End of Another Aura

All things Rugby
Thomas

Re: End of Another Aura

Post by Thomas »

mr bungle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:46 am You guys get stuck into your coach and players pre, during and post match and get the whinge on real quick whilst firing up the PowerPoint.
Nah.

We're always in the Our Team is So Shit stage.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:56 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:49 am
jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:11 am
jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:06 am I'd say most Kiwis are aiming their vitriol at their own coach rather than any other supporters.

I don't know anyone who disagrees with the fact the Argies were full value for the win.
Sorry to be that guy but it does come across as incredibly infantile

You're happy to take the kudos when you (invariably) win yet lose your shit at everything when you lose
It's justified when the team underperforms and you see it in every sport, in every country.
Not to the same exent - it's a blind spot for Kiwis - look, we get it, you're team has done extremely well for decades.

Sometimes you have to lose though.
You seem to be on a bit of a trolling expedition this arvo.

As I noted earlier, we can handle the odd loss.

It was the manner of the loss that was disconcerting. Outmuscled and loads of silly mistakes.

People are rightly frustrated and the coach is copping it because his side appear to be less than the sum of their parts.
And because it was so damned predictable. NOthing of which takes away from a stonking performance by the Pumas.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Kiwias wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:03 am And because it was so damned predictable. NOthing of which takes away from a stonking performance by the Pumas.
They were the better side but their performance wasn't that good. Didn't need to be
brat

Post by brat »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:05 am
mr bungle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:55 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 am It is a wondrous thing to see how few Kiwis can handle the Jandal when the ABs lose.

It's not like you are actually playing personally
I don’t think you understand how little it hurts. There will be a majority of Kiwis very happy for the Argentines. While also wanting to get Foster and do to shape up or ship out. These threads are just putting the ‘neutrals’ back in their box.

You’re right, we don’t play. Nor take it that personally. That’s why we aren’t out in force combing the streets looking for Argentine manufactured vehicles to firebomb.
Have more disingenuous words ever been typed here. There's always very defensive posts when New Zealand loses. There was a reason why kiwis were called precious so often and for so many years on this board where All Black losses are concerned. Not just here, all over the place the same defensive "how dare you talk about your team/or celebrate another team" comments pop-up. The idea your country men are all about being happy for Argentina is not exactly true. The board always comes together when underdogs win, somehow you and others take issue with that when ever it is the All Blacks who are 99% never the underdogs.
I think both you and mat the expat have a strange dated perception of the Nz rugby public now

If your sample population is social media and alike- that’s a big part of the problem
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 am
Kiwias wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:03 am And because it was so damned predictable. NOthing of which takes away from a stonking performance by the Pumas.
They were the better side but their performance wasn't that good. Didn't need to be
Feel good?

Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Kiwias wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:39 am
Feel good?

I'm just telling it as it is. No point pretending the Argies raised their game to beat a Kiwi side that performed well. The Argies tackled well but were toothless in attack and the kiwis were full of unforced errors.

Kiwis if you want an honest opinion of your teams performance you can always count on me to level with you :thumbup:
usermame

Post by usermame »

Fine by me. I think I prefer the finding redemption narrative to follow to the next RWC rather than the peaked too early trope. That one's so old.
I can see some awesomely redemptive games coming up. Woo hoo.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

usermame wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:08 am Fine by me. I think I prefer the finding redemption narrative to follow to the next RWC rather than the peaked too early trope. That one's so old.
I can see some awesomely redemptive games coming up. Woo hoo.
I mean, it is kind of interesting how these sorts of matches become much more important in retrospect when NZ lose.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

brat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:35 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 am It is a wondrous thing to see how few Kiwis can handle the Jandal when the ABs lose.

I don’t think you understand how little it hurts. There will be a majority of Kiwis very happy for the Argentines. While also wanting to get Foster and do to shape up or ship out. These threads are just putting the ‘neutrals’ back in their box.

You’re right, we don’t play. Nor take it that personally. That’s why we aren’t out in force combing the streets looking for Argentine manufactured vehicles to firebomb.
Have more disingenuous words ever been typed here. There's always very defensive posts when New Zealand loses. There was a reason why kiwis were called precious so often and for so many years on this board where All Black losses are concerned. Not just here, all over the place the same defensive "how dare you talk about your team/or celebrate another team" comments pop-up. The idea your country men are all about being happy for Argentina is not exactly true. The board always comes together when underdogs win, somehow you and others take issue with that when ever it is the All Blacks who are 99% never the underdogs.
I think both you and mat the expat have a strange dated perception of the Nz rugby public now

If your sample population is social media and alike- that’s a big part of the problem
Absolutely. The responses to this game seem to be a carbon copy of those to the Japan v SA upset in the 2015 RWC. Respectful congratulations from supporters of the upset favourites, and an absolute pile on by the "neutrals".

Lets face it. Supporters of teams NZ has traditionally dominated were always going to be all over a result like this.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:10 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:11 am

Sorry to be that guy but it does come across as incredibly infantile

You're happy to take the kudos when you (invariably) win yet lose your shit at everything when you lose
It's justified when the team underperforms and you see it in every sport, in every country.
Not to the same exent - it's a blind spot for Kiwis - look, we get it, you're team has done extremely well for decades.

It was the manner of the loss that was disconcerting. Outmuscled and loads of silly mistakes.

People are rightly frustrated and the coach is copping it because his side appear to be less than the sum of their parts.
He's clearly not trolling, but try to see that it's not the first time it's been brought up how New Zealanders take losses. Every team rips their coaches in bad periods but their is a sourness and 'how dare you' tone to a lot of the interaction. An entitlement shines through. And yeah, sure there are some fans who are out to troll. That's against every team though. It seems mostly seem very self-unaware about how you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.

*You/your isn't referring to you specifically or even at all.
You are a long way away so perhaps it is understandable that the nuance of the matter seems to be repeatedly flying over your head.

I'll repeat. It is not the fact NZ lost that sticks in Kiwi supporters' craw.

It is the manner of the loss. Basic mistakes, getting beaten at the breakdown. Very uncharacteristic All Black errors.

That's what has upset NZ fans. Yet despite that, they have still found time to congratulate Argentina on a great win. Their passion contributed to those All Black errors.

Kiwi fans have congratulated the Argies but heavily criticised their own team and coach. That's an entirely understandable reaction.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:57 am

He's clearly not trolling, but try to see that it's not the first time it's been brought up how New Zealanders take losses. Every team rips their coaches in bad periods but their is a sourness and 'how dare you' tone to a lot of the interaction. An entitlement shines through. And yeah, sure there are some fans who are out to troll. That's against every team though. It seems mostly seem very self-unaware about how you belittle every other teams win and fans getting behind underdog wins when it's against yours. It's not even just PR where we will see this either.

You are a long way away so perhaps it is understandable that the nuance of the matter seems to be repeatedly flying over your head.

It is the manner of the loss. Basic mistakes, getting beaten at the breakdown. Very uncharacteristic All Black errors.

That's what has upset NZ fans. Yet despite that, they have still found time to congratulate Argentina on a great win. Their passion contributed to those All Black errors.

Kiwi fans have congratulated the Argies but heavily criticised their own team and coach. That's an entirely understandable reaction.
Congratulating Argentina on a great win is pathetic. Especially when in the next breath you quite rightly slag off your team for it's shit performance.

Argentina were not great.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:07 am

Congratulating Argentina on a great win is pathetic. Especially when in the next breath you quite rightly slag off your team for it's shit performance.

Aspects of Argentina's performance were certainly great. Their defence was great. Their kicking was generally great. Their attack was not so great. But it was enough.

And, against an out of sorts New Zealand, they bagged a fantastic win.

To say that was not a great win by Argentina is patently false. Take a quick glance at the world rugby media if you dare disagree.
brat

Post by brat »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:49 am
brat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:35 am

Absolutely. The responses to this game seem to be a carbon copy of those to the Japan v SA upset in the 2015 RWC. Respectful congratulations from supporters of the upset favourites, and an absolute pile on by the "neutrals".

Lets face it. Supporters of teams NZ has traditionally dominated were always going to be all over a result like this.
Yep he's either trolling or in a weird parallel universe from yesteryear
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

The salty Kiwi tears here are so yummy
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Big Nipper wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:29 am The salty Kiwi tears here are so yummy
No tears Nipper. Just valid criticism of our own coaching regime.

It could be worse of course. We could be playing no rugby at all like you guys.
Last edited by jdogscoop on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Ho ho, what nonsense. We're always gracious, nobody takes a loss better than All Black supporters. After all, it's just a game.

*adds "eldanielfire" to list*
GotheCanes

Post by GotheCanes »

Don't you get sick of trolling? You seemed to spend all your time on here
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Farva wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 am
Insane_Homer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am Are NZ now the worst WC Bronze medalists ever?
South Africa must be the worst winners of all time. Over a year now and haven’t won a game since.
I call that unbeaten
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Kiwias wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:39 am
Feel good?

You can set your watch to the trolling of NZ after a loss on the board. It’s the bright spot of many people’s lives in here, let em have it I say. :lol: :roll:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Kudos for the thread title :thumbup:
tubbyj

Post by tubbyj »

Yes it was a great performance by Argentina. They were magnificent in defense as well as tactically. The difference is NZ supporters expect our team to be able to absorb a great performance and still overcome and break the heart of the opposition team. We consistently produce alot of great coaches so expect the All Blacks to be the best coached team in the world. We have high expectations and long may that continue.
tubbyj

Post by tubbyj »

It is a shame South Africa didn't turn up to give a better gauge on the level the Rugby Championship teams are currently at.

However, even the most optimistic Bok supporter must realize it is unlikely they would have gone unbeaten if they did come. Better Bok teams that the one that won the World Cup last year have struggled outside the republic in this competition. Especially as they would not have Rassie Erasmus as coach anymore.

The key point there being the coach does make a big difference as Erasmus showed with SA and Jones showed with England, Gatland with Wales and Schmidt with Ireland.

For those from other countries defending Foster ask yourself this. How would you feel if NZ dump Foster at the end of the year and he then takes over as head coach of your countries team? Would you be happy about that?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

tubbyj wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:03 am

Yes it was a great performance by Argentina. They were magnificent in defense as well as tactically. The difference is NZ supporters expect our team to be able to absorb a great performance and still overcome and break the heart of the opposition team. We consistently produce alot of great coaches so expect the All Blacks to be the best coached team in the world. We have high expectations and long may that continue.
kiwis were ponderous and did not stress the defence. Watch and learn from Australia
Salient

Post by Salient »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:29 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:23 pm
MrDominator wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 pm I called this months ago.

The All Blacks are done. Shot. Kaput.

They got far too excited about beating a terrible Wobblies team. Truth be told, the Bledisloe is now a third tier competition.

:thumbdown:
Their not done. They just are not the team out in front on their own like they were 2004-2015, they are perhaps at early 2000's level before a truly special generation of players came through, probably the team producing the most best players, certainly in terms of depth, but certainly not always so they are superior to their competitions best XVs each match. ALso the depth of competition has improved.
They're finished, old bean.

This was their Stalingrad.
If it helps you sleep at night safe in the knowledge that no one will see through your rather transparent bait. On the bright side you get to continue the line till some sort of sanity returns to those supposedly leading rugby in NZ. Have already written off the next world cup and can't wait to see which total unsuccessful replacement they come up with next.
handyman

Post by handyman »

Farva wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 am
Insane_Homer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am Are NZ now the worst WC Bronze medalists ever?
South Africa must be the worst winners of all time. Over a year now and haven’t won a game since.
Yes! Keep on keeping on.
handyman

Post by handyman »

tubbyj wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:34 am It is a shame South Africa didn't turn up to give a better gauge on the level the Rugby Championship teams are currently at.

However, even the most optimistic Bok supporter must realize it is unlikely they would have gone unbeaten if they did come. Better Bok teams that the one that won the World Cup last year have struggled outside the republic in this competition. Especially as they would not have Rassie Erasmus as coach anymore.

The key point there being the coach does make a big difference as Erasmus showed with SA and Jones showed with England, Gatland with Wales and Schmidt with Ireland.

For those from other countries defending Foster ask yourself this. How would you feel if NZ dump Foster at the end of the year and he then takes over as head coach of your countries team? Would you be happy about that?
Covid ended our hopes of playing in TRC, but even as a huge fan of the Boks, I don't think we would have gone unbeaten. The way Arg played last weekend, they might have beaten us as well.