Pablo’s tweets

All things Rugby
message #2527204

Re: Pablo’s tweets

Post by message #2527204 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:03 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:30 pm I don;t thnk he'll be playing for argnetina any more... nor the other two.
We'll see about that...
Indeed we will - but I quoted the UAR statement.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Flametop wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:33 pm FFS.

We are all human beings and everybody makes mistakes.
Let him apologise and then everybody just delete/ban fûcking twitter and all the woke twats that are on it.

Then everybody just shut the fûck up.
Apologising is too easy. We see apologies all the time from people who regret that they said something because it reveals their true selves not because the no longer think it.

If he has really changed his views then I've no problem accepting that, but he should do something to show this - work to change the minds of others who have the same views now that he had before perhaps.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

A5D5E5 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:18 pm

Let him apologise and then everybody just delete/ban fûcking twitter and all the woke twats that are on it.

Apologising is too easy. We see apologies all the time from people who regret that they said something because it reveals their true selves not because the no longer think it.

If he has really changed his views then I've no problem accepting that, but he should do something to show this - work to change the minds of others who have the same views now that he had before perhaps.

He was a kid you stupid cúnt.

Don't bring this asshole trying to get a ride from.the woke bird in the Student Union crap in here.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

I forgive him.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

It'll make playing against SA weird, I'll say that.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Can we hold on for a second here? None of us know his ACTUAL views on race from these tweets -- unless people really think that he truly wanted to run black people over with his car, and not that it was some sophomoric edgy attempt at humor centered around flaunting arguably the biggest taboo in Western society (this side of banging children).

What you are seeing is a lack of couth more than anything. If he was tweeting racial IQ charts and making sober arguments in favor of racial superiority, that would be a different story.

Let's not blow this out of proportion.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Lots of paternalistic head-patting of the poor little ignorant Argie on here.

Can you imagine if the England captain had done this?

He'd be run out of rugby at the point of a pitch-fork.

It seems to me that Matera is being a held to a different - lower - standard because, implicitly, people expect no better of an Argie.

And that, in itself, is quasi-imperialistic and racist.

Throw the book at him; or let Sinckler and Genge have 20 minutes with him in a locked shipping container.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

MrDominator wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 pm Lots of paternalistic head-patting of the poor little ignorant Argie on here.

It seems to me that Matera is being a held to a different - lower - standard because, implicitly, people expect no better of an Argie.

Throw the book at him; or let Sinckler and Genge have 20 minutes with him in a locked shipping container.
You're a f**king weirdo DD. :lol:
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Real shame. Hero to zero in ~2 weeks.

Well, hopefully he has changed / matured, and can demonstrate to / convince others he has done so.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Floppykid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 pm
MrDominator wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 pm Lots of paternalistic head-patting of the poor little ignorant Argie on here.

You're a f**king weirdo DD. :lol:
That's what they told Jesus.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Floppykid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:31 pm It'll make playing against SA weird, I'll say that.
It’ll make the Stade dressing room interesting.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

DragsterDriver wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:23 pm
Floppykid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:31 pm It'll make playing against SA weird, I'll say that.
He'll have to have some embarrassing/shamefaced talks, that's for sure.
Hopefully this can be moved past.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Floppykid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm
You would think that he's pals with many of the black/minority players they have. They'll mind a hell of a lot less than the perpetually offended (mostly white) Twitterati.

This happens every now and then in American sports. A player on the NFL's Ravens got in hot water for a few tweets he made when he was 16(!) with the word "nigger". His teammates totally supported him, and it was forgotten.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:36 pm
You would think that he's pals with many of the black/minority players they have. They'll mind a hell of a lot less than the perpetually offended (mostly white) Twitterati.

This happens every now and then in American sports. A player on the NFL's Ravens got in hot water for a few tweets he made when he was 16(!) with the word "nigger". His teammates totally supported him, and it was forgotten.
Can't say I disagree, though I'm a pasty white Irish guy so who am I to say what the case is really.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Checks my old tweets...
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I'm trying really hard to imagine the England captain tweeting something similar. Really really hard...
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 pm

I'm trying really hard to imagine the England captain tweeting something similar. Really really hard...
Not the point.

The point is that if he had, he'd have been drummed out of ruggers for perpetuity.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Unless it was Itoje.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:28 pm

He was a kid you stupid cúnt.

Don't bring this asshole trying to get a ride from.the woke bird in the Student Union crap in here.
We were all kids once. Nothing I did as a kid would make me lose my job now were it to become public so fuck off with your apologist crap.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

You think people should lose their job because people like you lie about not saying shit when you were 16.

You're either a liar or you were a loser with no mates to do and say stupid shit with.

People like you are cúnts
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

Last edited by openclashXX on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

Bolivian man carries mp3 with ipod headphones. Sufficient evidence to incarcerate for theft and loss of it
sitting in the seat that points backwards in the bus is the closest thing to celebrating your birthday in Bolivia with strangers
hatred for Bolivians, Paraguayans, etc. is born from that maid who once lost a hair in your food
the fat woman keeps staring at me hahaha poor fat girl I'm not going to give her my seat, that's not pregnancy, no, it doesn't count
I'm going to shave the maid the motherfucker
nice morning to go out in the car when stepping on blacks
South Africa baby! I'm finally leaving this country full of blacks .. ouch !!
The maid has been doing the TV cleaning for 2 hours while she looks for a way to plug in the directv cables to watch her novel
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Just a few, eh? When he was 16 you say?
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Flametop wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:31 pm Unless it was Itoje.
What did Itoje do?
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Yeah I think there's a lot of hypocrisy going on, everyone has said inappropriate and untoward things in the past, whether publicly or privately. Matera just became successful enough for someone to actually care about it. Those people pretending to be as pure as the driven snow doesn't ring true. Forgive, as you would like to be forgiven, and move on.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Rugby2023 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 pm

Yeah I think there's a lot of hypocrisy going on, everyone has said inappropriate and untoward things in the past, whether publicly or privately. Matera just became successful enough for someone to actually care about it. Those people pretending to be as pure as the driven snow doesn't ring true. Forgive, as you would like to be forgiven, and move on.
This 100%, we have all made mistake when we were young. It is a sad world were we are all trawling though each other's social media looking for things to hang people.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Those tweets don’t make him look like a decent guy at all, age-excuses aside...

Instead, they make him look like a bit of a cvnt.

Shame, because I loved all the Puma Pride stuff a couple of weeks ago.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

I wonder which is more likely - that 7 years ago he started maturing and grew out of his edgy casual racism, or that 7 years ago he matured enough to realise he should not express these thoughts out loud or on social media.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 pm I wonder which is more likely - that 7 years ago he started maturing and grew out of his edgy casual racism, or that 7 years ago he matured enough to realise he should not express these thoughts out loud or on social media.
I don't profess to have the mind reading abilities you possess
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

We've all thought/said some pretty silly stuff when we were younger. Those are pretty bad though. Maybe the lesson here is don't put every single thought that crosses your mind online? Because there's a whole section of people looking for something to get angry about.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

openclashXX wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Bolivian man carries mp3 with ipod headphones. Sufficient evidence to incarcerate for theft and loss of it
sitting in the seat that points backwards in the bus is the closest thing to celebrating your birthday in Bolivia with strangers
hatred for Bolivians, Paraguayans, etc. is born from that maid who once lost a hair in your food
the fat woman keeps staring at me hahaha poor fat girl I'm not going to give her my seat, that's not pregnancy, no, it doesn't count
I'm going to shave the maid the motherfucker
nice morning to go out in the car when stepping on blacks
South Africa baby! I'm finally leaving this country full of blacks .. ouch !!
The maid has been doing the TV cleaning for 2 hours while she looks for a way to plug in the directv cables to watch her novel
In totality it does suggest a systemic attitude, but it is also a bit weird. What exactly is wrong with Bolivians that an Argentinian like him would look down at them so? Is it common for Argies to feel such privilege compared to other South Americans, and why would that be? And did he not understand that there are quite a lot of blacks in South Africa, being as they come from there? Odd.

I hope his attitude has improved as he has travelled the world.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Just a few, eh? When he was 16 you say?
Yes. And?
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm You think people should lose their job because people like you lie about not saying shit when you were 16.

You're either a liar or you were a loser with no mates to do and say stupid shit with.

I did and said plenty of stupid shit. None of it was racist. Why would it have been? Is racism essential to growing up in Ireland?

I don't have any desire for him to lose his job. But why should he simply be able to say "Sorry." and carry on as if he had done nothing wrong?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

A5D5E5 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:54 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm You think people should lose their job because people like you lie about not saying shit when you were 16.

I did and said plenty of stupid shit. None of it was racist. Why would it have been? Is racism essential to growing up in Ireland?

I don't have any desire for him to lose his job. But why should he simply be able to say "Sorry." and carry on as if he had done nothing wrong?
Because tweets are, objectively, not a big deal.

Good for you for literally never once making a racist joke, your total acquiescence to social norms is most admirable.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I just think those things he decided to say publicly are a bit more than 'edgy'. I think they're unkind

I have no time for people who are unkind
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm In totality it does suggest a systemic attitude, but it is also a bit weird. What exactly is wrong with Bolivians that an Argentinian like him would look down at them so? Is it common for Argies to feel such privilege compared to other South Americans, and why would that be? And did he not understand that there are quite a lot of blacks in South Africa, being as they come from there? Odd.

Bolivia is a shithole. And naturally the poorest among them that are probably most inclined to leave their homeland are not exactly, how should we say, the best and brightest. You drop these people into a country that is in many parts pretty first-world, and well, don't be surprised if there's some friction there.

It would be so much better if every society's shitheads looked like the people they offended. Then we could just be honest, call them chavs or bogans, and move on with our lives.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:19 am I just think those things he decided to say publicly are a bit more than 'edgy'. I think they're unkind

Yeah I hate unkind people

Like the type who stick the knife in to people who are down to make themselves feel better.
shanky

Post by shanky »

fonzeee wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:35 am
Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm In totality it does suggest a systemic attitude, but it is also a bit weird. What exactly is wrong with Bolivians that an Argentinian like him would look down at them so? Is it common for Argies to feel such privilege compared to other South Americans, and why would that be? And did he not understand that there are quite a lot of blacks in South Africa, being as they come from there? Odd.

Bolivia is a shithole. And naturally the poorest among them that are probably most inclined to leave their homeland are not exactly, how should we say, the best and brightest. You drop these people into a country that is in many parts pretty first-world, and well, don't be surprised if there's some friction there.

It would be so much better if every society's shitheads looked like the people they offended. Then we could just be honest, call them chavs or bogans, and move on with our lives.
Or gingers.

Don't forget them
shanky

Post by shanky »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:36 am
shanky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:19 am I just think those things he decided to say publicly are a bit more than 'edgy'. I think they're unkind

Yeah I hate unkind people

Like the type who stick the knife in to people who are down to make themselves feel better.
It's like we're soul mates, bruv
:)
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:37 am
fonzeee wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:35 am

Or gingers.

Don't forget them
You implying that I look like a ginge bro? :x

We thought we had successfully eradicated gingerism from our gene pool until Canelo Alvarez showed up.