Re: Pablo’s tweets

Post by fonzeee »

:lol: Close enough
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:37 am
fonzeee wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:35 am
Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm In totality it does suggest a systemic attitude, but it is also a bit weird. What exactly is wrong with Bolivians that an Argentinian like him would look down at them so? Is it common for Argies to feel such privilege compared to other South Americans, and why would that be? And did he not understand that there are quite a lot of blacks in South Africa, being as they come from there? Odd.

I hope his attitude has improved as he has travelled the world.
Bolivia is a shithole. And naturally the poorest among them that are probably most inclined to leave their homeland are not exactly, how should we say, the best and brightest. You drop these people into a country that is in many parts pretty first-world, and well, don't be surprised if there's some friction there.

It would be so much better if every society's shitheads looked like the people they offended. Then we could just be honest, call them chavs or bogans, and move on with our lives.
Or gingers.

Don't forget them
Bogan.

(if I have understood that sentence correctly)
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Morgan14 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:56 pm Real shame. Hero to zero in ~2 weeks.

Well, hopefully he has changed / matured, and can demonstrate to / convince others he has done so.
Has he said anything remotely similar in the last 8 years?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

DragsterDriver wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am The translation I read:

“Nice morning to go out in the car and run over black people.”

Doesn’t seem ambiguous?
It does if you want it to
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 am

Well, hopefully he has changed / matured, and can demonstrate to / convince others he has done so.
I doubt in 8 years time I won't see you as a racist
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:53 am

I doubt in 8 years time I won't see you as a racist
:?:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

MrDominator wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 pm
MrDominator wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 pm Lots of paternalistic head-patting of the poor little ignorant Argie on here.

Can you imagine if the England captain had done this?

He'd be run out of rugby at the point of a pitch-fork.

It seems to me that Matera is being a held to a different - lower - standard because, implicitly, people expect no better of an Argie.

And that, in itself, is quasi-imperialistic and racist.

Throw the book at him; or let Sinckler and Genge have 20 minutes with him in a locked shipping container.
I'm trying really hard to imagine the England captain tweeting something similar. Really really hard...
Not the point.

The point is that if he had, he'd have been drummed out of ruggers for perpetuity.
Can you guess who said this?
There was one for another squad member, one for myself and one for him.We dropped an E and then a couple of wraps of coke and we celebrated winning the test series.
Santa

Post by Santa »

If only he had merely beaten someone up 7 years ago. Then he could be accepted as a changed man.
DonBillydeParis

Post by DonBillydeParis »

I am wondering how he's going to be received in his club when is back from Australia. He will have to explain himself, several of his teammates including in the back row are black people. Having said that his behavior with his teammates since he joined Stade Français has been respectful.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:54 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 pm
fonzeee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Floppykid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:23 pm

It’ll make the Stade dressing room interesting.
He'll have to have some embarrassing/shamefaced talks, that's for sure.
Hopefully this can be moved past.
You would think that he's pals with many of the black/minority players they have. They'll mind a hell of a lot less than the perpetually offended (mostly white) Twitterati.

This happens every now and then in American sports. A player on the NFL's Ravens got in hot water for a few tweets he made when he was 16(!) with the word "nigger". His teammates totally supported him, and it was forgotten.
Just a few, eh? When he was 16 you say?
Yes. And?
I don;t know where you live, but the word has been taboo for 40+ years - though I guess it may have hung around in public schools for longer due to elitism. The only issue here is that black american culture uses it and kids get confused. Even then, most kids will know it's taboo by the age of 7 as their parents will tell them.
handyman

Post by handyman »

Luciano wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 pm
handyman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm He is going to kak when he plays against South Africa again.
Seems that his stupid post was aimed to immigration to Argentina, not South Africa. He is cheering that he is leaving Argentina.
Also, the racist word that he used it is not normally used in a derogatory way towards African people, but to certain neighboring countries of Argentina. Yes, I know, it is confusing, but I wanted to give some local context.
Anyway, complete nasty things to say, and appropriate sanctions have to be applied. There is no place in the sport for any adult, or youth, that behaves like that. :((
:thumbup:
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 am
MrDominator wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 pm Lots of paternalistic head-patting of the poor little ignorant Argie on here.

It seems to me that Matera is being a held to a different - lower - standard because, implicitly, people expect no better of an Argie.

Throw the book at him; or let Sinckler and Genge have 20 minutes with him in a locked shipping container.
I'm trying really hard to imagine the England captain tweeting something similar. Really really hard...
Not the point.

The point is that if he had, he'd have been drummed out of ruggers for perpetuity.
There was one for another squad member, one for myself and one for him.We dropped an E and then a couple of wraps of coke and we celebrated winning the test series.
Dan Carter?
message #2527204

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:06 am

Not the point.

Dan Carter?
Ponting?
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

openclashXX wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Bolivian man carries mp3 with ipod headphones. Sufficient evidence to incarcerate for theft and loss of it
sitting in the seat that points backwards in the bus is the closest thing to celebrating your birthday in Bolivia with strangers
hatred for Bolivians, Paraguayans, etc. is born from that maid who once lost a hair in your food
the fat woman keeps staring at me hahaha poor fat girl I'm not going to give her my seat, that's not pregnancy, no, it doesn't count
I'm going to shave the maid the motherfucker
nice morning to go out in the car when stepping on blacks
South Africa baby! I'm finally leaving this country full of blacks .. ouch !!
The maid has been doing the TV cleaning for 2 hours while she looks for a way to plug in the directv cables to watch her novel
Scummy things to say. 20 years old is youthful but not a kid. Some posters on here seem to think its ok to have racist views when young when in a racist environment. Argentine rugby must be pretty racist then.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Not the point.

eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Auckman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:58 am
openclashXX wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Bolivian man carries mp3 with ipod headphones. Sufficient evidence to incarcerate for theft and loss of it
sitting in the seat that points backwards in the bus is the closest thing to celebrating your birthday in Bolivia with strangers
hatred for Bolivians, Paraguayans, etc. is born from that maid who once lost a hair in your food
the fat woman keeps staring at me hahaha poor fat girl I'm not going to give her my seat, that's not pregnancy, no, it doesn't count
I'm going to shave the maid the motherfucker
nice morning to go out in the car when stepping on blacks
South Africa baby! I'm finally leaving this country full of blacks .. ouch !!
The maid has been doing the TV cleaning for 2 hours while she looks for a way to plug in the directv cables to watch her novel
Scummy things to say. 20 years old is youthful but not a kid. Some posters on here seem to think its ok to have racist views when young when in a racist environment. Argentine rugby must be pretty racist then.
No one has said people think it's OK for young people to be racist. What people have discussed is does that make him racist years later when he's grown out of being a youth. Most say you can't judge him now unless you see that he holds the same beliefs given many youths say stupid things they wouldn't say when they get older. A point that seems to fly above the people trying to criticise other posters in this thread.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

He's hardly being raked over the coals. Stood down for one match and loses the captaincy. Its not as if they'll lose their international career so why so many white knights coming to their online aid?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Auckman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 am He's hardly being raked over the coals. Stood down for one match and loses the captaincy. Its not as if they'll lose their international career so why so many white knights coming to their online aid?
No one is coming to his aid though. But your avoidance of the arguments and actual discussion points to rehash a failed point of outrage suggests you are missing a career in a Twitter outrage mob.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Ok white knight. Don't worry, your victims will be back playing next year.
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Good question, I don't know the answer to this but I don't think there has been mention of more recent incidents / tweets, etc.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Harveys wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:01 am

Not the point.

AND-y

Post by AND-y »

People fudge up. I guess you don't get that, you don't really get it until you fudge up. Really fudge up.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 am Can you guess who said this?
Bruno?
Santa

Post by Santa »

Is taking drugs materially worse than posting racism on twitter? I think yes. Especially using coke. The coke supply chain is... tricky.
Luciano

Post by Luciano »

Auckman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 am He's hardly being raked over the coals. Stood down for one match and loses the captaincy.
Just to mention that they have been suspended until a decision is made after a formal disciplinary process. Nobody knows if it is for one match only yet.

Source: (Spanish) https://uar.com.ar/2020/11/30/comunicado-oficial-3/
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

When I was a teenager I had that American Psycho quote about dissecting women as my MSN status. Edgy as fudge
La soule

Post by La soule »

No excuse for what he wrote.

You know what you are doing when you are 20.

Definitely not a nice person.
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

Has he done anything to the contrary in the last years?
message #2527204

WoodlandsRFC wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:55 am

He evidently wasn't embarrassed enough by it to think of going back and deleting the shit.
La soule

Post by La soule »

His excuse is" I did not know then what I would become today"

Pathetic.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Agree. Not only should he not have been racist, he should have been anti-racist, and by not being anti-racist over the last 8 years he has therefore actually been racist and has not changed one bit.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:00 pm

He evidently wasn't embarrassed enough by it to think of going back and deleting the shit.
You often have experiences where you suddenly remember that dodgy social media post you posted 8 years ago and rush off to delete it?

No? Me neither.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Santa wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:52 am Is taking drugs materially worse than posting racism on twitter? I think yes. Especially using coke. The coke supply chain is... tricky.
Just blow, or hookers and blow?
message #2527204

Harveys wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:33 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:00 pm

You often have experiences where you suddenly remember that dodgy social media post you posted 8 years ago and rush off to delete it?

No? Me neither.
I imagine had I posted racist shit in my youth that I no longer believed, or was embarrassed that I ever wrote or thought in the first place, then yes, I'd certainly make sure I deleted it.
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

Strange that he talks like he is superior to other South Americans.

Is it a race issue with Argentinians generally having more European blood than those countries?

He looks to have a good bit of native South American blood in him, maybe a chip on his shoulder there.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

It sounds like the behaviour of a white privileged Argentinian who grew up in an environment where racism is ok. The different class structures would be more distinct in Argentina compared to western countries imo. South American countries in general seem to have a different view on racism. It seems more acceptable.
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

I actually spent a month in 2013 with the Pumitas.

Petti was there, Lavanini, Matera too.

I didn't hear anything racist but I can tell you with certainty that they are almost all of them from upper class families. Coupled with argentinians innate (misplaced) sense of superiority, that makes most of them (coaches as well) a bunch of entitled plum. Their behavior was crass on more than one occasion.
There's a reason everyone hates argentines in South America.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Heymans wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm I actually spent a month in 2013 with the Pumitas.

I didn't hear anything racist but I can tell you with certainty that they are almost all of them from upper class families. Coupled with argentinians innate (misplaced) sense of superiority, that makes most of them (coaches as well) a bunch of entitled plum. Their behavior was crass on more than one occasion.
So the Argentinians despise the Bolivians and everybody hates the Argentinians.

Lets all hate each other :thumbup:
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Heymans wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm I actually spent a month in 2013 with the Pumitas.

What, and the women?