Rugby Championship - to be in Aus...

All things Rugby
shanky

Re: Rugby Championship - to be in Aus...

Post by shanky »

I'm sensing a disturbance in the Force

How does one defend the All Blacks, without simultaneously criticizing Jacinda?

Can these things co-exist?

Is this a Schrodingers cat debate?

A logical non-sequitur?

It's an existential crisis alright.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

shanky wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:34 am I'm sensing a disturbance in the Force

A logical non-sequitur?

I'm not sure why you think 'Defending the All Blacks" and "Defending NZ Rugby Administrators" are the same thing....
shanky

Post by shanky »

As in defending the ABs right to be home for Xmas

Arguing for it, promoting it.

For that to happen, Jacinda has to relax the rules

:thumbup:
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

A logical non-sequitur?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's simple. If Jacinda relaxed her draconian laws everything would be ok
But NZL can't be critical of her because it's all Australia's, Rob Clarke's, SANZAAR's and Hammertimes fault... :lol: never there's..
RandomNavigat0r

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:30 am Allow me to translate that -

"I'm so psychologically damaged by the last 15 years of the Wallabies getting the shit kicked out of them by NZ, I'll seize upon any 'victory' and wallow in it like a pig in shit"

Honestly, 'Hammer Time'? What a twat.
Shut the fu'ck up. I follow the All Blacks. Dick.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 am

"I'm so psychologically damaged by the last 15 years of the Wallabies getting the shit kicked out of them by NZ, I'll seize upon any 'victory' and wallow in it like a pig in shit"

Ok bro.
RandomNavigat0r

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 am
RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 am

Ok bro.
Stop worrying about everyone else and get your house in order, bro
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

I bet kiwi nurses, doctors, firefighters, cops and plenty of other essential workers think the ABs are acting like precious princesses right now.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

towny wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:20 pm
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:10 pm
towny wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 am Just checking:
the six-week tournament set to be held in Australia from November 7 to December 12.
Since when is 35 days six weeks?
Is this a trick question? Maybe you shouldn’t concern yourself with scheduling anything. Ever.
We’re hosting the Women’s World Cup ... didn’t you know. Safe to say Aussie will end up going it alone. A situation they will, with grace, accept.
How long does it go for? Or haven’t you been able to work that out either?

When is the Women’s RWC? You blokes couldn’t run a bath - might as well hand that over soonish. Yet another thing Australian fans can look forward to. 😎
For Towny:

So it's 2021 - starts in September next year.
Won by NZ against the other bidder - Australia - bid jointly led by Mark R...
GotheCanes

Post by GotheCanes »

If NZR was happy that the Aus players would miss xmas then why'd they'd think Aus would dagree to their request? NZR really have no idea
GotheCanes

Post by GotheCanes »

jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:46 am
Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm Missing Christmas? How old are they? 12?

Be grateful you can actually play... and that you get to stay alive after and not spread anything to your families...

I've spent more Christmases alone than with company.. it's fine.. you don't die of lack of Christmas...
I was just telling my wife, a nurse, about the All Blacks being quite upset about the fact they may miss having Christmas Day with the family and her reaction was ...so what, how many Christmases have I missed because I was working Christmas Day, and they get paid a fortune, sorry so sympathy at all, which does kinda put it into perspective.
Does her contract include her having to work xmas and other public holidays? Did she agree to it? According to NZRPA playing christmas isn't part of their contract
Tussock

Post by Tussock »

Not too fussed about the RC this year and I think if it's a dead rubber (i.e the ABs have the Bledisloe wrapped up) we'll see the wider AB squad come into play. Those with young families will be asked if they want to play the final test and if not they can head home a week early and a scratch team will play. I don't think the broadcasters can force the ABs to field a full strength team and it will be a good chance to throw some newcomers into the mix.
Tussock

Post by Tussock »

Of course that's if the RC goes ahead which I won't hold my breath until the first game kicks off.
towny

Post by towny »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:53 am
towny wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:20 pm
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:10 pm
towny wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 am Just checking:

Since when is 35 days six weeks?
Is this a trick question? Maybe you shouldn’t concern yourself with scheduling anything. Ever.
We’re hosting the Women’s World Cup ... didn’t you know. Safe to say Aussie will end up going it alone. A situation they will, with grace, accept.
How long does it go for? Or haven’t you been able to work that out either?

When is the Women’s RWC? You blokes couldn’t run a bath - might as well hand that over soonish. Yet another thing Australian fans can look forward to. 😎
For Towny:

So it's 2021 - starts in September next year.
Won by NZ against the other bidder - Australia - bid jointly led by Mark R...
And it goes for 21 days, or 4 weeks?
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Not sure Towny - depends if Aus somewhere engineer to hold it.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm Missing Christmas? How old are they? 12?

Be grateful you can actually play... and that you get to stay alive after and not spread anything to your families...

I've spent more Christmases alone than with company.. it's fine.. you don't die of lack of Christmas...
I was just telling my wife, a nurse, about the All Blacks being quite upset about the fact they may miss having Christmas Day with the family and her reaction was ...so what, how many Christmases have I missed because I was working Christmas Day, and they get paid a fortune, sorry so sympathy at all, which does kinda put it into perspective.
Sounds like a smart woman to me. I was thinking exactly the same thing. And FFS it's not as if anyone is forcing this upon them except their own government. I really don't think there would be a huge uproar among the general public if they said, "hey look guys ... we're going to make an exception for the All Blacks and let them go home on Christmas day ... yeah, it's special treatment. Anyone got a problem?". You'd probably get one or two self-righteous nitwits and that would be that, problem solved. And if the government doesn't budge ... hey, take one for your country. You're professionals ffs. Lots of people can't go home Christmas day.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Zakar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:54 am I bet kiwi nurses, doctors, firefighters, cops and plenty of other essential workers think the ABs are acting like precious princesses right now.
Yeah but apparently because they knew what they were signing up for, it’s different, whereas if the All Blacks had been told that being an All Black might mean that in unprecedented times, they might have to forgo Christmas with the family...once, then they would never have signed up :roll:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

GotheCanes wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:10 am

Does her contract include her having to work xmas and other public holidays? Did she agree to it? According to NZRPA playing christmas isn't part of their contract
The poor possums, they get paid an absolute shitload of money to do what they love doing, and in unprecedented times are being asked to do something out of the normal and suddenly Christmas fucking day is the hill on which they want to make a stand, or so we are led to believe by NZR, who I think are ultimately responsible for dropping the ball in this instance, had they not completely fucked the cat earlier on in the year, they would have been in a stronger negotiating position, but they completely shit the bed and their employees are paying the price.
Do you honestly think the All Blacks are the only employees having to make sacrifices because of Covid, because if so you are living in LaLa land
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Jambanja,that's an unhinged post given not a single player has so far spoken out against the released schedule.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 pm Jambanja,that's an unhinged post given not a single player has so far spoken out against the released schedule.
So you obviously didn’t actually read it did you, have another look at it and get back to me
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 pm Jambanja,that's an unhinged post given not a single player has so far spoken out against the released schedule.
So you obviously didn’t actually read it did you, have another look at it and get back to me

When you referred to them as "poor possums" did you mean this in a positive way?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:08 pm
jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm

When you referred to them as "poor possums" did you mean this in a positive way?
Fuck me you guys are sensitive, a poster said that nurses and other essential worker knew what they were signing up to, so working Christmas Day was part and parcel whereas the All Blacks didn’t so it was understandable that they may have reservations, it was to that that I said the “poor possums”, I was replying to his assertion, i then followed up by saying that it was NZR that are crying on behalf of their employees, not the employees themselves...but you knew that and decided to comment anyway...dumb
grievous

Post by grievous »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:44 am
grievous wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:08 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 am I hope that none of these SANZAAR decisions impact Andy Marinos' application for the CEO of Rugby Australia.
Rob Clarke’s role has been extended, they may not bother recruiting if he stays on.
May debunk your intended collusion comment

Naive

He's reconfirmed he's leaving, as has Hammer. Extension is because he can't go off sailing yet...
All the time you have lived here and you still don’t know how the Mosman Mafia work
Last edited by grievous on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
towny

Post by towny »

A logical non-sequitur?

It’s so obvious when Shanky’s read a new “no-pictures” book
towny

Post by towny »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:19 am Not sure Towny - depends if Aus somewhere engineer to hold it.
Sometimes I feel like your heart just isn’t in it anymore.
shanky

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

A logical non-sequitur?

Bitch... Admit that I’m your word-daddy
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

towny wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

A logical non-sequitur?

:lol:
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

https://scontent.fhlz3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5F96D92C
Fight deepens over Rugby Championship plans

The trans-Tasman row over the Rugby Championship is escalating and it is still not confirmed if the All Blacks will play the tournament.
SANZAAR have hit back at NZ Rugby over scheduling frustrations that mean All Blacks competing in the Rugby Championship will miss Christmas with their families because they'll still be in managed isolation.

SANZAAR chief executive Andy Marinos revealed a similar request had been made for Australian players during talks over the championship being held here. He says NZR denied the request.

But New Zealand Rugby Players' Association chief executive Rob Nicol said there had been confusion around the draw.

There were more hurdles, he told Morning Report, adding it was yet to be confirmed if team Argentina - whose players have had Covid - would be allowed into Australia.

"When the tournament was going to be in New Zealand and there was no mention of Australia it was looked at six games over six weeks. It was actually us in conversation with the Australian and South African players.

"One of the things we realised when talking with those guys was if they went back to Australia they would have been quarantine over Christmas, and we're like 'that's no good'."

Nicol said then there were talks with NZRU of playing the six games in five weeks - so that all the players could make in time for Christmas.

He understood that that was part of the bid, but found out yesterday that it would be six games over six weeks.

"The announcement yesterday came as a surprise to us, obviously came as a surprise to New Zealand Rugby and came as a surprise to a few of the broadcasters."

He said the first move now would be to interrogate SANZAAR and Australia.

"... the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing."

If there was no solution reached, then the association would look at other options, he said.

"New Zealand's bid was to finish on the 5 December to get the Australians ... and Argentinians back home, leaving here on the 6th."

He said the situation was adapted for that reason.

The draw was released yesterday had All Blacks set to play their last game (against Australia) on 12 December.

Nicol would not comment on whether the team would do one less day in quarantine in New Zealand to be able to spend Christmas with their families.

"We haven't actually confirmed the tournament. We're still waiting on all the protocol for the whole tournament itself.

"Ultimately it will come down to individual players looking at the plan ... they all want to go, desperately want to represent the country, they want to see rugby back up and running for the reasons we know they want to put a smile on people's faces, see businesses getting up and running off the back of that.

"They all want to go - there's no questions there - but some of them have got other pressing personal issues that they are going to have to weigh up with themselves and their families."

He said South Africa had yet to confirm they would attend because they only started training last weekend.

"Argentina are currently in Uruguay ... around half their squad have had Covid, so they've got some challenges."

As for team New Zealand, he would not say if the tournament was on or off the table just yet.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

SANZAAR appears to be dead.

Scrap it - put the ABs back into the provincial sides and promote the shit out of those - please.
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

Can we just play some Test match rugby, please?
Peaches

Post by Peaches »

All Blacks have lost their mental toughness.

Even the Warriors just spent 5 months in a bubble without seeing their families.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Peaches wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 am All Blacks have lost their mental toughness.

Even the Warriors just spent 5 months in a bubble without seeing their families.
Or someone is being petty and spiteful - childish even. :roll:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Peaches wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 am All Blacks have lost their mental toughness.

Worth remembering that not a single All Black player has commented publicly on the Rugby Championship draw since it was released.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:08 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 pm So NZR come out a few months ago and start banging on about how South Africa are out of Super rugby and if Aus want to join the new competition then they can apply to have two teams in it etc, and are now surprised that they seem to be getting the thin end of the wedge over the RC, seems like Mr Robinson is not the sharpest tool in the shed
Indeed. He appears to be waaaay out of his depth.
You're just picking up mutterings in the press. That's no true guage of what's going on. What we do know is Mark Robinson is a former pro international capped player with a solid background in business and sporting governance. I'm not saying this points to an issue with AR, but there's been so much crap flying around in the papers.
The 45 year old Robinson has an excellent pedigree; born and raised in Taranaki, he represented the Crusaders and earned nine caps as a midfielder for the All Blacks between 2000-02. Later he studied at Cambridge University in England, was the Taranaki Rugby Football Union's CEO and has since been working in consultancy in areas of education, environment, energy and agriculture.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Enzedder wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:26 pm SANZAAR appears to be dead.

Scrap it - put the ABs back into the provincial sides and promote the shit out of those - please.
Ditto SA.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Ja being at home at Xmast is more important then playing for the All Blacks. :shock:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:00 am

Ja being at home at Xmast is more important then playing for the All Blacks. :shock:
Are you actually this stupid, or do you just comes across that way on the internet? Not a single actual All Black player has complained about the RC schedule. It's idiot fans like you that make me so glad that NZ won't have anything to do with South African teams at SR level moving forward. Enjoy playing Rugby all summer long until the end of time against Zebre, Trevisio and Ospreys :thumbup:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mr bungle wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:44 am
Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:08 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 pm So NZR come out a few months ago and start banging on about how South Africa are out of Super rugby and if Aus want to join the new competition then they can apply to have two teams in it etc, and are now surprised that they seem to be getting the thin end of the wedge over the RC, seems like Mr Robinson is not the sharpest tool in the shed
Indeed. He appears to be waaaay out of his depth.
You're just picking up mutterings in the press. That's no true guage of what's going on. What we do know is Mark Robinson is a former pro international capped player with a solid background in business and sporting governance. I'm not saying this points to an issue with AR, but there's been so much crap flying around in the papers.
The 45 year old Robinson has an excellent pedigree; born and raised in Taranaki, he represented the Crusaders and earned nine caps as a midfielder for the All Blacks between 2000-02. Later he studied at Cambridge University in England, was the Taranaki Rugby Football Union's CEO and has since been working in consultancy in areas of education, environment, energy and agriculture.
Yes, all that experience looks good on paper.

Even your own journos are lashing out now.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/r ... BMNqjuNa6M
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:27 am

Worth remembering that not a single All Black player has commented publicly on the Rugby Championship draw since it was released.
On whose behalf exactly have the NZRFU been speaking, I'm curious? It would be very unprofessional for some random squad member to wade into the debate with their own 2c, not matter what they thought. The NZRFU are speaking on behalf of the players. If the players don't like it, surely it's up to them to say "shut the f-ck up".

From my perspective this is a problem entirely of NZ's making, the NZRFU and the NZ government. And I'd say exactly the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot, the facts are too plain to deny.

That all said ... latest news is that the last test match will be as scheduled previously. Whether that means the NZ players will not be home for Christmas I don't know. Maybe the players did indeed tell the NZRFU to shut up. In fact, maybe every single one of the players put their commitment to the All Blacks first, I don't know. It's entirely possible. But "none of the individual players said anything" is a moot argument. The governing body that speaks on their behalf did.
towny

Post by towny »

I suspect NZR are just desperate for a win. They don’t care what the battle is - they are just about weird optics. Maybe they fear the mob will turn on them if they realize just how inept they are.
Players are most likely bemused at the debacle of the past few months.