Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

All things Rugby
Ellafan

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

In other news, we await word as to whether the Indian team have put in a complaint about crowd sledging at the Gabba today.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am In other news, we await word as to whether the Indian team have put in a complaint about crowd sledging at the Gabba today.
You targeted Shiraj on this forum today, so it's no surprise that some spectators at the Gabba also targeted him. I guess they, like you, were incensed that he made claims of racism in Sydney?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket ... 1610706732
JamesJames

Post by JamesJames »

Certain Australians seem to get so triggered by Indian cricket players. I blame Harbajhan Singh and the 2001 series. Prior to this series the Indians had seemed polite, humble sorts. Going about their cricket quietly but getting beaten up continually by the Aussies. Since then they've had a harder edge and given as good as they get. The Aussies hate getting bantered back and very often lose their rag. Its the reason Ellafan and co get so triggered by Kohli and now Siraj.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:36 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am In other news, we await word as to whether the Indian team have put in a complaint about crowd sledging at the Gabba today.
You targeted Shiraj on this forum today, so it's no surprise that some spectators at the Gabba also targeted him. I guess they, like you, were incensed that he made claims of racism in Sydney?

I didn't "target" him - I gave him some deserved ridicule. "Target" is your word, not mine.

Let's face it, he is a young product of a society that revers it's cricket team like living Gods. Imagine 5 (multi) millionaire cricketers going for a curry, and allowing some poor (compared to them) fan in some far away country to pay for their meal? A team that throws a hissy fit when they arrive at a quarantine lockdown and there is no-one to make their bed? Their sense of over entitlement almost defies description. And apparently they are entitled not to be sledged.

Forget about concepts of scientific 100% proof, and look at the weight of the evidence. The balance of probability here is that Siraj had a precious attack about being sledged and over-egged the pudding when he complained.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Are claiming racism again?
grievous

Post by grievous »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 am Grievy in one corner and Sluggy in the other. The White Mamba takes on Punxsutawney Phil. It’ll be epic.
Guy, you have left some white mamba on AC's back again. Now you two have been told about fluffing each other for years. Cmon its not cool bro.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

grievous wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Are claiming racism again?
We await the reaction from the Indian team - if any.
handyman

Post by handyman »

JamesJames wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:55 am Certain Australians seem to get so triggered by Indian cricket players. I blame Harbajhan Singh and the 2001 series. Prior to this series the Indians had seemed polite, humble sorts. Going about their cricket quietly but getting beaten up continually by the Aussies. Since then they've had a harder edge and given as good as they get. The Aussies hate getting bantered back and very often lose their rag. Its the reason Ellafan and co get so triggered by Kohli and now Siraj.
Good post. They used to klap South Africa for decades. Under Greame Smith, we developed a hard edge and did not stand back. Result 1. they have become our bunnies and 2. they have resorted to cheating to try and beat us.

It seems like the whole changing and fixing of the team culture was a ruse.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncateg ... -on-pitch/
ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

One of the nation’s favourite sons will be reprogrammed today to not walk on the pitch when he’s not batting.

Steve Smith, a popular run machine and part-time wrist-spinner, was criticised earlier this week for walking all over the pitch marks left by Indian batsman Rishabh Pant.

Some in the game, most notably English, Indian and Pakistani greats, were quick to call out Smith with a few even calling him a cheat.

If you think Steve is a cheat, then you can go and get f**ked,” said former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland.

Mr Sutherland spoke to The Advocate this afternoon from his beach house, where he has his feet up.

“Steve is not a complex individual when it comes to his cricket. He sees the ball, he hits the ball. He was standing on the pitch, visualising what it would’ve been like for Rishabh Pant. Who shouldn’t even have been batting. That whole thing is fucken dodgy if you ask me but whatever,”

“I’ve spoken to Cricket Australia about it today and during the training session today, Steve is going to be reprogrammed to not walk on the pitch when he’s not batting. To my understanding, this whole thing has come about from a bug in the code. It will only take a few minutes to install the patch and we can all get on like nothing happened,”

“Anything else you want to talk about?”

Our reporter indicated there was nothing else and took the opportunity to hang up first.

More to come.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 pm https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncateg ... -on-pitch/

One of the nation’s favourite sons will be reprogrammed today to not walk on the pitch when he’s not batting.

Steve Smith, a popular run machine and part-time wrist-spinner, was criticised earlier this week for walking all over the pitch marks left by Indian batsman Rishabh Pant.

Some in the game, most notably English, Indian and Pakistani greats, were quick to call out Smith with a few even calling him a cheat.

If you think Steve is a cheat, then you can go and get f**ked,” said former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland.

Mr Sutherland spoke to The Advocate this afternoon from his beach house, where he has his feet up.

“Steve is not a complex individual when it comes to his cricket. He sees the ball, he hits the ball. He was standing on the pitch, visualising what it would’ve been like for Rishabh Pant. Who shouldn’t even have been batting. That whole thing is fucken dodgy if you ask me but whatever,”

“I’ve spoken to Cricket Australia about it today and during the training session today, Steve is going to be reprogrammed to not walk on the pitch when he’s not batting. To my understanding, this whole thing has come about from a bug in the code. It will only take a few minutes to install the patch and we can all get on like nothing happened,”

Our reporter indicated there was nothing else and took the opportunity to hang up first.

More to come.
Steve Smith is a self confessed cheat
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 pm
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 pm https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncateg ... -on-pitch/

More to come.
No shit, the Betoota Advocate is right in there with the latest news, isn't it?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Seems at least one person doesn't seem to remember
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Good fight back from the Aussies. India need some quick wickets or they will be looking to save the match before their first innings
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Paine gone for 50. Good innings but gave it away as soon as he got to 50
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Washington bowls Green. Aussies with two newbies batting now
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Australia keep threatening but just can’t get away from them. Its great fight from the Indian attack.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Cummins gone LBW
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Lyon having some fun
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Lyon gone
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

369 all out

Pretty good from the aussie tail
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

INDIA 11 for 1
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Good cricket being played here. A few chances for Australia but India holding on and playing at a reasonable clip. 55/1 after 19 overs.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

I'm going to look for some odds on whether it will rain after tea - the clouds look ominous, might be worth a punt.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Why is India paying $20 to win? That seems extraordinary odds.
rett

Post by rett »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:04 pm
koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Seems at least one person doesn't seem to remember
Please google the Betoota Advocate before making yourself look silly.Again.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

dam0 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:29 am Why is India paying $20 to win? That seems extraordinary odds.
Two reasons I think - Aust got 350+ in the first innings; and its absolutely bucketing down.

I do recall in past years in Brisbane a monsoonal afternoon downpour, lasting a short time, and the ground drying in the heat within another hour so the game could restart. This looks heavier and more set in.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

dam0 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:29 am Why is India paying $20 to win? That seems extraordinary odds.
Winviz says Aussie 52% draw 45% india 3%
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 am
Two reasons I think - Aust got 350+ in the first innings; and its absolutely bucketing down.

I do recall in past years in Brisbane a monsoonal afternoon downpour, lasting a short time, and the ground drying in the heat within another hour so the game could restart. This looks heavier and more set in.
I did say before play started India needed quick wickets or they were playing to save the game before they started batting.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Look I get that India win is probably the least likely of the 3 possibilities, but 20-1 odds is not justified. They could easily bat well in their first innings and put a lot of pressure on the Aussies to bat well in the third innings.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

dam0 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:50 am

Look I get that India win is probably the least likely of the 3 possibilities, but 20-1 odds is not justified. They could easily bat well in their first innings and put a lot of pressure on the Aussies to bat well in the third innings.
Winviz says 3% for India. Download it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxiEyzR_kY
Olo

Post by Olo »

India only need a draw to retain their silverware. They have to bat long.
Pitch looks good but the Aussies were applying the blowtorch just prior to tea. 2 runs in about 5-6 overs.
Set up for another great match. :thumbup:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

The 3 day weather forecast is drizzle, followed by light rain, followed by patchy rain. The temperature is staying around 30C, and the humidity is 63/77/76%.

The only chance of this match going to a result is if the rain holds off and the humidity causes the rock to move sideways.
FairWeather_Aussie

Post by FairWeather_Aussie »

What’s the deal with all the positive encouragement from the players every time Lyon bowls the ball. After each ball Tim Paine and one or two others will shout out some encouragement, “good ball Gazza”, “well done Gary”, “nice one Nathan”. It’s not done for any other bowler. Is he known to be a confidence bowler?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

FairWeather_Aussie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:48 am What’s the deal with all the positive encouragement from the players every time Lyon bowls the ball. After each ball Tim Paine and one or two others will shout out some encouragement, “good ball Gazza”, “well done Gary”, “nice one Nathan”. It’s not done for any other bowler. Is he known to be a confidence bowler?
Everyone feilding closer to stump mics plus maybe more dot balls?
grievous

Post by grievous »

Got draw written all over this test, with rain tomorrow this good be a fizzer.
Olo

Post by Olo »

India about to roll over
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Olo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 am India about to roll over
F**k India are shit. No excuses for their batsmen, there is plenty of experience in their battling line-up. Pathetic India.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

You would think weather will need to be a factor for India to escape with a draw. Best case for them, barring something special, they are could be staring at a 100 run deficit if not more with plenty of time remaining.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Pant goes and the rest could quickly too.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Everyone but everyone has lauded India for their performance without key players in this series, pathetic is an odd description.
They are still a good chance to take the series if its drawn with the weather expected tomorrow.