7 day compulsory ban for failed hia

All things Rugby
Gwenno

7 day compulsory ban for failed hia

Post by Gwenno »

For a second I wondered how Sexton could be playing next match and our boys not, till I remembered that Ireland have 2 Sunday games in a row, with a 7 day gap, while we are playing on Saturday. Reminds me of that internet joke that hotdog rolls are sold in packs of 12 while the frankfurters are sold ten to a tin. Another reason why Sunday games don’t quite fit. Mind you, I wouldn’t have re-picked Amos, and I wonder if Johnny Williams wasn’t cited because he was already out of the next game? Meaning that we might have lost him anyway.
CM11

Re: 7 day compulsory ban for failed hia

Post by CM11 »

My reading of the HIA regulations suggest it's not a 7 day ban, as such, just that the stages take 7 days. Although, if I'm reading it right, it's actually 6 days (6 stages, min of 24 hours each with stage 6 being return to play).
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

From what I remember, in the olden days players refused to be carried off because that meant they would have to sit out at least one match
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Jensrsa wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:37 pm From what I remember, in the olden days players refused to be carried off because that meant they would have to sit out at least one match
Sounds like a good thing to implement in soccer.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Jensrsa wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:37 pm From what I remember, in the olden days players refused to be carried off because that meant they would have to sit out at least one match
Used to be 21 days if you went off concussed but you had to be really concussed to go off!
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

Glen Webb forgot the whole match v Tonga in the inaugural RWC in 1987, and he didn’t even come off!
CM11

Post by CM11 »

POC on his debut:

.O'Connell made his debut for Ireland against Wales in the 2002 Six Nations Championship, starting alongside Mick Galwey and scoring a try.[10] Despite scoring this try, O'Connell has no recollection of the first half, recalling: "I scored a try but I don't remember it. I went to tackle Craig Quinnell and he knocked me clean unconscious with his elbow. I played on for another 25 minutes, scored a try and then, eventually, with seven minutes left in the first half, I came around. I didn't really know what was going on and so I walked off the pitch."[11]
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 pm POC on his debut:

.O'Connell made his debut for Ireland against Wales in the 2002 Six Nations Championship, starting alongside Mick Galwey and scoring a try.[10] Despite scoring this try, O'Connell has no recollection of the first half, recalling: "I scored a try but I don't remember it. I went to tackle Craig Quinnell and he knocked me clean unconscious with his elbow. I played on for another 25 minutes, scored a try and then, eventually, with seven minutes left in the first half, I came around. I didn't really know what was going on and so I walked off the pitch."[11]
I remember my (young adult) son, while playing cricket, having a heavy collision with another fielder. Got up and carried on. Took 3 more wickets, and a catch, over the next 30 minutes or so. Went into tea and had no recollection of what had happened after the collision. Had I known what I know now, I'd have taken him to hospital for a check up.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:48 pm
Used to be 21 days if you went off concussed but you had to be really concussed to go off!
At club level, that 21st day always used to conveniently have a couple of extra hours in the morning, which meant you could play the third match. :lol:

Though, in practice it usually ended after 13 days and you only missed one. :blush: