All Blacks. Just a slump? Or...

All things Rugby
Zakar

Re: All Blacks. Just a slump? Or...

Post by Zakar »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:33 am
Zakar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 am
terangi48 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 am AB's in a slump? Nah......the rest of the world has caught up as the game has widened it's opportunities for player and coaching contracts offshore.

......also, the 2008 to 2015 AB's were exceptional all round the team.......key player retirements were not repaced with the same quality.

We were the No 1 team........and deserved to be.......and the world rankings have us in our true current position......and may fall more yet.

You can only play with the cattle you have.........our backs are as good.......our pack is a lesser bunch that the 2008 - 2015 group.

.........but don't worry.....it's cyclic......and it's someone elses turn to be the dominant force.

We'll be back......
There is no way your backs are as good now as they were in 2015.

9. Smith = Smith
10. Carter > Mounga
11. Savea > Clarke
12. Nonu > Goodhue
13. Smith > ALB
14. NMS = J Barrett
15. Smith = B Barrett

2015 NMS was way better than Jordie Barrett.
TBH I think Smith was a better FB than spongebob, I was just being generous to the current mob.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Zakar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:42 am
Jay Cee Gee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:33 am
Zakar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 am
terangi48 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 am AB's in a slump? Nah......the rest of the world has caught up as the game has widened it's opportunities for player and coaching contracts offshore.

......also, the 2008 to 2015 AB's were exceptional all round the team.......key player retirements were not repaced with the same quality.

We were the No 1 team........and deserved to be.......and the world rankings have us in our true current position......and may fall more yet.

You can only play with the cattle you have.........our backs are as good.......our pack is a lesser bunch that the 2008 - 2015 group.

.........but don't worry.....it's cyclic......and it's someone elses turn to be the dominant force.

We'll be back......
There is no way your backs are as good now as they were in 2015.

9. Smith = Smith
10. Carter > Mounga
11. Savea > Clarke
12. Nonu > Goodhue
13. Smith > ALB
14. NMS = J Barrett
15. Smith = B Barrett

2015 NMS was way better than Jordie Barrett.
TBH I think Smith was a better FB than spongebob, I was just being generous to the current mob.

Yeah that's fair.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Sonny Blount wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:32 am I think being a captain is a terrifically hard job to do and being a flanker is one of the hardest positions to play. Imagine busting your gut being a physical menace all over the field and having to make leadership decisions. I think it's kind of why the best captains in the world are from the tight five. All they have to do is hit people and put their head in dark places.
4 world cups have been won by captains playing flanker
2 by half backs
2 by locks
1 by a hooker

Ergo flankers make the best captains.
1987 half back
1991 half back
1995 flanker
1999 lock
2003 lock
2007 hooker
2011 flanker
2015 flanker
2019 flanker

You're right! I was struggling to remember the 4th flanker. Also I was thinking Fitzy had won in 87 but of course it was Kirk.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Agreed, NMS did not have an exceptional career and that confuses things when looking back. But in 2015 he was in peak form and did far better in the black jersey than Jordie ever has. I think Jordie has every chance of being a better career all black though.

Edit: took too long to respond, obviously referring to the NMS comparison.
SilverGrin

Post by SilverGrin »

Zakar wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 pm
SilverGrin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:07 am Well, it's true.

I've never seen a loss where most kiwi fans say 'yeah we played well but were beaten by the better team' its always about a poor ABs performance.
You're full of shit.

Everybody I've spoken to agrees the ABs were beaten by the better team and the Argie defence, tactics and physicality was top drawer.
Same thing for the last Wallaby game.

But do carry on poring over your rugby sites til you find the inevitable boorish Kiwi dickhead and !ump us all together like that shitty article further up the page.

Jesus there are some wankers about.
:lol:

Poring over, it's harder to not find them. Considered reasonable kiwi fans exist, but they are in the absolute minority on social media.
So you do go looking for them. If it's not to get your undies all bunched up then wtf is the point? After a game, reading comments from oppo fans is the last thing I read.
If I want the thoughts of opinionated, bigoted wankers with no knowledge of the game I read PR.