All things Rugby
Zakar

Re: Sydney.... fvcked

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:49 am
Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:47 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:46 am
Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:27 am NSW has been repeatedly hailed as the Gold Standard for contact tracing and pandemic management, so this shouldn't be an issue. Well done NSW on successfully defeating this latest outbreak :thumbup:
I'm sure it will at least be handled with no toy throwing.
Like the Ruby Princess? No toy throwing, for sure. But plenty of dead people. 5 of QLD's 7 total fatalities all stemmed from that ship, thank you NSW :thumbup:

PS- Is your Premier still banging corrupt politicians for fun, or has she grown out of that phase?
Well you've immediately reached QLDs toy throwing quota :thumbup:
Throwing toys? By correctly, calmly and factually pointing out the 5 of QLD's 7 deaths stemmed directly from a poorly managed NSW cluster. And that your Premier bangs corrupt politicians for fun?
It's cute that you think your posting style is calm.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 am It's cute that you think your posting style is calm.
Not just calm, but fact based. Anyway, hopefully Palaszczuk closes the border straight away. We don't want any of the Southern Plague spreading up from Sydney. Enough Queenslanders have already died because of NSW's incompetence and laisse faire attitude to the virus.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

It's just a headache. No need to panic.

[/Mog mode]
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Probably should close the travel bubble until NSW gets its act together.

I guess the Waratahs will do anything to avoid playing Super Rugby Trans-Tasman. :nod:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 am Probably should close the travel bubble until NSW gets its act together.

I guess the Waratahs will do anything to avoid playing Super Rugby Trans-Tasman. :nod:
They should do what the Warriors have done and offer to base themselves in NZ for the duration of the comp. Would be great to see the Waratahs playing 5 away games in a row against NZ opposition.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:59 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 am Probably should close the travel bubble until NSW gets its act together.

They should do what the Warriors have done and offer to base themselves in NZ for the duration of the comp. Would be great to see the Waratahs playing 5 away games in a row against NZ opposition.
I'm sure NZ franchises would appreciate the training run but there's always the risk of injury before the real stuff starts.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:59 am

The Horricanes welcome our new overlords, if they will allow us to host them, that is.
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

Sounds good to me. Daughter and grandie have arrived here from NZ, so the longer she stays, the better I reckon. :nod: Hadn't seen her for 16 months.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Fvck. Was due up there on Monday. My business partner was up there yesterday. I made sure he didn't come in to the office today.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 am Fvck. Was due up there on Monday. My business partner was up there yesterday. I made sure he didn't come in to the office today.
Why? You're constantly boasting to the forum that COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. And your troll-partner MOG only suffered a mild headache.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 am
Clogs wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 am Fvck. Was due up there on Monday. My business partner was up there yesterday. I made sure he didn't come in to the office today.
Why? You're constantly boasting to the forum that COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. And your troll-partner MOG only suffered a mild headache.

Howzit China?
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 am
Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 am

I'm sure it will at least be handled with no toy throwing.
Like the Ruby Princess? No toy throwing, for sure. But plenty of dead people. 5 of QLD's 7 total fatalities all stemmed from that ship, thank you NSW :thumbup:

PS- Is your Premier still banging corrupt politicians for fun, or has she grown out of that phase?
Throwing toys? By correctly, calmly and factually pointing out the 5 of QLD's 7 deaths stemmed directly from a poorly managed NSW cluster. And that your Premier bangs corrupt politicians for fun?
Try and understand, facts are irrelevant to these posters.

They have formed some kind of bizarre emotional attachment to the national COVID response strategy and see it as a global dick-measuring competition which reflects either well or poorly on them as individuals. Even though they have literally nothing to do with it and no real understanding of whats going on barring whatever click-baiting junk they read in the newspaper this morning.

Best just not to engage tbh.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 am
Zakar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 am

They have formed some kind of bizarre emotional attachment to the national COVID response strategy and see it as a global dick-measuring competition which reflects either well or poorly on them as individuals. Even though they have literally nothing to do with it and no real understanding of whats going on barring whatever click-baiting junk they read in the newspaper this morning.

Not surprising those whose dick length has come up short are upset by this.

Also note that Zakar has now attracted one of the biggest pandemic deniers on the forum into his bosom. :nod:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:25 am

Last time, he had to go and do more important things, then posts shit like that :lol:
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Sort it out, NSW.

:D
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

You'll be good, it ends Monday morning, and as Gladys told us about half a billion times in the presser she's not one of those other premiers so wont "overreact" so even if we have an actual outbreak and we're burning corpses India style she'll open things up.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

UncleFB wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:59 am
You'll be good, it ends Monday morning, and as Gladys told us about half a billion times in the presser she's not one of those other premiers so wont "overreact" so even if we have an actual outbreak and we're burning corpses India style she'll open things up.
I trust Gladys about as far as I piss at 2am. I have shitcanned the trip and will zoom instead. Stay safe up there bros. Also, keep it to yourselves, cvnts.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Clogs wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:59 am
I trust Gladys about as far as I piss at 2am. I have shitcanned the trip and will zoom instead. Stay safe up there bros. Also, keep it to yourselves, cvnts.
Us Kiwis have decided that the NSW types are to dodgy and have paused the travel bubble for 48 hours, even though Gladys has said that it would be an overreaction.
While it's good to know we're being kept safe from the disease ridden New South Welshmen, I shudder to think what this will cost airlines and the travel industry in bookings etc, or will it just end up being a logistical nightmare with no real money lost just people inconvenienced for a few days, stay safe boets
shanky

Post by shanky »

No new cases today either.

Oh my.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:22 am No new cases today either.

Oh my.

AC will be along shortly to accuse you of murdering Queensland cruise going pensioners.
shanky

Post by shanky »

As some wag on Twitter has pointed out…

Not sure where this bloke has got his Covid from, but he’s got an enviable lifestyle. Lunching and dining at nice restaurants 20x a week

:lol:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

shanky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:28 am As some wag on Twitter has pointed out…

Not sure where this bloke has got his Covid from, but he’s got an enviable lifestyle. Lunching and dining at nice restaurants 20x a week

Yep, the Coalition will direct ire at the poor areas but we all know its the plastic toffs in the Eastern and Northern beaches that will cause the shit if it ever spreads like crazy through Oz.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

UncleFB wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:52 am

Yep, the Coalition will direct ire at the poor areas but we all know its the plastic toffs in the Eastern and Northern beaches that will cause the shit if it ever spreads like crazy through Oz.
Northern Beaches? Hell no.

I don't leave the peninsular for elsewhere in Sydney unless I'm under some sort of financial obligation to do so. Most others would be the same.

I've spent more time in the ettrema wilderness area than the CBD this year.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

What I find interesting is that Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne have all had local cases in the past 5 months and none of them have spread much. How come in the UK, USA and Europe this virus spread like wildfire but here in Australia it barely seems to spread at all, notwithstanding the Victorian Wave if 2020. Even when it is undetected in our community it barely seems to spread.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

And drag the chain on Vaccination takeup!
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:13 am What I find interesting is that Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne have all had local cases in the past 5 months and none of them have spread much. How come in the UK, USA and Europe this virus spread like wildfire but here in Australia it barely seems to spread at all, notwithstanding the Victorian Wave if 2020. Even when it is undetected in our community it barely seems to spread.
Europeans all live on top of one another.

Americans don't like being told what to do.

Australia and NZ are the perfect combination of compliant with low density living.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 am

Northern Beaches? Hell no.

I don't leave the peninsular for elsewhere in Sydney unless I'm under some sort of financial obligation to do so. Most others would be the same.

I've spent more time in the ettrema wilderness area than the CBD this year.
Word
kiap

Post by kiap »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:20 am Australia and NZ are the perfect combination of compliant with low density living.
Dunno, mate. I'm working with some locals as non-compliant as Dixieland and good enough to moan for England.

Refusal to scan QR codes themselves while whinging about Johnny Foreigner roaming free spreading the pestilence.

It's the Lucky Country where the Vics only pulled the finger fully last week on the QR code system, five months after NSW.

Allowing NSW now to half-arse it with a decline of more than 16m in the number of check-ins between January and April ... '"despite analysis of mobile location data from Roy Morgan suggesting pandemic highs for movement".

:nod: That's not even broaching vaccines and quarantine.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

Last time, he had to go and do more important things, then posts shit like that :lol:
I'll bet that seems like a totally alien concept to you, right?

Anyway, I'm sure it's very exciting for you all to have the "invisible super-killer" in you midst, but Sydney is going to be just fine. I keep hearing that it's not seasonal. What do I know? But the graphs seem to indicate the opposite, and every other similar respiratory virus is, so that would seem to suggest you can expect a bump over the winter time. Don't freak out though ... if Sweden can handle 30,000 new cases a day over their winter time without too much fuss, then I'm sure Australian can handle one or two here and there.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:49 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

I'll bet that seems like a totally alien concept to you, right?

Anyway, I'm sure it's very exciting for you all to have the "invisible super-killer" in you midst, but Sydney is going to be just fine. I keep hearing that it's not seasonal. What do I know? But the graphs seem to indicate the opposite, and every other similar respiratory virus is, so that would seem to suggest you can expect a bump over the winter time. Don't freak out though ... if Sweden can handle 30,000 new cases a day over their winter time without too much fuss, then I'm sure Australian can handle one or two here and there.
Yeah, nah mate
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Oh my.
I have been patiently waiting for AC and the other ideologues to congratulate the federal government on the excellent job they have done in developing Howard Springs as the world's best facility for home-coming traveler quarantine periods.

The facility has individual single bed cabins, outside verandahs with fresh air and good spacing between huts that is both sufficient separation, but not too far away for human contact, medical facilities including the ability to activate an intensive care unit, is near an international airport, and can quarantine 3000 incoming travelers - 2 weeks each at a time. It is expected to clear through the 9000 Australians to return from India in 6 weeks starting 15 May. :thumbup:

Even your ABC was complimenting it this evening.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am

Oh my.
I have been patiently waiting for AC and the other ideologues to congratulate the federal government on the excellent job they have done in developing Howard Springs as the world's best facility for home-coming traveler quarantine periods.

The facility has individual single bed cabins, outside verandahs with fresh air and good spacing between huts that is both sufficient separation, but not too far away for human contact, medical facilities including the ability to activate n intensive care, is near an international airport, and can quarantine 3000 incoming travelers - 2 weeks each at a time. It is expected to clear through the 9000 Australians to return from India in 6 weeks starting 15 May. :thumbup:

During a week in which the Australian govt proudly criminalised the act of returning home for thousands of Australian citizens, you're seriously demanding hat I congratulate the Federal Govt for their handling of quarantine? Did you have a boozy lunch that has stretched into dinnertime?
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am

Oh my.

The facility has individual single bed cabins, outside verandahs with fresh air and good spacing between huts that is both sufficient separation, but not too far away for human contact, medical facilities including the ability to activate n intensive care, is near an international airport, and can quarantine 3000 incoming travelers - 2 weeks each at a time. It is expected to clear through the 9000 Australians to return from India in 6 weeks starting 15 May. :thumbup:

During a week in which the Australian govt proudly criminalised the act of returning home for thousands of Australian citizens, you're seriously demanding hat I congratulate the Federal Govt for their handling of quarantine? Did you have a boozy lunch that has stretched into dinnertime?
Fuck you're predictable :D . You really need to develop some new material.
trapper

Post by trapper »

Congratulate the Fed Gov for doing something that should have been done 12 months ago?
That's a bit weird.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am

Oh my.

Fuck you're predictable :D . You really need to develop some new material.

Not. Possible.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

trapper wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:24 am Congratulate the Fed Gov for doing something that should have been done 12 months ago?
That's a bit weird.
So, you agree that if they did that 12 months (or +) ago they should be congratulated?

I think the Morrison LNP government thanks you for your congratulations.

You really did just make a complete fool of yourself trapper.

G-O-O-G-L-E - you might want to try it before making a cunt of yourself next time.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

kiap wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:15 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:20 am Australia and NZ are the perfect combination of compliant with low density living.
Dunno, mate. I'm working with some locals as non-compliant as Dixieland and good enough to moan for England.

Refusal to scan QR codes themselves while whinging about Johnny Foreigner roaming free spreading the pestilence.

It's the Lucky Country where the Vics only pulled the finger fully last week on the QR code system, five months after NSW.

Allowing NSW now to half-arse it with a decline of more than 16m in the number of check-ins between January and April ... '"despite analysis of mobile location data from Roy Morgan suggesting pandemic highs for movement".

:nod: That's not even broaching vaccines and quarantine.
Yeah, now imagine one american checking in to an Arby's with a government app. f**king Bernie sanders would be guns akimbo at the thought.