Arrogant Wallabies Coach "We're above the law".

All things Rugby
kiwigreg369

Re: Arrogant Wallabies Coach "We're above the law".

Post by kiwigreg369 »

What point is Rennie making here - Oct 17 is first weekend they could play?

Seems ok - any issues with this for anyone?

Play 17 & 24, back to Aus for both teams - play three weeks later (nov 14).

Arg and SA play Shute Shield / Development Aus teams at same time...

Prob just means 3 weeks of TRC - 14,21,28 (based on last year should be 1 v4, 2 v 3 / then 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4, and then 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4...)

NZ go to Bris for 4th Bled, Dec 5, back home - 2 weeks quarantine and out for Christmas....

Job done.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 am https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12364547

Typical Aussie cheat.
By gee this Rennie fella is settling in well. Clearly folk from the Lower Hutt receive a sound upbringing.
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

This fella Rennie looks he’ll be another Aussie whinger.

Suck it up Rennie. There are bigger issues at play here. Everyone is having to make adjustments and changes ... we are in a Pandemic after all. NZ quarantine rules are in place for a reason. Is Rennie a virologist or health expert? Does he know something they don’t know?

Once the ABs have locked the Bledisloe away for another year all focus should revert to a cracking NPC domestic competition. TRC earmarked in Oz sounds too hard for the Saffas and Argies who have both played too little rugby or none at all. Timelines too hard for AB players with families. Scrap it. Health before wealth.
Last edited by vh5150 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Shirley the Aussies aren’t looking to have all the Bled games in Aus...
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

MungoMan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 am
Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 am https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12364547

Typical Aussie cheat.
By gee this Rennie fella is settling in well. Clearly folk from the Lower Hutt receive a sound upbringing.
It's either 'The Hutt' (which refers to the entire Hutt Valley, Upper and Lower) or 'Lower Hutt', never 'The Lower Hutt'.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:30 am
MungoMan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 am

Typical Aussie cheat.
It's either 'The Hutt' (which refers to the entire Hutt Valley, Upper and Lower) or 'Lower Hutt', never 'The Lower Hutt'.
Sorry.

Hutt the Lower Valley Hutt Hutt.
Wignu

Post by Wignu »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:30 am It's either 'The Hutt' (which refers to the entire Hutt Valley, Upper and Lower) or 'Lower Hutt', never 'The Lower Hutt'.
:lol: :thumbup:
MungoMan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:32 am Sorry.

Hutt the Lower Valley Hutt Hutt.
:x :x :P
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:10 am Shirley the Aussies aren’t looking to have all the Bled games in Aus...
I can see both sides of the argument. I listened to the video first and agreed with the guy talking. He seemed very reasonable and just wanted an explanation. Then I read the text and agreed with Rennie as well.

NZ is in a hard spot here ... you simply can not have your impressive and highly-regulated COVID rules and expect to enjoy all the advantages of "life a normal". That's just not realistic, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Coming from a country where they have prioritised minimizing social and economic upheaval over wrapping the nation up in cotton-wool, I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect the some compromises could be made for International sporting competitions. But it does put the NZ government in a hard place ... suddenly sports stars get special treatment? My response to that would be, "yes, exactly, they get special treatment". But I can understand how a lot of people who are not interested in rugby and very interested in concentrating on their own personal "rights" would use that as an opportunity to get all outraged and shouty.
grievous

Post by grievous »

And it begins, Kiwis geed into a frenzy up by quality broadsheets and great government :lol:
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

grievous wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 am And it begins, Kiwis geed into a frenzy up by quality broadsheets and great government :lol:
We are all absolutely raging about this.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:18 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:10 am Shirley the Aussies aren’t looking to have all the Bled games in Aus...
I can see both sides of the argument. I listened to the video first and agreed with the guy talking. He seemed very reasonable and just wanted an explanation. Then I read the text and agreed with Rennie as well.

NZ is in a hard spot here ... you simply can not have your impressive and highly-regulated COVID rules and expect to enjoy all the advantages of "life a normal". That's just not realistic, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Coming from a country where they have prioritised minimizing social and economic upheaval over wrapping the nation up in cotton-wool, I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect the some compromises could be made for International sporting competitions. But it does put the NZ government in a hard place ... suddenly sports stars get special treatment? My response to that would be, "yes, exactly, they get special treatment". But I can understand how a lot of people who are not interested in rugby and very interested in concentrating on their own personal "rights" would use that as an opportunity to get all outraged and shouty.
They're getting special treatment allowed to enter NZ in the first place as non citizens or residents. Well, except Rennie obviously.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Exactly.

If they were really that worried about it they would bring multiple million dollar yachts or sign up to work on Avatar.
akann

Post by akann »

A full two week build up post quarantine isn't good enough for him? He wouldn't get that luxury for tests played in June.
Dark

Post by Dark »

akann wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:43 am A full two week build up post quarantine isn't good enough for him? He wouldn't get that luxury for tests played in June.
It is probably more they can't train together and we can which is the issue
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

grievous wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 am And it begins, Kiwis geed into a frenzy up by quality broadsheets and great government :lol:
This our chance to rebalance the loopyness you Wallabies fans went into over the proposed Super Rugby comp. 100 odd pages here we come!
grievous

Post by grievous »

UncleFB wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:56 am
This our chance to rebalance the loopyness you Wallabies fans went into over the proposed Super Rugby comp. 100 odd pages here we come!
What loopyness would that be? You mean we didn't drop 3 teams to be your bitch? That went well for NZR didn't it?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

grievous wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:19 am
What loopyness would that be? You mean we didn't drop 3 teams to be your bitch? That went well for NZR didn't it?
Read what he said. He is talking about the reaction from some fans, not the action of your union. Some of the responses were quite emotional - like your one now.
grievous

Post by grievous »

JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am
Read what he said. He is talking about the reaction from some fans, not the action of your union. Some of the responses were quite emotional - like your one now.
Sure so what were al these emotional responses about then? I know Kiwis never forget so you would have it ready to spit out Im sure. Hmmm?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

They were about the proposed team numbers in a potential trans-Tasman Super Rugby competition.

You think too highly of kiwis if you think we never forget. I can’t remember the last time we didn’t hold the Bledisloe ;).
grievous

Post by grievous »

JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 am They were about the proposed team numbers in a potential trans-Tasman Super Rugby competition.

You think too highly of kiwis if you think we never forget. I can’t remember the last time we didn’t hold the Bledisloe ;).
So we should have dropped 3 sides? Emotional? Nah, we are just not stupid.We won that fight btw.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:26 am
We are all absolutely raging about this.
I’ve been out protesting about it - unfortunately I was overwhelmed by other protesters.

ScoMo was at Gordon yesterday - couple of the boys had a word.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Our geed knows no bounds.
shanky

Post by shanky »

If there’s any ‘cheating’ going on, surely it’s related to the quarantine rules?

Deliberately hobbling the Wallabies by not letting them train together, while taking advantage of more generous rules when coming this way, over the ditch.

Shocking.
Salient

Post by Salient »

ROFLMAO ... oh wait you are serious, man some people live in a a dream world rather than a place I like to call reality.

Looking forward to the games in Melbourne :roll:
towny

Post by towny »

Just cut the first test - seems like a simple solution. No one should expect the NZ govt to relax its regulations. I think it’s really uncool for NZR to bag their own company and try and force them to compromise. It’s just sport ffs.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

No compromises please - these are the rules; comply or call it off. Too much to lose and the gain is a game of rugby - m'eh.

We had great games of rugby with the ABs on view over the weekend - we lose those too if this goes ahead.
towny

Post by towny »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:28 pm No compromises please - these are the rules; comply or call it off. Too much to lose and the gain is a game of rugby - m'eh.

We had great games of rugby with the ABs on view over the weekend - we lose those too if this goes ahead.
Yep! Sounds smart.

What’s the go with Rugby NZ? Do they think the govt will buckle? They can’t think that they’ll get the public to apply pressure, right?
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Absolutely, that is their game with an election just over 4 weeks away. They will play their cards to the bloody limit (I suppose that is their job but they don't have epidemiologists on their board so fuck 'em)
towny

Post by towny »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:45 pm Absolutely, that is their game with an election just over 4 weeks away. They will play their cards to the bloody limit (I suppose that is their job but they don't have epidemiologists on their board so fuck 'em)
NZR are bullies. This is how they roll.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

grievous wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 pm
JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 am They were about the proposed team numbers in a potential trans-Tasman Super Rugby competition.

So we should have dropped 3 sides? Emotional? Nah, we are just not stupid.We won that fight btw.
Congratulations :thumbup:

I will be happy with a quality competition no matter the make up. I haven’t seen a lot of Super Rugby Australia but the NZ version was great.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

:lol: :lol:
grievous

Post by grievous »

JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:52 pm
grievous wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Congratulations :thumbup:

I will be happy with a quality competition no matter the make up. I haven’t seen a lot of Super Rugby Australia but the NZ version was great.
You should have watched it it has been very entertaining.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

:thumbup: bodes well for a trans Tasman competition whenever that is possible. We are spoilt with provincial sides now featuring ABs. Although, after all the disruption getting anything feels good.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Rennie's concern removed - Aus have what they want, if they actually want it. Unless there was another reason not to play in NZ.
Ardern eases quarantine protocol for Wallabies but RA remains wary
Sam Phillips
September 15, 2020 — 11.16am

A New Zealand government backdown on strict quarantine protocol has not yet convinced Rugby Australia to play a Bledisloe Cup Test on October 10.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Monday night reached out to Australian PM Scott Morrison to try to clear the air, with RA and New Zealand Rugby locked in a stalemate.

Ardern then flagged the possibility the Wallabies would be allowed to train as a group after just six days in quarantine.

Given the group is set to fly out of Australia as early as Monday, they could be cleared to train by September 28.

That would leave new coach Dave Rennie 12 days to prepare the squad for the first Bledisloe, which NZR wants to play in Wellington on October 10.

"The quarantine changes are more around whether or not the [NZ Health] director-general is happy for teams to be training together while they are in quarantine. The answer is yes," Ardern said.

"What Ashley Bloomfield has said is training can happen in three days.

"And he said because of the risk profile for Australia being lower relative to the other teams being talked about previously - that full squads can also train together from the six-day mark - so that means you can have full regular training while they’re in quarantine.

"Everyone is pulling out all stops to make it work."

Ardern's comments are a significant change to the NZ government's stance in the last 48 hours - which would have left the Wallabies just five days to prepare for Rennie's first game in charge.

But RA is not yet convinced it should agree to the new protocol and play on October 10.

Just under two weeks does seem a reasonable amount of time to prepare for a Test and RA may eventually take the offer on the table in the coming days but, for now, it has not agreed to play on NZR's preferred date.
grievous

Post by grievous »

It’s hard to believe with those teeth but seems like she bit off more than she could chew
Good back down
Olo

Post by Olo »

This blokes going to fit right in
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

So Jacinda’s folded? I’ve lost some respect for her now.
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

New Zealand about to lose 2 Bledisloe tests too. Let's watch them fold like a deck of cards. Hope COVIDs worth it
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

vh5150 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:08 am This fella Rennie looks he’ll be another Aussie whinger.

Suck it up Rennie. There are bigger issues at play here. Everyone is having to make adjustments and changes ... we are in a Pandemic after all. NZ quarantine rules are in place for a reason. Is Rennie a virologist or health expert? Does he know something they don’t know?

Once the ABs have locked the Bledisloe away for another year all focus should revert to a cracking NPC domestic competition. TRC earmarked in Oz sounds too hard for the Saffas and Argies who have both played too little rugby or none at all. Timelines too hard for AB players with families. Scrap it. Health before wealth.
I assume based on that post you have a copy of Jacindas picture on your bedroom ceiling. Grow up, plonker. Pandemic... It's f**king September and about to hit summer, idiot.