stop. A 1L at a third tier law school would know better after a month than to write that shit.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Do you guys see now how depressing it is to be a conservative in this country? These are my "allies"
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 am
Do you guys see now how depressing it is to be a conservative in this country? These are my "allies"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 am
Are you sure you’re conservative?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

UncleFB wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:58 am Are you sure you’re conservative?
Yes.

It will no doubt come to the surprise of many that conservativism is not about fellating billionaires, fighting for every kindergartener's right to own an AR15, riding custom choppers, and running around shouting "y'know it's liberals who are the REAL racists!" at the behest of Hannity and Co.

You may be forgiven for not knowing this.
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am
Good advice.
EDL has convinced himself he knows lots of stuff and will never admit he got something wrong. He’s an idiot.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 am
Yes.

It will no doubt come to the surprise of many that conservativism is not about fellating billionaires, fighting for every kindergartener's right to own an AR15, riding custom choppers, and running around shouting "y'know it's liberals who are the REAL racists!" at the behest of Hannity and Co.

I don't know who that would surprise more, most posters here or most of your 'allies'.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

MrJonno wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:24 am
fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 am
Yes.

I don't know who that would surprise more, most posters here or most of your 'allies'.
Let's just say I hope skiaddict is sitting down when he reads that.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

DOB

Post by DOB »

:lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

That is just so wrong whoever did that is going straight to hell
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

How does health and safety in construction in the US compare to here? The reason I ask is that all of the experts here are saying that basically this couldn’t happen on a film set in the U.K. or Ireland because they have very strict rules for using firearms on sets. I was watching the Irish drama Kin the other night and the baddie had a gun pressed up to the female lead characters face. So there goes rule number one never point a gun at another person. Maybe it was a fake gun, it looked real but who knows. Obviously it was unloaded but do you reckon the actor checked that himself? I doubt he did. I doubt he would even know how to.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Before this incident I think most people would have assumed you couldn't have live ammunition on set and that all guns would be kept under lock and key by a person certified to look after them and signed in and out certified as checked each time. What all the cast and crew do about their own licenced firearms I never actually thought of.
DOB

Post by DOB »

I’d say on-site H&S here is stricter than when I started on sites in Dublin in the 90’s, but behind where it was in the 00’s when the Boom got going. But manufacturing/pharmaceutical safety here is a step up from that. And even with the relaxed general standards about some things, things like needing to be qualified and trained on machinery to operate it, are strictly enforced.

I don’t know if Alec Baldwin knows how to handle a gun or not. But if it was necessary for him to handle a gun on the set of a movie where live, real guns could be used, I would think there should be some basic training for someone/anyone who might handle that gun.

And if the movie studio isn’t willing to provide that training, they should not be making a movie with live guns on-set.
You can call me Bill

What with the hippie chick armourer, it looks like the real dream team they'd assembled here.
The assistant director on the set of "Rust," where Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza, had a history of failing to maintain a "safe working environment," a former colleague has said.

In a statement to NBC News, Maggie Goll, a prop maker who worked with assistant director Dave Halls on Hulu's "Into the Dark" anthology series in February 2019, cited numerous examples of Hall's allegedly unsafe practices.

In one instance, Goll told NBC News, Halls decided to keep filming after a pyrotechnician had a medical emergency and the set had become dangerous.

Goll also said that, on the set of "Into the Dark," Halls neglected to hold safety meetings or make announcements before the appearance of a gun.

"The only reason the crew was made aware of a weapon's presence was that the assistant prop master demanded Dave acknowledge and announce the situation each day," she told NBC News.

"He did not maintain a safe working environment," Goll said in the statement. "Sets were almost always allowed to become increasingly claustrophobic, no established fire lanes, exits blocked ... safety meetings were nonexistent."

The prop master described Halls as someone who initially appeared to be "affable" but added that the "facade soon disappeared."

According to court records, Halls handed the prop gun to Baldwin, inaccurately telling him it was safe before the accidental shooting. "Cold gun," the assistant director said, according to the Associated Press, which cited a filing. In reality, the firearm was loaded with live rounds, said a detective in a search warrant application.

Insider's Yelena Dzhanova reported that a script supervisor for "Rust" blamed the assistant director in a 911 audio call of the shooting.

"This f**king AD that yelled at me at lunch asking about revisions, this motherfucker," said Mamie Mitchell, appearing to be in conversation with someone who was not on the call. "He's supposed to check the guns. He's responsible for what happened."

An investigation into the fatal shooting is ongoing, Insider reported.
https://www.insider.com/rust-shooting-a ... ue-2021-10
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

You can call me Bill wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:43 am What with the hippie chick armourer, it looks like the real dream team they'd assembled here.
The assistant director on the set of "Rust," where Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza, had a history of failing to maintain a "safe working environment," a former colleague has said.

In a statement to NBC News, Maggie Goll, a prop maker who worked with assistant director Dave Halls on Hulu's "Into the Dark" anthology series in February 2019, cited numerous examples of Hall's allegedly unsafe practices.

In one instance, Goll told NBC News, Halls decided to keep filming after a pyrotechnician had a medical emergency and the set had become dangerous.

Goll also said that, on the set of "Into the Dark," Halls neglected to hold safety meetings or make announcements before the appearance of a gun.

"The only reason the crew was made aware of a weapon's presence was that the assistant prop master demanded Dave acknowledge and announce the situation each day," she told NBC News.

"He did not maintain a safe working environment," Goll said in the statement. "Sets were almost always allowed to become increasingly claustrophobic, no established fire lanes, exits blocked ... safety meetings were nonexistent."

The prop master described Halls as someone who initially appeared to be "affable" but added that the "facade soon disappeared."

According to court records, Halls handed the prop gun to Baldwin, inaccurately telling him it was safe before the accidental shooting. "Cold gun," the assistant director said, according to the Associated Press, which cited a filing. In reality, the firearm was loaded with live rounds, said a detective in a search warrant application.

Insider's Yelena Dzhanova reported that a script supervisor for "Rust" blamed the assistant director in a 911 audio call of the shooting.

"This f**king AD that yelled at me at lunch asking about revisions, this motherfucker," said Mamie Mitchell, appearing to be in conversation with someone who was not on the call. "He's supposed to check the guns. He's responsible for what happened."

Just remember none of this stuff from a previous set is as yet proven to be true and yet again you seem to be accepting it as fact.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

INSIDER . COM

You can call me Bill

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:52 am
You can call me Bill wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:43 am What with the hippie chick armourer, it looks like the real dream team they'd assembled here.

Just remember none of this stuff from a previous set is as yet proven to be true and yet again you seem to be accepting it as fact.
Thanks. I'll try to remind you of the same, the next time you cite a source or express an opinion which has not been formally accepted as fact in a court of law. I hope that you will find this equally helpful.
towny

Post by towny »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 am

How does health and safety in construction in the US compare to here? The reason I ask is that all of the experts here are saying that basically this couldn’t happen on a film set in the U.K. or Ireland because they have very strict rules for using firearms on sets. I was watching the Irish drama Kin the other night and the baddie had a gun pressed up to the female lead characters face. So there goes rule number one never point a gun at another person. Maybe it was a fake gun, it looked real but who knows. Obviously it was unloaded but do you reckon the actor checked that himself? I doubt he did. I doubt he would even know how to.
I’m not sure where the UK is at, but a few years ago I had a senior construction manager from a major, international EPC tell me that the Australia’s HSE was many decades ahead of the US. So, presumably the UK is on par with the yanks.
towny

Post by towny »

“NEVER point a gun, loaded or not, at another person” is obviously a rule that has been broken in every action film ever made. Even Star Wars used real guns and those stormtroopers didn’t know where they were aiming.
You can call me Bill

guy smiley wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 am INSIDER . COM

WOOOOWWWWWWW, you know ALL the magazines. You're soooo amazzzzzzing.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

DOB wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:57 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:36 pm Has it been ascertained whether it was a direct shot or ricochet that killed the poor woman?
At least one account that I read (maybe the wiki article on the incident) said it was “an accidental discharge while unholstering,” which while it would involve some weird contortionism on Baldwin’s part, depending on where the victims were standing at the time, sounds not impossible.
Baldwin as the actor was probably being filmed straight-on and practicing pulling the gun from the holster and aiming it at the camera.

Article says: “The bullet missed the camera man, hit woman in chest and then hit director in shoulder”

Unlikely a ricochet would penetrate two people.
msp.

Post by msp. »

DOB wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 am I’d say on-site H&S here is stricter than when I started on sites in Dublin in the 90’s, but behind where it was in the 00’s when the Boom got going. But manufacturing/pharmaceutical safety here is a step up from that. And even with the relaxed general standards about some things, things like needing to be qualified and trained on machinery to operate it, are strictly enforced.

I don’t know if Alec Baldwin knows how to handle a gun or not. But if it was necessary for him to handle a gun on the set of a movie where live, real guns could be used, I would think there should be some basic training for someone/anyone who might handle that gun.

And if the movie studio isn’t willing to provide that training, they should not be making a movie with live guns on-set.
I would be surprised that after that guy in 80s shot himself while bored on set of cover up that mandatory training into safe gun management was not enforced on all sets.