backrow

Re: Free School Meals

Post by backrow »

That poor helpless 17 year old that needs to be fed :(
Hate to think how much Elaine’s childcare is
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:38 pm There’s no evidence that more civil servants in central government would have improved local council and school decisions and contracts in any way.
One might suggest that civil servants might take some of the responsibility for government contracts in any case...
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 pm That poor helpless 17 year old that needs to be fed :(
"I cooked him a meal and he went out and bought a burger from chicken shack. The government is totally out of touch".

Somebody should take the raw ingredients for 5 separate school meals put them on a table. Then take a photo, post it on Twitter and await the uproar.
Last edited by RodneyRegis on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petej

Post by Petej »

YOYO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:27 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:07 pm There’s lots of questions to be answered from the company providing and being paid for a service that they’re failing at.
I imagine the cynical will assume the company is linked to the Tory party, or someone potentially in government indirectly benefitting financially.
The former head of the company did donate to the Tory party. Same company that pressured my mother-in-law to use her personal car to transport meals from one school to a smaller school. Car wasn't insured for business use so wife was very unhappy. I don't understand why people are surprised by private companies doing stuff like this always assume they will provide the shittest service they can get away with at the greatest cost as their primary duty is to make profit anything else is PR/bullshit.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Petej wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:07 pm There’s lots of questions to be answered from the company providing and being paid for a service that they’re failing at.
I imagine the cynical will assume the company is linked to the Tory party, or someone potentially in government indirectly benefitting financially.
The former head of the company did donate to the Tory party. Same company that pressured my mother-in-law to use her personal car to transport meals from one school to a smaller school. Car wasn't insured for business use so wife was very unhappy. I don't understand why people are surprised by private companies doing stuff like this always assume they will provide the shittest service they can get away with at the greatest cost as their primary duty is to make profit anything else is PR/bullshit.
Compass was it?

They have plenty of school catering contracts. Much like Serco, get loads of government stuff. I don't think donations are a factor, however much people would like them to be.
Petej

Post by Petej »

RodneyRegis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:01 pm
Compass was it?

They have plenty of school catering contracts. Much like Serco, get loads of government stuff. I don't think donations are a factor, however much people would like them to be.
Chartwells themselves. Wife was furious as father had terminal prostate cancer by then. Mother-in-law quit job as food they were providing was worse and the job was miserable and worse terms etc...
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

It amazes me that these companies continue to get contracts, across different governments as well. There's more to it than tory donations and jobs for the boys.
backrow

Post by backrow »

RodneyRegis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm
backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 pm That poor helpless 17 year old that needs to be fed :(
"I cooked him a meal and he went out and bought a burger from chicken shack. The government is totally out of touch".

Somebody should take the raw ingredients for 5 separate school meals put them on a table. Then take a photo, post it on Twitter and await the uproar.
Remember, it’s always the governments fault for large swathes of the western world, uk in particular.
Poor people are often poor because they are stupid and lazy, poor Elaine and her son end up buying £5 burgers because they lack the effort to make one themselves for a fraction the amount.
Hopefully the chinks next effort will kill off people due to their laziness , rather than their age.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

RodneyRegis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm It amazes me that these companies continue to get contracts, across different governments as well. There's more to it than tory donations and jobs for the boys.
Across many different local councils of many different political leanings in this case the Government doesn’t do school food contracts.

Personally I’m amazed this was deeemd acceptable, I’m also amazed that the sellers of the contract didn’t check what was being supplied to the recipients.

My boys junior school are supplying the meals being driven to recipients by a teacher who isn’t moaning about his insurance.
backrow

Post by backrow »

‘Your boys’ - you sure this isn’t a Me, myself and Irene situation?

:o
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:53 pm ‘Your boys’ - you sure this isn’t a Me, myself and Irene situation?

Nope , straight over my head this time perv boy,
backrow

Post by backrow »

bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm
backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:53 pm ‘Your boys’ - you sure this isn’t a Me, myself and Irene situation?

It’s a movie about a man married to a woman who goes to Portugal or Norfolk on holiday often
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm

It’s a movie about a man married to a woman who goes to Portugal or Norfolk on holiday often

You should stick to the base stuff. This isn’t your best.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Thomas wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:01 am
Zico wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 am
Thomas wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:35 am Stupid kids! Why can't you have rich parents!
Soup kitchens for kids.

Stupid parents! Why can't you have made a better world?
Have they tried, you know, not being poor?
Fish in a barrel mate :lol:
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm
That wouldn’t make any sense as neither the Government nor the Tory party hire them. This has been explained previously yo-yo.
Anything to explain? This looks like a strong link to the Tory party. Pals be pals.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 86501.html

Paul Walsh chairman of Compass Group has previously donated more than £10,000 to the Tory party. He was a member of No 10’s business advisory group during the early years of David Cameron’s time as prime minister.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm
That wouldn’t make any sense as neither the Government nor the Tory party hire them. This has been explained previously yo-yo.
Anything to explain? This looks like a strong link to the Tory party. Pals be pals.

Paul Walsh chairman of Compass Group has previously donated more than £10,000 to the Tory party. He was a member of No 10’s business advisory group during the early years of David Cameron’s time as prime minister.

As I’ll try and explain once again, the Tories in government aren’t the ones contracting the school dinner deliveries, they’re contracted by local authorities (of all political persuasion) and schools (of no political persuasion). Is there something wrong in your head that stops this meaning anything?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 pm

As I’ll try and explain once again, the Tories in government aren’t the ones contracting the school dinner deliveries, they’re contracted by local authorities (of all political persuasion) and schools (of no political persuasion). Is there something wrong in your head that stops this meaning anything?
Yes, something in my head tells me somethings going on here.
Since the start of 2016, Compass and its subsidiary have won contracts worth almost £350m for school catering, typically including free school meal provision, according to analysis by Tussell, a company that tracks public procurement.
These shysters are making an absolute killing from providing substandard services, basically pocketing tax payers money for doing nothing.

Seems they have a monopoly in the big contract catering industry.
ukjim

Post by ukjim »

Compass was it?

procurement during the pandemic has been a joke.

all ITT rules have been suspended and the hopeless government have been spaffing money at consultancies and service providers and hoping that something works.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Have to say I do like this bird Rosie Holt.

https://twitter.com/rosieisaholt/status ... 54592?s=21
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

YOYO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Yes, something in my head tells me somethings going on here.
Since the start of 2016, Compass and its subsidiary have won contracts worth almost £350m for school catering, typically including free school meal provision, according to analysis by Tussell, a company that tracks public procurement.
These shysters are making an absolute killing from providing substandard services, basically pocketing tax payers money for doing nothing.

Seems they have a monopoly in the big contract catering industry.
Did you read and ignore, or just not read what he wrote?

With council contracts, you only ever choose company that is already doing the job for someone else.

Classic arse covering.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Well done Marcus Rachford. You did it!! What a standup bloke. Great role model for young people.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

backrow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:43 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Remember, it’s always the governments fault for large swathes of the western world, uk in particular.
Poor people are often poor because they are stupid and lazy, poor Elaine and her son end up buying £5 burgers because they lack the effort to make one themselves for a fraction the amount.
Hopefully the chinks next effort will kill off people due to their laziness , rather than their age.
x( :thumbdown:
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Sorry, 10k? Ten? TEN!???
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

ukjim wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 pm
Compass was it?

procurement during the pandemic has been a joke.

all ITT rules have been suspended and the hopeless government have been spaffing money at consultancies and service providers and hoping that something works.
It's nothing to do with the pandemic, or the tories. It's been rife for decades.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

RodneyRegis wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 am

Sorry, 10k? Ten? TEN!???
Yep, easy isn't it! Dirty Desmond gave them £12k and Jenrick saved him £40m
This Tory party are so cheap and nasty!!!