Congratulations to the All Blacks!

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Congratulations to the All Blacks!

Post by Mog The Almighty »

No complaining about the referee this week. That was conclusive, the Wallabies have been out-played.

Dissapointing not to see another great competition, but I feel the Wobs can still come back in Australia.

Whoever said the All Black Aura is gone should rightly be feeling silly.
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Re: Congratulations to the All Blacks!

Post by Thomas »

Yep, that was entirely predictable.

Honestly quite surprised the ABs didn't score 35+.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 am No complaining about the referee this week. That was conclusive, the Wallabies have been out-played.

Dissapointing not to see another great competition, but I feel the Wobs can still come back in Australia.

Whoever said the All Black Aura is gone should rightly been feeling silly.
:lol:
Salient

Post by Salient »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 am No complaining about the referee this week. That was conclusive, the Wallabies have been out-played.

The Wobs will come back strongly from this one. For mine the ABs only really dominated for perhaps a 20 minute period, but was enough and then the Wobs were playing catch up.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Score flattered the Wobs. Clarke motm. :thumbup:

Saying that, better execution and composure from us would have seen the margin closer.
Olo

Post by Olo »

Congrats Kiwis. A big relief for what’s his name and the ABs. Great determination and played the first part of the second stanza exceptionally well.
Hopefully the next two are great games.

Enjoy!
Toro

Post by Toro »

Nice Mog. Competitive first half then the ABs had their 10-15min which was enough to comb over a poor final 20, luckily Oz were just as poor if not worse.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Congratulations ABs

Got the mojo back!
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Straya belted fair and square by an improved ABs team that didn't benefit from special treatment by Anus. (Gotta say, I was concerned he'd bend over backwards to be seen to be not favouring the Wobs).
Cullen

Post by Cullen »

Awesome that we go to Oz with the series still alive
capt hurricane

Post by capt hurricane »

That was David Campese, I beleive.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

capt hurricane wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 am

That was David Campese, I beleive.
Tbf Campo says that every second year, the rent-a-quote. Despite that he’s still a good rugby man.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Do only the All Blacks have an aura? What about the Aussie aura? Have they found it yet? When did they lose it? 2003?
Mog The Almighty

Grandpa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Do only the All Blacks have an aura? What about the Aussie aura? Have they found it yet? When did they lose it? 2003?
Bit earlier. Whatever aura the Wallabies had left with Rod MacQueen.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

So how long have the All Black had it? Since 2010? 2003 or have they always had it?
Mog The Almighty

Grandpa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

So how long have the All Black had it? Since 2010? 2003 or have they always had it?
Dunno. How long have they been the best Rugby team in the world, give or take a loss here or there? Its been a very long time for sure.

Not sure where you are going with this. Do you think the All Blacks dont come with a special something? They're the team to beat. The X Factor. The stick by which all others are measured by. Ffs the Irish beat them once in a thousand years and declare a national holiday. What other rugby team has this aura?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Just heard Oz's tackling was 62% success rate. Bloody hell, for get the All Blacks that would lose a game against any Tier one nation. Sort that out and any game becomes much more winnable.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm Just heard Oz's tackling was 62% success rate. Bloody hell, for get the All Blacks that would lose a game against any Tier one nation. Sort that out and any game becomes much more winnable.
They are consistently so poor in defense. I don't understand it, it's the easiest thing to train when you go into sport and they are consistently so bad?
puku

Post by puku »

One of the turning points for me was the fact that the ABs managed to sort their scrum out. The first couple had me thinking this could get ugly as the Wallabies dominated.

Rennie needs to get some high grade resin for Koroibete's hands. He was terrible.
Mog The Almighty

Wendigo7 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:40 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm Just heard Oz's tackling was 62% success rate. Bloody hell, for get the All Blacks that would lose a game against any Tier one nation. Sort that out and any game becomes much more winnable.
They are consistently so poor in defense. I don't understand it, it's the easiest thing to train when you go into sport and they are consistently so bad?
Yes, and unsurprisingly, it was The Wallabies strength during the golden era of Australian Rugby led by Rod MacQueen.

I have faith that Rennie can sort it out given time.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm
Yes, and unsurprisingly, it was The Wallabies strength during the golden era of Australian Rugby led by Rod MacQueen.

TBF half those missed tackles were on The New Lomu
Mog The Almighty

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:52 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

TBF half those missed tackles were on The New Lomu
That dude is scary.

There's no way I'd want to tackle him, but he's not the new Lomu.

Lomu was a winger bigger than most locks who run the 100m in 10.8 seconds.

Caleb is a freak and scary as f-ck, but he's still a toy compared to Lomu.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Yeah Congrats to the ABs, played very well.

How did SuperA sides counter Clarke?
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Zakar wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm Yeah Congrats to the ABs, played very well.

How did SuperA sides counter Clarke?
Don't send wayward kicks with no chase to him