Re: Free School Meals

Post by bimboman »

C69 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:29 pm Dear God that is some pounding
Or gaping most likely :lol:

It was. Yoyo will recover though.
backrow

Post by backrow »

crapbackrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 am If we accept mr rashford's proposal, the obvious corollary is a program of state sponsored eugenics. If that's too much to stomach, then maybe we can just settle for forced adoption.

If we believe there is a sizeable group of parents who lack the responsibility to look after their children, and we also feel that it's not right for children to live in these conditions, then surely a permanent solution must be found?

I have learned something new though from this thread - you can receive benefits worth €50k in ireland, a country where it costs min €1500/m to rent a flat or very small house. An even more dysfunctional country than I'd realised! I'm surprised more middle earners don't fudge off over the border where at least they could buy a house.
I am glad you posted the Irish benefits as well as rent thing - just shows that one stat on its own is almost meaningless like gdp per capita where Ireland’s 70keur looks favourably to the uk’s 42k eur figure, until you put some kind of cost of living conparison with it.

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/co ... uk?sc=XE34

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... y2=Ireland

Overall, the 2 countries are remarkably similar
crapbackrow

Post by crapbackrow »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:57 am
crapbackrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 am If we accept mr rashford's proposal, the obvious corollary is a program of state sponsored eugenics. If that's too much to stomach, then maybe we can just settle for forced adoption.

If we believe there is a sizeable group of parents who lack the responsibility to look after their children, and we also feel that it's not right for children to live in these conditions, then surely a permanent solution must be found?

I have learned something new though from this thread - you can receive benefits worth €50k in ireland, a country where it costs min €1500/m to rent a flat or very small house. An even more dysfunctional country than I'd realised! I'm surprised more middle earners don't fudge off over the border where at least they could buy a house.
I am glad you posted the Irish benefits as well as rent thing - just shows that one stat on its own is almost meaningless like gdp per capita where Ireland’s 70keur looks favourably to the uk’s 42k eur figure, until you put some kind of cost of living conparison with it.

Even the adjusted GDP figures give ireland a big lead. All eaten up by higher cost of living. It costs £1000/m to rent a 1 bed flat in drogheda, 35 miles from dublin city centre :lol:
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Guys you are off the mark.

In Dublin house prices and renting is expensive. In the majority of other counties and capital towns houses prices and renting is a lot less.

Is buying a house and renting in London and other large cities in the UK not very expensive??

Our social welfare is much better than yours though and it is true recipients don’t live on the absolute breadline like in the UK.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Our social welfare is much better than yours though and it is true recipients don’t live on the absolute breadline like in the UK.

This appears to be completely untrue when we look at the actual numbers. There’s no point in explaining this to you though because even more than illiterate you’re worse at numbers.
backrow

Post by backrow »

crapbackrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 am

Even the adjusted GDP figures give ireland a big lead. All eaten up by higher cost of living. It costs £1000/m to rent a 1 bed flat in drogheda, 35 miles from dublin city centre :lol:
The gdp on its own is meaningless , the local purchasing power being 12% lower in Ireland is probably more noticeable.
My own ‘wtf’ moment was a few years ago when I needed some hair gel from a supermarket and it happened to be a product I sold at the time - it was €6 when it sells in supermarkets here for £3.49 max. Add in a few snacks for the kids like crisps and my one bag of shopping was €40 !!
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:28 am

This appears to be completely untrue when we look at the actual numbers. There’s no point in explaining this to you though because even more than illiterate you’re worse at numbers.
bimbo the numbers are back there, have a look. If I can’t interpret them, then there is something wrong with you. Simple as that.

You have a welfare cap of £23k for a couple living in Greater London own could have between 1 and 20 children.

A single person gets £73 a week to live on taking our housing benefits. That’s fairly brutal.
Last edited by YOYO on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
towny

Post by towny »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:22 am

In Dublin house prices and renting is expensive. In the majority of other counties and capital towns houses prices and renting is a lot less.

Is buying a house and renting in London and other large cities in the UK not very expensive??

I rented a house near Manchester. It's not cheap at all. If you want a Place that's clean and doesn't have a f*cking washing Machine in the kitchen, it is far from affordable.

I would say that the standard that most English would accept is lower than Ireland and significantly lower than Australian and Sweden. My wife was horrified when she saw the houses my work suggested we live in.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Well judging from you, your education isn’t up to much !
In your second sentence, replace the word Dublin with London, and it answers your next sentence. There are expensive bits (eg Mayfair) and slightly less expensive bits (Barking or Sparkhill)

And the social welfare bit isn't really true now is it ? Ireland has lower education spend as a %, much lower state spend as % of GDP, higher unemployment rate (prob not in covid 2020 though) , higher vat and top rate tax, higher suicide rates ... overall the countries are pretty close though so you may choose to beleive Ireland has better social welfare , but reality doesn’t really bare that sweeping statement out.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 am

bimbo the numbers are back there, have a look. If I can’t interpret them, then there is something wrong with you. Simple as that.

You have a welfare cap of £23k for a couple living in Greater London own could have between 1 and 20 children.

A single person gets £73 a week to live on taking our housing benefits. That’s fairly brutal.

I did look. The numbers are remarkably close. And of course you’re ignoring the cost of living in Ireland being really high.
backrow

Post by backrow »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 am

You are just looking at one type of benefit, not overall social welfare. Being different countries there will be certain benefits you can get in one but not the other, you mention housing benefits but there will be others. Considering the higher tax rates you would have expected Ireland’s spending on its social welfare to be a lot higher than uk, not worse.

All those stats are pre covid though, no idea what they’d be like now
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Wtf is wrong with you two?! You both sound like pretty self righteous lads even though it’s plain as day you’re off the mark on this thread. Get over yourselves.

backrow I think you resent us Irishers. It’s so easy to burn / dismantle you! I think it’s the fact we are no longer all brickies or barmen that grinds your gears. A lot of us might even be better than you and your brethren. :shock: I don’t think you like that possibility. We talk too smart on here for your liking.
Last edited by YOYO on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:53 am Wtf is wrong with you two?! You both sound like pretty self righteous lads even though it’s plain as day you’re off the mark on this thread. Get over yourselves.

backrow I think you resent us Irishers. It’s so easy to burn / dismantle you! I think it’s the fact we are no longer all brickies or bar men that grinds your gears. A lot of us might even be better than you and your brethren. :shock: I don’t think you like that possibility.

Reading numbers and understanding them isn’t “self righteous “ ......
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:54 am
YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:53 am Wtf is wrong with you two?! You both sound like pretty self righteous lads even though it’s plain as day you’re off the mark on this thread. Get over yourselves.

backrow I think you resent us Irishers. It’s so easy to burn / dismantle you! I think it’s the fact we are no longer all brickies or bar men that grinds your gears. A lot of us might even be better than you and your brethren. :shock: I don’t think you like that possibility.

Yeeb is best mates with corky so I can understand his hatred of the Irish
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimbo did you not notice that several posters including the much renowned backrow has commented on the thrashing you got on his thread?!

If you’d like to take my numbers on social welfare UK v Irish, and the hungry children numbers please do. Then tell me what is wrong with the numbers to prove me wrong and you right.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am bimbo did you not notice that several posters including the much renowned backrow has commented on the thrashing you got on his thread?!

If you’d like to take my numbers on social welfare UK v Irish, and the hungry children numbers please do. Then tell me what is wrong with the numbers to prove me wrong and you right.

I did note those posts, yeeb often comments about my wife and those things aren’t true and c69 is a nasty chap who’s opinion of me and my posts is completely worthless.

Let’s be honest you lost it yesterday and don’t understand the word “premise” , or numbers, or most things it seems.
crapbackrow

Post by crapbackrow »

towny wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 am

I rented a house near Manchester. It's not cheap at all. If you want a Place that's clean and doesn't have a f*cking washing Machine in the kitchen, it is far from affordable.

I would say that the standard that most English would accept is lower than Ireland and significantly lower than Australian and Sweden. My wife was horrified when she saw the houses my work suggested we live in.
Manchester's still much cheaper (by at least 20%) than the bustling metropolises of cork and limerick.

Most middle earners would be better off in Belfast than Dublin but this fact doesn't fit the modern Irish narrative.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 am

That hair gel was for his wedding - bastard still hasn’t reimbursed me !

I love Ireland and some of its people - but am greatly amused at how ingrained the ‘we are better than uk’ mentality that YOYO (who has now moved to insults when his stance has crumbled) and other have.
We get it - uk (English especially ) did great Ireland and its catholic’s badly - but fml you types hold a grudge. Uk isn’t sore at Italy for the Romans’ or Nordics for the Viking’s or France for William the conqueror, or even Germany really for the bombs - but Ireland seems to have as a core of its national character a grudge to prove it is better. In some ways it is, in other it isn’t - YOYO waving his teeny pecker around about social welfare and his ‘yeah but Dublin is expensive’ is just nonsense.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Is bimbo absolutely right again? What a guy.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:02 am
YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am bimbo did you not notice that several posters including the much renowned backrow has commented on the thrashing you got on his thread?!

I did note those posts, yeeb often comments about my wife and those things aren’t true and c69 is a nasty chap who’s opinion of me and my posts is completely worthless.

Let’s be honest you lost it yesterday and don’t understand the word “premise” , or numbers, or most things it seems.
I’ll give you a chance then, while you try to duck and dive my challenge to you. You’re all bluff and bluster like Boris.

Right then, convince me that I don’t understand the meaning of the word “premise” based on our discussion on this thread? This seems to be the the last bastion of your defence. :lol:
Last edited by YOYO on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I’ll let you a chance then,
gibberish
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 am

I love Ireland and some of its people - but am greatly amused at how ingrained the ‘we are better than uk’ mentality that YOYO (who has now moved to insults when his stance has crumbled) and other have.
We get it - uk (English especially ) did great Ireland and its catholic’s badly - but fml you types hold a grudge. Uk isn’t sore at Italy for the Romans’ or Nordics for the Viking’s or France for William the conqueror, or even Germany really for the bombs - but Ireland seems to have as a core of its national character a grudge to prove it is better. In some ways it is, in other it isn’t - YOYO waving his teeny pecker around about social welfare and his ‘yeah but Dublin is expensive’ is just nonsense.
Less of your waffle. Total bullshit. You have a complex about us that’s quite obvious.
backrow

Post by backrow »

backrow I think you resent us Irishers. It’s so easy to burn / dismantle you! I think it’s the fact we are no longer all brickies or barmen that grinds your gears. A lot of us might even be better than you and your brethren. :shock: I don’t think you like that possibility. We talk too smart on here for your liking.
I have zero doubt that some Irish are way cleverer than me - just not you though.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Come on bimbo. Typo corrected.
I’m waiting to dismantle you even more. :nod:
backrow

Post by backrow »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am

Less of your waffle. Total bullshit. You have a complex about us that’s quite obvious.
I am merely pricking the balloon of bile & logical fail that was your narrative on this thread, surely the person with the complex here is the first person who dug illogical self defeating holes for themselves ?( ie you)

Bimbo got the bumming yesterday, but today it’s you, lowering your oiled keyster onto a 2lt bottle of coke in front of the camera (which according to that link I provided is 32cents more expensive in Ireland)
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am

I have zero doubt that some Irish are way cleverer than me - just not you though.
Oh good for you.. but I find it hard to believe.
I get it you are from the school of hard knocks and rose a level or two for the ashes and like to try and vent your perceived new status on others, especially us Orish who should know our place. I see though you and you don’t like it. You are bullshitter and waffler. You know it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am Come on bimbo. Typo corrected.

Not while your this angry.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

get it you are from the school of hard knocks a

:lol:
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am

I am merely pricking the balloon of bile & logical fail that was your narrative on this thread, surely the person with the complex here is the first person who dug illogical self defeating holes for themselves ?( ie you)

Bimbo got the bumming yesterday, but today it’s you, lowering your oiled keyster onto a 2lt bottle of coke in front of the camera (which according to that link I provided is 32cents more expensive in Ireland)
My post was for bimbo. Hands off.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:50 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:50 am
YOYO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:57 pm Marcus Rashford legend. Thats all
Rashford seems to be maturing and is more confident these days. His social media notoriety and excellent profile must be helping his footballing performances.

Make it happen Rashford.
I mean, who should we listen to, Rashford or Mr 66,000 posts? :blush:

Considering I’m far more experienced in both life and poverty me, that you put so much faith into an undereducated early 20’s kid who’s main skill is kicking a ball :lol:
As opposed to someone whose main skill is shrilling blindly for right wing views on the internet?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:21 am
bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:50 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:50 am
YOYO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:57 pm Marcus Rashford legend. Thats all
Rashford seems to be maturing and is more confident these days. His social media notoriety and excellent profile must be helping his footballing performances.

Make it happen Rashford.
I mean, who should we listen to, Rashford or Mr 66,000 posts? :blush:

Considering I’m far more experienced in both life and poverty me, that you put so much faith into an undereducated early 20’s kid who’s main skill is kicking a ball :lol:
As opposed to someone whose main skill is shrilling blindly for right wing views on the internet?

My main skill I’d imagine is knowing what a “right wing view” is if we’re comparing to you.

Idiot.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

crapbackrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 am

You'd be lucky to get a flat share for that 35m outside of London.
backrow

Post by backrow »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 am

Yeah I think I’ve broken YOYO , he is now looking at his expensive Coke and thinking ‘hmmmmmm’
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:20 am get it you are from the school of hard knocks a

:lol:
Getting a new researcher. You’re current one seems to be a QAnon reject.
Last edited by YOYO on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 am

I get it you are from the school of hard knocks and rose a level or two for the ashes and like to try and vent your perceived new status on others, especially us Orish who should know our place. I see though you and you don’t like it. You are bullshitter and waffler. You know it.
Chippy fuckr.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah I think I’ve broken YOYO , he is now looking at his expensive Coke and thinking ‘hmmmmmm’

I think expensive coke might be to blame ......

Anyway how was growing up in Da Ghetto?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You'd be lucky to get a flat share for that 35m outside of London.

Don’t be silly.
backrow

Post by backrow »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:21 am
backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am

My post was for bimbo. Hands off.
Ah sorry, you did quote me though - that coke bottle is making your hand jittery I see
backrow

Post by backrow »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:24 am
backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:23 am

I think expensive coke might be to blame ......

Anyway how was growing up in Da Ghetto?
Yeah, Maidenhead was pretty rough , one time I even saw a policeman

#eastberksmassive4EVA
Last edited by backrow on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

message #2527204 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:24 am
YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 am

Chippy fuckr.
Yeah backrow, he’s a chippy lad. Best way to deal with that is give it back to him. Bring him back to reality.

I hope the reach around gang aren’t assembling.