Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

This series begins today with a day/night pink ball test match in Adelaide.

The match starts around 2pm AEDST.

Word is that Wade and Burns will open the batting for the Aussies.

Image
Image
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Image
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Image
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:32 am Image
He's only playing in this test match and then heading home to preserve his batting average. Coward.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 6205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by kiwigreg369 »

A lot of pressure on the bowlers given state of Aus batting (no Warner etc). Toss probably critical and may decide game (evening dew and all that shit).

Not sure the Indians can go back to back series in Aus but if they win this they've a great chance.

Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
ovalball
Posts: 13349
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by ovalball »

Should be an interesting contest - might all come down to which of the top orders can see off the 1st 20 overs of the pink ball - which is known to do a bit. Both sides will want to get the likes of Smith/Labuschagne - Kohli/Pujara, in while the ball is still hard and shiny. Both sides have, potentially, long tails but both have match winning batsmen as well. Bowling looks well matched - maybe Aus just shade it - be interesting to see how Green gets on in both disciplines - he could add a lot of balance to the Aussie side.

Australia (probable): 1 Joe Burns, 2 Matthew Wade, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon

India: 1 Mayank Agarwal, 2 Prithvi Shaw, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli (capt), 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Hanuma Vihari, 7 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Jasprit Bumrah
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5538
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Clogs »

Australia by 2 innings and 47 wickets. Here. First.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17720
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Thomas »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
We don't like you either, aussiegreg369. :evil:
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 6205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Thomas wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
We don't like you either, aussiegreg369. :evil:
It's because i'm black, innit.
grievous
Posts: 13376
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by grievous »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am A lot of pressure on the bowlers given state of Aus batting (no Warner etc). Toss probably critical and may decide game (evening dew and all that shit).

Not sure the Indians can go back to back series in Aus but if they win this they've a great chance.

Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
Why would you "like" us? Quite odd thing to say.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

Starc, you little beauty.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

:lol: Starc takes a wicket with the 2nd ball of the match.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ripper of a first over by Starc. He was unlucky not to get a 2nd wicket.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5538
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Clogs »

A bitbof an unusual test this. One senses all of the Australians are right behind their team. Many of the neutrals are undecided (Kohli arrogance) or supporting India. While Ali's Choice is probably cheering furiously for the Xianchoo company's microphones picking up the audience audio.
Last edited by Clogs on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Shane Warne making fun of Cheteshwar Pujara's first name :roll:
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:32 am Image
He's only playing in this test match and then heading home to preserve his batting average. Coward.
:lol:
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5538
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 am Shane Warne making fun of Cheteshwar Pujara's first name :roll:
Shane Warne is a C nt

U can fill in the gap.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 am Shane Warne making fun of Cheteshwar Pujara's first name :roll:
Thats just normal behaviour for Aussie sports commentators isn't it
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17720
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Thomas »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 am Shane Warne making fun of Cheteshwar Pujara's first name :roll:
Thats just normal behaviour for Aussie sports commentators isn't it
Seems like it's more of an institutionalised thing in English cricket to me.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... s?from=mdr
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 6205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by kiwigreg369 »

grievous wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am A lot of pressure on the bowlers given state of Aus batting (no Warner etc). Toss probably critical and may decide game (evening dew and all that shit).

Not sure the Indians can go back to back series in Aus but if they win this they've a great chance.

Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
Why would you "like" us? Quite odd thing to say.
And excellent question and i could end there.

There are teams that play sports that i quite like (either due to their style, approach, passion etc). In the last world cup it would be Japan and Uruguay.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

I love Isa Guha's commentary :thumbup:
mabunch78
Posts: 1368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by mabunch78 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:35 am I love Isa Guha's commentary :thumbup:
You had me at "I love Isa Guha"
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

mabunch78 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:41 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:35 am I love Isa Guha's commentary :thumbup:
You had me at "I love Isa Guha"
Seriously, she's the best. So posh, so articulate and so knowledgeable!
grievous
Posts: 13376
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by grievous »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:31 am
grievous wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am A lot of pressure on the bowlers given state of Aus batting (no Warner etc). Toss probably critical and may decide game (evening dew and all that shit).

Not sure the Indians can go back to back series in Aus but if they win this they've a great chance.

Don't particularly like either team but they are both very good and the game should be enjoyable.
Why would you "like" us? Quite odd thing to say.
And excellent question and i could end there.

There are teams that play sports that i quite like (either due to their style, approach, passion etc). In the last world cup it would be Japan and Uruguay.
Well yes we count on a Fleewee's hate which was why it sounded odd.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

41 runs for the session :yawn:
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
Do you actually appreciate real, test, cricket?

Excellent work form the Oz bowlers to restrict them, and take two wickets - and there were some edges that didn't quite carry that could have been a couple more. If the second session pans out at at say 2 for 60+, then the Indians have wasted the toss and will be vulnerable in the dusk session.*

I therefore expect the Indian batsmen to entrench themselves here, looking to be 0-60 off the next session, and maybe 4 -200+ at stumps with a good afternoon's batting ahead tomorrow to post a decent total - and then have a crack at the Australian batting two sessions in a row with the overnight break in between.

[*Subject to the usual rider - only one team has batted on this deck so far.]
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5632
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
New to test cricket are we
Edit: see Sluggy got there first
Australia are hardly blameless in this, they’re bowling at 4th or 5th off stump and wanting India to have a crack and India are being patient, when the Aussies bowl on the wickets, things happen...test cricket 101
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
Do you actually appreciate real, test, cricket?
Oh ffs, 41 runs is freaking slow going for test match cricket.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Thomas wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:26 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:21 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 am Shane Warne making fun of Cheteshwar Pujara's first name :roll:
Thats just normal behaviour for Aussie sports commentators isn't it
Seems like it's more of an institutionalised thing in English cricket to me.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... s?from=mdr
It is to English crickets eternal shame Yorkshire cricket is sadly well known for their racist ways. I wouldn't want to try any deflection tactics
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:47 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
New to test cricket are we
Edit: see Sluggy got there first
Australia are hardly blameless in this, they’re bowling at 4th or 5th off stump and wanting India to have a crack and India are being patient, when the Aussies bowl on the wickets, things happen...test cricket 101
I'll cop your condescending response if you can point out a slower scoring session without using a search engine.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43030
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Anonymous 1 »

:P
Clogs wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:52 am Australia by 2 innings and 47 wickets. Here. First.
I quite like Gilchrist
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:05 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
Do you actually appreciate real, test, cricket?
Oh ffs, 41 runs is freaking slow going for test match cricket.
It's a combination of good bowling restricting them, together with the Indian batsmen deliberately wasting time by buggering around with the sitescreen etc, so as to try and avoid the new ball under lights.

So yes, its slow, the slowest in about 15 years in Oz, but .... proper test cricket reasons and fascinating to watch, unlike the tip & run/pyjama game formats.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5632
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:11 am
jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:47 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
New to test cricket are we
Edit: see Sluggy got there first
Australia are hardly blameless in this, they’re bowling at 4th or 5th off stump and wanting India to have a crack and India are being patient, when the Aussies bowl on the wickets, things happen...test cricket 101
I'll cop your condescending response if you can point out a slower scoring session without using a search engine.
Why would I need to, both teams are to blame for the slowness, Australia for the lines they are bowling and India for not falling for it, pink ball cricket is very different from red ball and teams are learning to deal with it, batsmen are working out that pink ball favours the bowler and as such are being cautious, how would you suggest they go about it
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:05 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 am 41 runs for the session :yawn:
Do you actually appreciate real, test, cricket?
Oh ffs, 41 runs is freaking slow going for test match cricket.
It's a combination of good bowling restricting them, together with the Indian batsmen deliberately wasting time by buggering around with the siteboard etc, so as to try and avoid the new ball under lights.

So yes, its slow, the slowest in about 15 years in Oz, but .... proper test cricket reasons and fascinating to watch, unlike the tip & run/pyjama game formats.
I'm enjoying the contest, but the scoring is very slow.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 am Why would I need to, both teams are to blame for the slowness,
Where did I specifically blame India? Making up things again?
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

Glove?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:24 am Glove?
100%
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5632
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 am
jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 am Why would I need to, both teams are to blame for the slowness,
Where did I specifically blame India? Making up things again?
Not making things up merely a comment, it was you who wanted me to justify it( the slow scoring) I felt I didn’t need to, for the reasons I mentioned, as an educator surely your comprehension skills aren’t this bad?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 am
jambanja wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 am Why would I need to, both teams are to blame for the slowness,
Where did I specifically blame India? Making up things again?
Not making things up merely a comment, it was you who wanted me to justify it( the slow scoring) I felt I didn’t need to, for the reasons I mentioned, as an educator surely your comprehension skills aren’t this bad?
So just to clarify, you had an arrogant swipe at me for simply commenting on the slow scoring rate after watching the slowest session of scoring in Australia since 2006?
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:24 am Glove?
100%
That did not clearly look out to me, but I've seen them given on less evidence.
Post Reply