U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

All things Rugby
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by fonzeee »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm
fonzeee wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
My apologies... I forgot to add the 'dripping with sarcasm' emoji. Texas is fvcking enormous.
So you do genuinely think the relevant question is whether there are available plots of land?
Richest country on earth, one of the least densely populated… I just think America can afford to be more charitable than whipping immigrants or stuffing their kids in cages, is all. It’s all a bit precious, considering you nicked the place off the natives in the first place.
Well obviously neither I nor anyone else alive "nicked" anything from anyone. So to start with, the implication that we are forbidden from enacting and carrying out policies in our people's best interests on this (despite that being the only legitimate means the system provides to do so) is little more than collective punishment, which I assumed was largely not endorsed by the liberal worldview.

Apparently though, if we do accept that view, the means by which we came to inhabit this land is illegitimate, despite being exactly the f**king same as the people we "took" it from, and indeed, the overwhelming majority of peoples on this planet that have survived to this point. Or did you think the natives spent their days waving to one another like suburban neighbors?

The purpose of the nation is not to be "charitable" to people whom it owes no responsibility to; it is to further the well-being of its people. Considering we are already a (politically and culturally fractured) nation of a third of a billion people that has proven spectacularly incapable of caring for the least of its people, an underclass that would dwarf the population of most countries on Earth, I would suggest that perhaps we take it easy in terms of letting in yet more people who will only put pressure on those least capable of bearing it. And the picture above, yes, is part of what that's going to look like.

The fact that every square foot of land in this country has yet to be converted into a high rise has absolutely no bearing on the matter.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 35805
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by eldanielfire »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
My apologies... I forgot to add the 'dripping with sarcasm' emoji. Texas is fvcking enormous.
I know, I was and beings playing along and being facetious.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 35805
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by eldanielfire »

DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
If half of California was moving to Texas, who's still here in CA keeping house prices so high?
Blackrock and other investment bankers buying up land and homes and shite hoping to keep the middle classes paying rent for eternity and keep an endless supply of money propping up their fortunes.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Alright Fonz… keep your Calvin’s unbunched mate… I wasn’t laying out a well-defined political manifesto, I was merely ruminating the possibilities… but I did appreciate your reply.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm
fonzeee wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:33 pm

So you do genuinely think the relevant question is whether there are available plots of land?
Richest country on earth, one of the least densely populated… I just think America can afford to be more charitable than whipping immigrants or stuffing their kids in cages, is all. It’s all a bit precious, considering you nicked the place off the natives in the first place.
All of them who want to come ?
That doesn’t make any sense in the context of what I wrote, does it?
e



It’s the question your actually asking.

Oh, and no one was whipped, funny to see you buy into the fake news though.
I didn’t really think they were physically stuffing kids into cages either, you disingenuous halfwit clown.
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20539
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by DOB »

eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:13 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
If half of California was moving to Texas, who's still here in CA keeping house prices so high?
Blackrock and other investment bankers buying up land and homes and shite hoping to keep the middle classes paying rent for eternity and keep an endless supply of money propping up their fortunes.
If California's so empty, who's paying all that rent?
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by fonzeee »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:32 pm Alright Fonz… keep your Calvin’s unbunched mate… I wasn’t laying out a well-defined political manifesto, I was merely ruminating the possibilities… but I did appreciate your reply.
It wasn't meant to be directed *at* you per se, but rather at the prevailing logic on the topic and all its attendant false premises that you happened to so perfectly lay out. Not that I blame you for it, this take is ubiquitous and increasingly unchallenged -- it's the conventional wisdom. Nothing you said is controversial.

But it should be. Unfortunately, however, what passes for the right has near-zero ability to articulate any sort of intelligible position in the mainstream, let alone one that doesn't totally accept and conform to the liberal worldview. That's how you end up with a situation where "being right-wing" means nothing more than a gaggle of idiots running around saying "you see, it's actually the left that are the real racists! Dur dur dur" Just look at this thread.

Call me an optimist, but I believe most people will fairly consider alternate views that are not noxious and/or retarded if they are exposed to them. You yourself have demonstrated this before in our exchanges, hence why I bothered. I suppose sometimes my attempts to be entertaining come across as aggressive.

We cool :thumbup:

But for the record I'm a Hanes man.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 35805
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by eldanielfire »

DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:48 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:13 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
If half of California was moving to Texas, who's still here in CA keeping house prices so high?
Blackrock and other investment bankers buying up land and homes and shite hoping to keep the middle classes paying rent for eternity and keep an endless supply of money propping up their fortunes.
If California's so empty, who's paying all that rent?
Not the rich ;)

(By the way I was only taking the piss out of the supposed claims)
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:57 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:32 pm Alright Fonz… keep your Calvin’s unbunched mate… I wasn’t laying out a well-defined political manifesto, I was merely ruminating the possibilities… but I did appreciate your reply.
It wasn't meant to be directed *at* you per se, but rather at the prevailing logic on the topic and all its attendant false premises that you happened to so perfectly lay out. Not that I blame you for it, this take is ubiquitous and increasingly unchallenged -- it's the conventional wisdom. Nothing you said is controversial.

But it should be. Unfortunately, however, what passes for the right has near-zero ability to articulate any sort of intelligible position in the mainstream, let alone one that doesn't totally accept and conform to the liberal worldview. That's how you end up with a situation where "being right-wing" means nothing more than a gaggle of idiots running around saying "you see, it's actually the left that are the real racists! Dur dur dur" Just look at this thread.

Call me an optimist, but I believe most people will fairly consider alternate views that are not noxious and/or retarded if they are exposed to them. You yourself have demonstrated this before in our exchanges, hence why I bothered. I suppose sometimes my attempts to be entertaining come across as aggressive.

We cool :thumbup:

But for the record I'm a Hanes man.
:thumbup:
User avatar
Big Nipper
Posts: 9672
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Big Nipper »

DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:48 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:13 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm Yep. There’s definitely no room in Texas: fvck off, we’re full.
Not stopping half of California moving in.
If half of California was moving to Texas, who's still here in CA keeping house prices so high?
Blackrock and other investment bankers buying up land and homes and shite hoping to keep the middle classes paying rent for eternity and keep an endless supply of money propping up their fortunes.
If California's so empty, who's paying all that rent?
I think all the Dave Rubin has rotted the little that was left of EDB's brain
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

The Biden administration is pushing for dishonourable discharges and even court martialing for troops who disobey orders to get COVID vaccines.



GOP Representative Mark Green of Tennessee proposed an amendment this week to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that would prohibit “any discharge but honorable” for troops who refuse vaccines.

The White House responded with a statement noting “The Administration strongly opposes section 716,” reasoning that it would “detract from readiness and limit a commander’s options for enforcing good order and discipline when a Service member fails to obey a lawful order to receive a vaccination.”

The statement added “To enable a uniformed force to fight with discipline, commanders must have the ability to give orders and take appropriate disciplinary measures.”

Responding to the statement, Rep. Green said “I am appalled that the Biden Administration is trying to remove my amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that prevents anything but an honorable discharge for service members who refuse to get the COVID-19 vaccine.”

Green added “This was a bipartisan amendment — every Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee agreed to it.”

“No American who raises their hand to serve our Nation should be punished for making a highly personal medical decision,” Green previously urged.

Another section of the bill, 720, proposes that troops who have previously had COVID-19 should be exempted from a vaccine mandate. The Biden administration also opposes it, claiming it creates “a new and overly broad exemption from the vaccination requirement for previous infection that would undermine the effectiveness of the requirement.”

The House is expected to vote on the NDAA early Thursday morning.

As we have previously noted, there has been significant resistance to vaccine mandates among military service members.

Tucker Carlson revealed Monday that a bizarre presentation was given to troops sardonically ridiculing vaccine mandates with links to satanism, as the military pushes mandates, even for elite navy SEALS who have had the virus and have natural immunity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... years.html

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/ ... 31621?s=19


And before you say "Tucker Carlson" the Army acknowledge the Satan PPT slide is real.

AUKUS my ass.....Biden is gonna screw over the whole US military.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Genuinely unsure of what to make of that. Should soldiers just follow orders? Should conscientious objectors be allowed to be discharged honourably?

My instinct says they should follow orders and get jabbed - they are expected to do far worse things in the name of the flag.

Edit: ‘conscious objectors’ wasn’t even an autocorrect… *hangs head in shame*
Last edited by Short Man Syndrome on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piquant
Posts: 10175
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by piquant »

Especially given a poor discharge rating cam limit the ability of veterans to access support available to 'normal' veterans, and this could throw up the odd mental health issue one imagine, it seems at best a crass policy that is going to come back to bite in other ways. Maybe there's a compelling need to do it this way, if so they'd do well to communicate that and have it be believable
User avatar
puku
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Saint Paul

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by puku »

There must be something around accessing VA benefits. ie the difference between being discharged, honorably or otherwise, or just resigning your post. Setting aside the issue of businesses or the government requiring certain vaccines for their employees, if the latter can still get VA benefits based on years of service what is the drama here?
User avatar
puku
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Saint Paul

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by puku »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 pm Genuinely unsure of what to make of that. Should soldiers just follow orders? Should conscientious objectors be allowed to be discharged honourably?

My instinct says they should follow orders and get jabbed - they are expected to do far worse things in the name of the flag.

Edit: ‘conscious objectors’ wasn’t even an autocorrect… *hangs head in shame*
Shirely a conscientious objector is a conscious objector? All good bro
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

The people who want to remove the rights and benefits of those who don't want this vaccine are plum. It's disgusting. If they are prepared to leave let them leave...if they have clauses that let them leave with honor then changing it is a plum trick.

Anyone who even pauses to think about this nevermind support it are complete and utter plum. Covid has shown we are surrounded by some really horrible fuckers.

We've Aussies in the other thread demanding the police shoot protestors, we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed and in denial to any who points a jab injury or death. We've people who are demanding a papers please society and unnecessary jabs for kids. Some seriously sick people out there.
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 11704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Mr Mike »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 pm Genuinely unsure of what to make of that. Should soldiers just follow orders? Should conscientious objectors be allowed to be discharged honourably?

My instinct says they should follow orders and get jabbed - they are expected to do far worse things in the name of the flag.

Edit: ‘conscious objectors’ wasn’t even an autocorrect… *hangs head in shame*
It is essentially a political decision, to avoid the damaging optics of a large number of people leaving the services over the issue. Being prevented from accessing benefits is a powerful coercive tool to avoid that from happening in greater numbers.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Mick Mannock »

Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm The people who want to remove the rights and benefits of those who don't want this vaccine are plum. It's disgusting. If they are prepared to leave let them leave...if they have clauses that let them leave with honor then changing it is a plum trick.

Anyone who even pauses to think about this nevermind support it are complete and utter plum. Covid has shown we are surrounded by some really horrible fuckers.

We've Aussies in the other thread demanding the police shoot protestors, we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed and in denial to any who points a jab injury or death. We've people who are demanding a papers please society and unnecessary jabs for kids. Some seriously sick people out there.
Good post IMO.

And, I do not agree with you on many other subjects.
piquant
Posts: 10175
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by piquant »

Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
Mick Mannock
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Mick Mannock »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
Everyone likes hearing about Darwin Award nominees.
piquant
Posts: 10175
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by piquant »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
Everyone likes hearing about Darwin Award nominees.
Good to see they get the recognition they've earned. Not sure what they'll do with Covid, maybe a group award would be appropriate
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

Isn't most of the Jingoistic military lovers from the kinds states Or places that would be either not Democratic or touch and go for the democratics

Bet Moscow and Beijing are busting their holes laughing at the US none stop these days.

Woke Covid evangelists out to single handedly screw the US under the misguided view that they are just putting manners on the thicks.

This will not end well.

AUKUS my ass. Between Australia, the US, Canada and even many in the UK....only a fool think listening to cucks will do anything good.

We are doomed when you've so called "rugby men" on here with the cuckist world views you could possibly imagine.

You say I support Russia and China and all I do is point out your cuckness.
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by 4071 »

So the long-awaited Arizona 'audit' is being released today, but various sources are reporting the draft findings.

After five months, a lot of controversy and incompetence and millions of dollars spent the partisan audit has found that... Biden won by slightly more votes than originally reported.

Well done Arizona.
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
What’s the difference between joyful and bloody funny?

What about a young person with almost zero chance of COVID making them sick, and then the jab makes them sick or even kills them…as in thousands upon thousands of cases, what’s your view in that ? Is that joyful or bloody funny too?

What about the UK doctor on tv who using existing data said the fully roll out on 5 million kids in the Uk will see 100 dead. What’s your view on that?
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
Everyone likes hearing about Darwin Award nominees.
See my post above. You can go into the same bracket
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:09 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
Everyone likes hearing about Darwin Award nominees.
See my post above. You can go into the same bracket
Don’t be like that, Doh-Xi - you’ll damage all the respect that everyone has for the Chinese marketing information war you wage on an obscure rugby chatbored.
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by 4071 »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
You probably think you are one of the good guys.
Everyone likes hearing about Darwin Award nominees.
Good to see they get the recognition they've earned. Not sure what they'll do with Covid, maybe a group award would be appropriate
They have their own sub-category: The Herman Cain Award.

There's a sub on Reddit with that name that bubbles with schadenfreude and - sometimes - malice. But it's often hard to feel sympathy with so many of the award winners who spend their time spitting venom onto social media, dismissing covid, spreading conspiracy theories, and arrogantly insulting everyone... and then find themselves dying of covid.

Often each award is a sequence of shots of their bile-filled social media presence, followed by a GoFundMe request to help the family out because Doug or Dale or whoever has died of covid after weeks in the hospital, didn't have good health insurance or any life insurance and has pretty much f**ked his family over.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 11404
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Flyin Ryan »

https://civiqs.com/results/approve_pres ... ation=true
Joe Biden’s approval ratings are falling faster than the rush of Haitians across the Rio Grande. The latest Civiqs poll finds Biden’s job approval at an all-time low of 41/52. His disapproval with independents is at 60%. And Biden’s swing state poll numbers are even worse. In FL Biden’s approve/disapprove is at 41/53, GA 38/54, IA 34/59, MI 41/53, NV 42/51, NC 40/53, OH 35/58, PA 40/53, TX 34/59, WI 41/53 and even in VA Biden is at 42/50 which could put a crimp on Terry McAuliffe’s strategy of making the VA-Gov election a referendum on Donald Trump and McAuliffe’s strong support for Joe Biden.
Way too early days presidentially. But does give some pause for Democratic candidates for Senate and House in 2022 on how close they tie themselves to Biden and Congress (especially with everything going on with the infrastructure bill). I think you see they might try to completely ignore the fact Biden is in the White House and just run against Trump as the surrogate for their Republican opponent.
BRAVURA OR BRAVADO? — Buckle up. That was the advice from Capitol Hill late Thursday night as news got out that Speaker NANCY PELOSI privately told her committee chairs that she does, in fact, intend to bring the reconciliation bill to the floor next week, reports Heather Caygle.
The question now: Is it bravura or bravado?

— The case for bravura: Pelosi has repeatedly declared herself a “master legislator,” and the cascade of deadlines she’s up against — to avoid a government shutdown, to raise the debt ceiling, to keep her promise of a Monday vote on the BIF, to notch a win for Biden — may be the most difficult legislative gauntlet she’s ever faced. Still, at this point, it makes a certain amount of sense to try and package everything together and ram it through as quickly as possible.

— The case for bravado: Sources on the Hill say that the moderates and progressives aren’t close to a workable deal. As Heather, Sarah Ferris and Jennifer Scholtes reported Thursday, “Pelosi and her team hope that projecting progress in the talks … will satisfy progressives enough to back off their threats.” For a vote on reconciliation to happen next week, they will need to mark up the bill Saturday. It’s now Friday, and the bill is not yet written.

HOT DOC — A document is circulating among pro-BIF Senate Republicans pushing back on House GOP leadership’s effort to whip against the bill.
Pelosi about a month ago promised a vote on the infrastructure bill on September 27th...which is 3 days from now. Progressives are trying to force the reconciliation bill and infrastructure bill to be passed together. WIth it not being written yet, either the Democratic moderates win and have the infrastructure bill separate or Pelosi has to back away from her promise to them of having the vote Monday. Biden himself got involved this week to bridge the gap between the two sides.

My gut is the moderates win. Biden needs a policy victory right now, and even if progressives vote against the infrastructure bill, the moderates can count on some Republicans to support them to make up the difference (thus the Senate Republican document, the Senate vote on this was 67-33 at the time). Also, how many of the progressives are willing to vote against when rubber meets the road instead of just threatening it?
Last edited by Flyin Ryan on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by 4071 »

Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
What’s the difference between joyful and bloody funny?

What about a young person with almost zero chance of COVID making them sick, and then the jab makes them sick or even kills them…as in thousands upon thousands of cases, what’s your view in that ? Is that joyful or bloody funny too?

What about the UK doctor on tv who using existing data said the fully roll out on 5 million kids in the Uk will see 100 dead. What’s your view on that?
Thousands upon thousands of cases of death from the vaccine? You sure about that?


There have been a confirmed 544 covid deaths among U18s in the US, compared to a reported (not confirmed) 24 deaths from the vaccine.

The reported vaccine deaths, by the way, come from the VAERS reporting tool, so set something of a maximum. The deaths might not actually have anything to do with the vaccine (such as the 3 deaths reported for children aged 0-2, who obviously did not receive the vaccine).

There have been a confirmed 22,409 confirmed deaths from covid in the 18-44 age bracket compared to 548 reported deaths from the vaccine in the 18-49 bracket.

It's not even close.

And more people have had the vaccine than have had covid, so the mortality rate is actually even lower.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

4071 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 am So the long-awaited Arizona 'audit' is being released today, but various sources are reporting the draft findings.

After five months, a lot of controversy and incompetence and millions of dollars spent the partisan audit has found that... Biden won by slightly more votes than originally reported.

Well done Arizona.
Too funny! I KNEW I should have laid some money on this being the end result - it was the only way that the "Trump First Time Evidence Planters (TM)" investigation was going to end. Also interesting in that Trumpanzees have now suffered more humiliation than almost any other humans in recorded history. Bet they still pledge allegiance to the useless orange racist, though...
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by 4071 »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:54 pm
4071 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 am So the long-awaited Arizona 'audit' is being released today, but various sources are reporting the draft findings.

After five months, a lot of controversy and incompetence and millions of dollars spent the partisan audit has found that... Biden won by slightly more votes than originally reported.

Well done Arizona.
Too funny! I KNEW I should have laid some money on this being the end result - it was the only way that the "Trump First Time Evidence Planters (TM)" investigation was going to end. Also interesting in that Trumpanzees have now suffered more humiliation than almost any other humans in recorded history. Bet they still pledge allegiance to the useless orange racist, though...
Oh, it's not the end result. I suspect that the report will swiftly gloss over the actual count. After all, even the most optimistic of the auditors would not have expected to find enough votes to overturn the election. That wasn't the point of the audit - the point was to undermine the validity of the count. There are still plenty of ways they can do that.

I am 100% certain the the report will will be written with the unspoken assumption that where fraud cannot be disproven, it can be considered likely.

The fact that they were unable to prove that there was NO fraud with the mail in ballots or the signature verification process or the document handling, means that they can assume there was fraud and action needs to be taken to prevent it next time. Probably by reducing access to mail in ballots and increasing the strictness of signature verification. It will be better that 1,000 eligible voters are rejected for failing to match their own signature closely enough than to have the possibility that 1 non-eligible vote was cast. Even if that non-eligible vote is unproven or hypothetical.

This obviously suits the Republicans who represent the minority of Arizonans, but take up the majority of the senate. The more restrictions on eligible voters the better. Democracy is not helpful for the Republican party.

The implication that fraud could have happened, even if it was not demonstrated to have happened, is pretty much all the 'evidence' they need. I mean, they are preparing this report to satisfy people who assumed fraud without evidence before. They certainly don't need evidence now.
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... ors-2021-9

Womp womp! The childish orange tosser...
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Dozy »

There is a genuine rumor in east Asia that when Biden was sweeped away the other day and the media was kept apart this was because of a toilet accident. I am not saying it happened but there was speculation


It could all be just poo poo
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 7166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:13 pm There is a genuine rumor in east Asia that when Biden was sweeped away the other day and the media was kept apart this was because of a toilet accident. I am not saying it happened but there was spe
It could all be just poo poo
Trump used to shit himself over the pressures of long par 3s!

Image
Skiaddict
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 pm

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by Skiaddict »

Today's Sleepy Joe Brain Fart.

President Joe Biden referred to “trillionaires” not paying taxes on Friday, even though no American is worth a trillion dollars.

“I’m running to change the dynamic of how the economy grows,” Biden said. “I’m tired of trickle-down. Trillionaires and billionaires are doing very, very well. You all report it.”

There are currently no trillionaires in the United States.

According to Forbes list of richest Americans, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is America’s wealthiest person with a net worth of $177 billion.


But no comments regarding how well crack head Hunter is doing extorting cash for finger paintings.
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 6421
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by badmannotinjapan »

4071 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm
Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
What’s the difference between joyful and bloody funny?

What about a young person with almost zero chance of COVID making them sick, and then the jab makes them sick or even kills them…as in thousands upon thousands of cases, what’s your view in that ? Is that joyful or bloody funny too?

What about the UK doctor on tv who using existing data said the fully roll out on 5 million kids in the Uk will see 100 dead. What’s your view on that?
Thousands upon thousands of cases of death from the vaccine? You sure about that?


There have been a confirmed 544 covid deaths among U18s in the US, compared to a reported (not confirmed) 24 deaths from the vaccine.

The reported vaccine deaths, by the way, come from the VAERS reporting tool, so set something of a maximum. The deaths might not actually have anything to do with the vaccine (such as the 3 deaths reported for children aged 0-2, who obviously did not receive the vaccine).

There have been a confirmed 22,409 confirmed deaths from covid in the 18-44 age bracket compared to 548 reported deaths from the vaccine in the 18-49 bracket.

It's not even close.

And more people have had the vaccine than have had covid, so the mortality rate is actually even lower.
Is that strictly covid cases or are there other mitigating factors in there?
User avatar
puku
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Saint Paul

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by puku »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 pm
4071 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm
Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:11 pm we've posters being joyful at those die with Covid when not jabbed


Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
What’s the difference between joyful and bloody funny?

What about a young person with almost zero chance of COVID making them sick, and then the jab makes them sick or even kills them…as in thousands upon thousands of cases, what’s your view in that ? Is that joyful or bloody funny too?

What about the UK doctor on tv who using existing data said the fully roll out on 5 million kids in the Uk will see 100 dead. What’s your view on that?
Thousands upon thousands of cases of death from the vaccine? You sure about that?


There have been a confirmed 544 covid deaths among U18s in the US, compared to a reported (not confirmed) 24 deaths from the vaccine.

The reported vaccine deaths, by the way, come from the VAERS reporting tool, so set something of a maximum. The deaths might not actually have anything to do with the vaccine (such as the 3 deaths reported for children aged 0-2, who obviously did not receive the vaccine).

There have been a confirmed 22,409 confirmed deaths from covid in the 18-44 age bracket compared to 548 reported deaths from the vaccine in the 18-49 bracket.

It's not even close.

And more people have had the vaccine than have had covid, so the mortality rate is actually even lower.
Is that strictly covid cases or are there other mitigating factors in there?
Confirmed deaths from

C.o.n.f.i.r.m.e.d

CONFIRMED

Are you on the anti vaxx bandwagon too?
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 6421
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by badmannotinjapan »

puku wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:58 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 pm
4071 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm
Dozy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:53 pm



Joyful is going a tad far, it is bloody funny though if the dead person had a choice
What’s the difference between joyful and bloody funny?

What about a young person with almost zero chance of COVID making them sick, and then the jab makes them sick or even kills them…as in thousands upon thousands of cases, what’s your view in that ? Is that joyful or bloody funny too?

What about the UK doctor on tv who using existing data said the fully roll out on 5 million kids in the Uk will see 100 dead. What’s your view on that?
Thousands upon thousands of cases of death from the vaccine? You sure about that?


There have been a confirmed 544 covid deaths among U18s in the US, compared to a reported (not confirmed) 24 deaths from the vaccine.

The reported vaccine deaths, by the way, come from the VAERS reporting tool, so set something of a maximum. The deaths might not actually have anything to do with the vaccine (such as the 3 deaths reported for children aged 0-2, who obviously did not receive the vaccine).

There have been a confirmed 22,409 confirmed deaths from covid in the 18-44 age bracket compared to 548 reported deaths from the vaccine in the 18-49 bracket.

It's not even close.

And more people have had the vaccine than have had covid, so the mortality rate is actually even lower.
Is that strictly covid cases or are there other mitigating factors in there?
Confirmed deaths from

C.o.n.f.i.r.m.e.d

CONFIRMED

Are you on the anti vaxx bandwagon too?
Bungle's multi confirmed. :thumbup:
User avatar
puku
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Saint Paul

Re: U.S. politics thread and Joe Biden-the Ronan O'Gara of U.S. Presidents

Post by puku »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:04 pm
Bungle's multi confirmed. :thumbup:
Bungle is right. You are not a very smart guy if you think that a multi would post from locations with an 18 hr time difference.
Post Reply