6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7831
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by feckwanker »

Who?

Image

versus

Image

Where?
Image

When?
February 14th, kick off at 3pm.

Your officials
Referee: Luke Pearce (England)

Assistant Referee 1: Wayne Barnes (England)

Assistant Referee 2: Christophe Ridley (England)

TMO: Tom Foley (England)
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7831
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by feckwanker »

Genuinely hard to see beyond France here. Ireland's ponderous attack and defence to be shown up and torn asunder.

France by 10+
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 5428
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Bogbunny »

Looks at the panel of officials, shakes head, walks away.

All brexiteers to a man.
Gwenno
Posts: 8416
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Gwenno »

Tom Foley might be sympathetic, with that name.
shereblue
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by shereblue »

Gwenno wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 pm Tom Foley might be sympathetic, with that name.
Christophe Ridley on the other hand...
Gwenno
Posts: 8416
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Gwenno »

shereblue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:20 pm
Gwenno wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 pm Tom Foley might be sympathetic, with that name.
Christophe Ridley on the other hand...
:lol: Sacre bleu!
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 15794
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by redderneck »

That'll be Neath-born Tom Foley, who was quite the happy camper when called on during the Wales -Ireland game except when it came to seeing SFA all wrong with a direct shoulder to the head of Ringrose.

Never have to buy a pint again West of the Severn I should imagine.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

Wayne Barnes :thumbup:

Game over :D
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

I read somewhere that Sexton didn't receive an HIA after the Welsh game and that he will play against France next Sunday.

Is this true? I hope they are not playing with his health...

Ireland will be angry and hungry for victory and this should make for a great, old fashioned tough game :thumbup:

This will come down to the French ability to win the collision and be good in the new ping-pong kicking strategy that dominates the current game, while on Ireland's side, it will be down to how efficiently they slow the French ball.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11549
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

France by 10? They are going to hammer us. Not to be the pessimist, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 20/25 point deficit, provided they don't go back to being typically French
Gwenno
Posts: 8416
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Gwenno »

redderneck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm That'll be Neath-born Tom Foley, who was quite the happy camper when called on during the Wales -Ireland game except when it came to seeing SFA all wrong with a direct shoulder to the head of Ringrose.

Never have to buy a pint again West of the Severn I should imagine.
That is a bit embarrassing, but not unprecedented, eg J P Doyle, Irish born, RFU ref, and Andrew Brace, Welsh born, IRFU ref, Steve Walsh, NZ born, Oz ref, let alone all the dreary never ending whinges about poaching of players.
User avatar
Willie Falloon
Posts: 9583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Willie Falloon »

Do you start Rudduck and VDF or the other fella and VDF? DuPont is the biggest threat in this French team, if Ireland can’t get to the pillars before he starts sniping he will run rings around the Irish forwards.

Work rate in defence will be even more vital in the game
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:19 pm France by 10? They are going to hammer us. Not to be the pessimist, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 20/25 point deficit, provided they don't go back to being typically French
Trying to be analytical here, I would say those are the key parameters:

- Weather: bad weather will not favor the fast counter-attacking rugby that Galthie is trying to develop. The Italian weather favored our style. Not sure Dublin will. So that is one element to event out the competition.

- Discipline: the French had an appalling first 30min, with 5 penalties ditched out in short sequence (to the extent that I feared a yellow card warning was coming). This was against the weakest team of the tournament. Should the French commit the same mistakes (some of which were plain dumb silly), Ireland will be on the front foot. This will be a critical area and one where I fear we will be exposed, especially given Ireland's ability to make a misery of our lives in the tackle and the ensuing contest.

- Collision: France can only win this game if they prevent Ireland from getting over the gain line when they start putting together their multi-phases, on pass game plan. France will need to force Ireland to kick possession away, and that will come through a highly committed defense, denying any momentum to Ireland... Which brings us back to the point above about discipline too.

- Defense: Italy exposed French defense again and again around the rucks and with an inside pass one man away from the rucks too. I am sure both teams will have noticed and Ireland will test that area. How well the French have reorganised their defense after learning from the Italians and how that will impact the rest of the French organisation will be key.

- Rucks: Key for the French is to secure quick ball and therefore prevent the Irish jackallers from slowing the ball all day long as Ireland does so well. This will be an intense battle and brings us back to the issue of discipline again, as the French will need to be both committed and very disciplined. They also need to be able to jackal the odd ball from Ireland to feed a counter-attack. This will however require to decide the right timing to contest the ball and again, keep a good discipline.

- Set Piece: The Irish lineout seems improved from last year, unless it is the Welsh one that wasn't up to scratch. This will be another key parameter in a game that is likely to include its fair amount of kicks and (back to the discipline), some interesting attacking lineout. The French have good operators in the lineout too, and that contest will be fascinating and key to convert territorial domination into points.

- Kicking game: A lot of the game outcome will be decided on the ability of each time to use the kicking game to pin the opposition into its own half. Against Italy, France did not manage to keep Italy in their half, being dominated territorially. The game, of course, was quite different from the game that will happen on Sunday, and the simple fact that the French could score tries at will also explains why they didn't have to spend too much time in the Italian half. But Ireland have the most seasoned kickers in the team, and this is an area where they can take advantage.

- Strength under the high ball: Given Ireland's kicking ability, and their usual tactics, France will need to be solid under the high ball to either secure possession under pressure or, when there is a bit of space, build a counter-attack. Teddy Thomas, for all his prowess in attack, is renown for his weakness under the high ball. This will be a key area in the battle. A missed kick by Sexton and Thomas - Dulin could run havoc in the Irish defense, but a beautifully timed kick with pressure where the ball lands, and Ireland could win possession and get momentum going.

- Dupont : He is key to the French team. He is involved in every winning movement, he is a god in defense and is both the brain and the heart of the team. If he gets injured, or taken out of the equation, Serin, his replacement, isn't half the same player. So this is both the strength and the weakness of the French team and Les Bleus will hope he continues on his good form without taking any knock.

Overall, I think it will be a fascinating battle and it is very hard to predict a winner.
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 15794
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by redderneck »

Gwenno wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:37 pm
redderneck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm That'll be Neath-born Tom Foley, who was quite the happy camper when called on during the Wales -Ireland game except when it came to seeing SFA all wrong with a direct shoulder to the head of Ringrose.

Never have to buy a pint again West of the Severn I should imagine.
That is a bit embarrassing, but not unprecedented, eg J P Doyle, Irish born, RFU ref, and Andrew Brace, Welsh born, IRFU ref, Steve Walsh, NZ born, Oz ref, let alone all the dreary never ending whinges about poaching of players.
Ah yeah - not having a pop (really!) - to be expected. Lads move. Families move. It's just the way of the world.

Not unduly fussed about refereeing/officaldom's interpretations or even limitaitons so long as they are consistent within a game.
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13180
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by The Sun God »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:19 pm France by 10? They are going to hammer us. Not to be the pessimist, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 20/25 point deficit, provided they don't go back to being typically French
does your bid at 20 work in much ?....I would be interested in some of that.
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 22400
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by HighKingLeinster »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:13 pm I read somewhere that Sexton didn't receive an HIA after the Welsh game and that he will play against France next Sunday.

Is this true? I hope they are not playing with his health...

Ireland will be angry and hungry for victory and this should make for a great, old fashioned tough game :thumbup:

This will come down to the French ability to win the collision and be good in the new ping-pong kicking strategy that dominates the current game, while on Ireland's side, it will be down to how efficiently they slow the French ball.
He hadn't had a HIA test by the time of the post match press conference but said he would have one after the conference and another the following day. Normally the IRFU are tight on HIA protocol so doubt they will mess about here
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 19561
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by YOYO »

The good thing about this game is we (Irish fans) can look forward to 15 v 15. Statistically unlikely we’ll get another player sent off back to back.

I’d prefer to see Ross Byrne at 10. Burns can be back up. He’s a decent player but I don’t think international standard.
Byrne can do the OH basics very well but maybe without same running threat as Burns.
Last edited by YOYO on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yer Man
Posts: 21366
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Yer Man »

YOYO wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:17 pm The good thing about this game is we (Irish fans) can look forward to 15 v 15. Statistically unlikely we’ll get another player sent off back to back.

I’d prefer to see Ross Byrne at 10. Burns can be back up.
Considering we were competitive with 14 players, maybe we should designate someone to punch Dupont's lights out in the opening minutes and even things up?
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:07 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:13 pm I read somewhere that Sexton didn't receive an HIA after the Welsh game and that he will play against France next Sunday.

Is this true? I hope they are not playing with his health...

Ireland will be angry and hungry for victory and this should make for a great, old fashioned tough game :thumbup:

This will come down to the French ability to win the collision and be good in the new ping-pong kicking strategy that dominates the current game, while on Ireland's side, it will be down to how efficiently they slow the French ball.
He hadn't had a HIA test by the time of the post match press conference but said he would have one after the conference and another the following day. Normally the IRFU are tight on HIA protocol so doubt they will mess about here
I thought HIA had to be done immediately after the suspected injury?
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 19561
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by YOYO »

Yer Man wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:22 pm
YOYO wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:17 pm The good thing about this game is we (Irish fans) can look forward to 15 v 15. Statistically unlikely we’ll get another player sent off back to back.

I’d prefer to see Ross Byrne at 10. Burns can be back up.
Considering we were competitive with 14 players, maybe we should designate someone to punch Dupont's lights out in the opening minutes and even things up?
As long as whoever it is can take Dupont off the field with him. :lol:
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Floppykid »

Willie Falloon wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:38 pm Do you start Rudduck and VDF or the other fella and VDF? DuPont is the biggest threat in this French team, if Ireland can’t get to the pillars before he starts sniping he will run rings around the Irish forwards.

Work rate in defence will be even more vital in the game
If Ruddock doesn't start at this point, there's definitely something the coaches have against him.
Maybe Beirne out to 6 since Ryan could be back though. Beirne, VDF, Stander. :|
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 15794
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by redderneck »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:23 pm
HighKingLeinster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:07 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:13 pm I read somewhere that Sexton didn't receive an HIA after the Welsh game and that he will play against France next Sunday.

Is this true? I hope they are not playing with his health...

Ireland will be angry and hungry for victory and this should make for a great, old fashioned tough game :thumbup:

This will come down to the French ability to win the collision and be good in the new ping-pong kicking strategy that dominates the current game, while on Ireland's side, it will be down to how efficiently they slow the French ball.
He hadn't had a HIA test by the time of the post match press conference but said he would have one after the conference and another the following day. Normally the IRFU are tight on HIA protocol so doubt they will mess about here
I thought HIA had to be done immediately after the suspected injury?
Look here see. It'll be done whenever Jonny deigns to allow it be done, right? Now doff your beret and toddle along.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

redderneck wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:23 pm
HighKingLeinster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:07 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:13 pm I read somewhere that Sexton didn't receive an HIA after the Welsh game and that he will play against France next Sunday.

Is this true? I hope they are not playing with his health...

Ireland will be angry and hungry for victory and this should make for a great, old fashioned tough game :thumbup:

This will come down to the French ability to win the collision and be good in the new ping-pong kicking strategy that dominates the current game, while on Ireland's side, it will be down to how efficiently they slow the French ball.
He hadn't had a HIA test by the time of the post match press conference but said he would have one after the conference and another the following day. Normally the IRFU are tight on HIA protocol so doubt they will mess about here
I thought HIA had to be done immediately after the suspected injury?
Look here see. It'll be done whenever Jonny deigns to allow it be done, right? Now doff your beret and toddle along.
:lol: :thumbup:
Trostan
Posts: 3292
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Trostan »

Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 36107
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by EverReady »

TheFrog wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:31 pm Wayne Barnes :thumbup:

Game over :D
Is it really fücking Barnes again :lol:
Trostan
Posts: 3292
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Trostan »

EverReady wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:50 pm
TheFrog wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:31 pm Wayne Barnes :thumbup:

Game over :D
Is it really fücking Barnes again :lol:
Assistant ref
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41563
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Allez Allez
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41563
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Agent Farrell as to stick with agent Burns
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 19985
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by DOB »

Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.

I’d be worried about Lowe defending Thomas too, but then again, Thomas is defending Lowe so it could all balance out.
franch fan
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by franch fan »

DOB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.

I’d be worried about Lowe defending Thomas too, but then again, Thomas is defending Lowe so it could all balance out.
Don't think so as I think Thomas is far better than Lowe attacking wise (one of the very best in the world actually in that aspect)
Trostan
Posts: 3292
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Trostan »

franch fan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:58 pm
DOB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.

I’d be worried about Lowe defending Thomas too, but then again, Thomas is defending Lowe so it could all balance out.
Don't think so as I think Thomas is far better than Lowe attacking wise (one of the very best in the world actually in that aspect)
Need Ringrose and Keenan working with Lowe to cover Thomas stepping.
User avatar
Zico
Posts: 8127
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Zico »

I've been looking forward to Lowe in an Irish shirt.

Time for him to step up and show if he's good enough for international rugby.

It could be good for Stockdale to feel some pressure.
franch fan
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by franch fan »

Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm
franch fan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:58 pm
DOB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.

I’d be worried about Lowe defending Thomas too, but then again, Thomas is defending Lowe so it could all balance out.
Don't think so as I think Thomas is far better than Lowe attacking wise (one of the very best in the world actually in that aspect)
Need Ringrose and Keenan working with Lowe to cover Thomas stepping.
Perfect, it will make them forget about the French interior minister (Dupont) and Thomas will gently pass him the ball for the try :D
More seriously, we'll see what happens but already can't wait to be in Sunday
User avatar
Zico
Posts: 8127
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Zico »

franch fan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am Perfect, it will make them forget about the French interior minister (Dupont) and Thomas will gently pass him the ball for the try :D
More seriously, we'll see what happens but already can't wait to be in Sunday
Any relation to Antione Dupont who required a HIA replacement for a thigh injury?

Tricherie?
franch fan
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by franch fan »

Zico wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 am
franch fan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am Perfect, it will make them forget about the French interior minister (Dupont) and Thomas will gently pass him the ball for the try :D
More seriously, we'll see what happens but already can't wait to be in Sunday
Any relation to Antione Dupont who required a HIA replacement for a thigh injury?

Tricherie?
Even without Dupont, we will f**king manshame you :twisted: :twisted:
franch fan
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by franch fan »

DOB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.
You more crucially need halfbacks with pace and creativity, two things Italy's young halfbacks definitely had and which i'm not sure the likes of Murray and Sexton have anymore...
Is Cooney in the Irish squad?
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 pm
EverReady wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:50 pm
TheFrog wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:31 pm Wayne Barnes :thumbup:

Game over :D
Is it really fücking Barnes again :lol:
Assistant ref
While the Irish will have an anti-Dupont plan, the French have a plan to get rid of Pearce before the game :D
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 13786
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by TheFrog »

franch fan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 am
DOB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Trostan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm Couple of years ago, when we recycled and spread quick ball across the midfield, French organisation would fail and holes would appear.
That's gone now with Edwards there.
Have to kick them back and hope for penalties and errors, because we won't win the collisions.
Worried if Lowe is defending Thomas.
Would like to see Hendo and Ryan starting.
Glad POM won't be there, Dupont too quick
Italy showed that there are holes in the French defense, you just need composure and execution to fill it out.
You more crucially need halfbacks with pace and creativity, two things Italy's young halfbacks definitely had and which i'm not sure the likes of Murray and Sexton have anymore...
Is Cooney in the Irish squad?
Plus I would expect that Edwards addresses these issues with Les Bleus. They are unlikely to be that generous twice.
ovalball
Posts: 12909
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by ovalball »

Ireland looked pretty decent with only 14 men v Wales. They were very good at keeping possession and gradually working their way upfield. Should be a good test of the French patience and discipline.

You can't tell much from the French dismantling of the Italians - they looked sharp but Italy were very disorganised. Opportunities will be far less against an experienced Ireland.

The 6 day turnaround will work against Ireland, especially after playing most of the game with 14.

My prediction - both sets of supporters will whinge incessantly about the officials - France will edge the whinge fest while Ireland will edge the score on the pitch - Ireland by 5.
Gwenno
Posts: 8416
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: 6N Rd. 2 - Ireland v France. Feb 14th, KO @ 3pm

Post by Gwenno »

ovalball wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:00 am Ireland looked pretty decent with only 14 men v Wales. They were very good at keeping possession and gradually working their way upfield. Should be a good test of the French patience and discipline.

You can't tell much from the French dismantling of the Italians - they looked sharp but Italy were very disorganised. Opportunities will be far less against an experienced Ireland.

The 6 day turnaround will work against Ireland, especially after playing most of the game with 14.

My prediction - both sets of supporters will whinge incessantly about the officials - France will edge the whinge fest while Ireland will edge the score on the pitch - Ireland by 5.
Isn’t it another Sunday game?
Post Reply