New Zealand...fvcked

All things Rugby
Pat the Ex Mat

Re: New Zealand...fvcked

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:23 am
UncleFB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 am
guy smiley wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:11 pm This from Australia's ABC is an excellent breakdown on how not to run a vaccination program with promises of timeframes...

it would be bloody funny if it wasn't such a f**king cock up.
It's funny just scrolling down just looking at the graph.
:lol:

That thing's moving like a weather vane on a gusty day.
Like a work experience kid given Excel for the day....
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

The ABC have stepped up their media presentations over the last couple of months. They're a pretty decent standard.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:44 am The ABC have stepped up their media presentations over the last couple of months. They're a pretty decent standard.
Oh, I didn't mean them - I'm talking Scomo and his "advisors" playing with X & Y axis trying to make the data fit the "Premise" x(
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

UncleFB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:11 am
booji boy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:19 pm
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:00 am
Tehui wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:33 am In my view, they shouldn't put a bloody timeframe on it. Just say they aim to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. There's too many bloody variables that can impact each other.
If they don’t have any timeframe the likes of Dark and National will just pivot to claiming they hopeless because they don’t have a time frame.
Yeah just don't put a timeframe on anything. It's a recipe for disaster. They made the mistake of putting a timeframe on Kiwi Build and look how that turned out? :roll:

Listen to you guys? In your personal professional careers do you avoid putting a timeframe on anything so that you can't be held accountable when you don't meet them? Of course you don't and I'm sure your employer wouldn't find it acceptable if you tried to work that way. Why are you guys so willing to accept underachievement and non achievement from this Govt?
Why did you reply to me with this post, I wasn't advocating not putting a timeframe, I was just stating that Dark and the Nats will find a way to whinge either way.

Also, if I miss a timeframe at work there's not a thread on a rugby forum with people having a hissy fit about it, and if there were clear reasons why my timeframes blew out (lack of data from outside my area) then my employers would understand that.

Also, as has been noted in the thread, the vaccinations are on target currently, why are you shooting your load before you need to like Dark and one of the J letters peeps whose name I can't quite remember yet?
I was jusr looking for a nibble but I've got my full quota and can head home now! :lol:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:48 am
Tehui wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:33 am In my view, they shouldn't put a bloody timeframe on it. Just say they aim to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. There's too many bloody variables that can impact each other.
If they don’t have any timeframe the likes of Dark and National will just pivot to claiming they hopeless because they don’t have a time frame.
Yeah just don't put a timeframe on anything. It's a recipe for disaster. They made the mistake of putting a timeframe on Kiwi Build and look how that turned out? :roll:

Listen to you guys? In your personal professional careers do you avoid putting a timeframe on anything so that you can't be held accountable when you don't meet them? Of course you don't and I'm sure your employer wouldn't find it acceptable if you tried to work that way. Why are you guys so willing to accept underachievement and non achievement from this Govt?
Why did you reply to me with this post, I wasn't advocating not putting a timeframe, I was just stating that Dark and the Nats will find a way to whinge either way.

Also, if I miss a timeframe at work there's not a thread on a rugby forum with people having a hissy fit about it, and if there were clear reasons why my timeframes blew out (lack of data from outside my area) then my employers would understand that.

Also, as has been noted in the thread, the vaccinations are on target currently, why are you shooting your load before you need to like Dark and one of the J letters peeps whose name I can't quite remember yet?
I was jusr looking for a nibble but I've got my full quota and can head home now! :lol:
Grrrr, do I have to assign you to the Dark, Muttonbirds, Crazyislander (he just put me on ignore so he's in the group :lol: ) area of PR now.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

UncleFB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:49 am

Grrrr, do I have to assign you to the Dark, Muttonbirds, Crazyislander (he just put me on ignore so he's in the group :lol: ) area of PR now.

I hope not. :((
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

So you're saying I should have responded to Tehui. Sorry, misread your post and thought you were agreeing with him?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:45 am
guy smiley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:44 am The ABC have stepped up their media presentations over the last couple of months. They're a pretty decent standard.
Oh, I didn't mean them - I'm talking Scomo and his "advisors" playing with X & Y axis trying to make the data fit the "Premise" x(
:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:52 am

Just know I'll do it with a heavy heart. :((
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

UncleFB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:56 am
booji boy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:52 am

Just know I'll do it with a heavy heart. :((
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Fair enough. To be honest, I've become increasingly cynical about arbitrary timeframes being made by people in charge of important projects. In my experience, they make promises about timeframes that are either unrealistic, have too many variables outside of our control, or the project requires a much larger resource commitment than is currently involved in the project.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Tehui wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:51 am

Fair enough. To be honest, I've become increasingly cynical about arbitrary timeframes being made by people in charge of important projects. In my experience, they make promises about timeframes that are either unrealistic, have too many variables outside of our control, or the project requires a much larger resource commitment than is currently involved in the project.
Understandable, you were involved in Dark and the Maori Party's Whanau Ora experiment. ;)

Just kidding, e hoa.

But I do get where you're coming from, as there are outside factors which influence any timetable, but I think the whining with no timetable would be worse than even missing hitting the target of one even just by 24 hours.
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

You're f**ked now. Poor Jacinda.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

You were querying about the number of active vaccinators Jammy -there is some info on the MoH site

Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

The Optimist wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:07 am Image

Ah, lovely. A show of unity and symbolism for the ages. Let's hope reality meets this intent.

It means a lot to New ZeaIanders, but I can't help thinking that the Liberal party base will find this woke and comical.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:32 am
The Optimist wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:07 am Image

Ah, lovely. A show of unity and symbolism for the ages. Let's hope reality meets this intent.

It means a lot to New ZeaIanders, but I can't help thinking that the Liberal party base will find this woke and comical.
Tongues
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

It looks as though the noose is tightening rapidly on those taking a punt on Aussie travel.

Who wants to bet that the door will (or wont) be shut by the end of next week?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:09 am It looks as though the noose is tightening rapidly on those taking a punt on Aussie travel.

Who wants to bet that the door will (or wont) be shut by the end of next week?
fudge a few Aussies and a few tourism operators out of Queenstown/ Wanaka will be sweating on it having booked ski holidays! Still that's a month or two away so depends how long the door is shut I suppose.

I've been looking to book a week in August and most accommodation is already fully booked.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

More worrying data from the MOH
Newshub can reveal just over 60 percent of a group labelled 'high-risk' by the Government are yet to receive their first vaccination to protect them against COVID-19.

They include frontline health workers, those in long-term care, and older Māori and Pacific people.

And only half of another high-risk group - those who live with border workers or managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) employees - have received their first jab. Two leading epidemiologists say it's not good enough.

When it comes to getting vaccinated against the virus, the public messaging has been clear: we're exceeding Government goals and doing well.

"Our plan to vaccinate New Zealanders is on track," Dr Ayesha Verrall, the Associate Health Minister, told reporters on Wednesday.

But Newshub has obtained Ministry of Health data that tells a different story when it comes to some of our highest-risk groups.

"I think we've seen a lot of self-congratulatory talk by the Government," said Otago University public health professor Nick Wilson.

"We should be really pushing the vaccination programme at a much faster rate."

An estimated 50,000 people have been categorised in Group 1B - these are household members of border and MIQ workers. Ministry figures show around 50 percent have not even had their first shot.

"That is unfortunately way too low," Prof Wilson says.

His colleague, Otago University Professor Michael Baker, agrees.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

JPNZ wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 pm More worrying data from the MOH
Newshub can reveal just over 60 percent of a group labelled 'high-risk' by the Government are yet to receive their first vaccination to protect them against COVID-19.

They include frontline health workers, those in long-term care, and older Māori and Pacific people.

And only half of another high-risk group - those who live with border workers or managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) employees - have received their first jab. Two leading epidemiologists say it's not good enough.

When it comes to getting vaccinated against the virus, the public messaging has been clear: we're exceeding Government goals and doing well.

"Our plan to vaccinate New Zealanders is on track," Dr Ayesha Verrall, the Associate Health Minister, told reporters on Wednesday.

But Newshub has obtained Ministry of Health data that tells a different story when it comes to some of our highest-risk groups.

"I think we've seen a lot of self-congratulatory talk by the Government," said Otago University public health professor Nick Wilson.

"We should be really pushing the vaccination programme at a much faster rate."

An estimated 50,000 people have been categorised in Group 1B - these are household members of border and MIQ workers. Ministry figures show around 50 percent have not even had their first shot.

"That is unfortunately way too low," Prof Wilson says.

His colleague, Otago University Professor Michael Baker, agrees.
I was chatting to a mate yesterday and his 94 year old mother has yet to be contacted, I told him he needs to phone and get her booked in, because she might 96 by the time they contact her, another mate, 65, did exactly that,, decided it wasn't worth hanging around waiting to be contacted so got hold of them and he's booked in for next week
There are some inconsistencies in the communication around this which is concerning

On the positive side, my wife has finally been contacted by the ministry of health and has been given approval to administer the vaccine, she's also been offered a casual contract by one of local medical centers to do weekend work administering vaccines
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

I think the stat we should be concentrating on is the number of unused vaccinations available - the ones that could have been used but haven't yet. And then find the reason.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

My parents (80 & 79) have both had their 1st jab and my wife had hers yesterday (she is in the high risk category after being diagnosed with breast cancer in January and having surgery in February). Thankfully we found out a few weeks ago that she won't need chemo which was a massive relief as we thought it was 80% likely that she would. Chemo would definitely compromise her immune system but I'm not sure why she is still in that category. Must be the ongoing medication she is required to take.

In terms of my parents Dads was arranged like clockwork but mum wasn't in the system at all. They had to specially ask for her to be added and she accompanied dad to get his jab and they added her to the system.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:47 pm I think the stat we should be concentrating on is the number of unused vaccinations available - the ones that could have been used but haven't yet. And then find the reason.
Apparently, and this really is on hearsay, if you go to the center administering vaccines at the end of the day there's every likely hood that you will be able to get a jab because they don't want to waste any
A colleague of my wife who is doing full time vaccination, is ringing anyone she knows every time someone fails to turn up for their appointment
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

booji boy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:48 pm My parents (80 & 79) have both had their 1st jab and my wife had hers yesterday (she is in the high risk category after being diagnosed with breast cancer in January and having surgery in February). Thankfully we found out a few weeks ago that she won't need chemo which was a massive relief as we thought it was 80% likely that she would. Chemo would definitely compromise her immune system but I'm not sure why she is still in that category. Must be the ongoing medication she is required to take.

In terms of my parents Dads was arranged like clockwork but mum wasn't in the system at all. They had to specially ask for her to be added and she accompanied dad to get his jab and they added her to the system.
Great news about your wife, booji boy.
Last edited by Kiwias on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

jambanja wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:11 am
Enzedder wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:47 pm I think the stat we should be concentrating on is the number of unused vaccinations available - the ones that could have been used but haven't yet. And then find the reason.
Apparently, and this really is on hearsay, if you go to the center administering vaccines at the end of the day there's every likely hood that you will be able to get a jab because they don't want to waste any
A colleague of my wife who is doing full time vaccination, is ringing anyone she knows every time someone fails to turn up for their appointment
One of the centres here in Chch put out that call not long after they first started, but the result was some people who had booked appointments actually missed out. They've probably sorted that out now though. The difference in organisation between the first and second jabs at the same centre was remarkable. Fro a complete shambles to a well oiled machine.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

booji boy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:48 pm My parents (80 & 79) have both had their 1st jab and my wife had hers yesterday (she is in the high risk category after being diagnosed with breast cancer in January and having surgery in February). Thankfully we found out a few weeks ago that she won't need chemo which was a massive relief as we thought it was 80% likely that she would. Chemo would definitely compromise her immune system but I'm not sure why she is still in that category. Must be the ongoing medication she is required to take.

Sorry to hear about your wife Booji... that must have been bloody tough on you both. Best of luck to you both :thumbup:
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 am

Sorry to hear about your wife Booji... that must have been bloody tough on you both. Best of luck to you both :thumbup:
This and this.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:23 am
guy smiley wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 am

This and this.
+1 :thumbup:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

That happened to my sister, she was walking her dog with a friend and they called them in.

I think this is true worldwide (not sure about here in Oz though as who hangs out around Olympic Park for kicks. :lol: )?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Thanks guys.

Thought about sharing the news at the time but it's a sensitive subject to broach. My wife's surgery was in Rotorua at about the same time you were in MIQ in Rotorua Guy, you might recall I was in Rotorua for a few days back in February.

Anyway thanks again. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

booji boy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:03 am Thanks guys.

Thought about sharing the news at the time but it's a sensitive subject to broach. My wife's surgery was in Rotorua at about the same time you were in MIQ in Rotorua Guy, you might recall I was in Rotorua for a few days back in February.

Anyway thanks again. :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: Yeah, I remember you mentioned that.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:02 am
That happened to my sister, she was walking her dog with a friend and they called them in.

I think this is true worldwide (not sure about here in Oz though as who hangs out around Olympic Park for kicks. :lol: )?
Not in the US, you can waltz into any pharmacy here and get a shot for free. They may have fcked up the initial response but they nailed the vaccine rollout.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

True Blue wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:21 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:02 am

Not in the US, you can waltz into any pharmacy here and get a shot for free. They may have fcked up the initial response but they nailed the vaccine rollout.
I was meaning of places with an actual limited numbers rollout - not you lot with vaccine a plenty. 😉
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Happy to hear that the better half is recovering well Booji. :thumbup:
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 am Happy to hear that the better half is recovering well Booji. :thumbup:
Cheers Enz :thumbup:
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Some good OECD vaccination comparisons here, http://trevortombe.github.io/covidgraphs/oecd

Posted the main graph but the forum resizes it too small.

Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Looks like it has got away in Fiji... ?
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

booji boy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am
Enzedder wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 am Happy to hear that the better half is recovering well Booji. :thumbup:
Cheers Enz :thumbup:

Ditto .
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Thanks Sydney..

Interesting the morning after landing they went to the chemist... :shock:
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Also the case was here till Monday yet the MOH only notifying locations they went to on Saturday.

Good luck if your walking around wellington today