England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

Who?
Ennnngggggeeeerrrrrrland
versus

Oireland
Where?
Image

When?
Saturday, November 21st. Kick off at 1500.

Referee
Image

Where can I watch this cripple fight?
Live on Amazon Prime, Channel 4 and RTÉ

What should I eat/drink for it?
A nice cup of tea and a few chocolate orange hobnobs

What should I do after the game?
I dunno, maybe head out for a walk or something until dinner time

What should I then have for dinner?
I fancy some Ramen style takeaway but a curry is good too. No chipper though - it's instantly regrettable.
Last edited by feckwanker on Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backrow
Posts: 22410
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by backrow »

Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What would you like us to call it? A chippie? x(
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What word do you use?
User avatar
openclashXX
Posts: 15201
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by openclashXX »

Ireland battle-hardened from games against France and Wales
vs
England barely tested in games against teams ranked 12th and 16th

Ireland strong favourites
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17668
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Flametop »

openclashXX wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:52 pm Ireland battle-hardened from games against France and Wales
vs
England barely tested in games against teams ranked 12th and 16th

Ireland strong favourites
With Murray at 10 you know we can’t lose.

:thumbup:
backrow
Posts: 22410
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by backrow »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What word do you use?
2 words, chip shop

A chipper is a gardening power tool , or an adjective to describe my mood 99.9% of the time
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:56 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What word do you use?
2 words, chip shop

A chipper is a gardening power tool , or an adjective to describe my mood 99.9% of the time
A wood chipper you mean?
Nolanator
Posts: 38839
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Nolanator »

Excellent work on the OP. :thumbup:
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:49 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What would you like us to call it? A chippie? x(
That's what Nordies use. Some English types do, but don't think it's as widespread.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 34138
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by EverReady »

They serve peas is chip shops. We understandably decided on a different name
backrow
Posts: 22410
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by backrow »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:58 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:56 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What word do you use?
2 words, chip shop

A chipper is a gardening power tool , or an adjective to describe my mood 99.9% of the time
A wood chipper you mean?
No, a metal and stones & small rodent chipper
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

openclashXX wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:52 pm Ireland battle-hardened from games against France and Wales
vs
England barely tested in games against teams ranked 12th and 16th

Ireland strong favourites
I'll answer this one honestly before going back to trolling:

I think we can stop Billy if we start Conners. He tackles very low.
We have no answer to Itoje. He's going to make hay again
England will target our scrum and will dominate
England are likely to disrupt our lineout
England's backs are crap. I'm not worried about that
England figured out our box kicking game 2 years ago by putting lazy runners in the way. That's the only way we can get territory over England as we're not going to go through or around them

All in all set piece dominance wins the match. Advantage England. I'll be happy if we can stop England's ball carriers and maul.

Prediction England by 15
Nolanator
Posts: 38839
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Nolanator »

It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
It's going to be a long afternoon methinks, and it won't be (primarily) Byrne's fault.
Nolanator
Posts: 38839
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Nolanator »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
With Murray for guidance/experience. All the defenders will ignore 9 and 10, knowing that they have absolutely no physical threat, and Aki/Farrell will take turns getting mashed man and ball.
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:07 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
With Murray for guidance/experience. All the defenders will ignore 9 and 10, knowing that they have absolutely no physical threat, and Aki/Farrell will take turns getting mashed man and ball.
I think Murray will box kick and if the options are run at the English rush defense off slow ball and on the back foot or box kick, he needs to go with the latter
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40408
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Anonymous 1 »

How long have chocolate orange Hobnobs been a thing. I love Hobnobs and orange biscuits. This sounds amazing. It's like that scene in its a mad mad world where they are all looking for the big w and it's right there hidden in plain sight.
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 29341
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Mullet 2 »

This must be how the Christians felt
Nolanator
Posts: 38839
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Nolanator »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm How long have chocolate orange Hobnobs been a thing. I love Hobnobs and orange biscuits. This sounds amazing. It's like that scene in its a mad mad world where they are all looking for the big w and it's right there hidden in plain sight.
This discussion has me more excited than the prospects of the actual rugby match. :thumbup:
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37477
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:07 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
With Murray for guidance/experience. All the defenders will ignore 9 and 10, knowing that they have absolutely no physical threat, and Aki/Farrell will take turns getting mashed man and ball.
Just throw Casey and Healy in. Sink or swim
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 pm This must be how the Christians felt
:lol:
At least the pressure is off as we know we're in for a spanking.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm How long have chocolate orange Hobnobs been a thing. I love Hobnobs and orange biscuits. This sounds amazing. It's like that scene in its a mad mad world where they are all looking for the big w and it's right there hidden in plain sight.
This discussion has me more excited than the prospects of the actual rugby match. :thumbup:
I think they're limited edition. Sometimes they do orange, sometimes they do caramel.

I do agree though - chocolate orange is the best combo.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17668
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Flametop »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:07 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
With Murray for guidance/experience. All the defenders will ignore 9 and 10, knowing that they have absolutely no physical threat, and Aki/Farrell will take turns getting mashed man and ball.
Just throw Casey and Healy in. Sink or swim
Murray to start at 10, JGP to get subbed off when Murray shits the bed and gets put to 9, Ross on to get the blame for the rest of the match when we are 20 pints down already.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

Flametop wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:22 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:07 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm It should be mentioned that Ireland will be without Sexton and there's an excellent chance of seeing Murray playing outhalf at some point. :lol:
Ross will start i reckon
With Murray for guidance/experience. All the defenders will ignore 9 and 10, knowing that they have absolutely no physical threat, and Aki/Farrell will take turns getting mashed man and ball.
Just throw Casey and Healy in. Sink or swim
Murray to start at 10, JGP to get subbed off when Murray shits the bed and gets put to 9, Ross on to get the blame for the rest of the match when we are 20 pints down already.
That'll certainly help soften the blow anyway.
User avatar
terryfinch
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by terryfinch »

I was feeling very confident going into this game. However the news that Sexton is out means we might well now lose. He is an ar*ehole who makes the entire Ireland squad miserable so not having him will make our job incredibly challenging.

Ireland by 7.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 34138
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by EverReady »

Tesco do a Belgian Chocolate biscuit that nearly makes up for being English.
User avatar
MrDominator
Posts: 4407
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by MrDominator »

Let's hope Paddy shows a bit of pluck and moral fibre this time.

Two very poor showings on the last couple of visits to HQ.

:thumbdown:
Nolanator
Posts: 38839
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Nolanator »

I was going to ask; and what about on the scoreboard?
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

terryfinch wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm I was feeling very confident going into this game. However the news that Sexton is out means we might well now lose. He is an ar*ehole who makes the entire Ireland squad miserable so not having him will make our job incredibly challenging.

Ireland by 7.
:?
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 19962
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by nardol »

terryfinch wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm I was feeling very confident going into this game. However the news that Sexton is out means we might well now lose. He is an ar*ehole who makes the entire Ireland squad miserable so not having him will make our job incredibly challenging.

Ireland by 7.
The English itoji so
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 18229
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by YOYO »

backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:56 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What word do you use?
2 words, chip shop

A chipper is a gardening power tool , or an adjective to describe my mood 99.9% of the time
Chip shop. :lol: :lol: It’s take away or chipper.
By the way, we don’t use the term curry house here either. Hope you can deal with that.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

I worked with an English guy once who went up to the bar of a pub we were in in rural Donegal and said "Landlord, can I have 3 pints please?".

You could hear a pin drop.
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 18229
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by YOYO »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm I worked with an English guy once who went up to the bar of a pub we were in in rural Donegal and said "Landlord, can I have 3 pints please?".

You could hear a pin drop.
:lol: :lol: Just like the Rovers Return in Coronation Street. That lad would want to get his bearings right. Also surprised he got a around in.
Last edited by YOYO on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40408
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Anonymous 1 »

nardol wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:31 pm
terryfinch wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm I was feeling very confident going into this game. However the news that Sexton is out means we might well now lose. He is an ar*ehole who makes the entire Ireland squad miserable so not having him will make our job incredibly challenging.

Ireland by 7.
The English itoji so
Pretty Sure you are correct and Itoji is the English Itoji
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by feckwanker »

YOYO wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm I worked with an English guy once who went up to the bar of a pub we were in in rural Donegal and said "Landlord, can I have 3 pints please?".

You could hear a pin drop.
:lol: :lol: Just like in Coronation Street. Also surprised he got a around in.
He was generous enough to be fair to him.
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 18229
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by YOYO »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 pm
YOYO wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm I worked with an English guy once who went up to the bar of a pub we were in in rural Donegal and said "Landlord, can I have 3 pints please?".

You could hear a pin drop.
:lol: :lol: Just like in Coronation Street. Also surprised he got a around in.
He was generous enough to be fair to him.
The silence of the pub must have helped him loosen up the purse strings of his wallet.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40408
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by Anonymous 1 »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm I worked with an English guy once who went up to the bar of a pub we were in in rural Donegal and said "Landlord, can I have 3 pints please?".

You could hear a pin drop.
:roll:
iarmhiman
Posts: 41406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by iarmhiman »

Surprised he didn't say "Landlord......pint of the black stuff"
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 30495
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: England v Ireland, Sat Nov 21st, KO @ 1500

Post by eldanielfire »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:00 pm Excellent work on the OP. :thumbup:
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:49 pm
backrow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm Paddies using the word chipper :thumbdown:
What would you like us to call it? A chippie? x(
That's what Nordies use. Some English types do, but don't think it's as widespread.
It is.
Post Reply