Wallabies were absolutely robbed!

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Wallabies were absolutely robbed!

Post by Mog The Almighty »

I hate to whinge about the referee but this is absurd at test level. There's 17 points in this and two yellow cards, and the last one would have won the match for Australia. I really hate to blame the referee, but the facts are as clear as they could possibly be.

1. Foot clearly in touch. Angus Gardner was the touch judge closest, but still ... clearly out.

2. Australian defender held to make the hole for an AB try. Penalty and probable yellow card.

3. Two blatant penalties in a much winning situation, 1. in-on-the-side; 2. hands-in-the-ruck. Clear penalty, yellow card.

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
EverReady

Re: Wallabies were absolutely robbed!

Post by EverReady »

Haven't watched it but I agree
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

New Zealand cheat.

This is not news.
Mog The Almighty

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:20 am New Zealand cheat.

This is not news.
Everyone cheats, but for the officials not to pick any of this is up is simply unforgiveable.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 am

This is not news.
Everyone cheats, but for the officials not to pick any of this is up is simply unforgiveable.
What about the wallabies penalty for not rolling away, when there was no all black defender on the ground and big Karl was in his feet with all rights to the ball.

Basically the ref is not great,
grievous

Post by grievous »

refs get intimidated when reffing NZ, has always happened and always will
Mog The Almighty

Monkey Magic wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:25 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 am

This is not news.
What about the wallabies penalty for not rolling away, when there was no all black defender on the ground and big Karl was in his feet with all rights to the ball.

Basically the ref is not great,
I didn't see that, but as in every rugby game there were probably a few that went either way. However the above three are so blatant and so crucial - there's 17 points and 2 yellow cards worth there - that I don't think we can say that it was simply "bad on both sides, what goes around comes around". The Wallabies were clearly robbed.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I agree. The last bit the ABs were offside many times too. Didn't watch the Fox coverage I wonder what Kearnsy had to say. Steve Walsh is a New Zealander.
Mog The Almighty

grievous wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 am refs get intimidated when reffing NZ, has always happened and always will
Well, it was a NZ referee (and touch judge and TMO) in NZ. They should have felt quite at home. The evidence suggests they did.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:37 am
grievous wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 am refs get intimidated when reffing NZ, has always happened and always will
Well, it was a NZ referee (and touch judge and TMO) in NZ. They should have felt quite at home. The evidence suggests they did.
Point still stands
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

Will Angus Gardener be allowed back into Australia?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Disgraceful home town reffing. I expect AC to condemn it in the strongest terms
Farva

Post by Farva »

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:40 am Will Angus Gardener be allowed back into Australia?
No.
Travel bubble not set up yet.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

And yet we cop more cards than many. I think the reality is that when a side loses it is easy to look at decisions made - AB fans have certainly been guilty of this, look at the Lions series. Add the ABs record of being at/near the top of the rugby pile and you have more of the decisions going in their favour being scrutinised by opposition fans. I forget “rough” calls in the games the team I am supporting wins quickly but tend to remember them in the losses.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

If you want to go full whinge you should be asking why Tuipulotu s shoulder charge in the first half was just a penalty
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

I actually love this thread. A lack of arrows though to point at stuff in true G&GR style, so marks off for that.

It's a pity us Kiwis are too lazy to put pics of all the decisions that went against us.

Still think Reiko scored (no clear separation of the ball) so I think we can even out the Aussie touchies stuff up there.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Unbelievable they don't use a neutral ref. Probably thought it's early Christmas.
Farva

Post by Farva »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:05 am Unbelievable they don't use a neutral ref. Probably thought it's early Christmas.
How do you get a neutral ref in, Covid has slowed travel.
C69

Post by C69 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 am I hate to whinge about the referee but this is absurd at test level. There's 17 points in this and two yellow cards, and the last one would have won the match for Australia. I really hate to blame the referee, but the facts are as clear as they could possibly be.

1. Foot clearly in touch. Angus Gardner was the touch judge closest, but still ... clearly out.

2. Australian defender held to make the hole for an AB try. Penalty and probable yellow card.

3. Two blatant penalties in a much winning situation, 1. in-on-the-side; 2. hands-in-the-ruck. Clear penalty, yellow card.

Get over it ref whinger
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Farva wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:05 am Unbelievable they don't use a neutral ref. Probably thought it's early Christmas.
I would have preferred if they used an Oz ref for the two NZ games and then a NZ ref for the two Oz games, but I guess they can use a neutral for the 2nd RC game?
towny

Post by towny »

I hate this shit. One thing to complain in the heat of a game, but afterwards you need to shake hands and accept things.

It’s rugby ffs.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

That foot in touch is an inexcusable error
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Winnie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:32 am That foot in touch is an inexcusable error
Angus
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

That Wallaby who hit Dick Mo' late should have been yellow carded. Disgraceful reffing from a former Taranaki Catholic Schoolboy.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

OH shit ja.
C69

Post by C69 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 am I hate to whinge about the referee but this is absurd at test level. There's 17 points in this and two yellow cards, and the last one would have won the match for Australia. I really hate to blame the referee, but the facts are as clear as they could possibly be.

Stfu pussy
grievous

Post by grievous »

UncleFB wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:29 am
I would have preferred if they used an Oz ref for the two NZ games and then a NZ ref for the two Oz games, but I guess they can use a neutral for the 2nd RC game?
Angus will be worse for us, no thanks.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

grievous wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:29 am
Angus will be worse for us, no thanks.
Ah so we were going to have a ref meltdown from you lot no matter what then. Good to know. :lol:
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

I'm interested in hearing how this adds up to 17 points given neither try was converted.
Adrianmole

Post by Adrianmole »

Clearly in touch??? Not from that picture Obviously the linesman who was closest thought he did not touch the line and to me he looks in the field of play.

Oz played well and sere with the win but really did not use the wind well enough in the 2nd half.

Should be a humdinger at Eden Park. Can't wait as I will be in the main stand on about the 1/2 way line, primo seat with a primo view . Should be be a cracker.
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:32 am I hate this shit. One thing to complain in the heat of a game, but afterwards you need to shake hands and accept things.

It’s rugby ffs.
Normally I would agree but this was just too egregious. These types of game changing mistakes should not occur at this level.

Also cost me a few thousand kroner.
Adrianmole

Post by Adrianmole »

Your screenshots bear no relation to your description. I just do not see the transgressions your claiming.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

on the 3rd one i thought Williams missed that. I thought he was pretty good and clear during the game.
Did a good job.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Considering his many “we were robbed” claims after no such thing had happened,i could only imagine the state of Michael Cheika after that game,if he were still Wallaby coach. :lol:
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Justin Harrison made a good pioint (actually several) after the game that was a direct poke at Chekia.

Honesty - clear and transparent - builds accountability.
Chekia build a culture of moaning and being wronged - and the results reflected that.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Justin Harrison is a very good pundit and a good laugh.

Nowhere near the “plank” some people think he is.
Mog The Almighty

BBB wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:22 pm Considering his many “we were robbed” claims after no such thing had happened,i could only imagine the state of Michael Cheika after that game,if he were still Wallaby coach. :lol:
Cheika would have had a stroke.

I haven't seen the post match interviews yet but I expect Rennie to be far more composed and gracious.

Kudos to the NZ fans posting in this thread btw. :thumbup:
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:43 am
OH shit ja.
I'm guessing it's more to do with us doing an 'extra 2' thing with NZ so we play them 2 more times than all the other teams do - looks like it was a 'we'll use ours here and you use yours over there' thing. The proof of the pudding will be to find if we get Oz refs for the games in Australia. If we don't, then we can go on a rampage. Mind you, if Angus Gardner refs one or both of the Tests over here, that will be like having a Kiwi ref anyhow. You can see why he's highly regarded by World Rugby.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Oh Mog.

We'd all agreed in the match thread that the ref was a bit shit and some shit calls went against Australia but, overall, the calls cancelled each other out and it was a good match.

Then you come along and throw a bucket of pig guts into the water. Honestly. M8.
Mr Fedora

Post by Mr Fedora »

Swings and roundabouts. If our showboating winger dots down correctly it's all academic.