New Zealand...fvcked

All things Rugby
Auckman

Re: New Zealand...fvcked

Post by Auckman »

I can't see Auckland going down to level 3 next week. Too many unlinked cases and now that spike in numbers today. Best to hope for is one more week at level 4 and then the drop to level 3.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Auckman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:19 am I can't see Auckland going down to level 3 next week. Too many unlinked cases and now that spike in numbers today. Best to hope for is one more week at level 4 and then the drop to level 3.
Yep, they won't risk it.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Really feel for Auckland - they have this because they have more hotels but it could be here, Rotorua, Christchurch. The pain for the country is worse because Auckland got unlucky.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:47 pm
jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 pm
mr bungle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:38 pm Tough times in Tauranga. Keep well, boomers.
It’s funny the little things that trigger you in times like these, oh and boomer :x I’ll have you know I’m far too young to be a boomer
It appears you're boomer-adjacent enough to act like one though, Karenbanja. :D
:lol: It’s a fair cop guv :blush:
:lol: :lol: :thumbup: all around.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

As a former citizen of Katikati I must express outrage at the suggestion we fall under the 'Tauranga' banner. :x

Disappointed they haven't outright banned big-city folks from our supermarket during these trying times.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Tehui wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am
JB1981 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:15 pm We don’t have mandated trolleying at our local Countdown.
It's the first time I've heard about a rule like this too. It's silly.

I find the the best way to make people stay out of your bubble is to wear gang paraphernalia, and to ask people "how the F* are you?'. Works like a charm.
:lol:

Not sure that’s going to work for me🤔
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:32 am Does the trolley policy actually make it easier to maintain social distancing or just block everything and end up jamming people closer together for longer? Especially those who may be going in the opposite direction to each other?
If the supermarket had a one way system in place then the trolley policy would absolutely work, but they don’t, once in the store it’s all just go wherever you want which just nullifies that whole policy, you’ve seen supermarket aisles, 2 meter social distancing is impossible in them there aisles
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Demilich wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:07 am As a former citizen of Katikati I must express outrage at the suggestion we fall under the 'Tauranga' banner. :x

Disappointed they haven't outright banned big-city folks from our supermarket during these trying times.
Katikati is practically a suburb of Tauranga now. It's got that big city vibe :lol:
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Three more cases picked up at Middlemore - an adult, another adult and their infant.

Neither adult has visited any locations of interest or had any known contact with anyone from this outbreak. With “mystery” cases still popping up you would think a drop in levels is out the window.

I wonder if people are losing motivation to get tested. Middlemore’s requirement for testing almost acts a a de facto community spot check and has thrown up 5-6 cases recently who may not otherwise have been tested - or at least not for some time if at all without symptoms.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/c ... d-hospital
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

:shock:
JB1981 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:41 am Three more cases picked up at Middlemore - an adult, another adult and their infant.

Neither adult has visited any locations of interest or had any known contact with anyone from this outbreak. With “mystery” cases still popping up you would think a drop in levels is out the window.

I wonder if people are losing motivation to get tested. Middlemore’s requirement for testing almost acts a a de facto community spot check and has thrown up 5-6 cases recently who may not otherwise have been tested - or at least not for some time if at all without symptoms.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/c ... d-hospital
Frequently go for walks and have seen suspiciously large bubbles playing ball sports on the berm, or in backyards. From the ages it looks unlikely they are all from one family.
Second hand chatter from relatives also suggests many teenagers are well past giving a fvck about following rules. ( quelle surprise)
We might need another spike to dispel the apathy and especially to renew the enthusiasm for vaccination.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Demilich wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:07 am As a former citizen of Katikati I must express outrage at the suggestion we fall under the 'Tauranga' banner. :x

I’m an honorary citizen as I have worked there for nearly 15 years, I do however deny any inbreeding normally associated with being a citizen of Katikati
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Went for a walk the other day and there about 7 guys on the league pitch doing a fitness session - distanced but only just.

Scariest part of the middlemore cases -apart from living down the road - is a few of them have been asymptomatic, so it's not even a case of reinforcing if you are sick get tested
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

jambanja wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:16 pm

I’m an honorary citizen as I have worked there for nearly 15 years, I do however deny any inbreeding normally associated with being a citizen of Katikati
oooohhhhh... that's thrown a weasel in the chookshed.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:19 pm

My friend from Katikati said you guys are being mean and he's counted 6 inaccurate facts in your posts on one hand.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:51 pm

My friend from Katikati said you guys are being mean and he's counted 6 inaccurate facts in your posts on one hand.
:lol: :nod:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

The BoP is seriously gorgeous... depending on how things pan out for me at Waihi I reckon I'll probably move somewhere handy to KatiKati. I've been driving up and down in darkness since June... on Monday I came home early, just after sunrise. There was mist rising off all of the little inlets and estuaries along the coast and the greens were popping through in the sunlight...just a stunning beauty to the place. Shame about the traffic and the miles of orange cones but... meh.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

:x I’ve just turned up for my second vaccination having received the reminder yesterday and there’s a handwritten note on the door saying the clinic is shut today and to re-book. There will be a few frustrated people.

Edit: and I can’t re-book online because my appointment is in the past (one minute ago) so can’t be modified.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:28 pm The BoP is seriously gorgeous... depending on how things pan out for me at Waihi I reckon I'll probably move somewhere handy to KatiKati. I've been driving up and down in darkness since June... on Monday I came home early, just after sunrise. There was mist rising off all of the little inlets and estuaries along the coast and the greens were popping through in the sunlight...just a stunning beauty to the place. Shame about the traffic and the miles of orange cones but... meh.
We did a road trip that included parts of BoP earlier in the year. We don't know how lucky we are some times. Postcard shots around every corner.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

JB1981 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:28 pm :x I’ve just turned up for my second vaccination having received the reminder yesterday and there’s a handwritten note on the door saying the clinic is shut today and to re-book. There will be a few frustrated people.

Edit: and I can’t re-book online because my appointment is in the past (one minute ago) so can’t be modified.
Ring healthline they should be able to sort it out pretty quick, there is a dedicated number for vaccine info
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Monkey Magic wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 pm
JB1981 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:28 pm :x I’ve just turned up for my second vaccination having received the reminder yesterday and there’s a handwritten note on the door saying the clinic is shut today and to re-book. There will be a few frustrated people.

Ring healthline they should be able to sort it out pretty quick, there is a dedicated number for vaccine info
Done. They were very good on the phone, I could have re-booked for the same place in a fortnight so have gone somewhere else on Thursday.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:28 pm The BoP is seriously gorgeous... depending on how things pan out for me at Waihi I reckon I'll probably move somewhere handy to KatiKati. I've been driving up and down in darkness since June... on Monday I came home early, just after sunrise. There was mist rising off all of the little inlets and estuaries along the coast and the greens were popping through in the sunlight...just a stunning beauty to the place. Shame about the traffic and the miles of orange cones but... meh.
From the top of the Coromandel to the East Cape it is staggering. I can't even pick my favourite spot as there are so many... You appreciate it even more when returning from winter in the UK...
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

21 new cases. Only 8 from the whole outbreak not linked to a cluster which is a great tracing effort.

500,000 more Pfizer vaccinations bought from Denmark
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:16 am 21 new cases. Only 8 from the whole outbreak not linked to a cluster which is a great tracing effort.

500,000 more Pfizer vaccinations bought from Denmark
Both Bloomfield and Ardern looking pretty damned tired to be honest.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

1/2 million Aucklanders fully vaxed :thumbup:
puku

Post by puku »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Surreptitiously checks finger number on the right hand before remembering I moved there when I was 3
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Don't suppose anyone here works for WINZ or IRD?

My kid hasn't been paid his wage subsidy. So f**king annoying trying to sort this out and getting nowhere with people that just couldn't give a fudge.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

sonic_attack wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:17 am Don't suppose anyone here works for WINZ or IRD?

My kid hasn't been paid his wage subsidy. So f**king annoying trying to sort this out and getting nowhere with people that just couldn't give a fudge.
Wage subsidy goes to the employer to give to staff, so needs to go to them first.

Will depend a bit on what kind of employment contract as to what he gets paid. If he is on min hrs they could claim the subsidy, pay the minimum hours to him and use the rest to pay salaried staff towards their full pay cheque
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Rhys is self employed - Contractor to the building industry, an apprentice bricklayer, using WT tax code. It's just a vortex of stupidity and non communication.

I'm self employed, got my wage subsidy practically instantly.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

jambanja wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 pm
JB1981 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:15 pm We don’t have mandated trolleying at our local Countdown.

Did you put the mustard in the trolley or manage holding it and the handle to stroll to the checkout empty-trolleyed?
I went for the empty trolley option, it was my attempt at highlighting the absurdity of the situation, as I was leaving the store trolley still in hand, mustard in the other, with me shaking my head, another trollied up punter almost bumped into me going the other way, I spun around and gestured to the staffer on the door, muttering about stupid policies, before realising it wasn’t his fault he was just enforcing stupid policies because he’s paid to
I did however push my trolley into the trolley rack rather forcefully, which made me feel a little better
What's the trolley situation in Zimbabwe?
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

That's where he learned the empty trolley technique. :P
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

RuggaBugga wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:52 am

Did you put the mustard in the trolley or manage holding it and the handle to stroll to the checkout empty-trolleyed?
I went for the empty trolley option, it was my attempt at highlighting the absurdity of the situation, as I was leaving the store trolley still in hand, mustard in the other, with me shaking my head, another trollied up punter almost bumped into me going the other way, I spun around and gestured to the staffer on the door, muttering about stupid policies, before realising it wasn’t his fault he was just enforcing stupid policies because he’s paid to
I did however push my trolley into the trolley rack rather forcefully, which made me feel a little better
Whilst Jammy's trolley incident is harrowing and traumatic it's nothing compared to the drama at the golf club yesterday. One of my playing partners forgot to bring a mask and accordingly wasn't allowed into the proshop to print his card. However thanks to some quick thinking , ingenuity and good old kiwi 'can do' attitude he gave me his membership number and I ventured into the proshop and printed the card for him. I took a pair of tweezers from my swiss army knife to ensure contactless delivery to his golf bag.

So crisis averted we were able to see off at our allotted time. Phew! 🏌️‍♂️⛳
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:06 am That's where he learned the empty trolley technique. :P
:lol: :nod:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

booji boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 am
RuggaBugga wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:52 am

Whilst Jammy's trolley incident is harrowing and traumatic it's nothing compared to the drama at the golf club yesterday. One of my playing partners forgot to bring a mask and accordingly wasn't allowed into the proshop to print his card. However thanks to some quick thinking , ingenuity and good old kiwi 'can do' attitude he gave me his membership number and I ventured into the proshop and printed the card for him. I took a pair of tweezers from my swiss army knife to ensure contactless delivery to his golf bag.

So crisis averted we were able to see off at our allotted time. Phew! 🏌️‍♂️⛳
Interesting, we don’t need to wear masks when going to the pro shop but the people working there do, same in the bar and cafe, seems odd but there you go
The real crisis yesterday was the standard of my golf, absolutely dire, so I went back again today to try again, while it was a lot better that yesterday it was still very average.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

jambanja wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am Interesting, we don’t need to wear masks when going to the pro shop
Oh yes you do Codebreaker
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

guy smiley wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:49 am
jambanja wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am Interesting, we don’t need to wear masks when going to the pro shop
You should probably get hold of the authorities and let them know that the members of the Mount Maunganui golf club have got it wrong and are breaking the rules, not intentionally mind,just through ignorance
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

jambanja wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 am
You should probably get hold of the authorities and let them know that the members of the Mount Maunganui golf club have got it wrong and are breaking the rules, not intentionally mind,just through ignorance
Pretty clear in Taupo. Signs everywhere around the clubhouse even the Gents "No Mask No Entry". We didn't end up staying for a drink as one guy didn't have a mask and the others weren't keen. But if we had I believe the protocol is the same as any other bar. Masks on when you enter the bar then you can remove them once seated. The bar staff will serve you wearing masks.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

booji boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:19 am
Pretty clear in Taupo. Signs everywhere around the clubhouse even the Gents "No Mask No Entry". We didn't end up staying for a drink as one guy didn't have a mask and the others weren't keen. But if we had I believe the protocol is the same as any other bar. Masks on when you enter the bar then you can remove them once seated. The bar staff will serve you wearing masks.

Not meaning to have a go at Jammy, but those are the current rules.

Tauranga people clearly don't give much of a f**k over it though. There's not much mask wearing around the place generally.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

booji boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:19 am
Do you go to the bar or do they come to you
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

They come to you. Table service only.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

booji boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:51 am They come to you. Table service only.
:thumbup: