U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

All things Rugby
piquant

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by piquant »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm
Jensrsa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:35 pm Last Week in the Republican Party - Sept 14, 2021

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only in America can these people be taken seriously
Stephen Colbert did a monologue the other night on the Ruddy speech commemorating 9/11 ; and by commemorating I mean joke about yourself being a paedo etc, whatever gets the laughs - he then went on to admit that he might have had a drink and then explained and re explained that he was no in fact an alcoholic - it was fcukin bizarre - it was almost like teh time orange shitgibbon was trying to explain a negative covid test result for himself but couldn't bring himself to say the word negative when talking about himself (is there anyone else these fcukers talk about?)
I had a drink, I didn't have a drink, I had one drink, I had two drinks but only because I like cigars, the 2nd whisky was watered down, I might not have finished it.

Just weird, slurring 16 year olds trying to sneak in after midnight have done a better job convincing their mums they haven't been drinking.

Also if you're the sort of old man to reach into your trousers to show what you think is a 15 year old girl your todger, then maybe claim you were pissed as a newt, it's actually worse if you're sober to behave like he does. And seeing as everyone around him leaks like a sieve that the man likes a drink or 13 the gig might be up on this, even if we were willing to disbelieve what we've seen and heard
piquant

Post by piquant »

eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 pm
piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:50 pm
piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:30 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Must be due to Brexit!
being in the EU made us more valuable to the USA, but actually no, the USA was never in the EU
That's my point. I'd wager the USA don't see the UK and any more or any less valuable either way. It only was a special relationship when it can to wars anyway.
I suppose if you've got no idea what you're talking about that might seem the case, and then you can harp on about your insight no matter it rather grates up against reality
It's be good if you made an actual point to refute it, rather then just snidey comments at me personally. The Ups and Downs of the Special relationship are well documented, From Lyndon Johnson freezing out Wilson to Blair being nothing but a poodle for Bush and not much else.

The idea that sums up the entirety of the last 50 odd years is a nonsense, just simplistic rubbish. Though fwiw I made no claim with regard to a special relationship, I merely noted we were more valuable to the USA inside the EU, being in part a gateway from them into Europe.

Too often it was cast as an either or, we can go with the EU or the USA, when in many ways (most ways frankly) it was both. Was.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm
Jensrsa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:35 pm Last Week in the Republican Party - Sept 14, 2021

Stephen Colbert did a monologue the other night on the Ruddy speech commemorating 9/11 ; and by commemorating I mean joke about yourself being a paedo etc, whatever gets the laughs - he then went on to admit that he might have had a drink and then explained and re explained that he was no in fact an alcoholic - it was fcukin bizarre - it was almost like teh time orange shitgibbon was trying to explain a negative covid test result for himself but couldn't bring himself to say the word negative when talking about himself (is there anyone else these fcukers talk about?)
I had a drink, I didn't have a drink, I had one drink, I had two drinks but only because I like cigars, the 2nd whisky was watered down, I might not have finished it.

Just weird, slurring 16 year olds trying to sneak in after midnight have done a better job convincing their mums they haven't been drinking.

Also if you're the sort of old man to reach into your trousers to show what you think is a 15 year old girl your todger, then maybe claim you were pissed as a newt, it's actually worse if you're sober to behave like he does. And seeing as everyone around him leaks like a sieve that the man likes a drink or 13 the gig might be up on this, even if we were willing to disbelieve what we've seen and heard
its funny, usually when you're caught making such a fool of yourself you try and claim how pissed you were,,,,not the opposite

if he really wanted to get a laugh out of the crowd ....he should complain about all the leaking that comes from everyone around him....including his own head
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

4071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:12 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:07 am
Skiaddict wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:41 am Milley also put together a plan involving 20k troops to re-take Bagram in the middle of the clusterfvk in Kabul, a base he never should have abandoned until ALL the civilians were evacuated. He knew he screwed the pooch and I still predict he will "retire" shortly. Biden can't afford this jokers damage when nothing is going well in his presidency.
This guy was hand-picked by Trump.
Agreed. And would have been hand fired a long time ago. Are you sure you don't miss that 1.69 Gas, Mean Tweets, Low Inflation and Middle East Peace yet? Or your Tds is going to have you riding this sinking ship to the bottom?
I get it.....you like voting dem for the same reason as most of the others. "Free Shit". Easier than working I guess.
I live in the Netherlands. During the early stages of covid when the global economy pretty much hit a standstill, gas prices dropped significantly, hitting a trough in early 2020. Since then they have risen again, and they are now around 20% higher than they were before the US election, and around 40% higher than the lowest price they reached during Trump's presidency.

Biden is clearly a very influential man if he is able to raise gas prices in the Netherlands, even before making any policy changes!

Smooth brained individuals: "That price fluctuation is because of Trump and Biden!"
I didn't know people had gone back to attributing gas prices to the president. How retro.

This is what people bickered about every four years in late 90s/early 00s Missouri, before the internet told everyone what to blame "the other guys" for.

Good times.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:39 pm

They are taken seriously???
unfortunately at least 74 million voting age people
Well, to be fair they don't have near the number of dead people votes and folks that vote 12 times as the other side.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:24 pm
piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:30 pm

being in the EU made us more valuable to the USA, but actually no, the USA was never in the EU
That's my point. I'd wager the USA don't see the UK and any more or any less valuable either way. It only was a special relationship when it can to wars anyway.
I suppose if you've got no idea what you're talking about that might seem the case, and then you can harp on about your insight no matter it rather grates up against reality
It's be good if you made an actual point to refute it, rather then just snidey comments at me personally. The Ups and Downs of the Special relationship are well documented, From Lyndon Johnson freezing out Wilson to Blair being nothing but a poodle for Bush and not much else.

The idea that sums up the entirety of the last 50 odd years is a nonsense, just simplistic rubbish. Though fwiw I made no claim with regard to a special relationship, I merely noted we were more valuable to the USA inside the EU, being in part a gateway from them into Europe.

Too often it was cast as an either or, we can go with the EU or the USA, when in many ways (most ways frankly) it was both. Was.
You made the broad sweeping statement with nothing to back it up or not reference to how and you complain I make the simplistic statement, despite actually highlighting some of what the US-UK relationship has been.

I referenced the special relationship because it's an obvious and well know example of how the USA and UK are supposed to be useful to each other. You haven't in any way shown how the EU/UK are useful with the UK in or out the EU to the USA. G7/G20 conferences etc are still going on with the worlds serious business. Some US presidents may have a preference for the UK being in or out the UK but you've not presented any hard fact evidence about how Brexit makes things different to the USAs value of other countries.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Skiaddict wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Well, to be fair they don't have near the number of dead people votes and folks that vote 12 times as the other side.
More. It seems that more GQP voters were caught and prosecuted (in red states) committing voter fraud than Dems
piquant

Post by piquant »

eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:59 pm
piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:24 pm

You made the broad sweeping statement with nothing to back it up or not reference to how and you complain I make the simplistic statement, despite actually highlighting some of what the US-UK relationship has been.

I referenced the special relationship because it's an obvious and well know example of how the USA and UK are supposed to be useful to each other. You haven't in any way shown how the EU/UK are useful with the UK in or out the EU to the USA. G7/G20 conferences etc are still going on with the worlds serious business. Some US presidents may have a preference for the UK being in or out the UK but you've not presented any hard fact evidence about how Brexit makes things different to the USAs value of other countries.
If the UK isn't on the inside of the EU, feeding information back and forth between the EU and the USA (as things stand the two standard bearers for standards on a global basis), and helping to shape the discussion within the EU and the direction of the EU that reduces the value of the UK to the EU. That's not to say the UK always did what the USA wanted, but the back and forth is a constant, hardly just on big issues, and not always on matters even that might give rise to a claim of a special relationship (along with Canada, and SK and Israel, and...)

To ignore that is to ignore how governing actually works across vast swathes of policy in a global world
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Hate it when you forget a name..
US presidents and their offsiders have an unfortunate habit of awkward moments at the expense of their allies, and Prime Minister Scott Morrison has just been added to the honour roll.

In the historic announcement on Thursday of a new trilateral military and technology-sharing agreement between Australia, the US and the UK, President Joe Biden referred to Morrison as “that fellow Down Under, thank you very much pal”.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

US. Needed that…needed someone to show the love after Kalamas tour. Gets it from Anglo nation in the region.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

JPNZ wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:02 am Hate it when you forget a name..
US presidents and their offsiders have an unfortunate habit of awkward moments at the expense of their allies, and Prime Minister Scott Morrison has just been added to the honour roll.

In the historic announcement on Thursday of a new trilateral military and technology-sharing agreement between Australia, the US and the UK, President Joe Biden referred to Morrison as “that fellow Down Under, thank you very much pal”.
probably not the worst US President gaff :lol:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

piquant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 pm
If the UK isn't on the inside of the EU, feeding information back and forth between the EU and the USA (as things stand the two standard bearers for standards on a global basis), and helping to shape the discussion within the EU and the direction of the EU that reduces the value of the UK to the EU. That's not to say the UK always did what the USA wanted, but the back and forth is a constant, hardly just on big issues, and not always on matters even that might give rise to a claim of a special relationship (along with Canada, and SK and Israel, and...)

To ignore that is to ignore how governing actually works across vast swathes of policy in a global world
Really? That all seems vague speculation. What was the UK feeding back that the USA couldn't get or needed? Last I heard Obama was closest with Angela Merkel out of all the EU countries when the UK was in. And anything he couldn't get the NSA spy's told him anyway.

As for helping be standard bearers? In what? Since the UK came about in 1994 it's pretty strong case that the likes of China, Iran, Russia have not responded or followed in any positive way to Western pushes for "standards" and I'm not sure the USA have standards as such for say trade that isn't "corporate profit first" as their standards are far lower. if anything the biggest thing in this area was the EU with the UK inside doing the TIIP deal which was basically designed to screw out European countries so corporations get their own way. The EU hasn't had any impact or significant influence on USA foreign policy with or without the UK. About the most we get is photo opportunities. Well if your a G7 country. Which has little to do with being in the EU.

Meanwhile Biden just announced a huge trilateral military and technology-sharing agreement with the Uk and Australia to counter the threat of China. Hardly diminished returns there.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Skiaddict wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 pm

huh ?
piquant

Post by piquant »

eldanielfire wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am

Really? That all seems vague speculation. What was the UK feeding back that the USA couldn't get or needed? Last I heard Obama was closest with Angela Merkel out of all the EU countries when the UK was in. And anything he couldn't get the NSA spy's told him anyway.

As for helping be standard bearers? In what? Since the UK came about in 1994 it's pretty strong case that the likes of China, Iran, Russia have not responded or followed in any positive way to Western pushes for "standards" and I'm not sure the USA have standards as such for say trade that isn't "corporate profit first" as their standards are far lower. if anything the biggest thing in this area was the EU with the UK inside doing the TIIP deal which was basically designed to screw out European countries so corporations get their own way. The EU hasn't had any impact or significant influence on USA foreign policy with or without the UK. About the most we get is photo opportunities. Well if your a G7 country. Which has little to do with being in the EU.

Meanwhile Biden just announced a huge trilateral military and technology-sharing agreement with the Uk and Australia to counter the threat of China. Hardly diminished returns there.

Starts with a critique a general observation is too vague, segues to the last rumour you heard on the playground about Obama and Merkel. Fine work. Now maybe Obama and Merkel were the closest, but perhaps that's how it works on a personal level rather than a national one, and perhaps that was after Brexit was a possible thing and then a thing.

Fwiw, and then I'll intend to make more use of the ignore function, you don't tend to get big stand out moments in diplomacy and cooperation, it's more a constant grind and a sharing of values/ideas. It doesn't event mean you get the deal you want all the time, but that political and cultural exchange has value in and of itself between administrations, between the FO and the DoS..., whether that's on climate, military, banking, agriculture, legal structure, foreign policy...

If you wanted to make the case trying to keep a foot inside the EU whilst maintaining closer links to the US than much if not all else in the EU wasn't giving the returns you wanted then fine, I think it'd be starting with a flawed premise but whatever. I can't for the life of me see what's problematic or even up for discussion in the notion that the UK inside the EU was politically worth more to the USA than the UK being outside the EU, really the only way to way to counter that is to consider the UK will fold on banking, agriculture, health service provision... and in effect transfers a decent chunk of its wealth to the USA
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:07 am

Starts with a critique a general observation is too vague, segues to the last rumour you heard on the playground about Obama and Merkel. Fine work. Now maybe Obama and Merkel were the closest, but perhaps that's how it works on a personal level rather than a national one, and perhaps that was after Brexit was a possible thing and then a thing.

Fwiw, and then I'll intend to make more use of the ignore function, you don't tend to get big stand out moments in diplomacy and cooperation, it's more a constant grind and a sharing of values/ideas. It doesn't event mean you get the deal you want all the time, but that political and cultural exchange has value in and of itself between administrations, between the FO and the DoS..., whether that's on climate, military, banking, agriculture, legal structure, foreign policy...

If you wanted to make the case trying to keep a foot inside the EU whilst maintaining closer links to the US than much if not all else in the EU wasn't giving the returns you wanted then fine, I think it'd be starting with a flawed premise but whatever. I can't for the life of me see what's problematic or even up for discussion in the notion that the UK inside the EU was politically worth more to the USA than the UK being outside the EU, really the only way to way to counter that is to consider the UK will fold on banking, agriculture, health service provision... and in effect transfers a decent chunk of its wealth to the USA
Obama and Merkel's closeness with Obama is not a rumour, it's certainly well reported with numerous articles analyzing it and Obama spoke of it in his own book. And yes it's swings and roundabouts where particular personalities are. I don't know why you are acting like the well documented relationship is a rumour it's well documented in their joint time as leaders and afterwards. I don't see how their well known close working relationship, reference to the US-UK special relationship nor the recent US_UK-OZ deal is a vague or a rumour when they are specific and tangible examples of what I was saying.

The USA finds allies and powerful countries as factors in their usefulness.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

I find it unusual that in the last two weeks of constant crowds and parades in Afghanistan, the supposed arch enemies of the Taliban, Isis-K, has not found a way to detonate a single bomb. And the US is now going to send a 64 million dollar bribe to pay ransom for hostages called "Humanitarian Aid"? These are the same people who could have laid down their weapons a decade ago? Sending these people money is not going to age well.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Skiaddict wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm I find it unusual that in the last two weeks of constant crowds and parades in Afghanistan, the supposed arch enemies of the Taliban, Isis-K, has not found a way to detonate a single bomb. And the US is now going to send a 64 million dollar bribe to pay ransom for hostages called "Humanitarian Aid"? These are the same people who could have laid down their weapons a decade ago? Sending these people money is not going to age well.
Look at the past 20 years, and you will find it has been a consistent US policy to pay combatants to keep them off the battle field in Afghanistan. Nothing new here.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

TheFrog wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:19 pm I find it unusual that in the last two weeks of constant crowds and parades in Afghanistan, the supposed arch enemies of the Taliban, Isis-K, has not found a way to detonate a single bomb. And the US is now going to send a 64 million dollar bribe to pay ransom for hostages called "Humanitarian Aid"? These are the same people who could have laid down their weapons a decade ago? Sending these people money is not going to age well.
Look at the past 20 years, and you will find it has been a consistent US policy to pay combatants to keep them off the battle field in Afghanistan. Nothing new here.
Indeed, the initial successes in the war were not due to strategy but paying the Taliban to sod off.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Then it is 20 years of bad policy. I think its a bit strange that the Taliban pleads for money now, because the country is decimated by the damage they caused by not participating in the government and choosing combat. In a simple term its "I broke it but you need to pay for it".
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

That was Obama's chief criticism of European leaders was they never wanted to do anything besides photo ops.
Under the radar, but the weekend before Trudeau called an election for Canada, the U.S. and Canadian defense secretary/minister agreed to a revamp of NORAD.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Going back to the first premise, are we not able to infer that the alleged hatred between Isis-K and the Taliban does not actually exist? Will the Taliban now accept money from Al Qaeda & Isis to get back in the training camp business to export Jihad? Reminds me of that Ventriloquist who had a puppet named "Achmed the Terrorist" ....pay me or I blow you up...
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Skiaddict wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:21 pm
Going back to the first premise, are we not able to infer that the alleged hatred between Isis-K and the Taliban does not actually exist? Will the Taliban now accept money from Al Qaeda & Isis to get back in the training camp business to export Jihad? Reminds me of that Ventriloquist who had a puppet named "Achmed the Terrorist" ....pay me or I blow you up...
Jeff Dunham.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:20 pm
That was Obama's chief criticism of European leaders was they never wanted to do anything besides photo ops.
It's a popular idea in the diplomatic corps that you get that sort of thinking in the USA. And such thinking shifts as you had east.

Starting off on the west coast of the USA people want change all the time and are willing to commit to their new policies for seconds at a time, that rises to minutes by the east coast, it shifts to days by the time you reach the UK, months by Europe, and years if not generations as one heads into the Middle East and China.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Biden Border Cluserfvck working out almost as well as Kabul.
FAA is grounding drone photographing because optics....but there is a safety factor because of the massive crowd. This one can't be blamed on mean tweeting Orange Man. No covid problem here right? Yep, they don't have to get tested or vaxxed.

Post by 4071 »

Skiaddict wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:22 pm Biden Border Cluserfvck working out almost as well as Kabul.
FAA is grounding drone photographing because optics....but there is a safety factor because of the massive crowd. This one can't be blamed on mean tweeting Orange Man. No covid problem here right? Yep, they don't have to get tested or vaxxed.

Most of the migrants who are detained are tested, which is why the Federal Emergency Management Agency were able to inform Congress that around 6% of people crossing were testing positive. Which is a lower infection rate than Texas.
(1:14:15 in this video https://www.c-span.org/video/?509896-1/ ... 9-response )

Just because they are non-white immigrants, you can't assume that they are a festering mass of disease.

This isn't Camp of the Saints, you know.
merry!

Post by merry! »

sussmann didn't kill himself
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Neither did Vincent Foster. lol
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

4071 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 pm
Skiaddict wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:22 pm Biden Border Cluserfvck working out almost as well as Kabul.

Most of the migrants who are detained are tested, which is why the Federal Emergency Management Agency were able to inform Congress that around 6% of people crossing were testing positive. Which is a lower infection rate than Texas.

Just because they are non-white immigrants, you can't assume that they are a festering mass of disease.

Cspan is a division of the Clinton New Network. I would look for another source. "Most" is a definitive term....especially when added to "detained" (sarcasm intended)
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

4071 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Mods - can we change skierdick's avatar pls?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

You are so dumb, you failed to notice he has no avatar to change.
Short Man Syndrome

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:53 pm You are so dumb, you failed to notice he has no avatar to change.
Introducing one would be a change, numbnuts.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:58 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:53 pm You are so dumb, you failed to notice he has no avatar to change.
You really are dumb.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Change isn't the aim for many conservative folks, stagnation and regression are where they're at
Zico

Post by Zico »

Short Man Syndrome

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:43 pm
You really are dumb.
Are you sure, Michael? Because you went all in on Sidney Powell’s horseshit so you must be as dumb as rocks and I don’t think we can trust your judgment.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:43 pm
You really are dumb.
Are you sure, Michael? Because you went all in on Sidney Powell’s horseshit so you must be as dumb as rocks and I don’t think we can trust your judgment.
I think we can trust my judgement about you.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Clinton Campaign Lawyer Indicted For Role In Peddling Bogus Russiagate Hoax To FBI
SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 By Tristan Justice
A grand jury on Thursday returned the second indictment sought by U.S. Special Counsel John Durham in the more than two-year probe investigating the origins of the Russia hoax.

Michael Sussmann, a Washington attorney and former federal prosecutor, was indicted for making a false statement to the FBI in September 2016. Durham alleges Sussmann misrepresented his own capacity when making accusations to the FBI over the course of the agency’s deep-state operation to find Russian collusion with the Trump campaign.

During a requested meeting with the FBI General Counsel, the indictment reads, Sussmann provided the agency three “white papers” which allegedly contained evidence showing secret communications between the Trump Organization and a Russian bank.

“Sussmann stated falsely that he was not doing his work on the aforementioned allegations ‘for any client,’ which led the FBI General Counsel to understand that Sussmann was acting as a good citizen merely passing along information, not as a paid advocate or political operative,” read the indictment. “This statement was intentionally false and misleading because, in assembling and conveying these allegations, Sussmann acted on behalf of specific clients.” Those clients included an executive in the U.S. tech industry and the Hillary Clinton Presidential Campaign.

If convicted, Sussmann could face up to five years in federal prison.

In January, former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith, who pleaded guilty to manipulating documents to seek spy warrants on Trump adviser Carter Page, was sentenced to a mere one year of probation and 400 hours of community service without prison time.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Short Meat, Rent Free in your head.....place is empty, I like it.
Skiaddict

Post by Skiaddict »

Poor Biden just can't win. Pentagon officially reverses course. He Droned 10 civilians, 7 little children. Go get'em tiger.
Elections have Consequences...... Barack Hussein Obama

Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Looks like some didn't heed Trump's advice to avoid the rally today