Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

All things Rugby
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

:lol:


:uhoh:
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

You have to love Harry Hoopert

Gives hope to all the slightly lumpy, mum-chooses-their-clothes kids of the world.
User avatar
mightyreds
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by mightyreds »

Go the Mighty Reds!!!
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:21 am
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:16 am
Farva wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 am Also how good is the Rebels scrum!
Orr is the form loosehead in Australia IMO.
You jinxed them!
I did! And it was Tupou outscrummaging Orr then too. Tupou is bloody good though.
Orr is solid, but most LHPs look good when Uelese is on. Strange when he goes off that the same blokes seem to be on rollerskates. If Uelese played for the ponies even Slipper and Sio would look good.
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm I think Wright would be the most versatile and could shift around

He played midfield back at school. Also in league, where he played centre and wing
Can’t tackle very well though. I’ll go with Daugunu or Ramm.

Maybe.... Rennie could move our best 13 to 14 and put Paisami in the starting team. But Daugunu and MK will start the first test and I’m pumped.
Last edited by towny on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm I think Wright would be the most versatile and could shift around

He played midfield back at school. Also in league, where he played centre and wing
Can’t tackle very well though. I’ll go with Daugunu or Ramm.

Maybe.... Rennie could move our best 13 to 14 and put Paisami in the starting team.
Electric pace though, yeah?

Gotta love that. Deep down inside.

Remember Rocket Rod? Same package.
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 pm
towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm I think Wright would be the most versatile and could shift around

He played midfield back at school. Also in league, where he played centre and wing
Can’t tackle very well though. I’ll go with Daugunu or Ramm.

Maybe.... Rennie could move our best 13 to 14 and put Paisami in the starting team.
Electric pace though, yeah?

Gotta love that. Deep down inside.

Remember Rocket Rod? Same package.
I remember rocket rod playing for the Wallabies.... I try not to, though
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

Don’t be like that :)

‘You can’t coach size and you can’t coach speed‘

Elite pace wingers are nice to have in your squad. No one really expects wingers to tackle anyway.

Play him as openside wing and leave clubber-O’Dagunu to play blind
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:39 pm Don’t be like that :)

‘You can’t coach size and you can’t coach speed‘

Elite pace wingers are nice to have in your squad. No one really expects wingers to tackle anyway.

Play him as openside wing and leave clubber-O’Dagunu to play blind
And MK watches him fluff around? Nah.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

Ahh OK

It becomes clear now...not really debating.

OK, yeah MK, Uelese etc etc. we know the drill. :thumbup:
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by Olo »

Good game by both sides. Some injuries of concern though.
Petaia and Uelese didn’t look good and I reckon DHP was never right.
Hard to go past that Reds backrow.
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 pm Ahh OK

It becomes clear now...not really debating.

OK, yeah MK, Uelese etc etc. we know the drill. :thumbup:
You don’t rate Uelese? I thought you watched rugby.
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

Olo wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:05 pm Good game by both sides. Some injuries of concern though.
Petaia and Uelese didn’t look good and I reckon DHP was never right.
Hard to go past that Reds backrow.
Petaia looked fine after the game. Walking around with the team laughing with no ice or strapping, so hopefully came through okay. DHP didn’t seem too bothered afterwards either, but groins are funny things.

Isi dominated Wilson - he had a huge game. Thought the Rebels backrow matched the Reds’ myself.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:20 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 pm Ahh OK

It becomes clear now...not really debating.

OK, yeah MK, Uelese etc etc. we know the drill. :thumbup:
You don’t rate Uelese? I thought you watched rugby.
Of course I do.

I was taking the piss out of you and your undisputable ‘list’, you dumb ox

:lol: :lol:
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:24 pm
towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:20 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 pm Ahh OK

It becomes clear now...not really debating.

OK, yeah MK, Uelese etc etc. we know the drill. :thumbup:
You don’t rate Uelese? I thought you watched rugby.
Of course I do.

I was taking the piss out of you and your undisputable ‘list’, you dumb ox

:lol: :lol:
I triple whooshed you!! Hahaha!

Got you so good. Look everyone at how good I nailed Shanky!
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

:x

Plum
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13358
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by MungoMan »

shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 pm :x

Plum
It's OK. We're nodding and smiling at him but, when he looks away, we're giggling behind out hands.
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

MungoMan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:46 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 pm :x

Plum
It's OK. We're nodding and smiling at him but, when he looks away, we're giggling behind out hands.
You pay respect to my face but laugh behind my back because you fear me. I’d love to be loved and feared, but if I had to choose....
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:47 pm
MungoMan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:46 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 pm :x

Plum
It's OK. We're nodding and smiling at him but, when he looks away, we're giggling behind out hands.
You pay respect to my face but laugh behind my back because you fear me. I’d love to be loved and feared, but if I had to choose....
:lol:

OK, Thanos
towny
Posts: 18775
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by towny »

I just made myself chuckle. That Thanos qhote... I was thinking up some ultimate tuff carnt response but then considered where I was.

Sitting in a car, in the rain, up the road from a 3 year Old’s party avoiding the other parents who’ll likely want to talk and stuff.

Just like Thanos would do... :blush:
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Soup AU qualifying final: Reds v Rebels

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:04 pm I just made myself chuckle. That Thanos qhote... I was thinking up some ultimate tuff carnt response but then considered where I was.

Sitting in a car, in the rain, up the road from a 3 year Old’s party avoiding the other parents who’ll likely want to talk and stuff.

Just like Thanos would do... :blush:
:lol:

Love it.

Peace
Post Reply