What's a good, well priced tablet computer?

All things Rugby
message #2527204

Re: What's a good, well priced tablet computer?

Post by message #2527204 »

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:52 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:19 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 am Anyway, as it's a Christmas pressie and beggars can't be choosers, it has to be a cheap Tablet, we aren't all rich.

I'll use it for weekend surfing and streaming and on the odd journey at the most. I prefer laptops so I'll never use it for work. Ideally a Black Friday deal of some kind. How does something like this look?:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing ... 8-pdt.html
I think you'd need to get the tablet too - which isn't a cheap one.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing ... 2-pdt.html
:lol:. That price is alright
That;s not the price for the tablet you'd need for that keyboard you posted.
I knwo, hence the laughter.

Still I appear to be getting a refurbished iPad 6. Apple have knocked £90 off them so their £200 right now for 32GB.
Not sure why you don't go for the Samsung which is later generation, bigger screen, with better battery life and, importantly, expandable ( 20GB of useable memory on your iPad will be a pain in the arse very, very quickly, and even Apple recognised they couldn't sell that).
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Haven't read the thread. What's a decent mid range Android option? Half thinking of getting one for browsing etc. Reasonably happy to get a non-premium brand that's trusted.
Not getting Apple.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Nolanator wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 pm Haven't read the thread. What's a decent mid range Android option? Half thinking of getting one for browsing etc. Reasonably happy to get a non-premium brand that's trusted.
Not getting Apple.
Cheap twat.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Boo! :thumbdown:

Is a Galaxy note 10.1 any use for internet/streaming? They're going fairly cheap, but the specs are inferior to my phone, which itself is over 3 years old, so I'm a bit cautious.
SFBB

Post by SFBB »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am Boo! :thumbdown:

Is a Galaxy note 10.1 any use for internet/streaming? They're going fairly cheap, but the specs are inferior to my phone, which itself is over 3 years old, so I'm a bit cautious.
My partner got one from some course she did, and its shit. Shes a samsung phone user, and doesn't ever use the tablet. Also so is the Lenovo thing that appeared from somewhere. Neither get any use. I had an old ipad years ago that got much more use.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

SFBB wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:14 am
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am Boo! :thumbdown:

My partner got one from some course she did, and its shit. Shes a samsung phone user, and doesn't ever use the tablet. Also so is the Lenovo thing that appeared from somewhere. Neither get any use. I had an old ipad years ago that got much more use.
Sound. Confirms the way I was leaning. Fuckit, I don't actually need a tablet, was just looking for an excuse to spend money uneccesarily.
Sensible Stephen

Post by Sensible Stephen »

mr bungle wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:55 am
Android is a dogs breakfast. You can argue the toss about the pros and cons of Samsung vs iPhone handsets, but iPads are the best tablet going.
Lol, just rubbish.

A Samsung S5 or S6 is great.

Apple v Samsung tablet is just down to personal preference, same as the phones.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm
mr bungle wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:55 am
Android is a dogs breakfast. You can argue the toss about the pros and cons of Samsung vs iPhone handsets, but iPads are the best tablet going.
Lol, just rubbish.

A Samsung S5 or S6 is great.

Apple v Samsung tablet is just down to personal preference, same as the phones.
In the phones, Apple phones are easily built much better.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

was listening to a review of tablets yesterday and Samsung Galaxy Tab A at €179 sounded like clear winner ; apple are genius at making people spend 3 times the amount of cash for pretty much the same product (and I'm typing this on a MacBook !)....come on sheeple !
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I ended up getting a Galaxy S5e, purely on the basis of comparing price and stats. My 3 year old OnePlus 5 still has a bit more grunt, but the tablet doesn't look awful.
Saw some concerns about the screen refresh rate, but it's 60 Hz, like my phone, so figured it's not awful for general browsing/streaming. Decent resolution with the larger screen.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Nolanator wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 am I ended up getting a Galaxy S5e, purely on the basis of comparing price and stats. My 3 year old OnePlus 5 still has a bit more grunt, but the tablet doesn't look awful.
Saw some concerns about the screen refresh rate, but it's 60 Hz, like my phone, so figured it's not awful for general browsing/streaming. Decent resolution with the larger screen.
good choice. Tab A probably has a better battery life, but not the added security fingerprint scanner and stuff, but it won't need the 'grunt' of a phone.