Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6097
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Olo »

ABs really missed Richie Mounga tonight. BB is no slouch but having both on the pitch makes them near indestructible.
User avatar
Auckman
Posts: 9305
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sydney Town

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Auckman »

Akira played well.

Someone has to say it 8)
tubbyj
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by tubbyj »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
Last edited by tubbyj on Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6916
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Toro »

Such messy game and all a bit 'meh' to watch to be honest. All Blacks went to sleep after going up by four then just basically watched as Oz came back and went 9 up with 3 to go.

Then all of a sudden they wake up, play accurate direct rugby and score. It's an attitude thing and I agree it's straight down to leadership. We will miss Richie for years still.

Experimental team, just didn't really gel. I agree Akira was immense and unlucky to have to go. Lumpy thrown in after having no rugby, such a shame as he was so in form before the injury but he was completely invisible today.

Wobs really showed up on D today, some great hits. I thought the ABs did too for the most part but in attack we just didn't seem to want to go after the win with 30 to go. All in the head really!

Great for the rivalry, good to see the Wobs enjoy that win. :thumbup:
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 21088
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by shanky »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
We’re seventh in the world. On the bones of our arse.

We’ll take the win.
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6916
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Toro »

As a side I'm still quite surprised that so many commentators and pundits seem to have no idea about the rulings on contact to the head and cards in general. They just seem to make up their own criteria like the last night they watched was in 1996. Baffling.

If I hear Marshall talk about Malice or intention again...
Marcus50
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Marcus50 »

Australia earned that win. Messy affair with the cards, Aus handled it better.
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16436
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Tehui »

I didn't see the match and don't care about the result. However, I did the two incidents that led to red cards being delivered. The current rules are a joke and so is the current state of international rugby. I know there are lawyer types on PR who love talking about rules for days on end after a match and will be working themselves up to orgasm, but seriously, the game has gone soft AF.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
England are clearly better than New Zealand now. If they weren't they wouldn't have beaten them the last time they played. Come back to me if and when you guys ever beat us again. Losing to Australia :yawn:

https://youtu.be/r9uizdKZAGE?t=55
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 41599
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Kiwias »

Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 pm Akira played well.

Someone has to say it 8)
I missed my opportunity during the match but he did look pretty good. I actually wanted Reiko to give the final pass to Akira so he could get a first try on debut but the greedy fuck scored it himself.
User avatar
Flockwitt
Posts: 6669
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Flockwitt »

Kiwias wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:48 pm
Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 pm Akira played well.

Someone has to say it 8)
I missed my opportunity during the match but he did look pretty good. I actually wanted Reiko to give the final pass to Akira so he could get a first try on debut but the greedy fuck scored it himself.
Took his chance. As much as you can ask of anybody.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Why wasn't the new Lomu playing today ?
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13813
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by MungoMan »

Toro wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:24 pm As a side I'm still quite surprised that so many commentators and pundits seem to have no idea about the rulings on contact to the head and cards in general. They just seem to make up their own criteria like the last night they watched was in 1996. Baffling.

If I hear Marshall talk about Malice or intention again...
If Justin Marshall is ever found bludgeoned to death, they'll have to bring in half of NZ for questioning
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Kiwias wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:48 pm
Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 pm Akira played well.

Someone has to say it 8)
I missed my opportunity during the match but he did look pretty good. I actually wanted Reiko to give the final pass to Akira so he could get a first try on debut but the greedy fuck scored it himself.
Is Akira the one who threw the forward pass that let Australia in near the end of the game ?
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13813
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by MungoMan »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:54 pm Why wasn't the new Lomu playing today ?
We poisoned him
tubbyj
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by tubbyj »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
England are clearly better than New Zealand now. If they weren't they wouldn't have beaten them the last time they played. Come back to me if and when you guys ever beat us again. Losing to Australia :yawn:

https://youtu.be/r9uizdKZAGE?t=55
You can't even get close to South Africa and they ducked us scared of another beating.
Couch
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Couch »

This loss is definately on the coach. Ian Foster

Poor planning, poor selections, substitutions were poorly timed.

Henry would have told those cnuts to go for the penalty at half time.
Couch
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Couch »

MungoMan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Toro wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:24 pm As a side I'm still quite surprised that so many commentators and pundits seem to have no idea about the rulings on contact to the head and cards in general. They just seem to make up their own criteria like the last night they watched was in 1996. Baffling.

If I hear Marshall talk about Malice or intention again...
If Justin Marshall is ever found bludgeoned to death, they'll have to bring in half of NZ for questioning
More like 7/8 of the country

The other 1/8 live in Canterbury
User avatar
Wendigo7
Posts: 12493
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Wendigo7 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
England are clearly better than New Zealand now. If they weren't they wouldn't have beaten them the last time they played. Come back to me if and when you guys ever beat us again. Losing to Australia :yawn:

https://youtu.be/r9uizdKZAGE?t=55
:lol: :lol: very well done.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 13439
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by UncleFB »

Kiwias wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:48 pm
Auckman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 pm Akira played well.

Someone has to say it 8)
I missed my opportunity during the match but he did look pretty good. I actually wanted Reiko to give the final pass to Akira so he could get a first try on debut but the greedy fuck scored it himself.
The defender screwed that, if he hasn't have hit the ball it would have gone through the hands to Akira, but once it came off him Reiko had to score it as they were running out of space.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Is Akira the one who threw the forward pass that let Australia in near the end of the game ?
Nope, he was the player who had to leave due to the red card to allow a prop to come on.
Magpie26
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Magpie26 »

Really poor performance by the ABs :(

No control of the game, far too many stupid penalties which was the most disappointing for me, too many poor kicks and just not enough enthusiasm.

Reece was trying too hard (sort of understandable), BB just didn't control the game, losing Ofa meant we basically lost 2 props in open play - Big Karl is pretty hard to best in the scrums but his workrate is not what you expect of a modern prop and Laumape was almost invisible.
Too many changes and too many subs killed of any form of continuity.

Savea and Akira were good (pity Akira had to leave the field) and I thought Reiko looked good on the wing but less so at centre, but thats about it.

Coach and team need to take a good look at themselves after that performance.
User avatar
Wendigo7
Posts: 12493
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Wendigo7 »

NZ look very beatable at the moment.

First I've felt that in about... 10-12 years or so.
HANDSOMECAKE
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by HANDSOMECAKE »

Magpie26 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:14 pm Really poor performance by the ABs :(

No control of the game, far too many stupid penalties which was the most disappointing for me, too many poor kicks and just not enough enthusiasm.

Reece was trying too hard (sort of understandable), BB just didn't control the game, losing Ofa meant we basically lost 2 props in open play - Big Karl is pretty hard to best in the scrums but his workrate is not what you expect of a modern prop and Laumape was almost invisible.
Too many changes and too many subs killed of any form of continuity.

Savea and Akira were good (pity Akira had to leave the field) and I thought Reiko looked good on the wing but less so at centre, but thats about it.

Coach and team need to take a good look at themselves after that performance.
Rico Gear, Naholo, Joe Roks , score the try Reece couldn't finish.
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 11102
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Mr Mike »

Wallabies well deserved winners. Was an interesting watch.

Good illustration of how far this NZ team needs to come to develop the mental application necessary to lift themselves for games like this. The swing week on week reminded me of Loftus to Rustenburg in 2006 and that perhaps exposed some limitations that became fatal the year after. Probably better that they have the chance to start addressing that earlier in the RWC cycle and putting some of the younger and more inexperienced players under greater pressure.
Magpie26
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Magpie26 »

SB definitely deserved to be penalised for his stupid play on the ground but I'm really not sure why the TMO was allowed to review his infringement.
I thought they could review for foul play but it's hard to see what he did came under that definition :?
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 11102
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Mr Mike »

Magpie26 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:47 pm SB definitely deserved to be penalised for his stupid play on the ground but I'm really not sure why the TMO was allowed to review his infringement.
I thought they could review for foul play but it's hard to see what he did came under that definition :?
Lloyd’s slap down counts under the definition of Foul Play
Foul play: Anything a player does within the playing enclosure that is contrary to Law 9 governing obstruction, unfair play, repeated infringements, dangerous play and misconduct.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Fat Old Git »

Couch wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:10 pm
MungoMan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Toro wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:24 pm As a side I'm still quite surprised that so many commentators and pundits seem to have no idea about the rulings on contact to the head and cards in general. They just seem to make up their own criteria like the last night they watched was in 1996. Baffling.

If I hear Marshall talk about Malice or intention again...
If Justin Marshall is ever found bludgeoned to death, they'll have to bring in half of NZ for questioning
More like 7/8 of the country

The other 1/8 live in Canterbury
We will be top of the list for questioning. He's an embarrassment, and unlike the rest of you we can't ok, "yeah, but he used to play for plum..."
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20385
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Enzedder »

Wendigo7 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:21 pm NZ look very beatable at the moment.

First I've felt that in about... 10-12 years or so.
I'm afraid the truth is that we have been in that position for nigh on 5 years
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 13412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by message #2527204 »

tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
In the last 6 years it's 1 apiece. NZ won by 1 point in 2018, and England won ... crushing 19-7 hammering wasn't it?
Masterji
Posts: 1975
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Masterji »

Ultimately, it was Scott Barrett stupidity that cost the ABs the game. The AB attack seems to be too much hit and miss, with little structure or calmness. TJ was slow and poor, the centres were very average and Reece looks like he does a lot, without doing anything. The Wallabies 13 is going to be some player.
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 18430
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Mr Mike wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:05 pm
Magpie26 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:47 pm SB definitely deserved to be penalised for his stupid play on the ground but I'm really not sure why the TMO was allowed to review his infringement.
I thought they could review for foul play but it's hard to see what he did came under that definition :?
Lloyd’s slap down counts under the definition of Foul Play
Foul play: Anything a player does within the playing enclosure that is contrary to Law 9 governing obstruction, unfair play, repeated infringements, dangerous play and misconduct.
Yeah, there's a bit in Law 9 about intentionally offending which essentially means almost any penalty offence could be reviewed by a TMO.
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20385
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Enzedder »

Masterji wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:51 pm Ultimately, it was Scott Barrett stupidity that cost the ABs the game. The AB attack seems to be too much hit and miss, with little structure or calmness. TJ was slow and poor, the centres were very average and Reece looks like he does a lot, without doing anything. The Wallabies 13 is going to be some player.
Not the Reece stupidity using the quick throw (and doing it so badly)?
User avatar
terangi48
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by terangi48 »

Onya Oz......well done.....this result will bring a bit more tension to future encounters.
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 12901
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by mr bungle »

Well done, Wallabies. Fantastic defence and the best team out there.
Magpie26
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Magpie26 »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
In the last 6 years it's 1 apiece. NZ won by 1 point in 2018, and England won ... crushing 19-7 hammering wasn't it?
2-1 and if you include all of 2014 it's 5-1
Only in the NH would a 12 point win be called a hammering :roll:
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 12901
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by mr bungle »

Magpie26 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:54 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:15 pm Were they just playing until Oz won one or will there be a Bledisloe 5 ?
If we played until the NH won against us it could go on for years. Especially since England got their one win in 4 years last year.
In the last 6 years it's 1 apiece. NZ won by 1 point in 2018, and England won ... crushing 19-7 hammering wasn't it?
2-1 and if you include all of 2014 it's 5-1
Only in the NH would a 12 point win be called a hammering :roll:
What are you talking about? We were lucky to get on the scoreboard. Irrespective of the actual margin it should have been greater and we were absolutely hammered.
Peaches
Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by Peaches »

Wobblies beat a B team.

They are still quite shit if we are being honest here.
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 12901
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by mr bungle »

grievous wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:50 am
shanky wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:49 am Biden wins, Wallabies win

Wow. What a weekend.

:D
Suncorp delivers again :thumbup:
Quite a run of wins you’re chalking up there. Was lucky to get to a game there last year, albeit Broncos v Souths. Quality stadium :thumbup:
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Bledisloe 4 - Good v. Evil - Stolen Oz/NZ match thread

Post by wamberal »

ABs were off the boil. We'll take the win, however.
Post Reply