The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
earl the beaver

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm McCarron, Grissing, Griffin and Hearty were all pros, weren't they?
Missed Griffin and Hearty

McCarron left after the Academy no?

And it's a different Gissing isn't it?
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

earl the beaver wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:57 am
Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:48 am
DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:14 am
irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:31 am looking at underage international squads:

2 players from Gonzaga, 2 from Kilkenny, 3 from Pres Bray...

1 from Belvo, 0 from Clongowes, 0 from Terenure, 1 from St. Marys, 0 from Castleknock..
What are you thoughts on that? Obviously St. Michaels weren't traditionally mapped in terms of supplying any singificant number of international players and are now an absolute machine, but what about the fall-off from some of the 'traditional' schools you mention above? Is it the rise of some of the (former) minnows, or a drop in quality in those schools?

For interest, I came across this Irish schools trial from 20 years ago:
https://www.irishrugby.ie/2001/11/29/ir ... ols-trial/

Blackrock 5
Clongowes 2
Belvedere 3
Gonzaga 3
Marys 2
Michaels 2
Rockwell 3
PBC 2
CBC 3
Crescent 3
Muchins 2
Methodist 3
RS Armagh 3
RBAI 2
Others 10
Bloody hell that was a very poor bunch barely produced any pro players never mind internationals. Must be one of the worst groups in last 20 years.
Lions: Tommy Bowe, Tomas O'Leary,
Irish Internationals: Kevin McLaughlin (I'm assuming that's a typo on the site, can't be that many backrows with the same name at the same school in the same year)
Pro Player: Neil McCombe, Lewis Stevenson, Denis Fogarty, Steenson, Niall Conlon,

Not a terrible showing.
Tommy didn't even make either team and was only a sub. TOL didn't make that Lions tour. Out of 40 plus players not a great showing.
10 years later- a few more pros though no lions

IRELAND UNDER-18 SCHOOLS Team & Replacements (v England Under-18s, 2011 FIRA-AER U-18 European Championship Qualifier, Donnybrook, Thursday, December 30, kick-off 2pm):

15. Jack Fitzpatrick (Gonzaga College)
14. Rory Scholes (Campbell College)
13. Seamus Glynn (Presentation Brothers College Cork)
12. Chris Farrell (Campbell College)
11. Mark Roche (Blackrock College)
10. Steve Crosbie (St. Gerard’s School)
9. Luke McGrath (St. Michael’s College) (capt)
1. Edward Byrne (Clongowes Wood College)
2. Andrew Murphy (St. Michael’s College)
3. Adam Boland (Blackrock College)
4. Jerry Sexton (St. Mary’s College)
5. Sean McCarthy (Rockwell College)
6. Dan Leavy (St. Michael’s College)
7. Jack O’Neill (Castleknock College)
8. Ryan Murphy (Presentation Brothers College Cork)

Replacements:

16. Thomas Ferrari (Sligo Grammar School)
17. Chris Taylor (Wallace High School)
18. Brian Scott (Presentation Brothers College Cork)
19. Gavin Thornbury (Blackrock College)
20. John Creighton (Campbell College)
21. Rory Scannell (Presentation Brothers College Cork)
22. Conor McEllin (Blackrock College)
23. Stuart Hooks (Royal School Armagh)
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

earl the beaver wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:24 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm McCarron, Grissing, Griffin and Hearty were all pros, weren't they?
Missed Griffin and Hearty

McCarron left after the Academy no?

And it's a different Gissing isn't it?
Don't think grissing got past academy than got a career ending injury, not sure Mccarron did and if so not for long.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

McCarron was in the 07/08 squad.

Didn't Grissing move to Connacht?
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:33 pm McCarron was in the 07/08 squad.

Didn't Grissing move to Connacht?
Mccarron went back to College
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/mccarr ... -1.1213149
Grissing might have gone to Connacht but got a career ending injury at 22/23
DOB

Post by DOB »

Who was the last Terenure player capped? It wasn't Girv, was it? Did any of the Blaneys get capped?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

DOB wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:43 pm Who was the last Terenure player capped? It wasn't Girv, was it? Did any of the Blaneys get capped?
Girv was the last player from Terenure to play from Leinster, let alone play for Ireland afaik
Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Darcy
It’s hard to shake the feeling that composition of the Ireland squad for the November Test series represents an opportunity missed. There are trace elements of positivity in the shape of a few young players who have been included like the uncapped duo Ciaran Frawley and Dan Sheehan but in delving beneath the headlines it is a relatively conservative selection.

There are also contradictory aspects in the selection with several players short on match minutes and in some cases form included while the genuine claims of others who impressed in the first five-game block of matches in the United Rugby Championship (URC) have been ignored. It represents mixed messages for players and that’s never a positive spin.

The games against Japan, New Zealand and Argentina should represent a ‘free go’ for Ireland head coach Andy Farrell to further experiment, mix and match styles and personnel with one eye on the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France. The Six Nations Championship pays the bills for professional rugby in Ireland so there isn’t much scope to chop and change in a results driven tournament.

Ireland will have to be fully loaded personnel wise for the three Test series in New Zealand next summer or suffer accordingly. As things stand Ireland have 19 internationals - it doesn’t include warm-up games in the summer - prior to the 2023 Rugby World Cup, 13 of which comprise two Six Nations Championships (2022, 2023) and the summer tour to New Zealand (2022)

The two November Test series, this year and next, offer leeway to shuffle the playing deck. Look at other countries like for example France, New Zealand, England and Australia, that’s exactly what they are doing during this window. It’s important not to stand still.

I do have sympathy for Farrell because at the top end there aren’t as many players pushing through as might be expected to shake up the incumbents, a state of affairs that represents a flashing red light for the provinces as well as the national team. Talent ID and development is not quite producing the calibre of gems as it did several years ago.

The presence of development players Jamie Osborne and Thomas Ahern is a continuation of something that previous coaches adopted. It’s not new. I think back to my own time as a teenager and receiving a call-up to Warren Gatland’s Ireland training squad ahead of World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Romania in November 1998 and a game against South Africa.

It started in rather embarrassing fashion. I took a phone call from team manager Donal Lenihan, unaware that the door of my apartment had locked behind me with the keys inside. Due at the team hotel in a couple of hours, my dad collected me, and I had to go and borrow some gear from a friend, Nicky O’Connor.

Conor O’Shea took one look at the bedraggled figure that arrived in the Glenview hotel and christened me ‘Swampy,’ in honour of those that were protesting against the felling of trees for the road expansion at the Glen of the Downs.

Gatland liked to back young players and that’s why myself, Brian O’Driscoll and Ciaran Scally were included. We spent our time smiling about how cool it was to be there and playing ‘rock, paper, scissors’ to see who would run down to the team room for snacks.

Ciaran made his debut against Georgia that November but his career was prematurely cut off at the knee by injury. Brian’s introduction to Test rugby came the following summer in Australia while I spent four seasons as a bag holder for the Irish team. Eddie O’Sullivan never fancied me as a player till I changed position, developed a lot as an athlete and forced his hand. Prior to the 2004 Six Nations I had five caps to my name.

Youth and potential
If Gatland championed youth and potential, O’Sullivan’s priority was winning games and personnel reflected that approach. Andy Farrell’s squad feels a bit like that, familiar at first glance and then a little underwhelming.

The fanfare regarding the return of the prodigal son, Simon Zebo (31), is understandable to a point but this isn’t a must win Six Nations game. Where does he fit into the World Cup jigsaw? It’s a populist selection that is largely skewed in favour of pedigree over form. He’s not alone in that respect.

For me Jacob Stockdale is still one of Ireland’s best players and will return after injury as first choice on the left wing. Hugo Keenan has been exceptional since his debut and has nailed down the 15 jersey. It’s so disappointing that Will Addison has succumbed to another injury misfortune because he has the talent to make the starting team.

If no newcomer, relative or otherwise, breaks the selection ceiling this November then it represents a golden opportunity lost. The makeup of the Irish squad has a whiff of results superseding all other concerns. That is a very narrow, short term focus. In previous seasons Ireland would always have one fixture in which they could make a dozen changes but that probably won’t be the case next month.

Japan are now considered very much in Ireland’s peer group and selection is likely to reflect that statement but there has to be a balance principally in ascertaining whether some of the less experienced players have the capacity to step up and thrive.

Robert Baloucoune, despite a lack of minutes for Ulster because of injury, should start. He’s an exciting, effervescent player with top end speed and this is the perfect setting to evaluate his progress.

If he plays well then he should stay in for the game against the All Blacks. Farrell is already well aware of what Keith Earls, Jordan Larmour, James Lowe and Andrew Conway offer: so too the absent Stockdale. There are wrinkles from a defence perspective in aspects of each of their games. Giving Baloucoune a run would be progressive.

Harry Byrne has played 22 minutes for Leinster this season. His potential is well documented but can he manage a game, can he think his way through it, problem solve and still possess the strength of character to find solutions when the team gets bogged down? There’s an argument to say that should happen first at Leinster over several games.

Joey Carbery also has several points to prove. If neither Byrne nor Carbery get any sort of meaningful game time next month then it is time to start saying novenas that Johnny Sexton stays healthy all the way to the World Cup. Pressure for places drives collective excellence within a team environment.

That’s some of what this playing window has to be about, looking to push and nurture those competition levels. Where does Tom O’Toole fit in the propping depth chart? He needs a body of work at Test level.

Players like Stuart McCloskey and Finlay Bealham have already been weighed and measured so would it be more beneficial to see whether Tom Daly, currently the form inside centre in Irish rugby, Stewart Moore or Jack Aungier included, tasked with presenting their credentials on the training paddock?

Adding four or five extra players to the squad rather than getting anyone to drop out wouldn’t break the bank financially but it would allow some of the younger or less experienced players to learn the systems in a more relaxed manner. I can vouch for the fact that the more regular the exposure to the national squad and systems, the easier it is to fit in, on and off the pitch.

Depth chart
Frawley’s presence is a positive but he needs to get some game time rather than simply holding a bag in training. Fitness permitting the centre combination for the game against New Zealand will perm two from Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki and Garry Ringrose but a mix and match between Frawley, Moore and James Hume for Japan or Argentina would be a progressive look at the depth chart.

Selecting three number eights in Jack Conan, Caelan Doris and Gavin Coombes suggests that one may play at blindside flanker. Doris is probably favourite for the role. If that’s not the case then I believe Jack O’Donoghue should have been not only in the squad but getting valuable game time as he ticks so many boxes as a player.

It’d be interesting to learn what if any dialogue there is between Farrell and his four provincial counterparts. Munster’s Jack Crowley offered a glimpse of his talent at the weekend; now he just needs another 15 starts to build on it. Ben Healy is in a different place and requires to be entrusted with the 10 jersey for the big games.

The fact that the provincial game - there may be one or two A interpros - effectively shuts down for most of November means that they are going to have to lean heavily on the All Ireland League to give some players game time.

It feels like we are back to early 2000 where if you had no experience you couldn’t get a chance until injury to another player intervened. How can you get experience if you don’t get a shot? It’s the ultimate paradox. Ireland are currently ticking along as if we had time, players and form on our side.

Farrell must decide whether winning the Japan match at any cost is the best prep for playing the All Blacks or would fostering genuine competition for places at the top level better serve Irish rugby in the short and medium term. There is nothing more sobering for a player than watching someone else wear his jersey and leave it in a better place after a game. That drives on both players.

In the natural evolution of successful teams one or two new faces come through every year, strengthening the group. In the next three weeks hopefully Ireland will be able to embrace that notion while chasing success on the pitch.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:43 pm Who was the last Terenure player capped? It wasn't Girv, was it? Did any of the Blaneys get capped?
Girv was the last player from Terenure to play from Leinster, let alone play for Ireland afaik
Did Dardis ever get a senior cap?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm
Did Dardis ever get a senior cap?
Nope.
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

D'Arcy talks some amount of utter tripe.

Zebo a "populist" selection; a nice word from the gammon phrase-book to appeal to his readers. :lol: :lol: x(
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

Pretty big fall from grace from what used be one of the big Leinster rugby schools.
8 Senior cups in 25 years between 1979 and 2003 according to Wiki

Girve retired in what, 2009? There must be about 20 lads per year make their debuts for one of the provinces. That is 200+ debuts without any representation. I don't keep that much of an eye on Irish underage teams, but I assume that probably correlates also?
IBWT

Post by IBWT »

Backrow
Inigo Cruise O’Brien (Blackrock College/Leinster)
Any relation to Conor?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

IBWT wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm
Backrow
Inigo Cruise O’Brien (Blackrock College/Leinster)
Any relation to Conor?
grandson I think.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:06 pm
Pretty big fall from grace from what used be one of the big Leinster rugby schools.

Girve retired in what, 2009? There must be about 20 lads per year make their debuts for one of the provinces. That is 200+ debuts without any representation. I don't keep that much of an eye on Irish underage teams, but I assume that probably correlates also?
I'd say the number of terenure players who have played for Ireland u20 since 2009 are under 5.
DOB

Post by DOB »

DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Maybe it’s cyclical? Mary’s, Terenure and Clongowes were the big threats when I was in school in the 90s; Zaga, Michaels and Newbridge would have been seen as comparative easy-beats at the time (you’d get the odd flash in the pan where a player like Geordan Murphy or Gavin Duffy could carry a small school a long way).
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

DOB wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:58 pm Maybe it’s cyclical? Mary’s, Terenure and Clongowes were the big threats when I was in school in the 90s; Zaga, Michaels and Newbridge would have been seen as comparative easy-beats at the time (you’d get the odd flash in the pan where a player like Geordan Murphy or Gavin Duffy could carry a small school a long way).
No doubt there is an element of that. Mary's and Clongowes are quite small numbers wise, so you can understand them falling off a bit as Rock, Michaels, Belvo, Roscrea etc ramped up their organisational levels. But Newbridge isn't that big and is co-ed now I think? Gonzaga isn't that big.

Whatever about falling away as likely winners of the Senior Cup, it seems amazing that they aren't even producing players capable of making age grade or academy. Was Dardis the last? And I think he was a poach from Newbridge or somewhere else.

It is a decent size school, with a pedigree - you have to think there is potential talent there not being developed - whether that is down to the Leinster setup or the school or both is something you'd question.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Clongowes has even lower numbers than before in the lower years and a lot more overseas students than before so not a surprise they're falling back.

Mary's aren't that small and start rugby earlier than most with the junior school. They should be better to be honest.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:37 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:58 pm Maybe it’s cyclical? Mary’s, Terenure and Clongowes were the big threats when I was in school in the 90s; Zaga, Michaels and Newbridge would have been seen as comparative easy-beats at the time (you’d get the odd flash in the pan where a player like Geordan Murphy or Gavin Duffy could carry a small school a long way).
No doubt there is an element of that. Mary's and Clongowes are quite small numbers wise, so you can understand them falling off a bit as Rock, Michaels, Belvo, Roscrea etc ramped up their organisational levels. But Newbridge isn't that big and is co-ed now I think? Gonzaga isn't that big.

Whatever about falling away as likely winners of the Senior Cup, it seems amazing that they aren't even producing players capable of making age grade or academy. Was Dardis the last? And I think he was a poach from Newbridge or somewhere else.

It is a decent size school, with a pedigree - you have to think there is potential talent there not being developed - whether that is down to the Leinster setup or the school or both is something you'd question.
Harrison Brewer.

Dardis was poached as you said.

Newbridge has between 900-1000 pupils but is co-ed as you said.

Strong investment in coaching at all levels is the biggest factor along with numbers IMO.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:43 pm Clongowes has even lower numbers than before in the lower years and a lot more overseas students than before so not a surprise they're falling back.

Mary's aren't that small and start rugby earlier than most with the junior school. They should be better to be honest.
I thought Terenure had about twice as many pupils as Marys?
Edit. Just checked here:
https://www.schooldays.ie/secondary-sch ... /Dublin-6w

says Terenure have 720, Marys have 460. Thought Terenure had a junior school too?

Just had a look at this wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland_n ... union_team

This bit is a doozy :lol:
Notable former Schoolboy representatives
The following players have been called by the Ireland senior national team. Despite the list below, players from other provinces are also routinely selected. Leinster does not dominate all areas of rugby life. Here are a snapshot of some notable former Leinster players, with one token Connacht player:

Gordon D'Arcy[17]
Luke Fitzgerald[18]
Cian Healy[19]
Jamie Heaslip[20]
Shane Jennings[21]
Rob Kearney[22]
Brian O'Driscoll[23]
Jonathan Sexton[24]
Gavin Duffy[25]
Andrew Dunne[26]
:lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:33 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:43 pm Clongowes has even lower numbers than before in the lower years and a lot more overseas students than before so not a surprise they're falling back.

Edit. Just checked here:

says Terenure have 720, Marys have 460. Thought Terenure had a junior school too?

The following players have been called by the Ireland senior national team. Despite the list below, players from other provinces are also routinely selected. Leinster does not dominate all areas of rugby life. Here are a snapshot of some notable former Leinster players, with one token Connacht player:

Gordon D'Arcy[17]
Luke Fitzgerald[18]
Cian Healy[19]
Jamie Heaslip[20]
Shane Jennings[21]
Rob Kearney[22]
Brian O'Driscoll[23]
Jonathan Sexton[24]
Gavin Duffy[25]
Andrew Dunne[26]
Not going to check but thought Terenure junior school had closed?

Mary's possibly loses some students over the years and has smaller later years. They've around 90 in first year anyway.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 pm
DeDoc wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Edit. Just checked here:

Gordon D'Arcy[17]
Luke Fitzgerald[18]
Cian Healy[19]
Jamie Heaslip[20]
Shane Jennings[21]
Rob Kearney[22]
Brian O'Driscoll[23]
Jonathan Sexton[24]
Gavin Duffy[25]
Andrew Dunne[26]
Not going to check but thought Terenure junior school had closed?

Mary's possibly loses some students over the years and has smaller later years. They've around 90 in first year anyway.
yeah its closed.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

incredible stuff on ROG's playing ability: https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1453 ... 14281?s=20
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 am incredible stuff on ROG's playing ability: https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1453 ... 14281?s=20

Bit unfair tbh. You could have some fun with Sexton highlighting his 2019-2020 performances in green, some of which were ROG-levels of shite and beyond. Doesn't change the fact he is our best 10 ever. Likewise with ROG, a player who mixed the sublime with the awful in green.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:03 am
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 am incredible stuff on ROG's playing ability: https://twitter.com/T2Rugby/status/1453 ... 14281?s=20

Bit unfair tbh. You could have some fun with Sexton highlighting his 2019-2020 performances in green, some of which were ROG-levels of shite and beyond. Doesn't change the fact he is our best 10 ever. Likewise with ROG, a player who mixed the sublime with the awful in green.
Oh I agree.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

That is brutal :lol:
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Sweet jesus someone has a chip on their shoulder :lol: . You could put together a collection of howlers from the career of any top level out half tbf and it’s not hard to find errors when someone has played 370 senior matches . While nobody has ever argued that ROG was a complete outhalf , to describe him as “a decent but limited kicking 10” can only be put down to trolling
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:31 am
That- is magnificent! I’m glad it’s reached here, I clicked just to check.
Willie Falloon

Post by Willie Falloon »

Humphreys was the better player
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Conspicuous wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 am
Sweet jesus someone has a chip on their shoulder :lol: . You could put together a collection of howlers from the career of any top level out half tbf and it’s not hard to find errors when someone has played 370 senior matches . While nobody has ever argued that ROG was a complete outhalf , to describe him as “a decent but limited kicking 10” can only be put down to trolling
That's all from one game tbf, not a sample across nearly 400.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:38 am
That is the best internet I've seen in a long time :lol:
I'd love to understand the mindset that prompts someone to go to that effort

News that Rog was a shit defender and occasionally had bad days is hardly 'hold the front page', but I guess what it does forcibly remind me is that we were virtually devoid of any competition between Humphs retirement and Sextons emergence. And lets face it, Humphs defence wasn't exactly much of an upgrade

My memory is fuzzy now, but did we cap anyone else at 10 between 2005 and 2005 other than ROG and Paddy Wallace? Did I dream that Geordan Murphy was cover at one point?
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Willie Falloon wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:04 am Humphreys was the better player
Did it take you long to make all those videos?
onesolidunit

Post by onesolidunit »

DeDoc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am

News that Rog was a shit defender and occasionally had bad days is hardly 'hold the front page', but I guess what it does forcibly remind me is that we were virtually devoid of any competition between Humphs retirement and Sextons emergence. And lets face it, Humphs defence wasn't exactly much of an upgrade

My memory is fuzzy now, but did we cap anyone else at 10 between 2005 and 2005 other than ROG and Paddy Wallace? Did I dream that Geordan Murphy was cover at one point?
Jeremy Staunton was one I think. Not too many household names knocking about.
rialtoblue

Post by rialtoblue »

Did Duffy come off the bench and cover 10 against Scotland at one point?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

IIRC Leinster's first choice outhalves in the noughties started with the bold Eddie Hekenui (00-01), followed by Nathan Spooner ((01-03), Felipe Contepomi (03 - 09), David Holwell (04/05, was Contepomi injured ?) culminating in the SexyGod in 2009. So not much contribution from Leinster there....
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

earl the beaver wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 am
Conspicuous wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 am
That's all from one game tbf, not a sample across nearly 400.
He shared 12 clips from 7 or 8 memorable matches I think? If you were to examine the career of any top level out half who played that many senior matches you’d find their fair share of fudge ups.ROG had his limitations but he was excellent for the most part of his test career. That Twitter user makes him sound like a loose cannon
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Yeah we went on a three test tour to NZ and Australia in 2006 with Geordan as our back up 10
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

What year was it? O'Driscoll got a try and a dg against England.
Radge had a stinker and everybody down South was drooling over his performance.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

lorcanoworms wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:48 am What year was it? O'Driscoll got a try and a dg against England.
Radge had a stinker and everybody down South was drooling over his performance.
2009 he missed a number of kicks at goal and we won by 1 point. I don’t remember anyone drooling over ROG’s performance that day tbh
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

ROG was a forwards outhalf. Turnstiles a backs outhalf. Backs don't count so fcuk off.