UncleFB

Re: Sydney.... fvcked

Post by UncleFB »

Clogs wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:22 am
Slim 293 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:56 am
UncleFB wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:46 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:32 am

:lol: Of course, I am the problem. Because I am speaking out.

What are your thoughts on the disgrace that is happening in Victoria?
You're a problem if you're calling anyone who disagrees with you a pinko Marxist.

I personally think it sucks for Victorians who are returning, and that they should have been given more time (a couple more days) to get back and then had the cut off from then.
So you agree with preventing people from returning home?
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously...
Re-read what he has posted. He is in favour of a cut off. According to UncleFB it sucks for those caught up in this but if you shift the lock out by 2 more days then it isn't a problem anymore. 2 more days then you can prevent people from returning.
This type of response from you just reiterates Slim's point.

I didn't say that at all.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:05 am
Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:02 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:19 am
Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:59 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:37 am ..., this virus spreads most quickly in lower socio-economic areas.
If that is true (and your assertion is unconvincing without, at least, a proper anecdotal study) why do you think that is? We can take all your assertions that it's all the LNP's fault as read, so what do you propose are the actual reasons?
Wtf is wrong with you? Seriously. Why would this be anyone's fault?

In the Melbourne 2nd wave the virus spread more quickly in poorer areas. Reasons suggested were higher casualisation of the workforce (meaning workers didn't have sick leave, had multiple jobs or were not able to work from home), bigger households living in smaller houses and people from non-English backgrounds not accessing COVID-19 health warnings and updates as quickly or effectively.
And in Sydney? Avalon is not usually considered lower socio-economic.
Did you even read my post before trolling? I was referring directly to the Berala cluster. Ffs.
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:37 am Brad Hazzard copping a bit of a grilling about the fact that there isn't yet a testing site in Berala. He quickly curtails the entire press conference. As we saw in Melbourne, this virus spreads most quickly in lower socio-economic areas.
The median property price for a house in Berala exceeds $1 million. The median rental for a house is nearly $500 per week. You need to do a little bit of research.

https://www.realestate.com.au/neighbour ... a-2141-nsw
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:16 am The median property price for a house in Berala exceeds $1 million. The median rental for a house is nearly $500 per week. You need to do a little bit of research.

In the Sydney context, Berala and surrounding suburbs are still lower socio-economic areas.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:19 am
Ellafan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:16 am The median property price for a house in Berala exceeds $1 million. The median rental for a house is nearly $500 per week. You need to do a little bit of research.

In the Sydney context, Berala and surrounding suburbs are still lower socio-economic areas.
Uh-uh.

According to the SEIFA study's "Index of Relative Socio-economic Disadvantage" the NSW average is 1001 points (45th percentile). Greater Sydney is 1018 points ( %56). Berala, at 906 points (%11) is doing OK. The inner west has changed since you've been away. Newtown is the new Paddington.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Note that higher numbers = less socio-disadvantage.

Link:

https://profile.id.com.au/cumberland/se ... small-area

Also see this map - Berala is the eastern end of Cumberland.

https://profile.id.com.au/cumberland/se ... aKey=40004
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

A week ago posters were trolling Mat the Expat for being a "westie" for living in Glebe, and now we have Sluggy trying to convince me that Berala/Auburn/Villawood are posh.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:47 am A week ago posters were trolling Mat the Expat for being a "westie" for living in Glebe, and now we have Sluggy trying to convince me that Berala/Auburn/Villawood are posh.
No, I'm telling you that Berala is not Fairfield or Walgett.

Your Auburn/Villawood reference can go into the failed strawman bin.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Funny defence of the west Sluggy when you want Penrith and Parramatta thrown out of the Shute Shield.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Mark McGowan giving it to John Barilaro in WA's daily COVID-19 press conference. McGowan is a freakin bulldog.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 am Funny defence of the west Sluggy when you want Penrith and Parramatta thrown out of the Shute Shield.
Stupid post. I've never said that.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

So altogether there are 192 total active cases in NSW, with one person in hospital, zero deaths and zero people in ICU. Today I spent some time reading about what is currently happening in the UK and in California, and in the context of what is unfolding in those two jurisdictions it's almost embarrassing to be discussing the current outbreaks in NSW and Victoria. Certainly makes you feel very lucky to be living in Australia right now :thumbup:

Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Over half the population of the northern beaches got tested in a 28 day period. :thumbup:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Greg Hunt has already told Sky News that NSW will have four new cases today. Why bother with an 11am press conference if people are just going to leak the info when they feel like it?
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:24 am Greg Hunt has already told Sky News that NSW will have four new cases today. Why bother with an 11am press conference if people are just going to leak the info when they feel like it?
It might be the most exciting time of each day for you but people like to have the news as soon as available. It also allows all those journos to be "hand picked " and ask their soft questions you have claimed.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

4 cases in NSW today. But according to the Victorian Government all of NSW is one of the most dangerous places on Earth. A no go zone. A red zone.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

4 new cases announced by Acting Premier Barilaro.

Still fewer tests than Victoria, despite NSW having more cases and a bigger population. Barilaro pleading for more people to get tested.

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Mask wearing is now mandatory at the SCG test.

Multiple new suburbs are now banned from attending the SCG test. People from around the Berala area can't attend the cricket, but they can attend an A-League match.

This is now a genuine cluster-fvck.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:22 am Mask wearing is now mandatory at the SCG test.

Multiple new suburbs are now banned from attending the SCG test. People from around the Berala area can't attend the cricket, but they can attend an A-League match.

Strange post.

Another day of low cases. Seems like we're a long way from cluster fudge.

I get the reason for harsher rules for the cricket - its a much longer potential exposure time.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:35 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:22 am Mask wearing is now mandatory at the SCG test.

Strange post.

I get the reason for harsher rules for the cricket - its a much longer potential exposure time.
Calm down, I was referring specifically to the cricket. Yesterday they slashed the number of people attending by half. They have added new banned suburbs fro the SCG on each of the past two days. Today, Hazzard announced that masks are now mandatory at the SCG whereas previously they said they would never do this. People from the Berala area are now banned from the cricket, but welcome to attend the A League, or any local sports event. Perhaps cluster fvck was a bit hyperbolic, but this is definitely getting messy for the sake of 10,000 people attending Day 1 of the cricket.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:35 am

Strange post.

Calm down, I was referring specifically to the cricket. Yesterday they slashed the number of people attending by half. They have added new banned suburbs on each of the past two days. Today, Hazzard announced that masks are now mandatory whereas previously they said they would never do this. People from the Berala area are now banned from the cricket, but welcome to attend the A League, or any local sports event. Perhaps cluster fvck was a bit hyperbolic, but this is definitely getting messy for the sake of 10,000 people attending Day 1 of the cricket.
Are you aware that 5 days is longer than 90 minutes?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:41 am Are you aware that 5 days is longer than 90 minutes?
That made no sense when Hazzard made that point, and it makes no sense when you make it. Banning entire suburbs of people from attending the SCG, but allowing them to attend A League matches and any other sports event, makes little sense to me.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

My 4th Covid Test today.

Low numbers at RPA - in an out in 10 Mins
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:50 am My 4th Covid Test today.

That's a lot of tests. Without wanting to pry, have you had symptoms or are your tests work/travel related?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:54 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:50 am My 4th Covid Test today.

That's a lot of tests. Without wanting to pry, have you had symptoms or are your tests work/travel related?
Not really as I live in the CBD and have a partner who works there.

1 was after my return from America in March

1 after my partner had cold symptoms

1 after a really sore throat

Today after sore throat and sniffs.

The advice is to test with Cold symptoms as it's impossible to tell the difference without a test.

I aslo have RA so always have a fever - makes working through the symptoms hard
Last edited by Pat the Ex Mat on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:41 am Are you aware that 5 days is longer than 90 minutes?
That made no sense when Hazzard made that point, and it makes no sense when you make it. Banning entire suburbs of people from attending the SCG, but allowing them to attend A League matches and any other sports event, makes little sense to me.
It makes sense if you know anything about risk frameworks
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 am
Rubbish
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:52 am
Rubbish
Exposure time changes the risk. Obviously the risk is still there for an a league game, but it woukd sit differently on your framework.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:31 am
Rubbish
Exposure time changes the risk. Obviously the risk is still there for an a league game, but it woukd sit differently on your framework.
The League and A league venues in Sydney are much more constrained in space than the SCG.

Even so I wouldn't allow any games to go ahead in the current climate.

It's ridiculously stupid
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:31 am

Rubbish
The League and A league venues in Sydney are much more constrained in space than the SCG.

Even so I wouldn't allow any games to go ahead in the current climate.

It's ridiculously stupid
Aren't they only open at a percentage of capacity?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

NSW Health had previously stated that the biggest risk for the SCG test came from attendees travelling to and from the event. That's why they mandated masks for people travelling to the test, but up until today had refused to mandate masks at the cricket.

If the biggest risk is getting in and out of venues, are the busses that A League fans travel on less risky than the busses that cricket fans travel on? Are the stairwells they use to access the SCG less infectious than the stairwells for the soccer?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

I agree, the splitting hairs over sports types is irrelevant and stupid.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

0 new locally acquired cases in NSW. Well done New South Welshmen :thumbup: :thumbup:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

NSW Health Testing on point.

18 hour turnaround on my negative test :smug:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

4 new local cases overnight.

UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

There was so much frikkin toilet paper in the supermarket today, it was impossible to walk down the aisle.

I'm now worried that Coles know things are going to kick off again or they just over ordered due to the possible lockdown.

Annoyingly my favourite TP paper wasn't there - Coles 3 ply double length role, best in the business, the 'fancy' brands equivalents suck in comparison.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:36 am There was so much frikkin toilet paper in the supermarket today, it was impossible to walk down the aisle.

I'm now worried that Coles know things are going to kick off again or they just over ordered due to the possible lockdown.

Annoyingly my favourite TP paper wasn't there - Coles 3 ply double length role, best in the business, the 'fancy' brands equivalents suck in comparison.
Have you checked if your brand is manufactured in the PRC?

Perhaps you should buy one of those locally made fancy brands.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:29 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:36 am There was so much frikkin toilet paper in the supermarket today, it was impossible to walk down the aisle.

I don't know who makes it ... I must admit I don't quite get the point you're making.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Personally, I prefer ‘Xi’s Choice”, double-thickness comfort-girl brand
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Toilet paper nowadays is designed for Lady's Front bottoms

It's a about softness

You need about 4 folds to not "break O
on through to the other side"....

x(
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:29 am

I don't know who makes it ... I must admit I don't quite get the point you're making.
Show some solidarity with your (partially)adopted country and refuse to buy CCP products.