Teacher beheaded in France

All things Rugby
User avatar
AND-y
Posts: 15892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by AND-y »

Doing this to an educator is all kinds of f**ked up tbf.

Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Mog The Almighty »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Doing this to an educator is all kinds of f**ked up tbf.

Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.


Of course not, they’ve no problem with it.


Well that’s what you’re saying anyway.
Last edited by bimboman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Druid
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: Over by there.

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Druid »

French police arrest nine after teacher beheaded in street
French police have arrested nine people after a suspected Islamist sympathiser beheaded a school teacher on the street of a Paris suburb on Friday, police sources said.
Investigators were trying to establish whether the attacker, who was shot dead by police, had acted alone or had accomplices. French media reported that he was an 18-year-old of Chechen origin.
Witnesses heard the assailant shout “Allahu Akbar” or “God is Greatest”, a police source said. His victim, a history teacher, had earlier this month shown his pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in a civics class on freedom of expression.
President Emmanuel Macron called the incident Islamist terrorism.
Four relatives of the attacker, including a minor, were detained in the immediate hours after the attack in the middle-class suburb of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, the police sources said.
Five more were detained overnight, among them two parents of pupils at the College du Bois d’Aulne where the teacher was employed.
Reuters
User avatar
AND-y
Posts: 15892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by AND-y »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
WTF calling me an apologist? I loath far right murderers no matter what their skin tone/ethnicity/race/religion tbh
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
WTF calling me an apologist? I loath far right murderers no matter what their skin tone/ethnicity/race/religion tbh


Has there been a memo from Marxist central to call these attacks “far right” ? It’s a disgraceful thing to attempt, considering the far left are facilitating much of this.
Last edited by bimboman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdaclarke
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by mdaclarke »

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRightCantMe ... _a_muslim/

A preacher is standing on a soapbox preaching in the middle of the town square, "I don't believe that women should have any rights, and that gays should be hanged". A young SJW in the crowd has finally had enough and walks up to him and exclaims, "I can't believe what a primitive asshole you are, you must be a Republican!". He pauses for a moment and responds, "Nope, these are my religious beliefs, I'm a muslim from Saudi Arabia". She quickly replies: "Oh I'm so sorry, I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic"
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 41025
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Kiwias »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
A teacher at a school in PNG was dragged out of his house in the middle of the night and macheted to death for giving a student in his class a low grade. He was not a muslim.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 31803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by EverReady »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRightCantMe ... _a_muslim/

A preacher is standing on a soapbox preaching in the middle of the town square, "I don't believe that women should have any rights, and that gays should be hanged". A young SJW in the crowd has finally had enough and walks up to him and exclaims, "I can't believe what a primitive asshole you are, you must be a Republican!". He pauses for a moment and responds, "Nope, these are my religious beliefs, I'm a muslim from Saudi Arabia". She quickly replies: "Oh I'm so sorry, I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic"
That's completely shit. Go in the corner and write 'I won't post shit things' 100 times
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

Kiwias wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
A teacher at a school in PNG was dragged out of his house in the middle of the night and macheted to death for giving a student in his class a low grade. He was not a muslim.

“We should be more like PNG”.
User avatar
AND-y
Posts: 15892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by AND-y »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
WTF calling me an apologist? I loath far right murderers no matter what their skin tone/ethnicity/race/religion tbh


Has there been a memo from Marxist central to call these attacks “far right” ? It’s a disgraceful thing to attempt, considering the far left are facilitating much of this.
There is no such thing as Marxist Central, we all hate eachother.
mdaclarke
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by mdaclarke »

EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRightCantMe ... _a_muslim/

A preacher is standing on a soapbox preaching in the middle of the town square, "I don't believe that women should have any rights, and that gays should be hanged". A young SJW in the crowd has finally had enough and walks up to him and exclaims, "I can't believe what a primitive asshole you are, you must be a Republican!". He pauses for a moment and responds, "Nope, these are my religious beliefs, I'm a muslim from Saudi Arabia". She quickly replies: "Oh I'm so sorry, I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic"
That's completely shit. Go in the corner and write 'I won't post shit things' 100 times
It's an example of the "nothing to do with Islam" crowd

When there is a islamic terrorist attack they pop up saying "nothing to do with islam" or "Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society."

Moral Relativism is not doing anybody any favours

It is an Islamic terrorist attack and by definition is has something to do with islam, and these attacks keep happening. Therefore it is indicative of a greater problem through Muslim society

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54579403
User avatar
AND-y
Posts: 15892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by AND-y »

So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.
mdaclarke
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by mdaclarke »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 am So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.
Nice avoidance of the subject! Trying to divert attention away from the Islamic Attacks.
mdaclarke
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by mdaclarke »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hadis.html

An obsession with catching far-right extremists in Britain is diverting police, MI5 agents and public money away from stopping more dangerous jihadis, a leading intelligence expert warned today.

For the sake of poltical correctness we have to pretend that the Far Right (although dangerous) is the same current threat as Islamic Jihadis
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13178
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by MungoMan »

EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRightCantMe ... _a_muslim/

A preacher is standing on a soapbox preaching in the middle of the town square, "I don't believe that women should have any rights, and that gays should be hanged". A young SJW in the crowd has finally had enough and walks up to him and exclaims, "I can't believe what a primitive asshole you are, you must be a Republican!". He pauses for a moment and responds, "Nope, these are my religious beliefs, I'm a muslim from Saudi Arabia". She quickly replies: "Oh I'm so sorry, I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic"
That's completely shit. Go in the corner and write 'I won't post shit things' 100 times
Then he should go fúck himself.

Shameful tho' it may be to admit, I frequently snigger at jokes made at the expense of 'the left'. But that was just dismally unfunny.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 31803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by EverReady »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:31 am
EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRightCantMe ... _a_muslim/

A preacher is standing on a soapbox preaching in the middle of the town square, "I don't believe that women should have any rights, and that gays should be hanged". A young SJW in the crowd has finally had enough and walks up to him and exclaims, "I can't believe what a primitive asshole you are, you must be a Republican!". He pauses for a moment and responds, "Nope, these are my religious beliefs, I'm a muslim from Saudi Arabia". She quickly replies: "Oh I'm so sorry, I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic"
That's completely shit. Go in the corner and write 'I won't post shit things' 100 times
It's an example of the "nothing to do with Islam" crowd

When there is a islamic terrorist attack they pop up saying "nothing to do with islam" or "Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society."

Moral Relativism is not doing anybody any favours

It is an Islamic terrorist attack and by definition is has something to do with islam, and these attacks keep happening. Therefore it is indicative of a greater problem through Muslim society

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54579403
That may be the case but there are not many people excusing it. It's this notion there are vast swathes of young people willing to excuse this is bullshit. They are certainly caught between two stools on Palestine and trans issues but that's young people for you.
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 am So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.


You constantly tell western white society they’re all to blame for any and every possible nationalist attack. Are you now saying that’s not true?

Young men within Islam tend to become murderous due to pressures within their societies and religion.
User avatar
Salient
Posts: 3315
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland!

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Salient »

Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
What f**king planet do you live on!!!!!!
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Mog The Almighty »

AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 am So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.
Geezus Christ it's got nothing to do with race. The guy who did this was within "white society". He was a Chechen living in France. This is just so telling of the apologetic mindset. Islam is widely practised in the middle east, where many people have brown coloured skin. So every time a Muslim does something horrific the appropriate response to not be racist must be to point out that white people do bad things too. That's just so inane.

What it has got to do with is people getting their brain scrambled by a book that in no uncertain terms teaches a violent, repugnunt, retributive, iron-aged moral ideology. And making excuses or kidding oneself about it does not help anybody.

Does horrific violent retribution happen for other reasons too? Yes, but I'll call them out too. Are all Muslims violent? No, but it's still a problem within Islam.
Heymans
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Heymans »

Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
You f**king cunt.
Gwenno
Posts: 7724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Gwenno »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am [quote="Gwenno " post_id=6703487 time=<a href="tel:1602924687">1602924687</a> user_id=1840]
Another illustration of the fact that just because you have a right to something, free speech, doesn’t mean that you are safe. If you were sharing a cell with a violent Christian fundamentalist, would you press on him/her your right to argue the evolutionary cause?


Wow.
[/quote]
I am trying to make a point about the difference between idealism and realism, and de jur versus de facto.We may have the logical and moral high ground in our views, but there are billions of Muslims. Even though a tiny fraction of 1% are extremists in thought and action, that is enough to cause misery. This beheading will of course have provoked an extreme reaction, but is at taking on the whole religion the answer? Is that really likely to reduce or increase the number of terrorist attacks? In an ideal world making something against the law would be enough, but in the real world people will break the law when it suits them to. I haven’t got the answer, btw, but I fear for carnage in a polarised society.
Heymans
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Heymans »

And to all the islam apologists I say this:

there is nothing in islamism that isn't in islam. These guys aren't inventing anything, it's all in the book. There is no moderate muslim, like there is no moderate pregnant women. You either believe the quran is the literal word of god, in case you're in the loony camp, or you don't.
th only difference between moderates and extremists, between islam and islamism is action, as in actually killing miscreants.
There is no ideological separation, or watershed or anything like that. There is nothing moderate about believing a book is the literal word of god, if that was about literally anything else it would be classified as a mental illness.
I don't give a shit that the majority of muslims are law abiding citizen, so is most of everyone else. Only muslims behead people for shit like that in France right now. These people are a cancer and they can get f**ked with their stupid shit.
mdaclarke
Posts: 3152
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by mdaclarke »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 am So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.
Geezus Christ it's got nothing to do with race. The guy who did this was within "white society". He was a Chechen living in France. This is just so telling of the apologetic mindset. Islam is widely practised in the middle east, where many people have brown coloured skin. So every time a Muslim does something horrific the appropriate response to not be racist must be to point out that white people do bad things too. That's just so inane.

What it has got to do with is people getting their brain scrambled by a book that in no uncertain terms teaches a violent, repugnunt, retributive, iron-aged moral ideology. And making excuses or kidding oneself about it does not help anybody.

Does horrific violent retribution happen for other reasons too? Yes, but I'll call them out too. Are all Muslims violent? No, but it's still a problem within Islam.

it's the progressive equivalent of "All lives Matter"
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Muttonbirds »

Druid wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 am
Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
The Islamic world’s worst enemy is Islam. Anyone who thinks Islam is not the worse religion by far needs a history lesson.
The worst religion. What the fudge are you talking about?
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

https://twitter.com/RmSalih/status/1317350932129132544


Remember this is nothing to do with a particular religion.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Mog The Almighty »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
WTF calling me an apologist? I loath far right murderers no matter what their skin tone/ethnicity/race/religion tbh


Has there been a memo from Marxist central to call these attacks “far right” ? It’s a disgraceful thing to attempt, considering the far left are facilitating much of this.
It's just reality. Islam is an ultra conservative religious doctrine. Far leftists ban religion. Far righties embrace it. Has always been the way.

You are correct that modern SJW type "leftists" are enabling it to some small extent (it's plenty enabled without them) but they're very confused themselves. The minute you throw even a tenuous link to race in the mix they'll all throw every other thing out the window in a rush to show how "not racist" they are.
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Muttonbirds »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am Still isn't indicative of greater problem through Muslim society.
:shock:

What? F-ckin' hell that's some serious apologetics in the face of a teacher getting their head chopped of for showing a cartoon.

Nobody is saying that "all muslims" are anything. But to deny that this type of violence is a problem in Islam is just nuts.

How many teachers need to be beheaded? Or architects and doctors need to fly planes into buildings? How many people decapitated for insulting the prophet? How many gay nightclubs need to be shot up or marathons bombed or people mowed down in vans or cartoonists machine-gunned before it's a problem?
WTF calling me an apologist? I loath far right murderers no matter what their skin tone/ethnicity/race/religion tbh


Has there been a memo from Marxist central to call these attacks “far right” ? It’s a disgraceful thing to attempt, considering the far left are facilitating much of this.
They are far right attacks. This attack was from the far right of Islam. The fundamentalist and ultra conservative Islam. Like it or not, most if not all individual or small group terrorist atrocities are perpetrated by those of conservative or ultra conservative values.
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

They are far right attacks. This attack was from the far right of Islam. The fundamentalist and ultra conservative Islam. Like it or not, most if not all individual or small group terrorist atrocities are perpetrated by those of conservative or ultra conservative values.

It’s not a question of liking, it’s a question of being completely wrong.

The left provide far more terror in modern history and they all seemed to be drug addicted long haired horrors .

As I said central memo to try and excuse what the actual source is.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 am
Druid wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 am
Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
The Islamic world’s worst enemy is Islam. Anyone who thinks Islam is not the worse religion by far needs a history lesson.
The worst religion. What the fudge are you talking about?
Well there has to be one worse one right? Its not as if they're all equal and teaching the same thing.

I would argue that the worst one would probably be Norse Pagan Viking religion that encouraged bloody warfare and death in battle as the only way to enter Valhalla. But that one is gone now. They did treat women better than Islamists though.

In terms of the modern most popular religions, Islam does seem to be the worst as far as inciting violent retribution and gross violations against women and homosexuals etc.

There has to be one "winner".
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Muttonbirds »

Salient wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
What f**king planet do you live on!!!!!!
I think after the Charlie Hebdo massacre and numerous other troubles around white Euro-cartoonists indulging in Islamophobia for profit people might want to think twice before holding up Charlie Hebdo as some sort of paragon of free speech. I mean what are you trying to defend here? Just leave it alone for a while.
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

Islam hasn’t really been through a reformation.
bimboman
Posts: 65704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by bimboman »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am
Salient wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
What f**king planet do you live on!!!!!!
I think after the Charlie Hebdo massacre and numerous other troubles around white Euro-cartoonists indulging in Islamophobia for profit people might want to think twice before holding up Charlie Hebdo as some sort of paragon of free speech. I mean what are you trying to defend here? Just leave it alone for a while.


He’s defending the idea that one set of ideas has no superiority in western society. You’re claiming they do, and giving the reason that the idea holder is violent so should be allowed to censor.
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 am
Druid wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 am
Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
The Islamic world’s worst enemy is Islam. Anyone who thinks Islam is not the worse religion by far needs a history lesson.
The worst religion. What the fudge are you talking about?
Well there has to be one worse one right? Its not as if they're all equal and teaching the same thing.

I would argue that the worst one would probably be Norse Pagan Viking religion that encouraged bloody warfare and death in battle as the only way to enter Valhalla. But that one is gone now. They did treat women better than Islamists though.

In terms of the modern most popular religions, Islam does seem to be the worst as far as inciting violent retribution and gross violations against women and homosexuals etc.

There has to be one "winner".
I'm gonna say whichever one Anders Breivik was a member of. He is the very worst individual of our time.
User avatar
fatcat
Posts: 14353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by fatcat »

Even though a tiny fraction of 1% are extremists in thought and action
I think you'll find a significantly higher percentage of them sympathise with extremist views.
Heymans
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Heymans »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am
Salient wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm Showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons in class was probably not a good idea.
What f**king planet do you live on!!!!!!
I think after the Charlie Hebdo massacre and numerous other troubles around white Euro-cartoonists indulging in Islamophobia for profit people might want to think twice before holding up Charlie Hebdo as some sort of paragon of free speech. I mean what are you trying to defend here? Just leave it alone for a while.
ISlamophobia doesn't exist, its a made up concept to blame victims of islam.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13178
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by MungoMan »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 am
AND-y wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 am So you'd agree white nationalist loner attacks are indicative of a problem within "white society"? You can throw whatever narrative on it you like, young men decide to go all murdery for a whole host of reasons.
Geezus Christ it's got nothing to do with race. The guy who did this was within "white society". He was a Chechen living in France. This is just so telling of the apologetic mindset. Islam is widely practised in the middle east, where many people have brown coloured skin. So every time a Muslim does something horrific the appropriate response to not be racist must be to point out that white people do bad things too. That's just so inane.

What it has got to do with is people getting their brain scrambled by a book that in no uncertain terms teaches a violent, repugnunt, retributive, iron-aged moral ideology. And making excuses or kidding oneself about it does not help anybody.

Does horrific violent retribution happen for other reasons too? Yes, but I'll call them out too. Are all Muslims violent? No, but it's still a problem within Islam.
Politics would be the other reason. Or the actual reason.

It's well-known Islam has changed less than some other major religions. What has changed is a whole bunch of people being able to make a half-credible argument that Islam tends to breed violent extremism or terrorism or whatever term your choose for non-state use of deadly force.

And yes, that is a change. For much of the last century, the same argument would have fallen on deaf ears in terms of the broader public; and with good reason.

Communists were terrorists. Various sorts of nationalists and irredentists were terrorists. But Muslims as Muslims? Yeah. Nah.

FF to now, and Islam - particularly of the modern Salafist variety - has become the clubhouse of choice for all manner of folk who have a major case of fúck you going on in respect of the world in general or their country in particular. In respect of the former, consider for a moment how many converts to Islam have been involved in terrorist acts then consider what role if any 'Islamic society' had to play in getting them to where they ended up.

In many ways Salafist jihadism is playing an analogous role to that played by Maoism decades back, viz. as rallying point for disaffected or, in some cases, genuinely downtrodden people of varying sorts. (Admittedly, some Maoists merely formed political parties and barely threw a rock in anger but others went to to become benchmark murderous nutcases like Sendero Luminosa). And note: the Chinese government of those long-gone days never had a fraction of the resources to promote an ideology as KSA has to promote its favoured form of skyfairyism.

It's politics in dressup.
Gwenno
Posts: 7724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Gwenno »

fatcat wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:07 pm
Even though a tiny fraction of 1% are extremists in thought and action
I think you'll find a significantly higher percentage of them sympathise with extremist views.
Wouldn’t deny it. You can never know for sure what someone is thinking. Probably loads are atheists in secret. I’m not for a moment suggesting that the situation isn’t dangerous. However you don’t stop someone from thinking a certain way by telling them not to, or going after their religion. Organised, let alone disorganised religion, is of no use to me, but it matters a lot to a lot of people, and you threaten it at your peril.
Last edited by Gwenno on Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsity Way
Posts: 1213
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by Varsity Way »

Keep Calm and Carry On. Vive la France. Je Suis Charlie. :thumbup:
User avatar
He Man Rugger Pints
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 3 from 3

Re: Teacher beheaded in France

Post by He Man Rugger Pints »

Stumbled across a picture on Twitter which I wish I hadn't seen. How people can be apologetic for this stuff is beyond me.
Post Reply