End of Another Aura

All things Rugby
Zakar

Re: End of Another Aura

Post by Zakar »

Tehui wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:57 am Of all the PR 'neutrals' who love it when the ABs lose, you would make the top 5.
No one is a true neutral when the ABs play.

The Swedes may have been neutral, but they still wanted the Nazis to lose.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 am They were more convincing than England in the WC. Maybe they won't cum in their pants after and get spanked by a team the All Blacks regularly own a week later.
You mean the team that beat the All Blacks to the Rugby Championship the same year?
Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:25 am
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 am They were more convincing than England in the WC. Maybe they won't cum in their pants after and get spanked by a team the All Blacks regularly own a week later.
That's the spirit :lol:
:lol:
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

mr bungle wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:09 am
Insane_Homer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am Are NZ now the worst WC Bronze medalists ever?
Not quite yet. Boks came 3rd in 2015 then lost to Pumas and Italy the next season :lol:

Edit: and Wales and NZ and Australia and NZ and England.
The recent failures of the All Blacks hurts you hard. So hard.
I pity you.
Have you thought of going to see a professional for help?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

It’s been a good ride New Zealand. Thanks for the memories.

Basketball rugby and brittle defence not up to it anymore. The mantle of Eazy Rugby has definitely passed south. The skillz still excellent.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

I called this months ago.

The All Blacks are done. Shot. Kaput.

They got far too excited about beating a terrible Wobblies team. Truth be told, the Bledisloe is now a third tier competition.

:thumbdown:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

YOYO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:13 pm It’s been a good ride New Zealand. Thanks for the memories.

Basketball rugby and brittle defence not up to it anymore. The mantle of Eazy Rugby has definitely passed south.
Quoted for when the kiwis inevitably smash everyone else over this RWC cycle more often than not,
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm
YOYO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:13 pm It’s been a good ride New Zealand. Thanks for the memories.

Basketball rugby and brittle defence not up to it anymore. The mantle of Eazy Rugby has definitely passed south.
Quoted for when the kiwis inevitably smash everyone else over this RWC cycle more often than not,
I didn’t say that New Zealand rugby can’t turn it around within the next 5 odd years.

A few teams out there have their number now.
(I may or maybe not be partially bluffing with above statement)
Last edited by YOYO on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm I called this months ago.

They got far too excited about beating a terrible Wobblies team. Truth be told, the Bledisloe is now a third tier competition.

Their not done. They just are not the team out in front on their own like they were 2004-2015, they are perhaps at early 2000's level before a truly special generation of players came through, probably the team producing the most best players, certainly in terms of depth, but certainly not always so they are superior to their competitions best XVs each match. ALso the depth of competition has improved.
Last edited by eldanielfire on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

YOYO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm

I didn’t say that New Zealand rugby can’t turn it around within the next 5 odd years.

A few teams out there have their number now.
They have lost to a few teams. But when bothered they still smashed Australia by a record and can do against the argies. But when it matters not many teams are winning consistently against them in key games.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Their not done. They just are not the team out in front on their own like they were 2004-2015, they are perhaps at early 2000's level before a truly special generation of players came through, probably the team producing the most best players, certainly in terms of depth, but certainly not always so they are superior to their competitions best XVs each match. ALso the depth of competition has improved.
They're finished, old bean.

This was their Stalingrad.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

They are all asleep DD but that should get a few bites later on
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Big Nipper wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:59 am
tubbyj wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:58 am Good to see you England supporters back enjoying your rugby again. I know deep down you boys were ashamed of the way England got owned by SA in that final. Its good you can feign indifference a year later and take some comfort from NZ struggles.
:lol: :lol:

Will he go for the turkey?
Never mind the turkey, I think he's going for the meat tray!
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

This is a keeper for future reference :lol:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

It is a wondrous thing to see how few Kiwis can handle the Jandal when the ABs lose.

It's not like you are actually playing personally
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 am It is a wondrous thing to see how few Kiwis can handle the Jandal when the ABs lose.

I don’t think you understand how little it hurts. There will be a majority of Kiwis very happy for the Argentines. While also wanting to get Foster and do to shape up or ship out. These threads are just putting the ‘neutrals’ back in their box.

You’re right, we don’t play. Nor take it that personally. That’s why we aren’t out in force combing the streets looking for Argentine manufactured vehicles to firebomb.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

mr bungle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:55 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 am It is a wondrous thing to see how few Kiwis can handle the Jandal when the ABs lose.

I don’t think you understand how little it hurts. There will be a majority of Kiwis very happy for the Argentines. While also wanting to get Foster and do to shape up or ship out. These threads are just putting the ‘neutrals’ back in their box.

You’re right, we don’t play. Nor take it that personally. That’s why we aren’t out in force combing the streets looking for Argentine manufactured vehicles to firebomb.
Have more disingenuous words ever been typed here. There's always very defensive posts when New Zealand loses. There was a reason why kiwis were called precious so often and for so many years on this board where All Black losses are concerned. Not just here, all over the place the same defensive "how dare you talk about your team/or celebrate another team" comments pop-up. The idea your country men are all about being happy for Argentina is not exactly true. The board always comes together when underdogs win, somehow you and others take issue with that when ever it is the All Blacks who are 99% never the underdogs.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I'd say most Kiwis are aiming their vitriol at their own coach rather than any other supporters.

I don't know anyone who disagrees with the fact the Argies were full value for the win.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:06 am I'd say most Kiwis are aiming their vitriol at their own coach rather than any other supporters.

I don't know anyone who disagrees with the fact the Argies were full value for the win.
Sorry to be that guy but it does come across as incredibly infantile

You're happy to take the kudos when you (invariably) win yet lose your shit at everything when you lose
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:11 am
jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:06 am I'd say most Kiwis are aiming their vitriol at their own coach rather than any other supporters.

You're happy to take the kudos when you (invariably) win yet lose your shit at everything when you lose
It's justified when the team underperforms and you see it in every sport, in every country.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction on your part, tbh. It's not like Foster has some great credit rating as a coach. He was a mediocre Super Rugby coach then an assistant in a successful period and as a head coach the AB's have only had one genuinely good performance in 5 tests. People aren't turning on him from one loss, they were sceptical of his abilities and disagreed with the appointment process.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 am

It's justified when the team underperforms and you see it in every sport, in every country.
Not to the same exent - it's a blind spot for Kiwis - look, we get it, you're team has done extremely well for decades.

Sometimes you have to lose though.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:17 am

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction on your part, tbh. It's not like Foster has some great credit rating as a coach. He was a mediocre Super Rugby coach then an assistant in a successful period and as a head coach the AB's have only had one genuinely good performance in 5 tests. People aren't turning on him from one loss, they were sceptical of his abilities and disagreed with the appointment process.
Blaming the coach is one thing, but don't you have the best players?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:49 am

Not to the same exent - it's a blind spot for Kiwis - look, we get it, you're team has done extremely well for decades.

You seem to be on a bit of a trolling expedition this arvo.

As I noted earlier, we can handle the odd loss.

It was the manner of the loss that was disconcerting. Outmuscled and loads of silly mistakes.

People are rightly frustrated and the coach is copping it because his side appear to be less than the sum of their parts.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:50 am
Blaming the coach is one thing, but don't you have the best players?
Not sure what you're getting at.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:56 am

It was the manner of the loss that was disconcerting. Outmuscled and loads of silly mistakes.

People are rightly frustrated and the coach is copping it because his side appear to be less than the sum of their parts.
I'm not trolling at all - the blind-spot thing has been brought up many times on here.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:05 am
mr bungle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:55 am

Have more disingenuous words ever been typed here. There's always very defensive posts when New Zealand loses. There was a reason why kiwis were called precious so often and for so many years on this board where All Black losses are concerned. Not just here, all over the place the same defensive "how dare you talk about your team/or celebrate another team" comments pop-up. The idea your country men are all about being happy for Argentina is not exactly true. The board always comes together when underdogs win, somehow you and others take issue with that when ever it is the All Blacks who are 99% never the underdogs.
Disingenuous, please. It’s the gloating neutrals that don’t help. It’s fun to point out to a gloating Saffer that they finished 3rd then proceeded to lose to Argentina, Italy and 5 other teams the next season. No one has an issue with anyone celebrating this win. Many Kiwis are, not out of spite for their coach, but with genuine good will for the Argentines. I am yet to talk to any NZer in NZ who has anything but praise for the way the Pumas played.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

He's clearly not trolling, but try to see that it's not the first time it's been brought up how New Zealanders take losses. Every team rips their coaches in bad periods but their is a sourness and 'how dare you' tone to a lot of the interaction. An entitlement shines through. And yeah, sure there are some fans who are out to troll. That's against every team though. It seems mostly seem very self-unaware about how you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.

*You/your isn't referring to you specifically or even at all.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Are we NZers not allowed to call out a coach who clearly isn't good enough now?

A coach we've all been saying for months isn't good enough because we've actually been following his coaching for years?

Odd.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

No one is belittling this win. No one I know did likewise to the smashing England gave us last year, nor the Irish wins.

We even collectively handled that abortion of a final Lions game remarkably better than the 4 nations would have were the boot on the other foot.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:10 am

He's clearly not trolling, but try to see that it's not the first time it's been brought up how New Zealanders take losses. Every team rips their coaches in bad periods but their is a sourness and 'how dare you' tone to a lot of the interaction. An entitlement shines through. And yeah, sure there are some fans who are out to troll. That's against every team though. It seems mostly seem very self-unaware about how you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.

*You/your isn't referring to you specifically or even at all.
I'd say that's a generalisation, but I do concede there's some terrible sports out there.

One thing I would say in respect of the reactions is that while it's natural for neutrals to support the underdog, and NZ is almost never the underdog, there's also a strong undercurrent of genuine antipathy towards NZ from a lot of 'neutrals'. McCaw is cheat, POB is a cheat etc. Look at the difference in the reaction to the 07 1/4 reffing performance and Joubert in 2011 for instance.

So while I'll concede there's some bad sports from NZ out there who over-react to losses, there's also a lot of Kiwis who put up with copping juvenile shit from idiots after every win which might contribute to their attitude towards opposition fans.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

mr bungle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:14 am
We even collectively handled that abortion of a final Lions game remarkably better than the 4 nations would have were the boot on the other foot.
Oh man, I can't even begin to imagine the tsunami of shit that would have hit the fan if the roles were reversed there.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 am
So while I'll concede there's some bad sports from NZ out there who over-react to losses, there's also a lot of Kiwis who put up with copping juvenile shit from idiots after every win which might contribute to their attitude towards opposition fans.
Both Eldan and I are England Supporters - are you honestly saying you've not had a good gloat, in a non-judgmental way, when England lost? :proud:
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.
What a crock of shit. I haven't seen anything but congratulations posted about the Pumas. No whingeing about the ref either.

People ARE pissed off with the ABs effort, but that takes nothing away from the Pumas well deserved victory.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:20 am
Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 am
Both Eldan and I are England Supporters - are you honestly saying you've not had a good gloat, in a non-judgmental way, when England lost? :proud:
Other than AB v England tests, probably not. But I was actually talking about the constant shit talking even when NZ are winning. I mean, I recall Wallaby fans moaning about that try ruled out for interference on Savea as being a big deal when they lost that match by 27 points or some shit.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

obelixtim wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:22 am
you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.
What a crock of shit. I haven't seen anything but congratulations posted about the Pumas. No whingeing about the ref either.

People ARE pissed off with the ABs effort, but that takes nothing away from the Pumas well deserved victory.
Plenty of shit aimed at the ref in the match thread.

Kiwi losses are generally reflected on the bored in various stages.

We are in the Reluctant Acceptance stage which is a mix of "bound to happen" and "most of us are just happy for the Pumas, bro" comments.

Soon the Gloating on Past Victories stage will take over closely followed by the Point the Finger stage which is typically directed at one or two escaped goats (the coach, a player who made a few mistakes or the ref...sometimes all three).
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

You'd have to be the Donald Trump of rugby supporters to claim the Argies were not full value for the win.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:37 am

Kiwi losses are generally reflected on the bored in various stages.

We are in the Reluctant Acceptance stage which is a mix of "bound to happen" and "most of us are just happy for the Pumas, bro" comments.

Soon the Gloating on Past Victories stage will take over closely followed by the Point the Finger stage which is typically directed at one or two escaped goats (the coach, a player who made a few mistakes or the ref...sometimes all three).
You guys get stuck into your coach and players pre, during and post match and get the whinge on real quick whilst firing up the PowerPoint.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

There was shit aimed at Gardner cause he made some shitty calls during the match, that's a long way from blaming the result on the ref.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 am

There was shit aimed at Gardner cause he made some shitty calls during the match, that's a long way from blaming the result on the ref.
I haven’t seen a negative comment about the reffing post match.