Rugby Championship - to be in Aus...

All things Rugby
Ali's Choice

Re: Rugby Championship - to be in Aus...

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 am The first games were last weekend, hardly the ideal lead in, meanwhile AUs a s Nz have already done a full domestic SR and NZ are now playing the Mitre 10 cup, the All Blacks have had a trot in that too, plus they will have two Bledisloe matches as a very nice warm up, the odds couldn’t be more stacked
So what's your solution? Keeping in mind that as it stands it's currently against the law in South Africa for the Springboks to take the field against international opposition? Pray that the South African laws are changed and play through December and January? So that the AB's, who started their 2020 Super Rugby season at the end of January this year, play a full 12 month season? Seems fair and reasonable.
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

New Zealand media finally growing a pair and turning on their beloved All Blacks. And rightly so. He is right about the All Blacks throwing their toys out of their cot. This is so embarassing for the All Black brand the reputational damage might be ever lasting. They have become the serial whingers of the Rugby World
Bolshie All Blacks acting like spoiled brats with Christmas demands

Duncan Johnstone
10:28, Oct 01 2020

OPINION: The All Blacks are acting like the spoiled brats of an infected New Zealand sporting scene with their demands to be home by Christmas.

The world has changed with Covid-19 and their attitude needs to change with it, if they are serious about contesting the Rugby Championship in Australia.

Sporting sacrifices have been made everywhere. Just ask the Warriors or the Phoenix who have spent an intolerable amount of time across the Tasman under heavy restrictions this year.

Yes, the festive season for the All Blacks looks like it will be disrupted but there has not been too much sacred about Christmas and sport for many years.

The Black Caps will probably be training on Christmas Day, preparing for their Boxing Day test against Pakistan in Mt Maunganui.

Footballers all over Europe will be doing similar, as they have done for years.

The same goes for the NFL in the United States, where professionalism is a trademark.

'We're not just going to roll over and accept this': All Blacks captain Sam Cane reveals the reaction of ABs leaders group to controversial Rugby Championship draw.
The All Blacks have now dragged themselves into a political argument with the threat made by new captain Sam Cane that “we’re not going to just roll over and accept this” as they contemplate Christmas in quarantine.

It is noble of them to be trying to fix the problems of what appears to be some ineffective administration at New Zealand Rugby who can’t seem to get a win against Australia or South Africa at present.

But this appears to be another case of the tail wagging the dog, where the servants are trying to dictate to their masters.

Do the All Blacks hold the same power they did a wee while ago, to be making such demands? They are not the world champions any longer. Heck, they are not even the champions of the Rugby Championship.

There was a time when players would crawl over broken glass to put on the black jersey. Bigger sacrifices than a missed Christmas dinner with the family have been made down the history of the famous team.

A lot of common folk will actually be working on Christmas Day rather than sitting in a plush hotel, getting served what will undoubtedly be a decent dinner.

Stop being Christmas turkeys and think outside the square guys – have your own special family celebration a couple of days later.

It is more surprising they have not had doubts about the sense of playing rugby in Australia in the heat of November and December in the first place.

It is no longer an even playing field and never looked like being one with New Zealand and Australia able to play rugby while South Africa and Argentina were locked down with their countries ravaged by Covid-19.

The Springboks and Pumas have only just resumed and both have been hit by positive tests for the coronavirus.

There is a desperation to play the tournament purely for financial reasons.

There is some economic sense to that argument and that should be realised by the players most of all with their heavy wages needing to be paid.

In a new environment that requires fluid thinking and almost daily adaptation to ever-changing circumstances, the All Blacks would be better reacting accordingly rather than throwing their toys out of the cot
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:04 am
jambanja wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 am The first games were last weekend, hardly the ideal lead in, meanwhile AUs a s Nz have already done a full domestic SR and NZ are now playing the Mitre 10 cup, the All Blacks have had a trot in that too, plus they will have two Bledisloe matches as a very nice warm up, the odds couldn’t be more stacked
So what's your solution? Keeping in mind that as it stands it's currently against the law in South Africa for the Springboks to take the field against international opposition? Pray that the South African laws are changed and play through December and January? So that the AB's, who started their 2020 Super Rugby season at the end of January this year, play a full 12 month season? Seems fair and reasonable.
Solution? Didn’t realise I was being asked for one, I’m merely committing on the situation as it is.
If I was providing a solution I would suggest playing the Bledisloe series and scrap TRC for 2020, the Boks and Pumas are turning up as cannon fodder for the ABs and Wallabies as it is, and as has been commented on already who wants to be playing test rugby in the heat of December anyway
RandomNavigat0r

towny wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:00 pm On the off chance that those minutes are real and accurately show what others who’ve seen them say, It’s hard to see how Mark Robinson can survive this. He has been a disaster for NZ rugby. I’m not sure if NZ fans realise how low their stock has sunk.

It took Trump 4 years ffs.
And it will take Trump 4 more years...
RandomNavigat0r

towny wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:10 am When did NZR and their blind acolytes become the GOP?
If it wasn’t so funny, it would be outrageous.

I’m certain that zoom evidence would be dismissed as a Wuhan deep fake. If Robbo admits he lied, we all have kiwis insisting he was joking, and besides, he’s part of the globalist, Soros conspiracy to bring down the All Blacks and replace them with communist gays.
Yeah I think you were doing alright in this thread before you tried to become edgy and compare NZ to the GOP party you disagree with. Plenty of people are laughing at the dimentia ridden bumbling shitshow the democrats are putting on so if you are trying to say RA is the democrats by comparing them to a party that cannot string two words together and requires a dose of amphetamine to be able to converse then you have missed the mark big time.
grievous

Post by grievous »

jambanja wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 am
grievous wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 am
jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:39 pm
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 pm
grievous wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 pm

It will go ahead, Kiwis are trying to find a way to not lose face.
Much scrambling by NZR between NZ gov and the players right now.
That's been my view here - suck it up and get it done.
The biggest risk in my mind is not NZ, rather SA, and to lesser extent Arg, not going ahead.
Agreed, and even if they do, it will most likely be a "development squad", either way they are going to get smashed and the whole thing is going to go off like a damp squib, both SA and Arg have had absolutely no rugby to speak of and they're about to go up against battle hardened AB's and Wallabies.
Doesnt SA have some domestic rugby under their belt. It would be worse for them if they miss this tournament. Sending a development squad makes no sense.
The first games were last weekend, hardly the ideal lead in, meanwhile AUs a s Nz have already done a full domestic SR and NZ are now playing the Mitre 10 cup, the All Blacks have had a trot in that too, plus they will have two Bledisloe matches as a very nice warm up, the odds couldn’t be more stacked
Well go and play a 4 game series with Namibia and Zimbabwe then if its too hard.
RandomNavigat0r

Pretty sure they lost their last series to Zimbabwe.
towny

Post by towny »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 am
towny wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:10 am When did NZR and their blind acolytes become the GOP?

I’m certain that zoom evidence would be dismissed as a Wuhan deep fake. If Robbo admits he lied, we all have kiwis insisting he was joking, and besides, he’s part of the globalist, Soros conspiracy to bring down the All Blacks and replace them with communist gays.
Yeah I think you were doing alright in this thread before you tried to become edgy and compare NZ to the GOP party you disagree with. Plenty of people are laughing at the dimentia ridden bumbling shitshow the democrats are putting on so if you are trying to say RA is the democrats by comparing them to a party that cannot string two words together and requires a dose of amphetamine to be able to converse then you have missed the mark big time.
:lol: :lol:

Listen Bazza, you are and always be an absolutely shit human. Not my fault you’re an Australian AND a farkwit, but I must deal with it. You’re not funny and you’re insults are lame. You have amused or offended zero people on this bored in a decade.

Now fark off while I try and get to the bottom of the issues. Start a rugby chat on Breitbart for all I care. But don’t engage with me - I’ll not be jumping in your gutter. I prefer to converse with my peers, and if I cannot find any of those, kiwis will do.

But ciao 👍
RandomNavigat0r

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:47 am

Listen Bazza, you are and always be an absolutely shit human. Not my fault you’re an Australian AND a farkwit, but I must deal with it. You’re not funny and you’re insults are lame. You have amused or offended zero people on this bored in a decade.

Now fark off while I try and get to the bottom of the issues. Start a rugby chat on Breitbart for all I care. But don’t engage with me - I’ll not be jumping in your gutter. I prefer to converse with my peers, and if I cannot find any of those, kiwis will do.

But ciao 👍
4 more years mate, 4 more years!
towny

Post by towny »

Even the kiwi players have come around to the fact that it’s their board that is the problem.

Going to be a tough choice now for kiwi boredies - do they:
- claim fake news
- walk back 3 months of comments defending their actions and words of the dishonest and bullying NZR
- throw their precious players under the bus
- ignore this whole topic and hope everyone forgets their sins and omissions.

I’ll be happy to let it all go if kiwis front up now and say they were 100% wrong, that NZR lies go back until at least 1995, and that their nation should not have behaved the way they have for 25 years.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 am New Zealand media finally growing a pair and turning on their beloved All Blacks. And rightly so. He is right about the All Blacks throwing their toys out of their cot. This is so embarassing for the All Black brand the reputational damage might be ever lasting. They have become the serial whingers of the Rugby World
Bolshie All Blacks acting like spoiled brats with Christmas demands

Duncan Johnstone
10:28, Oct 01 2020

OPINION: The All Blacks are acting like the spoiled brats of an infected New Zealand sporting scene with their demands to be home by Christmas.

The world has changed with Covid-19 and their attitude needs to change with it, if they are serious about contesting the Rugby Championship in Australia.

Sporting sacrifices have been made everywhere. Just ask the Warriors or the Phoenix who have spent an intolerable amount of time across the Tasman under heavy restrictions this year.

Yes, the festive season for the All Blacks looks like it will be disrupted but there has not been too much sacred about Christmas and sport for many years.

The Black Caps will probably be training on Christmas Day, preparing for their Boxing Day test against Pakistan in Mt Maunganui.

Footballers all over Europe will be doing similar, as they have done for years.

The same goes for the NFL in the United States, where professionalism is a trademark.

'We're not just going to roll over and accept this': All Blacks captain Sam Cane reveals the reaction of ABs leaders group to controversial Rugby Championship draw.
The All Blacks have now dragged themselves into a political argument with the threat made by new captain Sam Cane that “we’re not going to just roll over and accept this” as they contemplate Christmas in quarantine.

It is noble of them to be trying to fix the problems of what appears to be some ineffective administration at New Zealand Rugby who can’t seem to get a win against Australia or South Africa at present.

But this appears to be another case of the tail wagging the dog, where the servants are trying to dictate to their masters.

Do the All Blacks hold the same power they did a wee while ago, to be making such demands? They are not the world champions any longer. Heck, they are not even the champions of the Rugby Championship.

There was a time when players would crawl over broken glass to put on the black jersey. Bigger sacrifices than a missed Christmas dinner with the family have been made down the history of the famous team.

A lot of common folk will actually be working on Christmas Day rather than sitting in a plush hotel, getting served what will undoubtedly be a decent dinner.

Stop being Christmas turkeys and think outside the square guys – have your own special family celebration a couple of days later.

It is more surprising they have not had doubts about the sense of playing rugby in Australia in the heat of November and December in the first place.

It is no longer an even playing field and never looked like being one with New Zealand and Australia able to play rugby while South Africa and Argentina were locked down with their countries ravaged by Covid-19.

The Springboks and Pumas have only just resumed and both have been hit by positive tests for the coronavirus.

There is a desperation to play the tournament purely for financial reasons.

There is some economic sense to that argument and that should be realised by the players most of all with their heavy wages needing to be paid.

In a new environment that requires fluid thinking and almost daily adaptation to ever-changing circumstances, the All Blacks would be better reacting accordingly rather than throwing their toys out of the cot
What a bunch of cry babies. :lol:

4 more years
:shock:
towny

Post by towny »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:53 am

But ciao 👍
He should focus on being alive in 4 more weeks. 😂
RandomNavigat0r

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 am
RandomNavigat0r wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:53 am

But ciao 👍
He should focus on being alive in 4 more weeks. 😂
You better hope he doesn't survive otherwise you will get to hear how he didn't even know he had it after taking some hydroxychloroquine and some zinc that allowed him to push through unscathed. Looking forward to it. More than likely gonna get those Dem lovers raging even more.

Better hope he never passed it on to Biden, especially with that bulging tumour pushing down on his brain causing him to forget and slur his own words, the bloke won't stand a chance. He already drools on camera.
towny

Post by towny »

I don’t care if Biden gets it. He’ll survive the election. Let a Black woman run the US for 8 years.

Be awesome.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:05 am Even the kiwi players have come around to the fact that it’s their board that is the problem.

- claim fake news
- walk back 3 months of comments defending their actions and words of the dishonest and bullying NZR

I’ll be happy to let it all go if kiwis front up now and say they were 100% wrong, that NZR lies go back until at least 1995, and that their nation should not have behaved the way they have for 25 years.
Where are these "minutes" that you could get hold of?
RandomNavigat0r

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 am I don’t care if Biden gets it. He’ll survive the election. Let a Black woman run the US for 8 years.

Be awesome.
You go girl!
towny

Post by towny »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:41 am
towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:05 am Even the kiwi players have come around to the fact that it’s their board that is the problem.

- claim fake news

Keep up mate. NZ Players Association aren’t wanting a copy of the minutes - they know the score.

Which is I believe:

Hammer 98 - NZR 0
akann

Post by akann »

With the upcoming travel bubble, I wouldn't be surprised to see NZ play Australia on the 31st of October and finish the RC on the 5th of December.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

akann wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:45 am With the upcoming travel bubble, I wouldn't be surprised to see NZ play Australia on the 31st of October and finish the RC on the 5th of December.
Yeah good call, they will be able to enter Australia and not need to quaratine.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am
Keep up mate. NZ Players Association aren’t wanting a copy of the minutes - they know the score.

But you offered and I accepted. I think you were just being an Aussie and full of bluff.
RandomNavigat0r

Enzedder wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:16 am
towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am

But you offered and I accepted. I think you were just being an Aussie and full of bluff.
Na he is full of fluff... Give him a big hug. He won't bite.

I mean he wants the guy who finished last in his class and can't even remember the alphabet let alone string two coherent sentences together as his next president, the same man who doesn't even know where he graduated ... :lol:
towny

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 am It's a giant conspiracy to stop a few athletes spending Christmas at home! Wake up sheeple!
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Why can't they just say that the Bledisloe is part of the Rugby Championship for this year. Then they NZ won;t need to play on the 12th
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:07 pm Why can't they just say that the Bledisloe is part of the Rugby Championship for this year. Then they NZ won;t need to play on the 12th
Cause money.
Couch

Post by Couch »

towny wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 am I don’t care if Biden gets it. He’ll survive the election. Let a Black woman run the US for 8 years.

Be awesome.
Maybe give Australia back to the Abos first, now thats what I call awesome.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Couch wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:55 am

Be awesome.
Maybe give Australia back to the **** first, now thats what I call awesome.
Yeah, don't call them that chief.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Zakar wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:04 am

Be awesome.
Maybe give Australia back to the **** first, now thats what I call awesome.

Yeah, don't call them that chief.
Yeah, the correct term is Black Fellas
towny

Post by towny »

Flustered kiwis trying to be edgy - just coming across racist.

Pull your heads in. If you wouldn’t say sometime to a group of people in their pub, don’t try to be a hard man and use such terms behind the safety of your keyboard and pseudonym.

It’s a bit scummy to say the least.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

towny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:00 pm Flustered kiwis trying to be edgy - just coming across racist.

Pull your heads in. If you wouldn’t say sometime to a group of people in their pub, don’t try to be a hard man and use such terms behind the safety of your keyboard and pseudonym.

Have you even travelled through your country?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Be awesome.
"Abo" is the most insulting term you can use to describe an Aboriginal Australian, for Aboriginal people. Hopefully your lack of contextual knowledge means you weren't aware of this. It's like using the n-word to refer to an African American. Common decency and self respect would require you to edit your post.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Be awesome.
"Abo" is the most insulting term you can use to describe an Aboriginal Australian, for Aboriginal people. Hopefully your lack of contextual knowledge means you weren't aware of this. It's like using the n-word to refer to an African American. Common decency and self respect would require you to edit your post.
It’s very bad but there’s far worse. I won’t mention them as I don’t want to give edgy kiwis any more ammo.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Sorted...Hopefully get to match 4 or 5....
All Blacks get Christmas wish in Rugby Championship resolution
By Tom Decent
October 8, 2020 — 6.55pm

The Rugby Championship scheduling saga is over after SANZAAR confirmed that the All Blacks would be home in time for Christmas following a game switch that pits Australia against New Zealand in four straight matches.

But while the Kiwis have got their way, they will have to fork out some of the extra costs associated with moving the game.

As revealed by the Herald this week, officials had been working towards moving the December 12 match between the Wallabies and All Blacks at ANZ Stadium six weeks forward to October 31.

This would allow New Zealand to leave Australia after a December 5 fixture against South Africa, return home and be out of their two-week quarantine in time for Christmas.

The October 31 fixture, which takes place before the Rugby Championship officially kicks off on November 7 and after two games in New Zealand on the next two Sundays, will be played at ANZ Stadium.

It means there are now five-double headers, instead of six, over five weekends in November and the first Saturday of December.

The remainder of the draw is unchanged, except for the fact that Argentina and South Africa’s final match, on December 12, has been moved to McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle.

New Zealand Rugby were furious at the prospect that their players might not be with their families on December 25.

“The opening of the travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand from New Zealand and an agreement by the parties on revised commercial outcomes has enabled the joint venture to consider alternative solutions in addressing our two key objectives of commercial viability and player welfare," SANZAAR CEO Andy Marinos said.

“This year has been a year of continued adjustment, where the SANZAAR partners have had to compromise on a number of levels. It is important to further acknowledge the sacrifice of a number of the players and team management that will have been away from home for close to six months by the time the Rugby Championship has concluded.”

Getting the All Blacks home early, however, will cost NZR a little more.

Revenue will still be distributed equally but NZR will make up any shortfall in expected revenue.

Meanwhile, South Africa’s involvement in the tournament is yet to be confirmed but officials are confident they will be coming over.

A SANZAAR statement said: “South Africa’s participation remains to be confirmed as the decision is dependent on several factors outside the control of SANZAAR. However, it is a positive sign that the Super Rugby Unlocked tournament kicks off in South Africa on Friday 9 October.”

Kick-off times for the Rugby Championship double-headers have been confirmed for 5pm AEDT and 7:45pm AEDT.

Tickets go on sale next Wednesday for what will be six Wallabies Tests on home soil, five of which will be in NSW and the other at Suncorp Stadium on November 7 against the Kiwis.

New Wallabies coach Dave Rennie's first four matches in charge will be against the All Blacks.

Rugby Championship fixtures

Matchday one - Saturday, October 31 - ANZ Stadium

Advertisement

Australia v New Zealand

Matchday two - Saturday, November 7 - Suncorp Stadium
Argentina v South Africa, Australia v New Zealand
Matchday three - Saturday, November 14 - Bankwest Stadium
New Zealand v Argentina, South Africa v Australia
Matchday four - Saturday, November 21- ANZ Stadium
New Zealand v South Africa, Australia v Argentina

Matchday five – Saturday, November 28, McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Argentina v Australia, South Africa v New Zealand
Matchday six – Saturday, December 5 - Bankwest Stadium
Argentina v New Zealand, Australia v South Africa
Matchday seven – Saturday, December 12 - McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
South Africa v Argentina
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Be awesome.
It’s very bad but there’s far worse. I won’t mention them as I don’t want to give edgy kiwis any more ammo.
Good point. I've not seen the b* word used on the bored and if it says that way, fine.

* Not blackfella; the other b word.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

MungoMan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 pm Good point. I've not seen the b* word used on the bored and if it says that way, fine.

Fair point, fortunately I also haven't seen the 'c' word (brand of cheese) and 'g' word (great with tonic) used here either.
towny

Post by towny »

Kahu wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 am
towny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:00 pm Flustered kiwis trying to be edgy - just coming across racist.

Have you even travelled through your country?
Extensively.
Also traveled in the US where I heard n***er being used, but didn’t feel it gave me the right to use the word.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm
MungoMan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 pm Good point. I've not seen the b* word used on the bored and if it says that way, fine.

Fair point, fortunately I also haven't seen the 'c' word (brand of cheese) and 'g' word (great with tonic) used here either.
The ‘g’ word..... not many words that offend me more.

Other than ‘socialist’, ‘leftist’ or ‘globalist’ - all words that can be substituted for fascist. Don’t ask me how - I’m just angry and blame some guy called Soros.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Jonny May insists England stars must accept the limitations placed on their freedom during an autumn when most of their time will be spent in a bubble designed to prevent an outbreak of coronavirus.

Preparations for the final match of a Six Nations interrupted by the pandemic and then the Autumn Nations Cup have already begun at the squad’s temporary new base in south west London.

England have broken the autumn up into blocks with lengthy spells in camp followed by short visits home during which Eddie Jones has demanded his players stay disciplined in avoiding infection.

No grumbling

A high-tech games room has been set up to help alleviate any boredom and May admits there can be no grumbling.

“I just don’t feel we are in a position to moan or whinge about not going out for a coffee or not being able to do whatever we want to do,” May said.

Across the world people are having to adapt and crack on. We have got the opportunity to play rugby and do our jobs.
(source: PR)

England. New Spiritual Guardians of the game?
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

Seems RA has folded and new dates scheduled meaning the ABs last game is on Saturday 5 December.
towny

Post by towny »

Magpie26 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:43 pm Seems RA has folded and new dates scheduled meaning the ABs last game is on Saturday 5 December.
NZ lied, complained and made fools of themselves but got what they wanted. Your first reaction is to ignore their behaviour and bag the party that sacrificed and get NZR to step back from the cliff.

When did kiwis become Trumpsters?
towny

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:18 pm
Jonny May insists England stars must accept the limitations placed on their freedom during an autumn when most of their time will be spent in a bubble designed to prevent an outbreak of coronavirus.

Preparations for the final match of a Six Nations interrupted by the pandemic and then the Autumn Nations Cup have already begun at the squad’s temporary new base in south west London.

England have broken the autumn up into blocks with lengthy spells in camp followed by short visits home during which Eddie Jones has demanded his players stay disciplined in avoiding infection.

No grumbling

A high-tech games room has been set up to help alleviate any boredom and May admits there can be no grumbling.

“I just don’t feel we are in a position to moan or whinge about not going out for a coffee or not being able to do whatever we want to do,” May said.

Across the world people are having to adapt and crack on. We have got the opportunity to play rugby and do our jobs.
(source: PR)

England. New Spiritual Guardians of the game?
That’s been the response from all rugby teams in the world, with one notable exception. No team has sacrificed less than the ABs, yet no team has made 1/100 the noise.