Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

All things Rugby
Big Nipper

Re: Cricket: Australia vs India TEST SERIES

Post by Big Nipper »

Thomas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm
Big Nipper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm I am starting to see a pattern with Australian cricket. Awful bunch on the field, complemented with awful fans

x(
:|

Remember when South African fans taunted a players wife? Lol.
I don't think anyone on PR actually tried to justify that
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Big Nipper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Big Nipper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm I am starting to see a pattern with Australian cricket. Awful bunch on the field, complemented with awful fans

x(

I'd say you'd be wrong.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Thomas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:43 pm

x(

I'd say you'd be wrong.
I will happily eat humble pie if I am wrong. Either way, it must get a little tiresome defending the Aussie cricket antics year in year out
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Big Nipper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm
Thomas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:43 pm

x(

I'd say you'd be wrong.
I will happily eat humble pie if I am wrong. Either way, it must get a little tiresome defending the Aussie cricket antics year in year out
Oom certainly did. But he's a fat old racist prick. The odd Kiwi chimed in with someone saying Warner's wife wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed because she had the temerity to defend her husband and herself.

But weren't they handing SBW masks out at the ground to fans? Just having some fun, eh? Classic Saffa humour lolz.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

I think we have made it quite clear that Saffers don't know how to do humour. I recall seeing that on tv and feeling embarrassed to be a Proteas supporter
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 am If commentators were calling the guy Shiraz I think it would be out of order but the supporters doing it is different. Plus the does the brown dog thing pass the sniff test. Case not proven move on.
Move on?

If it didn't happen then a number of quarters need to apologise or explain themselves.
There is innocent and guilty and sort of in the middle is case not proven. That for me is where this is.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Remember after the 2011 RWC when South African fans ran referee Bryce Lawrence out of Rugby, by threatening to kill him and rape his wife? Hundreds of thousands of them joined Facebook hate sites that targeted him. That was just banter, yeah? Just innocent fun? Oh how they laughed!
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Big Nipper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 am
Thomas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:24 am CA have released the footage of the entire Smith incident.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/tim-pai ... 2021-01-12

He scratches away the marks and takes a left hand stance and surveys the field as if he was Pant. Then Pant comes in and asks for his mark as does every decent batsman at the beginning of a new session. Nothing in it.
:lol: :lol:
You are starting to look foolish. Time to stop digging.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

JPNZ wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am
“It's something I do in games to visualise where we are bowling, how the batter is playing our bowlers and then out of habit I always mark centre,"
Also the statement from CA is horseshit coverup as well, because if anyone actually watched the video that I posted originally then unless Steve smith “marks out centre” clearly not on middle stump & facing away from the bowler when he’s batting then he’s not doing anything except rubbing marks out. I’ve never seen a batter mark centre facing away from the bowling end.
You also are making a fool of yourself.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 pm
Thomas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:24 am CA have released the footage of the entire Smith incident.

He scratches away the marks and takes a left hand stance and surveys the field as if he was Pant. Then Pant comes in and asks for his mark as does every decent batsman at the beginning of a new session. Nothing in it.
He is a confirmed cheat so it's understandable he is not trusted. I just don't see why his captain does not tell him to stop doing it. It's a real nothing incident to be getting his name out there in the negative again.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:20 pm
Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 pm

He is a confirmed cheat so it's understandable he is not trusted. I just don't see why his captain does not tell him to stop doing it. It's a real nothing incident to be getting his name out there in the negative again.
You may as well just keep posting.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

I have a feeling that Smith is hard wired to act the way he does, he can't help himself. We can argue till the cows come home about whether it was out and out cheating, one thing I'm pretty sure is that this would be one of the very first time's he's ever gone and scratched new marks trying to visualize what a left hander might be thinking or whatever lame excuse they invented, firstly, as has been pointed out, the marks were already there, all he has to do is take guard and go...oh so this is what it's like...yeah right.
I think it's more of a subconscious thing, bit like a dog pissing over another dogs scent, also knowing what superstitious people cricketers are, perhaps he was trying to mess with Pant by putting down an extra mark to put him of ...which mark was mine type of thing, regardless of his reasons it's a bit iffy to say the least
Another thing I noticed in a previous test match which no one really picked up on but I thought was odd, was when he was bowled behind his legs, turned and watch the bail fall, then took off for the run anyway, he's seen the bail go, was it just an inbuilt refusal to accept he's lost his wicket?
The man, brilliant as he is, is just weird
shanky

Post by shanky »

If it was up to me, Warner and Smith would be rubbed out of the game for ever.

Doesn’t mean that Smith doesn’t have a bona fide personality disorder though.
grievous

Post by grievous »

x(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit like getting a lecture on racism from a Saffa
grievous

Post by grievous »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 am If commentators were calling the guy Shiraz I think it would be out of order but the supporters doing it is different. Plus the does the brown dog thing pass the sniff test. Case not proven move on.
Move on?

If it didn't happen then a number of quarters need to apologise or explain themselves.
There is innocent and guilty and sort of in the middle is case not proven. That for me is where this is.
What the fvck does that mean? It is or it it isnt. Bringing a Crying Wolf precedence unchecked into racism is a dangerous scenario.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

jambanja wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:36 pm I have a feeling that Smith is hard wired to act the way he does, he can't help himself. We can argue till the cows come home about whether it was out and out cheating, one thing I'm pretty sure is that this would be one of the very first time's he's ever gone and scratched new marks trying to visualize what a left hander might be thinking or whatever lame excuse they invented, firstly, as has been pointed out, the marks were already there, all he has to do is take guard and go...oh so this is what it's like...yeah right.
I think it's more of a subconscious thing, bit like a dog pissing over another dogs scent, also knowing what superstitious people cricketers are, perhaps he was trying to mess with Pant by putting down an extra mark to put him of ...which mark was mine type of thing, regardless of his reasons it's a bit iffy to say the least
Another thing I noticed in a previous test match which no one really picked up on but I thought was odd, was when he was bowled behind his legs, turned and watch the bail fall, then took off for the run anyway, he's seen the bail go, was it just an inbuilt refusal to accept he's lost his wicket?
The man, brilliant as he is, is just weird
like i said before tell him he will lose his match fee if he does it again and it will stop.
grievous

Post by grievous »

shanky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 pm If it was up to me, Warner and Smith would be rubbed out of the game for ever.

Likewise but sports stars here get unlimited passes in life, see rugby league.
I thought Paine was doing a great job up to this point even if his cricket probably wasnt quite to a standard needed. He had the revious era behind him but its bubbled back up and worse led by him.
Hes lost me after this test and has shown to be a team liability with his keeping.
I think he has to go after this series.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 pm
Move on?

What the fvck does that mean? It is or it it isnt. Bringing a Crying Wolf precedence unchecked into racism is a dangerous scenario.
No it isnt. There is no need to call the guy a liar because you can't prove he is telling the truth. prove he is lying and that is something else.
shanky

Post by shanky »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm
shanky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 pm If it was up to me, Warner and Smith would be rubbed out of the game for ever.

I thought Paine was doing a great job up to this point even if his cricket probably wasnt quite to a standard needed. He had the revious era behind him but its bubbled back up and worse led by him.
Hes lost me after this test and has shown to be a team liability with his keeping.
Agreed. These guys don’t seem to realise that the baggy green is a privilege, not a right

The ABs have the right idea about this stuff

In that sense, I think it’s a bit different than getting a second chance at the Gold Coast Titans or some such. To clarify, i should have said I’m not advocating that these guys can’t earn a living, only that they shouldn’t be captaining/playing for Australia.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:19 pm
Move on?

No it isnt. There is no need to call the guy a liar because you can't prove he is telling the truth. prove he is lying and that is something else.
What about the people thrown out and falsely accused? What stands up in court? ACB would be open to being taken to court. It needs the investigation completed and if found no case then India need to respond, investigations need to be conclusive ....there have been multiple witnesses...even Indian supporters.
Throwing it out there and when it doesnt stick wander off is how you would like it to go but it doesnt work that way
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Move on?

What about the people thrown out and falsely accused? What stands up in court? ACB would be open to being taken to court. It needs the investigation completed and if found no case then India need to respond, investigations need to be conclusive ....there have been multiple witnesses...even Indian supporters.
Throwing it out there and when it doesnt stick wander off is how you would like it to go but it doesnt work that way
OK conclusive proof that over a period of hours this guy was not racially abused.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 pm
grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm
OK conclusive proof that over a period of hours this guy was not racially abused.
Get out of your bedroom and you will understand how the real world works.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

The cognitive dissonance of Aus fans is quite spectacular here. To the left they shout, "there's no evidence of a racist comment, Siraj has clearly made this up". Then they turn to the right and decry actual evidence, "this is just something Smith does, nothing in it, move along". :uhoh:
grievous

Post by grievous »

mabunch78 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 am The cognitive dissonance of Aus fans is quite spectacular here. To the left they shout, "there's no evidence of a racist comment, Siraj has clearly made this up". Then they turn to the right and decry actual evidence, "this is just something Smith does, nothing in it, move along". :uhoh:
Where is the evidence?
Salient

Post by Salient »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm

There's some talk of Paine losing the captaincy for the final test, no doubt idle speculation, but got me to thinking who would be next up. Considering Smith isn't likely to be in the running, who else do you think could step up?
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

It's Pat C ... but i don't think they want a bowler.
And then it was Travis Head ... so that's not there.

And not Warner
Or Smith
Or Labbie

And Wade seems like a bit of a cnut

So it's Will P or Cameron G

Cameron G it is ....

Or it then depends on who do what with. Wade to keep means another batter in? Carey in to keep?

I like Finch as a captain - but he's not a test cricket...
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

grievous wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:14 am
mabunch78 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 am The cognitive dissonance of Aus fans is quite spectacular here. To the left they shout, "there's no evidence of a racist comment, Siraj has clearly made this up". Then they turn to the right and decry actual evidence, "this is just something Smith does, nothing in it, move along". :uhoh:
Where is the evidence?
He means Smith scratching the guard which isn’t in dispute, just the motivation behind it - i.e. one of his idiosyncrasies which he does all the time vs. something else.

I don’t see the Siraj accusation playing out any other way than the investigation finding no evidence of racial slurs. That said, it would be hard to prove that Siraj didn’t think he heard things even if they weren’t said. It would be very difficult to prove that he knew he had just been heckled (without anything racial) unless he decided to admit that.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Have the Indian complained about Smith scratching around? It's not like he did it during an over or anything and I doubt it pissed Pant off who, going on the video, asked the umpire for his guard as any batsman does at the start of a session.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

I don’t think India have complained. Everything I have seen has been past players.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JB1981 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:01 am
Where is the evidence?
He means Smith scratching the guard which isn’t in dispute, just the motivation behind it - i.e. one of his idiosyncrasies which he does all the time vs. something else.

I don’t see the Siraj accusation playing out any other way than the investigation finding no evidence of racial slurs. That said, it would be hard to prove that Siraj didn’t think he heard things even if they weren’t said. It would be very difficult to prove that he knew he had just been heckled (without anything racial) unless he decided to admit that.
dont think you will get Griey to understand that. "it is or it isn't"
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Don't put a big bet on the test in Brisbane going ahead.

Apparently, in India, it's OK to describe a person by skin colour. Not racist at all. At least if the person is black. It is interesting that the alleged SCG slurs, which only Siraj seems to have heard, involved a combined skin colour and an animal reference. "Black stallion" anyone? Some of the tweet comments recorded here (in 2020) are interesting, whether or not Sharma did actually use a racist term to describe Sammy. I guess a different set of rules apply in India or something.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/fan ... sammy-2014
While Ishant Sharma may have used the term 'Kaluu' in good humour, and may not have intended a racial slur, the timing of this post resurfacing has caused many people to assume otherwise.

While some netizens assumed that the word is a racial slur towards the West Indian, others have come out in support of Ishant, saying that the term is just a regular word which need not be taken as offence. [sic]
There is no doubt that the word is a derogatory term used for black people in India. Basically, it's something like the N-word in English.

I searched but didn't find any comment by the BCCI or Viraat Kohli on the Sharma-Sammy issue.

One wonders if the faux outrage about the unproven Siraj allegations will be parlayed into another reason not to play the Brisbane test? I say another, because the BCCI already played the race card against the Qld government a week ago.

https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket-new ... me-remark/
a BCCI official has further added fuel to the fire by reacting strongly to Queensland’s Health Shadow Minister Ros Bates’ recent comment. The official said that Bates’ comment was boarded on racism’ and ‘seemed rife with hostility’. He also said that the prospect of not playing in Brisbane is still on the cards.

Reacting to the news of India’s reservation over traveling to Queensland, Bates had said: “If the Indians don’t want to play by the rules, don’t come.”
The pampered and precious Indian cricketers are already on record whining about having to comply with bubble regulations. If you read the Indian press, they think life is going on as normal in Sydney and the hotel bubble has all been a ploy to unsettle the Indian team.

It is abundantly clear that the Indian team does not want to play the Brisbane test - they don't like the bubble, they have lots of injuries (including to 4 or 5 of their best bowlers now, depending if Ashwin is fit) which might contribute to a series loss, and they are accusing some unidentified spectator of the sort of racist taunt they use in India against black people and going to town with it. As soon as they arrived in Brisbane they were complaining about the hotel, because it didn't conform with their sense of entitlement.
The Indian cricket board (BCCI) and Cricket Australia (CA) are sorting out the issues faced by Indian team upon reaching the hotel in Brisbane on Tuesday. The Indian Indian players were first informed that there won’t be any any room service and housekeeping facilities...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 232418.cms
grievous

Post by grievous »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 am
Where is the evidence?

Noncy's view of the world.

Cricketer on the boundary has a tough day.
Fans are sledging all day.
Player happens to be non white.
Player is over the sledging, complains to the umpire that he heard someone say black so n so but no one did.
Umpire stops play.
Ground security remove slegders, some innocents get removed, little boy cries cos his daddy was one yet did nothing wrong, doesnt get his heroes signature at lunch.
Cricket authority investigates.
Witnesses, some sitting right in front of those thrown out, claim there was nothing untoward said.
Footage played also cant confirm racist taunt.
Cricket world in uproar, labels country, its people all racist.
Half of NZ pile in on rugby Internet forums for a schadenfreude orgy causing sites to crash.
Cricket authority finds no issue.
Patrons sue cricket authority.
Everyone walks away like it never happened.
Next month in another test series another cricket player in the outer calls the umpire over after getting a hard time on the boundary saying he was called a black so n so
24/7 internet insomniac punter calls it a win for the non white man
rinse and repeat.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

grievous wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 am
Where is the evidence?

Noncy's view of the world.
Is you calling me a Paedo some sort of code for you and your Paedo friends to meet up and do your thing ? Seriously I would love to know why you've started calling me a Paedo. Maybe you know something that should be shared with the bored
GotheCanes

Post by GotheCanes »

Thomas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am Have the Indian complained about Smith scratching around? It's not like he did it during an over or anything and I doubt it pissed Pant off who, going on the video, asked the umpire for his guard as any batsman does at the start of a session.
Exactly. Smith is in his own world and I've never seen any batsman not take their guard again after a break in play.
Maybe the conspricy should include the groundsman for painting over the mark during the break as well
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 am Is you calling me a Paedo some sort of code for you and your Paedo friends to meet up and do your thing ? Seriously I would love to know why you've started calling me a Paedo. Maybe you know something that should be shared with the bored
He thinks he's being terribly clever, because if called out he'll claim that the name "noncy" is a play on your moniker, anonymous. Of course we all know what he's doing. He's the White Mamba y'know? He strikes when attacked.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 am Is you calling me a Paedo some sort of code for you and your Paedo friends to meet up and do your thing ? Seriously I would love to know why you've started calling me a Paedo. Maybe you know something that should be shared with the bored
He thinks he's being terribly clever, because if called out he'll claim that the name "noncy" is a play on your moniker, anonymous. Of course we all know what he's doing. He's the White Mamba y'know? He strikes when attacked.
Poor Grievy. I'll let him have his fun then
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Thomas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am Have the Indian complained about Smith scratching around? It's not like he did it during an over or anything and I doubt it pissed Pant off who, going on the video, asked the umpire for his guard as any batsman does at the start of a session.
So why has Paine and also Smith apologised for his childish behaviour if there wasn't any?
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Enzedder wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 am
So why has Paine and also Smith apologised for his childish behaviour if there wasn't any?
Did they?
Olo

Post by Olo »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 am It's Pat C ... but i don't think they want a bowler.
And then it was Travis Head ... so that's not there.

And not Warner
Or Smith
Or Labbie

And Wade seems like a bit of a cnut

So it's Will P or Cameron G

Cameron G it is ....

Or it then depends on who do what with. Wade to keep means another batter in? Carey in to keep?

I like Finch as a captain - but he's not a test cricket...
I wouldn’t have minded have Finch there in the first two tests. He’s a good captain and a decent bloke. He’s a Davie Warner type player but no reason why he cannot be an effective test opener.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 am
Enzedder wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 am
Did they?
Yep - but after searching I may have gotten the reasons for the apologies mixed up. So many reasons...
Last edited by Enzedder on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.