Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

All things Rugby
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20224
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Enzedder »

I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.

No need for the concentration camps.
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by kiap »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20224
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Enzedder »

kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).

D'uh. They won't be coming here to jail (until they reoffend anyway)
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Dark »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:32 am
kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).

D'uh. They won't be coming here to jail (until they reoffend anyway)
Guessing it might be because they don't know whether/when they are going to be paroled, whether they will kill someone inside and end up with sentence doubled etc.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Clogs »

kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
You fvckers just do not want to lose on the per capita scoreboard do you? :x
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by kiap »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:32 am D'uh. They won't be coming here to jail (until they reoffend anyway)
Therefore they go jail first and do not collect $200.

Then they get booted over one of several borders.
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Harveys »

Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:58 am
If you believe what you're saying you're not a troll.
Nonsense, he knows his extreme delusional racist and xenophobic mutterings elicit reactions and that’s why he makes them. Dressing it up as political discourse is the troll.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 17172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Zakar »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:00 am
towny wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:53 am :proud:
Muttonbirds wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:52 am
towny wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:50 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:49 am All good. You will have to get your cheap labour from elsewhere. I've never understood why Kiwis have propped up the Australian economy for so long while Australian businesses have raided New Zealand's limited wealth.
Yep. Well get our forklift drivers from somewhere else.
Covid central perhaps. Those guys don't care.
This wouldn’t be an issue if NZ companies paid fair wages.
Weird. Honest people seeking higher work opportunities in coal driven Australia suddenly fall prey to the Comancheros. What the hell is going on over there?
Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40504
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Anonymous 1 »

kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
They deport people who are not facing a prison sentence dont they. associating with the wrong crowd
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by kiap »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 am
kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
They deport people who are not facing a prison sentence dont they. associating with the wrong crowd
Associating with an organised criminal gang is an actual jailable offence. Essentially, if you are scum ... bub-bye. ;)

So, any crime worth a sentence of 12 months or more triggers automatic visa cancellation.

These deportations run about a 1000 a year.

Image

NZ, daylight, UK and Vietnam top the drop-off destination list.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40504
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Anonymous 1 »

kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 am
kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
They deport people who are not facing a prison sentence dont they. associating with the wrong crowd
Associating with an organised criminal gang is an actual jailable offence. Essentially, if you are scum ... bub-bye. ;)

So, any crime worth a sentence of 12 months or more triggers automatic visa cancellation.
So are they only deporting people who have been convicting of associating with an organised criminal gang or are they saying to people that is what you are doing so we are deporting you.
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by kiap »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:07 am So are they only deporting people who have been convicting of associating with an organised criminal gang or are they saying to people that is what you are doing so we are deporting you.
Are you functionally literate? Are you able to read a chart?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40504
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Anonymous 1 »

kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:07 am So are they only deporting people who have been convicting of associating with an organised criminal gang or are they saying to people that is what you are doing so we are deporting you.
Are you functionally literate? Are you able to read a chart?
I only download music I like. No pressure to go with the herd
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Harveys »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13649
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by MungoMan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?
OK, the AB's 1 to 8 have done fairly well in recent set-pieces against the Wobs. But not to the point when it would be fair claim NZ is 'full of scrum'.
backrow
Posts: 22573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by backrow »

Fairly sure trans Tasman crime works both ways re origin - wasn’t the NZ mosque shooter an Aussie , as well as that murderer who killed the pom backpacker and stuck her in a suitcase ?

Any country should have the power to deport who they wish, place of birth or even if they have been there is a bit immaterial. Plenty of gulf states zap you within 3 days of losing a job or covid outbreak , let alone crime !
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13649
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by MungoMan »

backrow wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 am Fairly sure trans Tasman crime works both ways re origin - wasn’t the NZ mosque shooter an Aussie
He most assuredly is an Australian. And should the NZ penal system be crazy enough to let him out of prison while he is still breathing, no-one halfway reasonable would object to the NZ Government remitting him back to Straya in record time.
backrow
Posts: 22573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by backrow »

MungoMan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am
backrow wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 am Fairly sure trans Tasman crime works both ways re origin - wasn’t the NZ mosque shooter an Aussie
He most assuredly is an Australian. And should the NZ penal system be crazy enough to let him out of prison while he is still breathing, no-one halfway reasonable would object to the NZ Government remitting him back to Straya in record time.
He racked up a decent break though, not quite Norwegian Brevik standard

I always struggle to work out why these mass killers don’t get into the hundreds when they are attacking unarmed people in confined spaces
grievous
Posts: 12456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by grievous »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 am
kiap wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:30 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 am I have no issue with the concept of sending back the crims - I would too.

But the process is so prolonged. They don't even start to look at deportation until after the jail sentence. Why not start/make the decision earlier, end the sentence and chuck them on a plane.
Because you guys can't afford the extra prison space.

Oz is now down to 41k prisoners (160 per 100k population).

NZ is around 10k prisoners (210 per 100k population).
They deport people who are not facing a prison sentence dont they. associating with the wrong crowd
:lol:
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20092
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by kiap »

backrow wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 am Fairly sure trans Tasman crime works both ways re origin - wasn’t the NZ mosque shooter an Aussie , as well as that murderer who killed the pom backpacker and stuck her in a suitcase ?
First one Aussie, second one Kiwi.
MungoMan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am
backrow wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 am Fairly sure trans Tasman crime works both ways re origin - wasn’t the NZ mosque shooter an Aussie
He most assuredly is an Australian. And should the NZ penal system be crazy enough to let him out of prison while he is still breathing, no-one halfway reasonable would object to the NZ Government remitting him back to Straya in record time.
Correct.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 17172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Zakar »

Harveys wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
I've got Smegma that would beat you in an argument sweet pea.
towny
Posts: 19211
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by towny »

Harveys wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
You keep pushing this weird opinion. Are you thinking that someone will eventually believe you if you say it enough?
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 17172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?
Well maybe not now but peak Ben Franks was peak scrum.
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Harveys »

Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:15 am
Harveys wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
I've got Smegma that would beat you in an argument sweet pea.

This isn’t an argument princess, it was a statement.
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Dark »

Harveys wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
:?
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by koroke hangareka »

towny wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:17 am
Harveys wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?

Muttonbird has made Zakar his private dancer, his internet plaything.

:(
You keep pushing this weird opinion. Are you thinking that someone will eventually believe you if you say it enough?
I believe him. I didn't before, but he said it enough times, and something just went click.
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?
Spiritual guardians???
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

Zak doing a sexy dance is the last thing on my mind, even figuratively.

It's clear young New Zealanders are heading over the ditch, being trained as criminals, and returned violent and angry. We have enough problems of our own without the huge gang scene in Australia adding to it.

Jacinda Ardern has called this policy "corrosive". I agree. The Federal government doesn't seem to care about the ANZAC spirit though, so it's time New Zealand thought about controlling what they can control.

First step would be to remove special visa rights for Australians here.
grievous
Posts: 12456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by grievous »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 pm Zak doing a sexy dance is the last thing on my mind, even figuratively.

It's clear young New Zealanders are heading over the ditch, being trained as criminals, and returned violent and angry. We have enough problems of our own without the huge gang scene in Australia adding to it.

Jacinda Ardern has called this policy "corrosive". I agree. The Federal government doesn't seem to care about the ANZAC spirit though, so it's time New Zealand thought about controlling what they can control.

First step would be to remove special visa rights for Australians here.
Im sure NZ's recent trading out of recession has mostly been due to over $34b in bilateral trade but if you think you should get out of that deal because of a couple of retuned bikies that we wont fund for you, go ahead.
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Dark »

koroke hangareka wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:22 am


MB isn't crying about wronged travellers. He's once again expressing his distaste for New Zealanders who live overseas, and his extreme nationalism.
True.

It is only matched by his hatred of probably the greatest Labour PM Savage
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

grievous wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:27 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 pm Zak doing a sexy dance is the last thing on my mind, even figuratively.

It's clear young New Zealanders are heading over the ditch, being trained as criminals, and returned violent and angry. We have enough problems of our own without the huge gang scene in Australia adding to it.

Jacinda Ardern has called this policy "corrosive". I agree. The Federal government doesn't seem to care about the ANZAC spirit though, so it's time New Zealand thought about controlling what they can control.

First step would be to remove special visa rights for Australians here.
Im sure NZ's recent trading out of recession has mostly been due to over $34b in bilateral trade but if you think you should get out of that deal because of a couple of retuned bikies that we wont fund for you, go ahead.
Why should trade be affected? Both New Zealand and Australia trade with many other countries and don't have special visa rights with them.
towny
Posts: 19211
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by towny »

Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
I assume Australia would then do the same. You can't send criminalised Kiwis back here if no Kiwis go over there in the first place. :thumbup:
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 7200
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by JB1981 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 am
towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
I assume Australia would then do the same. You can't send criminalised Kiwis back here if no Kiwis go over there in the first place. :thumbup:
Do we need a referendum on de-criminalising Kiwis?
towny
Posts: 19211
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by towny »

Muttonbirds wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 am
towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
I assume Australia would then do the same. You can't send criminalised Kiwis back here if no Kiwis go over there in the first place. :thumbup:
Assume all you want. But, nah. I don’t imagine it’s in our interests to do obviously dumb shit like that. We will continue to allow NZ citizens full residence rights in Australia, regardless of what you do.

Who else will unload our bags from the plane and erect our scaffolding? Welcome kiwis! The water is warm and the beer is cold. 👍
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

The bit I don't get is Dutton's criteria for deportation is different from the criteria for entry.

Why not stiffen the special visa to include "associating with bikie gangs" as a disqualification?
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Muttonbirds »

towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:30 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 am
towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
I assume Australia would then do the same. You can't send criminalised Kiwis back here if no Kiwis go over there in the first place. :thumbup:
Assume all you want. But, nah. I don’t imagine it’s in our interests to do obviously dumb shit like that. We will continue to allow NZ citizens full residence rights in Australia, regardless of what you do.

Who else will unload our bags from the plane and erect our scaffolding? Welcome kiwis! The water is warm and the beer is cold. 👍
The indigenous population knows all about this attitude. :(
User avatar
Salient
Posts: 3594
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland!

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by Salient »

towny wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am Oh no, Mutton wants to stop the trickle of Australian workers to NZ. That would be devastating to literally no one, and if anything, economically advantageous to Australia.

What’s step 2? Australia pays for NZ’s beautiful new seawall?
You could use the money the Libs are saving on doing absolutely nothing for the environment :nod: Jobs and growth Bro, though no doubt they'll sub contract to some Indian criminal :nod:
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 30685
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is it time to ditch the trans-Tasman partnership?

Post by eldanielfire »

MungoMan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:51 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 am Your country is full of scrum that prefer crime to real work.
:?
OK, the AB's 1 to 8 have done fairly well in recent set-pieces against the Wobs. But not to the point when it would be fair claim NZ is 'full of scrum'.
Maybe he was thinking of Georgia? Though less so these days.
Post Reply