Fozzie Out

All things Rugby
Kiwias

Re: Fozzie Out

Post by Kiwias »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.
I am just as fiercely partisan when it comes to Canty and the Crusaders but the ABs come first with absolutely no partisanship involved. Just as is the case with AC.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

I'm finding it hard to enjoy the All Black matches, I keep thinking about this shitty appointment and how we could have been rebuilding and experimenting under an exciting new regime. I have no confidence in Foster and see nothing to look forward to until his contract is up. This team gives the impression of some of the pre-Henry teams where we relied mostly on individual brilliance.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am I haven't seen any evidence that AB fans want the team to fail so that it reflects badly on Foster. That's just a dishonest post.

I am one of the most anti-Foster posters on this forum and I've said repeatedly that I'd love to be proven wrong, and for him to lead the AB's to great success. I've seen no evidence of this happening though.
It's not a dishonest post and I expect you as a gentleman and a scholar to edit your post accordingly.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

It is a rare day indeed when a Cantab fan will criticise a Cantablack
rugga.

Post by rugga. »

Kiwias wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:58 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 am

I've seen no evidence of this happening though.

You're a Cants first and foremost poster - always have been. Everything done to the benefit of the All Blacks that had an impact on the Cants is view badly by you. You've never put the All Blacks first.
I am just as fiercely partisan when it comes to Canty and the Crusaders but the ABs come first with absolutely no partisanship involved. Just as is the case with AC.

Good to know you guys were fully supportive of players being taken out of Super Rugby for the good of the All Blacks...
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

pigaaaa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am

And after todays showing I am now of the opinion that Foster should go, along with all his assistants. Nothing I saw today made me think we were heading in the right direction and i cant recall such poor defence and poor general play at times. This is a mark of a poorly coached team.

They all need to go, but we wont see that because of the nepotism and incest within NZR and I don't see us getting past the semi's at the next RWC with this shower. :yawn:
While I agree that appointing Foster was a mistake, ther is a lot of bullshit in this post.
Out of all the things you could have picked, defence was a clear strength of the AB’s over the first two games...
Bollocks. please explain why there was a lack of defence out wide?
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:05 pm I don't think we will see Oz miss 41 tackles in a game again.

Some of those breaks (Clarke, Barrett and Perenara stand out in my memory) were far batter than they should have been because Aussie fell like flies.

Also, if Tomua stays on Oz would have been a lot better.

In short - we got lucky but we did help to make our own luck.
Yep
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

BlueThunder wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:04 am I'm finding it hard to enjoy the All Black matches, I keep thinking about this shitty appointment and how we could have been rebuilding and experimenting under an exciting new regime.
That’s the path to madness. I remember a few Deans supporters taking the same line after 2007 (and especially in 2009) and they just deprived themselves.

I would have preferred (almost) anyone other than Fozzie but I hope he becomes the greatest All Black coach of all time and in the very likely event that doesn’t happen I will thoroughly enjoy whatever good performances come along to punctuate the real dross.
pigaaaa

Post by pigaaaa »

Mr Mike wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 am
BlueThunder wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:04 am I'm finding it hard to enjoy the All Black matches, I keep thinking about this shitty appointment and how we could have been rebuilding and experimenting under an exciting new regime.
That’s the path to madness. I remember a few Deans supporters taking the same line after 2007 (and especially in 2009) and they just deprived themselves.

I would have preferred (almost) anyone other than Fozzie but I hope he becomes the greatest All Black coach of all time and in the very likely event that doesn’t happen I will thoroughly enjoy whatever good performances come along to punctuate the real dross.
:thumbup:
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:05 pm I don't think we will see Oz miss 41 tackles in a game again.

Some of those breaks (Clarke, Barrett and Perenara stand out in my memory) were far batter than they should have been because Aussie fell like flies.

Also, if Tomua stays on Oz would have been a lot better.

In short - we got lucky but we did help to make our own luck.
Some of those breaks are players running at gaps. CC used his size well to smash between players. Even JG did this better on Sunday. By the 60-65th minutes, the sting had been blunted out of the Wallaby's defence and attack.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Agree - there was a definite "front foot" demand from players on Sunday. Even Snecky commented that they were a lot sharper about getting the ball out in front of players, so easy to see after the horrible flat-footed crap from game 1.

I think I saw Clarke throw a bit of a wobbly at his insides for a pass that was almost behind him (The long one that bounced)
badmannotinjapan

If Rieks is fit, does he start at 11 and cover centre with CC back to the bench to cover wing?
puku

Post by puku »

I think Clarke has to start again...even if to give Hooper another go at his nuts.

Seriously though, Foster has to reward him for what was an outstanding game. I'm not sold on Jordie on the wing, perhaps there is some latitude there to put Reiko in his place.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

puku wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:22 pm I think Clarke has to start again...even if to give Hooper another go at his nuts.

Seriously though, Foster has to reward him for what was an outstanding game. I'm not sold on Jordie on the wing, perhaps there is some latitude there to put Reiko in his place.
I think Clarke has cemented that jersey. He's a pocket battleship.

Fozzie has a hard on for the Barratt bros, either that, or they've got photos. MacBarratt will stay there.
somer

Post by somer »

Good to see someone is keeping it real - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-all- ... disloe-ii/
He's quite right, the ABs are too reliant of moments of individual brilliance and can't cope when someone snuffs out the x-factor plays with well executed defense and minimal mistakes.
NZ rugby finally cottoned on in 2009 and we had a good run until 2019 but now we're gravitating towards type and Foster is part of the problem.
badmannotinjapan

obelixtim wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm
puku wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:22 pm I think Clarke has to start again...even if to give Hooper another go at his nuts.

I think Clarke has cemented that jersey. He's a pocket battleship.

Fozzie has a hard on for the Barratt bros, either that, or they've got photos. MacBarratt will stay there.
Has he though? He's played 80 minutes of test footy. Seriously, the kid is good and I was calling for him to start based on his 10 minutes in the 1st test but would it be worth playing Rieks at 11 as he can cover 13 and bring CC on in the last 15 for impact?
badmannotinjapan

somer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:14 am Good to see someone is keeping it real - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-all- ... disloe-ii/
He's quite right, the ABs are too reliant of moments of individual brilliance and can't cope when someone snuffs out the x-factor plays with well executed defense and minimal mistakes.
NZ rugby finally cottoned on in 2009 and we had a good run until 2019 but now we're gravitating towards type and Foster is part of the problem.
Individual brilliance has won us a lot of tests. Its basically what has separated us for a long long time no?
grouch

Post by grouch »

BlueThunder wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:04 am I'm finding it hard to enjoy the All Black matches, I keep thinking about this shitty appointment and how we could have been rebuilding and experimenting under an exciting new regime. I have no confidence in Foster and see nothing to look forward to until his contract is up. This team gives the impression of some of the pre-Henry teams where we relied mostly on individual brilliance.
I'm not in 100% agreement because to me Foster has a role in continuity of a pretty successful coaching arrangement.

My issue is with Plumtree whom I rate as a toxic and demonstrably unsuccessful coach.

Not happy with the likes of Kirifi being added to the squad . I admire the bloke's athleticism and Kaha but he's penalty/card magnet and has never sorted out his issues with illegal breakdown entry or constant broaching.
Couch

Post by Couch »

The only thing that can redeem Foster is winning the Webb Ellis.

From now till then nothing will ever be good enough
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Couch wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:08 am The only thing that can redeem Foster is winning the Webb Ellis.

From now till then nothing will ever be good enough
I'll let him off with a 100% win record next year with at least 3 tries scored in every game. Perhaps.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Will the Bled be secure after Saturday? That is the question.
handyman

Post by handyman »

grouch wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 pm
BlueThunder wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:04 am I'm finding it hard to enjoy the All Black matches, I keep thinking about this shitty appointment and how we could have been rebuilding and experimenting under an exciting new regime. I have no confidence in Foster and see nothing to look forward to until his contract is up. This team gives the impression of some of the pre-Henry teams where we relied mostly on individual brilliance.
I'm not in 100% agreement because to me Foster has a role in continuity of a pretty successful coaching arrangement.

My issue is with Plumtree whom I rate as a toxic and demonstrably unsuccessful coach.

Not happy with the likes of Kirifi being added to the squad . I admire the bloke's athleticism and Kaha but he's penalty/card magnet and has never sorted out his issues with illegal breakdown entry or constant broaching.
Great first name tho.
Salient

Post by Salient »

somer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:14 am Good to see someone is keeping it real - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-all- ... disloe-ii/
Think it's more of an end of an era, few lean years coming up folks, but at least it'll give the non-kiwi posters something to get excited about.

Damn too much happening Saturday night, Bled 3 going down, election here in Queensland, and of course Halloween - yet to get the lollies in but hey busy week, at least the beers are chilling.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

wamberal wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:54 am
Kahu wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 pm I have no doubt the ABs can maintain intensity and perhaps even pick it up even with lineup changes. I dont think the Wallabies can.
Bear in mind we had two players making their debuts. We also did enough to win. Rennie's first game with this squad. The most promising young player of a generation not available. Your players have had a far better lead up in terms of actual rugby played. Eden Park as a ground might just favour our playing style a bit more than the Cake Tin, not to mention the weather conditions.

The Wallabies can certainly play better, and maybe they can kick their goals.
The Wallabies were great in that first game but sadly right now they just don't have the depth to maintain or build upon that performance in conjunction with attrition rates. Dave Rennie is a great coach and I don't doubt he will be beneficial for the Wallabies over time and I hope he is persevered with.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

obelixtim wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 am Will the Bled be secure after Saturday? That is the question.
Yep. STFU, bitch.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:34 am
obelixtim wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 am Will the Bled be secure after Saturday? That is the question.
Yep. STFU, bitch.
Ooooo, did a wasp fly up your dress?

You can't really give Fozzie too much credit for the Wobblies being shit.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Did Fozzie slay your mum/girlfriend/daughter?
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Kahu wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:56 pm Did Fozzie slay your mum/girlfriend/daughter?

:P :lol:

I have to admit he had them humming for 40 minutes.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Bled 4.

Rotation rears its ugly head. What happened to continuity? And shuffling positions around.

I'll be watching Akira closely tomorrow.

The Wobs might be a bit more competitive this weekend, ABs with a lot of players who might be a bit rusty.
booze

Post by booze »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:20 am Bled 4.

Rotation rears its ugly head. What happened to continuity? And shuffling positions around.

The Wobs might be a bit more competitive this weekend, ABs with a lot of players who might be a bit rusty.
Quite predictable really. He could have saved lots of this rotations for Argentina.

Reality is that he now has a 50% win record against a rebuilding Wallaby side. That’s not a good look
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

booze wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:46 am
obelixtim wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:20 am Bled 4.

Quite predictable really. He could have saved lots of this rotations for Argentina.

Reality is that he now has a 50% win record against a rebuilding Wallaby side. That’s not a good look
And Akira was anonymous....

Well done Wobs.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

:lol:

Go back to counting cars Obrlix.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:30 pm :lol:

I thought I'd count the points turnaround in a week Ackman.

And the lack of experience he selected.

8 of the 23 had a total of 11 tests between them. Of the bench, 7 of the 8 had 11 tests, and the other was DMac. As if that bench would have impact.

Fozzie treats a TEST match like a trial match. And gets his arse handed to him. Idiot.
booze

Post by booze »

obelixtim wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:29 pm
Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:30 pm :lol:

I thought I'd count the points turnaround in a week Ackman.

And the lack of experience he selected.

8 of the 23 had a total of 11 tests between them. Of the bench, 7 of the 8 had 11 tests, and the other was DMac. As if that bench would have impact.

Fozzie treats a TEST match like a trial match. And gets his arse handed to him. Idiot.
It did raise eyebrows when I saw the team. Especially playing at Suncorp and the fact that it wasn’t a dead rubber as it was part of the tri nations.

This All Blacks side isn’t a great side like or squad like some we have had where we wouldn’t have skipped a beat with so many changes.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Fozzie is a bloody idiot .

We had the chance to seriously dent the Wallaby confidence, he just had to get cute .
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Eugenius wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:48 am Fozzie is a bloody idiot .

We had the chance to seriously dent the Wallaby confidence, he just had to get cute .
Agreed.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

First ever defeat to Argentina. First back to back loss since 2011.

What a shit show.

Nothing else to say.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

If you don't have clearly the best players in the world any longer, you need the best coach to pull you up above the other teams.

It makes a huge difference, see Eddie Jones with England who don't necessarily have the best players but achieve things because of him.

NZ have the best coaches, need to use them. Clear at this point, they can't afford not to.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

In happier times.
tubbyj

Post by tubbyj »

Professional sport is not something you can stand still in and try to be conservative. Appointing Scot Robertson was risky but the chance to innovate and do something different, Foster was trying to keep things exactly the same. Most NZ fans felt unease that this was a bad appointment and it is looking more and more that way. Not just Foster either what had John Plumtree ever done to earn an All Black coaching role?