All things Rugby
RodneyRegis

Re: Free School Meals

Post by RodneyRegis »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 pm
The child was next to it's dead mother. Of course it was hungry. That is a f**king despicable thing to bring up.
You should read the whole article before making a tit out of yourself
This bit you mean?

Clarification added on 29 August 2020: The charity Positive Action In Housing later clarified its description of the condition of Mercy's baby, saying:

The reference to Mercy's baby "starving" was in relation to the window of time from August 18 to 22 when nobody had heard from her. It was not a reference to their general state before August 18.
Refugee charity Positive Action in Housing said Ms Baguma had claimed asylum and lived in "extreme poverty".

The charity said Ms Baguma had contacted them several weeks ago saying she did not have enough money to look after herself or her child.
Probably faking it yeah.
Sorry, this was a retort to 1.3m starving children?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

To be honest I probably should butt out of this discussion as it’s directly to do with your country, not mine. It might be considered none of my business.. which is is fair.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

YOYO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:54 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:51 pm
Your 4.5 million figure seem to represent the number of children who’s families are below the poverty line.

My 1.3 million figure is from here I suppose. Children that depend on free school meals.

Just imagine that 3.2 million of those kids have parents that fed their children perfectly well.

You’re flailing around now.
Not flailing at all. I have furnished my posts with facts and figures not just made up magic statements.
I haven’t deviated one bit. From the beginning this morning I stated 1.3 million staving kids. Of course there are several million more children living in poverty.

I was just trying to help message with his figures. He didn’t seem to know what his own figures represented.
The poverty line is 60% of average income. This equates to approx 20% of households, its a simple mathematic equation. These households are entitled to free school meals because they fit into an equation, not because the are starving. By your logic there is an equal proportion of starving children in ireland, unless of course the proportion of households falling into the 60% with children is materially different.

Either way, 1 in 5 households in Ireland are starving. I'm disgusted.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

No. And you know it wasn’t. All you have to do is scroll up to see the post it was quoted beneath. Don’t be a plum all your life.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

YOYO for all your efforts

RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:11 pm To be honest I probably should butt out of this discussion as it’s directly to do with your country, not mine. It might be considered none of my business.. which is is fair.
By all means discuss the issue, it's pertinent, but ffs think about what you are saying. There are 15m kids in the UK, give or take. Do you really believe that 1 in 10 are starving, like actually starving? Do you know what starving means?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm YOYO for all your efforts

😢 I’m happy to accept the Irish equivalent of an OBE for my duties to helping promote the plight of the staving children of England. I note that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are looking after their starving children.
Godspeed Duff Paddy.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:14 pm
No. And you know it wasn’t. All you have to do is scroll up to see the post it was quoted beneath. Don’t be a plum all your life.
Yoyo said there were 1.3m starving children in the UK. Bimbo said there wasn't one. you posted that link, and you call me a plum.

Well I guess at least you proved Bimbo's point that starvation due to lack of funds is non-existent in the UK, although I would have thought that was abundantly obvious to anyone but the most moronic.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

YOYO wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:28 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm YOYO for all your efforts

😢 I’m happy to accept the Irish equivalent of an OBE for my duties to helping promote the plight of the staving children of England. I note that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are looking after their starving children.
Godspeed Duff Paddy.
And yet 20% of households in each of those countries are still starving :(
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

I’m not sure I can just step back into the discussion Rodney. I’ll keep an eye on it and might pop my head in.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

RodneyRegis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:06 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 pm

The child was next to it's dead mother. Of course it was hungry. That is a f**king despicable thing to bring up.
You should read the whole article before making a tit out of yourself
This bit you mean?

Clarification added on 29 August 2020: The charity Positive Action In Housing later clarified its description of the condition of Mercy's baby, saying:

The reference to Mercy's baby "starving" was in relation to the window of time from August 18 to 22 when nobody had heard from her. It was not a reference to their general state before August 18.
Refugee charity Positive Action in Housing said Ms Baguma had claimed asylum and lived in "extreme poverty".

The charity said Ms Baguma had contacted them several weeks ago saying she did not have enough money to look after herself or her child.
Probably faking it yeah.
Looks as though the charity was providing them with food and they still starved.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:01 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:59 pm
bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Having critical thought about the issue of free school meals isn’t “heartless” it’s mature. Emoting like a child “but think of the children” is the opposite.
You've shown no critical thought at all. Only rehashing heartless right wing talking points. You've attacked and dismissed Rashford, shown little to no interest in a cheap scheme that will help ensure children don't go hungry and have dismissed the idea the poor can't maybe afford everything they should have.

I’ve clearly shown critical thought around the issue of agency, parental responsibility, tax payer value and democracy. You’ve wailed “but think of the children”.

None of the points raised about agency, responsibility tax payer value and democracy are “right wing”.
You really haven't. You have rehashed what you want to hear, which is mostly no words of empathy for hungry children.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

eldanielfire wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Having critical thought about the issue of free school meals isn’t “heartless” it’s mature. Emoting like a child “but think of the children” is the opposite.
You've shown no critical thought at all. Only rehashing heartless right wing talking points. You've attacked and dismissed Rashford, shown little to no interest in a cheap scheme that will help ensure children don't go hungry and have dismissed the idea the poor can't maybe afford everything they should have.

I’ve clearly shown critical thought around the issue of agency, parental responsibility, tax payer value and democracy. You’ve wailed “but think of the children”.

None of the points raised about agency, responsibility tax payer value and democracy are “right wing”.
You really haven't. You have rehashed what you want to hear, which is mostly no words of empathy for hungry children.
Why does he have to give words of empathy?

Have you been an advocate of free school meals during holidays? I don't think it's ever come up before. Who loses out to balance the books?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

RodneyRegis wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Why does he have to give words of empathy?
When people are talking about hungry children and all you can do is constantly make comments critical of those who say they should be fed betrays a clear lack of empathy or even sympathy in their behaviour.
Have you been an advocate of free school meals during holidays? I don't think it's ever come up before. Who loses out to balance the books?
I think you'll also find when the UK was about to go into lockdown I mentioned that, including one particular case I knew, of a pupil at my school whose first thought if her mum can't work was to give what was left of her birthday money to her so they should eat during the lockdown and how the government needed to move to ensure free meals are provided during the lockdown for free school meal children. My posts are all there in the early Coronavirus thread.

I've long been an advocate of much more being done for children and the poor in these cases. Even creating public sector jobs to help lower unemployment in poor areas. It makes sense if a town is rundown, why not just create 1000 jobs for cleaning and repair the area. Half class es sizes and pay adults' to be one-one readers at school and in nursery. The jobs are relatively cheap but the beenfits to society financially could be a lot more. Though these posts are usually followed by heartless Bimboman claiming the state couldn't possibly afford it, because avoiding a few billion extra debt is more important than educating children and giving people decent places to live and be proud in.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

The crazy part is, there is probably enough food to feed all of these kids (and their parents) thrown away each day.

Is it France who made this illegal?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I've long been an advocate of much more being done for children and the poor in these cases. Even creating public sector jobs to help lower unemployment in poor areas. It makes sense if a town is rundown, why not just create 1000 jobs for cleaning and repair the area. Half class es sizes and pay adults' to be one-one readers at school and in nursery. The jobs are relatively cheap but the beenfits to society financially could be a lot more. Though these posts are usually followed by heartless Bimboman claiming the state couldn't possibly afford it, because avoiding a few billion extra debt is more important than educating children and giving people decent places to live and be proud in.

Luckily we’re now in a version of Luxury communism for a few more days, post that we can see what happens when the money has to be paid back.

What is heartless is giving huge debt burden to future generations that they’ll be paying back for their whole lives.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

So you would have gladly let Hitler invade and win the war rather than fight and run up debt for a future generation Bimbo?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:03 pm So you would have gladly let Hitler invade and win the war rather than fight and run up debt for a future generation Bimbo?

Yep,mono big leap of lunacy there .....

What a tool.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:03 pm So you would have gladly let Hitler invade and win the war rather than fight and run up debt for a future generation Bimbo?
Far out man

Turning full Godwin
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:41 pm The crazy part is, there is probably enough food to feed all of these kids (and their parents) thrown away each day.

The kids are eating, old man. There is an enormous obesity problem with school aged kids. The ones who are seriously in danger are helped by social services.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 pm
Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:41 pm The crazy part is, there is probably enough food to feed all of these kids (and their parents) thrown away each day.

The kids are eating, old man. There is an enormous obesity problem with school aged kids. The ones who are seriously in danger are helped by social services.
What all of them? And you know this how?
And don't be a patronising twat.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SaintK wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:56 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 pm

What all of them? And you know this how?
And don't be a patronising twat.

The fat ones.
Openside

Post by Openside »

can you load a picture direct from your phone on this site?
C69

Post by C69 »

Another day another U turn.

Marcus 3 Boris 0
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

C69 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:31 am Another day another U turn.

Marcus 3 Boris 0
Marcus is scoring his goals in the wrong place. 14th on the table!
C69

Post by C69 »

AnkleTap wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:54 am

Marcus 3 Boris 0
I am quite happy with that :thumbup:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

AnkleTap wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:54 am

Marcus 3 Boris 0
Rashford is taking the wins in this comeptition, but it's all own goals by Boris.
Last Line

Post by Last Line »

I see alot of morbidly obese families claiming poverty and being unable to feed their kids. How can this be?
Petros

Post by Petros »

Last Line wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:40 am I see alot of morbidly obese families claiming poverty and being unable to feed their kids. How can this be?
And an obese PM who claims (according to friends) that he has to pay to feed his friends and can't afford to support his string of kids by assorted women or afford a nanny
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Another Tory government U Turn
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Petros wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:44 pm
Last Line wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:40 am I see alot of morbidly obese families claiming poverty and being unable to feed their kids. How can this be?
And an obese PM who claims (according to friends) that he has to pay to feed his friends and can't afford to support his string of kids by assorted women or afford a nanny
I was trying to put my finger on it, well spotted.
irresponsible people bringing children into the world without a thought or sense of obligation to provide for them properly.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:40 pm
irresponsible people bringing children into the world without a thought or sense of obligation to provide for them properly.

Indeed , but don’t worry the state will feed them.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

bimboman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:44 pm

I'm sure it will. Can't see the blonde slug putting his hand in his own pocket for anything.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SaintK wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:37 pm

I'm sure it will. Can't see the blonde slug putting his hand in his own pocket for anything.

So those people on the council estates are “slugs” . What a terrible thing to infer,
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 pm

So those people on the council estates are “slugs” . What a terrible thing to infer,
Only you can infer it Bimbo, They can only imply.
C69

Post by C69 »

Only one poster has mentioned council estates. :uhoh:
Sad really so much hate and contempt for the poorin society
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:22 pm
bimboman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Only you can infer it Bimbo, They can only imply.

Thank you. Will try to remember that.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

C69 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:30 pm Only one poster has mentioned council estates. :uhoh:
Sad really so much hate and contempt for the poorin society

It was a bit of a catch all for the poor of the UK. The ones you and him clearly loathe.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:14 pm

What a tool.

The point is that many times countries have put themselves into intergenerational debt if the need is great enough.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:45 am
bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:14 pm

What a tool.

The point is that many times countries have put themselves into intergenerational debt if the need is great enough.

And relate the sensible position regarding the state with “Hitler” let’s not forget that.

Children in the UK were of course bought up in genuine poverty in the 40’s and 50’s partially because the UK was crippled by war debts. So even your example helps .....

Are there any children now in the UK eating less than a child under rationing in 1953?