What is next for the GOP?

All things Rugby
towny

Re: What is next for the GOP?

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:53 pm What logistics would be involved in Trump establishing a new, far right political party? He already has a half a billion dollars in a personal slush fund, and access to as much further money as he could ever want. Would he be better starting a new party that he can mould into his own likely, or does he undertake a hostile takeover of the GOP from outside the party?
He would have to build an entire media and telecommunications infrastructure. He’d need to get tens of millions of smartphones into the hands of his faithful, and quickly develop a social media platform and communication apps. Oh yeah, he’d need to create an App Store and lots of apps so people will buy his phones.

He’d need to buy satellites and get communications licenses to beam in his tv content.

Plus of course, all of the other stuff that the a major political party, such as the GOP, has. I guess he’d hire thousands of experts all over the country and office space, as well business snd organizational systems and processes to manage a major organisation.

Plus he’d need to avoid getting indicted in the 100+ cases that are waiting for him on Jan 21st.

I say he can do it 👍
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:53 pm What logistics would be involved in Trump establishing a new, far right political party? He already has a half a billion dollars in a personal slush fund, and access to as much further money as he could ever want. Would he be better starting a new party that he can mould into his own likely, or does he undertake a hostile takeover of the GOP from outside the party?
He would have to build an entire media and telecommunications infrastructure. He’d need to get tens of millions of smartphones into the hands of his faithful, and quickly develop a social media platform and communication apps. Oh yeah, he’d need to create an App Store and lots of apps so people will buy his phones.

He’d need to buy satellites and get communications licenses to beam in his tv content.

Plus of course, all of the other stuff that the a major political party, such as the GOP, has. I guess he’d hire thousands of experts all over the country and office space, as well business snd organizational systems and processes to manage a major organisation.

Plus he’d need to avoid getting indicted in the 100+ cases that are waiting for him on Jan 21st.

I say he can do it 👍
Even if Trump is in jail, Don Jr and Ivanka could lead his new party. In fact, Trump being imprisoned would be great for his new party, as he'd become a martyr. It's funny, Trump boasted that he was going to drain the swamp, but all he did was create his own swamp, with brand new swamp creatures that supported him.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

If Trump does start a new political party, would that party view the armed insurrection, storming of the Capitol Building and murder/assault of law enforcement officers to be a pivotal moment in their history?
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:17 pm
towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:14 pm

I say he can do it 👍
Even if Trump is in jail, Don Jr and Ivanka could lead his new party. In fact, Trump being imprisoned would be great for his new party, as he'd become a martyr. It's funny, Trump boasted that he was going to drain the swamp, but all he did was create his own swamp, with brand new swamp creatures that supported him.
Trump is done. His name is the problem now.
Amazon is going to turn the lights out on Parler. He’s got no social media voice. If he builds his own social media company, then I would think he then needs Amazon or Google or Microsoft to give him cloud infrastructure. Cloudflare might be a way around that but I heard their CFO speak today and I would rule that out too.

He’s leveraged MSM and Big tech’s capability to slate them and to undermine liberal democracy - he will probably have to build his own capability this time. Companies like these have made it easy for small businesses and individuals to get a global voice; however without them you’re back in 2005, and that means you need the old media to give you a voice.

He’s nothing now.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

They didn't get Capone on murder or stuff like that did they? Think it was tax brought him down in the end.

Wonder how that NY investigation into his dealings (and his boasting about being smart enough to not pay taxes) is coming along.......
towny

Post by towny »

PCPhil wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 pm They didn't get Capone on murder or stuff like that did they? Think it was tax brought him down in the end.

Wonder how that NY investigation into his dealings (and his boasting about being smart enough to not pay taxes) is coming along.......
And the rapes. And the Epstein stuff. And the Russian stuff. And the Saudi stuff.

It’s going to be awesome.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

If Trump did start his own political party, I wonder what he would call it? The Trump Party? The MAGA Party?

I think that 'Make America Great Again' was a brilliant campaign slogan in 2016. It played perfectly to his message and to his base. I am still shocked that Trump went with the same slogan in 2020, after dabbling temporarily with the failed 'Keep America Great' slogan.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:28 pm
PCPhil wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 pm They didn't get Capone on murder or stuff like that did they? Think it was tax brought him down in the end.

And the rapes. And the Epstein stuff. And the Russian stuff. And the Saudi stuff.

It’s going to be awesome.

They’re going after Bill Clinton :shock:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm If Trump did start his own political party, I wonder what he would call it? The Trump Party? The MAGA Party?

I think that 'Make America Great Again' was a brilliant campaign slogan in 2016. It played perfectly to his message and to his base. I am still shocked that Trump went with the same slogan in 2020, after dabbling temporarily with the failed 'Keep America Great' slogan.
That wasn't his slogan.

Ronald Reagan first used that in his presidential campaign back in the 80s.

Trump just reused it. And it will be reused forever
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:20 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm If Trump did start his own political party, I wonder what he would call it? The Trump Party? The MAGA Party?

That wasn't his slogan.

Reagan was before my time. Still a great slogan, because it panders so well to entitled, angry white voters.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Do a cameron on it.
Move to the left.

Although it could somehow end with 'the south' becoming independent.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:20 pm

That wasn't his slogan.

Reagan was before my time. Still a great slogan, because it panders so well to entitled, angry white voters.
The Brexiteers used the slogan " Take back control"

A lot of Brits ( English mainly) have this colonial mindset that they should be on top making the decisions.

You could create a populist slogan for each country tailored to resonate with a demographic who feel forgotten and left behind.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

A lot of Brits ( English mainly) have this colonial mindset that they should be on top making the decisions.
A lot of Brits (in England mainly) are first or second generation immigrants who bring a different view on the colonies, the fact you’re grouping everyone though in the rather mental view on the mindset of 68 million people clouds everything you post into he imaginary group .
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:55 pm
A lot of Brits (in England mainly) are first or second generation immigrants who bring a different view on the colonies, the fact you’re grouping everyone though in the rather mental view on the mindset of 68 million people clouds everything you post into he imaginary group .
"A lot of " immigrants are still a minority. I'm talking about the white British ( English mainly) majority.

Anyway my point is for Ali.

I know I'm wasting my time debating with little Englander like you
Last edited by iarmhiman on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Yes hence London remain (lots of those immigrants)
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 pm
"A lot of " immigrants are still a minority. I'm talking about the white British ( English mainly) majority.

You’re wasting time debating if you already “group” someone into a bracket of stereotype and insult I agree.

I’m sorry you’re a racist though. White as a group is racist you horrible person.
Last edited by bimboman on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

nardol wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm

30% plus of Asian and Black British voted leave.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm

You’re wasting time debating if you already “group” someone into the bracket of stereotype and insult I agree.

I’m sorry you’re a racist though. White as a group is racist you horrible person.
I am white so i get to say it.

You're a xenophobe . And a cúnt to go along with that.
C69

Post by C69 »

You’re wasting time debating if you already “group” someone into a bracket of stereotype and insult I agree.

I’m sorry you’re a racist though. White as a group is racist you horrible person
err
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:03 pm

You’re wasting time debating if you already “group” someone into the bracket of stereotype and insult I agree.

It’s quite frankly astonishing that you’ve posted racist and plum stereotypes as your view of the world and then judge someone else to be a Xenophobe.

The lack of self awareness you have is terrifying.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:05 pm

It’s quite frankly astonishing that you’ve posted racist and plum stereotypes as your view of the world and then judge someone else to be a Xenophobe.

Where did it all go wrong with you Bimbo?

Like it sounds like it started so well:

You a barrowboy makes it into the City of London seemingly going well
The crash makes you lose your job and you move to Switzerland for a while
Then something happens.....you stop working and become a full time social media troll...

If only we could turn back time eh?
nardol

Post by nardol »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:02 pm
nardol wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm

30% plus of Asian and Black British voted leave.
Less then the national average.... I'm shocked
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Then something happens.....you stop working and become a full time social media troll...

I boomed during the crash.

I had a great time in Switzerland topping up the coffers.

I am employed by 3 companies currently.

I do have a bit too much spare time. And I spend some that posting here, we are currently locked down so I’m hardly unique.

Nah, turning back time is irrelevant, I’ve made few mistakes in life, and certainly don’t express racist and bigoted views for likes in the way you do as examples of Internet use.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:12 pm

I do have a bit too much spare time. And I spend some that posting here, we are currently locked down so I’m hardly unique.

Nah, turning back time is irrelevant, I’ve made few mistakes in life, and certainly don’t express racist and bigoted views for likes in the way you do as examples of Internet use.
I wonder are those 3 companies far right media companies employing you do spread confusion and disinformation on social media platforms.

A long shot but would explain the sheer amount of time on not just PR but NPR and likely other forums not to mention the sheer dishonesty .
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:16 pm

I wonder are those 3 companies far right media companies employing you do spread confusion and disinformation on social media platforms.

A long shot but would explain the sheer amount of time on not just PR but NPR and likely other forums not to mention the sheer dishonesty .

None of them are social media companies, your “long shot” is only framed to insult etc. You’re a 38 year old virgin who has a lodger to pay the bills and spends more time on here than I do, I’d stop throwing stones if I was you,
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:22 pm

None of them are social media companies, your “long shot” is only framed to insult etc. You’re a 38 year old virgin who has a lodger to pay the bills and spends more time on here than I do, I’d stop throwing stones if I was you,
Struck a chord there. I wrote that long shot just to see how you would react and i got a paranoid response .

I wouldn't dismiss the theory just yet.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm
bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:06 am
towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 am Calling a racist out isn’t censoring them. If you’re stupid, I will call you stupid. If you’re a fascist, I will call you a fascist. That’s not in any way censoring, you stupid fascist.

No one is censoring you. No one is censoring Trump. We just think you’re f*ckwits. Get it?

Calling people out is what you do AFTER they’ve expressed a repugnant view.

You want censorship because you’re scared or stupid or in your case both.
I don’t want any censorship. Twitter isn’t censoring anyone. They are banning individuals for continually breaking the rules.

I thought you were for private business. I thought you were for law and order.

No?
You are outrageously stupid. By all means rejoice in the censorship, but don't be so moronic as to claim its anything other than censorship.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/c ... itter.html

If it were about the rules then Netanyahu and khameini would be long gone.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Struck a chord there. I wrote that long shot just to see how you would react and i got a paranoid response .

It wasn’t paranoid you fool, it was laughing at you.

You seem to think by typing something as “fact” my life actually changes in some way,
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

It wasn’t paranoid you fool, it was laughing at you.

You seem to think by typing something as “fact” my life actually changes in some way,
You're mentally unhinged. Of course it was a paranoid response. Your behaviour on here every day is recent. It's only the last 4 years you've become a nutter looking to pick fights with strangers on the internet every day.

You were not like this 10 years ago. Keep getting that help and stop being so confrontational. You'll find it liberating
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Anyway Ali.

This is what happens when certain posters deliberately try to derail a thread. People forget what it was about.

Don't read Bimbos response to this.

Point stands

Make America Great again or another emotional slogan like Take back Control can be tailored to any country that taps in to a frustrated demographic
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Mods, can we rename this thread "The Conspiracy Theory mega-thread".
towny

Post by towny »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 pm Anyway Ali.

This is what happens when certain posters deliberately try to derail a thread. People forget what it was about.

Don't read Bimbos response to this.

Point stands

Make America Great again or another emotional slogan like Take back Control can be tailored to any country that taps in to a frustrated demographic
Bimbo needs a win. Everything he’s said for 5 years is now in tatters. He can’t even double down on his bullshit. The only thing left he can do is throw poop at an online wall and claim victory when people get the shits.

I know this all too well, which is why I deal with it like a master. I know these tactics like the back of my hand. Seen them 1000 times.

I used to be married to an Australian woman.
towny

Post by towny »

RodneyRegis wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 pm
towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 am Calling a racist out isn’t censoring them. If you’re stupid, I will call you stupid. If you’re a fascist, I will call you a fascist. That’s not in any way censoring, you stupid fascist.

No one is censoring you. No one is censoring Trump. We just think you’re f*ckwits. Get it?

I don’t want any censorship. Twitter isn’t censoring anyone. They are banning individuals for continually breaking the rules.

No?
You are outrageously stupid. By all means rejoice in the censorship, but don't be so moronic as to claim its anything other than censorship.

Excuse me, but let me give you some information.

1. I’m someone that doesn’t believe in censorship. I beleive that anyone should be able to say what they want and be accountable for it.
2. Twitter has previously put out info that politicians are exempt from many of the rules that pertain to the average user. That’s why Trump wasn’t banned on day 1. He got a pass because of the position he holds as President.
3. Twitter’s banning of him now is because his breaking of rules is actually killing people and endangering the liberal democracy. It’s not because he’s a liar and merely breaking the rules - it’s because he’s using the platform to potentially overthrow democracy. And, real people are dying.

If Iranian or Israeli politicians’ tweets had similar direct, real world, negative impact, then you could presume that they’ll be banned as well.

So, build your strawmen and show me your red herrings - I’ve read and heard them all. What’s pissing you off is actually your own ignorance - you don’t understand what’s happened - all you know is what dishonest political leaders have told you. You’re angry that the fascists aren’t allowed to use misinformation; however they still can. What they can’t do, is peddle in misinformation that will imperil the lives of real people by idiots like yourself that aren’t smart enough to tell truth from propaganda.

Ciao cnut.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You're mentally unhinged. Of course it was a paranoid response. Your behaviour on here every day is recent. It's only the last 4 years you've become a nutter looking to pick fights with strangers on the internet every day.

You were not like this 10 years ago. Keep getting that help and stop being so confrontational. You'll find it liberating
I’m perfectly sane, you’re a massive hypocrite who attacks people constantly, you’re life is even more disappointing than mine.

You’re on here more than me. :lol:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

3. Twitter’s banning of him now is because his breaking of rules is actually killing people and endangering the liberal democracy. It’s not because he’s a liar and merely breaking the rules - it’s because he’s using the platform to potentially overthrow democracy. And, real people are dying.

Worst coup ever.... :lol:

What a load of nonsense, ffs the main protagonists were Larpers.
towny

Post by towny »

You left out that you’ve got a massive wang and that you’re dad could beat up our dad. Also, you got laid heaps of times over the holidays but none of those girls live around here and we wouldn’t know them.
towny

Post by towny »

bimboman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Worst coup ever.... :lol:

What a load of nonsense, ffs the main protagonists were Larpers.
It’s 100% true.

But I didn’t say it was a coup. I don’t believe it was a coup attempt.

GOP politicians think this but I don’t. Almost all successful coups are managed by military officers or lawyers. Smart people. Trump’s rednecks aren’t qualified.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

towny wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:50 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 pm

No?

Excuse me, but let me give you some information.

1. I’m someone that doesn’t believe in censorship. I beleive that anyone should be able to say what they want and be accountable for it.
2. Twitter has previously put out info that politicians are exempt from many of the rules that pertain to the average user. That’s why Trump wasn’t banned on day 1. He got a pass because of the position he holds as President.

If Iranian or Israeli politicians’ tweets had similar direct, real world, negative impact, then you could presume that they’ll be banned as well.

So, build your strawmen and show me your red herrings - I’ve read and heard them all. What’s pissing you off is actually your own ignorance - you don’t understand what’s happened - all you know is what dishonest political leaders have told you. You’re angry that the fascists aren’t allowed to use misinformation; however they still can. What they can’t do, is peddle in misinformation that will imperil the lives of real people by idiots like yourself that aren’t smart enough to tell truth from propaganda.

Ciao cnut.
You don't think their tweets 'incite violence', but you think trump's do? And I'm the one influenced by propaganda?
towny

Post by towny »

Do they incite real world violence? Do you have a link to some? These people aren’t even big fish - you’re comparing the most high profile person in the world during a period of unprecedented US instability to dudes that have 19 followers.

Is Twitter even in Iran ffs?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You left out that you’ve got a massive wang and that you’re dad could beat up our dad. Also, you got laid heaps of times over the holidays but none of those girls live around here and we wouldn’t know them.
My dads 82, I imagine your dad is a bit like Donk from crocodile Dundee.

Very average Todger and married for 15 years with two kids in the house, you work it out Sherlock.

The other stuff I wrote is all true,
Last edited by bimboman on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.