Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20019
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Enzedder »

Only if Reiko the pretender is subbed off early and ALB gets on early enough.
User avatar
Flockwitt
Posts: 6497
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Flockwitt »

They've got to have a fair bit of faith in Reiko. He's going to be targeted that's for sure.
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by fonzeee »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm $6.50?!


Farkin’ ell. This is how Towny is going to get his new wheels! 😎
I can see one major problem with this strategy
:lol:
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 3922
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by fonzeee »

Going to be a fisting but I might stay up just to see some test rugby.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12259
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:25 pm I somehow think that Towny could bet more than I would be prepared to.
Yeah, that's what I said.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

fonzeee wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:32 am Going to be a fisting but I might stay up just to see some test rugby.
Fisting? Come on man the ABs aren't that bad.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12259
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

I just put fifty-five bucks on the Wallabies at 7.5. That was quite a bit more than I intended to spend ... I f-ck up the conversion rate in my head all the time. I don't expect to us to win, but with those odds you've got to have a crack and hope the goodies win don't you?
towny
Posts: 18709
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:47 am I just put fifty-five bucks on the Wallabies at 7.5. That was quite a bit more than I intended to spend ... I f-ck up the conversion rate in my head all the time. I don't expect to us to win, but with those odds you've got to have a crack and hope the goodies win don't you?
$7.50???
I’m getting in on that action!

What did Shanky end up with again?!
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12259
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:47 am I just put fifty-five bucks on the Wallabies at 7.5. That was quite a bit more than I intended to spend ... I f-ck up the conversion rate in my head all the time. I don't expect to us to win, but with those odds you've got to have a crack and hope the goodies win don't you?
$7.50???
I’m getting in on that action!

What did Shanky end up with again?!
Dunno. I only looked at unibet.se and thought f-ck it, thats good enough for a stab.
towny
Posts: 18709
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:52 am
towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:47 am I just put fifty-five bucks on the Wallabies at 7.5. That was quite a bit more than I intended to spend ... I f-ck up the conversion rate in my head all the time. I don't expect to us to win, but with those odds you've got to have a crack and hope the goodies win don't you?
$7.50???
I’m getting in on that action!

What did Shanky end up with again?!
Dunno. I only looked at unibet.se and thought f-ck it, thats good enough for a stab.
👍
I’ve seen it at $8 on 365
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4252
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Clogs »

Who won?
User avatar
kiwidutchie
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Wellingdingdington

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by kiwidutchie »

So who's going to this one?

I'll be there with Captain Hurricane and Mrs Captain.....

Anyone else????

Where's the meet up???
Adrianmole
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Adrianmole »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:29 am I must say the Bok supporters on here really do think they are world class selectors since winning the RWC 2019.

This despite the fact their side were beaten by NZ in the group stages, and got past a pretty bushed Wales outfit by the skin of their teeth.
SA should get their rainbow arses on a jet plane to Oz. They only have to turn up to win Shirley?
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20049
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:08 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:52 am
towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:47 am I just put fifty-five bucks on the Wallabies at 7.5. That was quite a bit more than I intended to spend ... I f-ck up the conversion rate in my head all the time. I don't expect to us to win, but with those odds you've got to have a crack and hope the goodies win don't you?
$7.50???
I’m getting in on that action!

What did Shanky end up with again?!
Dunno. I only looked at unibet.se and thought f-ck it, thats good enough for a stab.
👍
I’ve seen it at $8 on 365
I’m going to wait until tomorrow. I think it’ll blow out a bit more as people realise we’ve got no hope against the mighty ABs
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20049
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by shanky »

TAB are paying $21 for Dangunu to score the first try

That’s an Australian winger (the position most likely) to score the first try of the game

That’s nuts. :lol:
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12259
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

shanky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 am TAB are paying $21 for Dangunu to score the first try

That’s an Australian winger (the position most likely) to score the first try of the game

That’s nuts. :lol:
That is crazy. Damn I'm gonna be broke.

On Unibet, Dangunu and Koriebete are both $17, Banks is $21 and Paisami is $29.
xhooker
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by xhooker »

WHY
Winger @ 13
F/B @14
Liability @ 15
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20049
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by shanky »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 am
shanky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 am TAB are paying $21 for Dangunu to score the first try

That’s an Australian winger (the position most likely) to score the first try of the game

That’s nuts. :lol:
That is crazy. Damn I'm gonna be broke.

On Unibet, Dangunu and Koriebete are both $17, Banks is $21 and Paisami is $29.
The idea that we might score first (even by accident) is obviously completely outrageous.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11597
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by lorcanoworms »

How about NZ winger fails to ground the ball and your winger trips over him and his chest lands on the ball.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20049
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by shanky »

lorcanoworms wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 am How about NZ winger fails to ground the ball and your winger trips over him and his chest lands on the ball.
Yup 21:1 odds available for that.
towny
Posts: 18709
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by towny »

Imagine putting on a bet in a NZ tab:

- Hey iveryone! Chuck et out! Thus udiot thunks the Wallabies aren’t going to git smashed!”

“What’s wrong mate? Don’t you like money, or something?”

“You bitter watch your beck plum.”
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20049
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by shanky »

I shouldn’t, but...
:lol:
User avatar
mightyreds
Posts: 1588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by mightyreds »

I would have thought a preferable balance for the Wallabies backrow would have been 6 Samu 7 Hooper 8 Wilson, as Samu is a bit light for an 8 but has great mobility as a 6.
towny
Posts: 18709
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by towny »

mightyreds wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:58 am I would have thought a preferable balance for the Wallabies backrow would have been 6 Samu 7 Hooper 8 Wilson, as Samu is a bit light for an 8 but has great mobility as a 6.
How much is Samu outweighed by the kiwi Goliath?
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5974
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Olo »

Have we already covered Beaudy being out and DMac coming in as the straight replacement?

That’s $8 is looking even better. Worth a lazy 50 or so.
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13624
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by jdogscoop »

Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm I suspect the only person to benefit from those odds will be jdog with another insurance bet.
8)
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13624
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by jdogscoop »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm $6.50?!


Farkin’ ell. This is how Towny is going to get his new wheels! 😎
I can see one major problem with this strategy
The Swiss have already banned him from their roadways?
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13624
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by jdogscoop »

Salient wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:34 am
Enzedder wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm $6.50?!


Farkin’ ell. This is how Towny is going to get his new wheels! 😎
I can see one major problem with this strategy
I agree, throwing $20 on the wobs isn't exactly going to put Towny into his dream car, unless we talking a rusted out Excel with a Transformers sticker on it.
Don't knock the Hyundai Spreadsheet, had one a few years ago with no power steering and it reliably got me to work AND made me look like the incredible Hulk after four years of parking it.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 4639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Ellafan »

Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 pm What idiot decided to schedule this game at a time when every Kiwi Dairy farmer is milking? :frown: :roll:
Good point. Thankfully farmer can stream the test to a screen in his milking shed. 8) :thumbup:
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13624
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by jdogscoop »

I was today years old when I learned Kiwi dairy farmers are in the shed at 4pm on a Sundee.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Can't they milk earlier? People would mind extra skim milk.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 12103
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by TheFrog »

What do you make of McKenzie? Saw the game North vs South and was imoressed.
User avatar
Murdoch
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Murdoch »

Would be surprised if All Blacks don't crack 40 and it's pretty comprehensive in general.

The team named is a solid combination of form, new talent and experience. I'm not happy with fat guts foster there but it would take a horrendous run of results to see him ejected so we're stuck with him.

For Australia I've been hugely impressed with Tupou and big Harry Wilson. But it's sparse after that. The AU final was so awful that I just don't see this group being able to transition to test rugby nearly fast enough.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

TheFrog wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm What do you make of McKenzie? Saw the game North vs South and was imoressed.
Did you see him kick for goal? You'd get a smile out of it.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Murdoch wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:12 pm Would be surprised if All Blacks don't crack 40 and it's pretty comprehensive in general.

The team named is a solid combination of form, new talent and experience. I'm not happy with fat guts foster there but it would take a horrendous run of results to see him ejected so we're stuck with him.

For Australia I've been hugely impressed with Tupou and big Harry Wilson. But it's sparse after that. The AU final was so awful that I just don't see this group being able to transition to test rugby nearly fast enough.
Biggest advantage for the Wallabies is the lack of familiarity with NZ players. These Wobs are young and fit have no fear (due mostly to ignorance of the opponent).
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by 6.Jones »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 am
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 am No worries

Wilson has played 8 his whole career.

I was looking to explain why perhaps Rennie has him at 6.
Someone said he played 6 at u20s. Even if he hasn't, moving an 8 to 6 is pretty much the safest positional change you could make on a rugby field. Much safer than moving a 6 to 8 or any other back-row switcheroo. Traditional six is kind of a tight-playing eight with less responsiblity.

Six is where I spent the vast majority of my time personally. It's my number. :)
In the worlds of Eddie Jones, an eight plays mostly on the ball while a six plays mostly off the ball. Alan Jones called this "gibberish."
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by 6.Jones »

Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm I suspect the only person to benefit from those odds will be jdog with another insurance bet.
17.5 for the line is a great bet. I'm in.
User avatar
Demilich
Posts: 3600
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Demilich »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 pm
Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 pm What idiot decided to schedule this game at a time when every Kiwi Dairy farmer is milking? :frown: :roll:
Good point. Thankfully farmer can stream the test to a screen in his milking shed. 8) :thumbup:
Great - now even our Bled streams are going to be polluted by run-off and unusable for everybody. :x
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 12103
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by TheFrog »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:16 pm
TheFrog wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm What do you make of McKenzie? Saw the game North vs South and was imoressed.
Did you see him kick for goal? You'd get a smile out of it.
I like his attacking game, and when he moved at fly-half, I found he directed his backline well.

In the game I watched, I thought his kick at goal wasn't that bad. May be not the same standard as the younger Barett but pretty good.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5974
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Bled I - All Blacks v. Wallabies OFFICIAL match thread

Post by Olo »

Murdoch wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:12 pm Would be surprised if All Blacks don't crack 40 and it's pretty comprehensive in general.

The team named is a solid combination of form, new talent and experience. I'm not happy with fat guts foster there but it would take a horrendous run of results to see him ejected so we're stuck with him.

For Australia I've been hugely impressed with Tupou and big Harry Wilson. But it's sparse after that. The AU final was so awful that I just don't see this group being able to transition to test rugby nearly fast enough.
We can only hope that the ABs and their management go into the game thinking the same way. If their arrogance is at this level it can be, and has been on occasion, a bit of a banana peel for them.
Post Reply