Fozzie Out

All things Rugby
User avatar
Jerome Manning
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Jerome Manning »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:09 pm I would have gone with Rennie and Gatland before Foster.
Rennie, Gatland, Robertson, Rob Penney, Vern Cotter before Foster.

The appointment of Foster is a quintessential case study of how successful organisations become complacent and end up attracting the wrong sorts of people in the administration roles.
User avatar
blackblackblack
Posts: 5684
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Worst Mod ever, so sayeth the mob

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by blackblackblack »

NZR has always been a jobs for the boys closed shop. There's a reason they only gave him two years not the full cycle.
User avatar
WoodlandsRFC
Posts: 4813
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am
Location: The Kapiti Coast

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

blackblackblack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 am NZR has always been a jobs for the boys closed shop. There's a reason they only gave him two years not the full cycle.
Gatland post Lions tour? Makes sense I suppose
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Ali's Choice »

WoodlandsRFC wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:14 am
blackblackblack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 am NZR has always been a jobs for the boys closed shop. There's a reason they only gave him two years not the full cycle.
Gatland post Lions tour? Makes sense I suppose
Warren Gatland isn't in the inner circle of NZR. The next AB coach, when Foster retires in 8 years, will be Scott McLeod . 8 years after Scott McLeod is appointed the new coach will be John Plumtree. 8 years after John Plumtree is appointed the next coach will be Brad Mooar. That's how NZR works.
Eugenius
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Eugenius »

Only if there’s serious success.

No RWC win next time and Razor will be a shoe in .
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by guy smiley »

Eugenius wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:54 am Only if there’s serious success.

No RWC win next time and Razor will be a shoe in .
Nah. He will have headed overseas to gain experience as the board have said that’s a prerequisite to being considered. Of course, once he’s gone NZR won’t actually bother to keep in touch so they’ll forget to ask him if the job does come up.
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3558
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Kahu »

Brad Thorn will be the next AB coach
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by towny »

Kahu wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 pm Brad Thorn will be the next AB coach
:lol:

Hope so
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19316
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by CrazyIslander »

Fozzie was there to keep the seat warm for Gatland.
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Kahu wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 pm TY MOG for some sanity.

The ABs have not had a dominant forward pack (tight 5) for a few years. We defended well. Australia played well and they would have put many points on many sides with the mood they were in yesterday.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fozzie either but it's sad to see the critics with the knives at his throat immediately. There are AB supporters that want him to fail and would rather see the ABs lose in order to justify their dislike of the man.

I have no doubt the ABs can maintain intensity and perhaps even pick it up even with lineup changes. I dont think the Wallabies can.
I don't want him to fail at all. I want any coach of the ABs to succeed. I'm still butthurt over 2019 after seeing a very good coach turn the ABs into a pile of shit. What I don't have is the confidence in Foster to turn the pile of shit team we currently have into a fearful machine. I think GF is a smart guy, I just hope he can help get the best out the players.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Ali's Choice »

I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Ali's Choice »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.
You're entitled to your opinion but I completely disagree with your post :thumbup:
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by guy smiley »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.

Well that’s just bullshit, Greg.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by kiwigreg369 »

guy smiley wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:28 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.

Well that’s just bullshit, Greg.
You're entitled to your opinion but I completely disagree with your post :thumbup:
---
I'm sure AC will post evidence that he's repeatedly said:
- he'd love to be proven wrong
- for him (Foster) to lead the ABs to great success

That will sort it out.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by guy smiley »

Try to get over your anti Canterbury bias Greg. AC has always been a staunch AB supporter first and foremost. Suggesting otherwise is petty partisan bullshit.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5234
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by kiwigreg369 »

guy smiley wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:05 am Try to get over your anti Canterbury bias Greg. AC has always been a staunch AB supporter first and foremost. Suggesting otherwise is petty partisan bullshit.
Just because you're something doesn't make you right Guy.

If you can show any anti Canterbury bias please do - i'll stand corrected.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 19642
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm
Kahu wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 pm Brad Thorn will be the next AB coach
:lol:

Hope so
He’ll be at the Broncos next year, is the goss

Why not? Get paid $600k to be an assistant.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Olo »

BT is nowhere near as ready as what’s his name.......What is the AB coaches name again?
Thorn is a good motivator and forwards coach but he has made some mistakes. He might have been a better fit than Parling at the Wobs?

I thought that I read last week that he is staying with the Reds?
User avatar
Salient
Posts: 3315
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland!

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Salient »

Well game day, just an hour from hostilities commencing.

If the ABs don't come out breathing fire and demolished the Wobs then Foster is going to give us a few very lean years indeed.

Have faith at the moment, that could change very quickly in a few hours time. :nod:
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16262
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Tehui »

Jerome Manning wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:45 pm Rennie, Gatland, Robertson, Rob Penney, Vern Cotter before Foster.

The appointment of Foster is a quintessential case study of how successful organisations become complacent and end up attracting the wrong sorts of people in the administration roles.
:nod:
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 17849
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Congrats on the first win, Fozzie. You get another few weeks.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8851
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by booji boy »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 am Congrats on the first win, Fozzie. You get another few weeks.
Yes, he gets another weeks reprieve.
les@mooloolaba
Posts: 1959
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by les@mooloolaba »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
And after todays showing I am now of the opinion that Foster should go, along with all his assistants. Nothing I saw today made me think we were heading in the right direction and i cant recall such poor defence and poor general play at times. This is a mark of a poorly coached team.

They all need to go, but we wont see that because of the nepotism and incest within NZR and I don't see us getting past the semi's at the next RWC with this shower. :yawn:
obelixtim
Posts: 6046
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by obelixtim »

Good to see they upped their game today. Have to give him a bit of credit for that.
pigaaaa
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by pigaaaa »

les@mooloolaba wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
And after todays showing I am now of the opinion that Foster should go, along with all his assistants. Nothing I saw today made me think we were heading in the right direction and i cant recall such poor defence and poor general play at times. This is a mark of a poorly coached team.

They all need to go, but we wont see that because of the nepotism and incest within NZR and I don't see us getting past the semi's at the next RWC with this shower. :yawn:
While I agree that appointing Foster was a mistake, ther is a lot of bullshit in this post.
Out of all the things you could have picked, defence was a clear strength of the AB’s over the first two games...
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10766
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Mr Mike »

Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
They conceded one try almost immediately and almost another after their second score...
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10766
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Mr Mike »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
They conceded one try almost immediately and almost another after their second score...
your reply doesn’t make a lot of sense, can you work on it a bit?
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
They conceded one try almost immediately and almost another after their second score...
your reply doesn’t make a lot of sense, can you work on it a bit?
'they' - All Blacks, 'conceded one try' - after scoring their try, the Wallabies scored their try almost immediately, 'second score' - after their second try, the Wallabies almost scored immediately...

Yes?
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3558
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Kahu »

Kahu wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:00 am ABs 20+ next week
I predict deez tings!!!
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10766
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Mr Mike »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:19 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
They conceded one try almost immediately and almost another after their second score...
your reply doesn’t make a lot of sense, can you work on it a bit?
'they' - All Blacks, 'conceded one try' - after scoring their try, the Wallabies scored their try almost immediately, 'second score' - after their second try, the Wallabies almost scored immediately...

Yes?
The Australian try came six minutes after the All Blacks scored and for contrast the All Blacks scored their third try four minutes after their second. None of the opportunities for Australia came from mistakes in receiving restarts so your narrative is confused and misses the point, so yes.

The point remains, 4 and a relatively inexperienced 5 & 6 had a faultless evening receiving kicks, so a tick for them.
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:53 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:19 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm Agreed. I had a strong preference for Razor but it will be a very long two years to wait for him to take the position if you can’t acknowledge where progress is being made and where there are some positives.

Delighted with how the tight five copied with the loss of Whitelock and all his experience. Not sexy but I loved how solid they were in restarts and that they didn’t hand back momentum after scoring. Huge credit to PT for his performance and leadership there. introduction was very encouraging for developmental purposes and you feel that the squad has already used the first two games to start to grow a better reservoir of talent.

Hats off also to Cane, he is starting to show MCCaw type ability to step up his personal performances from an underwhelming Super Rugby showing.
They conceded one try almost immediately and almost another after their second score...
your reply doesn’t make a lot of sense, can you work on it a bit?
'they' - All Blacks, 'conceded one try' - after scoring their try, the Wallabies scored their try almost immediately, 'second score' - after their second try, the Wallabies almost scored immediately...

Yes?
The Australian try came six minutes after the All Blacks scored and for contrast the All Blacks scored their third try four minutes after their second. None of the opportunities for Australia came from mistakes in receiving restarts so your narrative is confused and misses the point, so yes.

The point remains, 4 and a relatively inexperienced 5 & 6 had a faultless evening receiving kicks, so a tick for them.
2 mins for the conversion and walk back to half wat for kick off, a couple of stopages so, pretty soon after eh.
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 19880
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Enzedder »

I don't think we will see Oz miss 41 tackles in a game again.

Some of those breaks (Clarke, Barrett and Perenara stand out in my memory) were far batter than they should have been because Aussie fell like flies.

Also, if Tomua stays on Oz would have been a lot better.

In short - we got lucky but we did help to make our own luck.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8851
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by booji boy »

pigaaaa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
And after todays showing I am now of the opinion that Foster should go, along with all his assistants. Nothing I saw today made me think we were heading in the right direction and i cant recall such poor defence and poor general play at times. This is a mark of a poorly coached team.

They all need to go, but we wont see that because of the nepotism and incest within NZR and I don't see us getting past the semi's at the next RWC with this shower. :yawn:
While I agree that appointing Foster was a mistake, ther is a lot of bullshit in this post.
Out of all the things you could have picked, defence was a clear strength of the AB’s over the first two games...
I'm assuming les is taking the piss out of AC and that post is very tongue in cheek.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8851
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by booji boy »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:05 pm I don't think we will see Oz miss 41 tackles in a game again.

Some of those breaks (Clarke, Barrett and Perenara stand out in my memory) were far batter than they should have been because Aussie fell like flies.

Also, if Tomua stays on Oz would have been a lot better.

In short - we got lucky but we did help to make our own luck.
If they had nailed one or more of their several opportunities it might have put a different complexion on the game. Fair to say we improved a lot from Wellington and the Aussies regressed slightly. Their handling was poor and as you say no team should ever miss 41 tackles in a single game.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by guy smiley »

booji boy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 am
pigaaaa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
And after todays showing I am now of the opinion that Foster should go, along with all his assistants. Nothing I saw today made me think we were heading in the right direction and i cant recall such poor defence and poor general play at times. This is a mark of a poorly coached team.

They all need to go, but we wont see that because of the nepotism and incest within NZR and I don't see us getting past the semi's at the next RWC with this shower. :yawn:
While I agree that appointing Foster was a mistake, ther is a lot of bullshit in this post.
Out of all the things you could have picked, defence was a clear strength of the AB’s over the first two games...
I'm assuming les is taking the piss out of AC and that post is very tongue in cheek.
Les posted during the game on the same theme and he’s making a reasonable point... too many times there’s no apparent structure to what the ABs are doing, defense wise. Comparisons to past teams were made where players would automatically run in support and a defensive line was maintained. What we seem to be seeing now is extended periods where individual talent and commitment keep us in the game, not a game plan.

Yes, they defended well. Heroically for a while... on the line. How did they get to that point, though?
User avatar
Monkey Magic
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Monkey Magic »

Anyone else notice the couple of times they switched back with a pass to someone who had no idea what was coming
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by guy smiley »

Monkey Magic wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:01 am Anyone else notice the couple of times they switched back with a pass to someone who had no idea what was coming
Yeah but I was too busy throwing things around at every one of Aaron Smiths ducking box kicks to pay much attention.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8851
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by booji boy »

Sheesh we're a tough crowd. A 20 point win over a resurgent Wallabies team and we're still not happy. :lol:

Maybe I just had low expectations so was pleasantly surprised by the result. :nod:
Post Reply