Alternative to Chrome

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 17316
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Gavin Duffy »

DuckDuckGo
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 17316
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Hang on, you have an android? You filthy pleb.
User avatar
Frodder
Posts: 12737
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Frodder »

Hipsters have Androids
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 22112
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Enzedder »

What do non-hipsters have?
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 19498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Zakar »

I use Brave - much better.
User avatar
Frodder
Posts: 12737
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Frodder »

Enzedder wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:17 pm What do non-hipsters have?
Androids
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Floppykid »

Try clearing the app cache?
Sputnik V

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Sputnik V »

https://e.foundation/ Dump google, dump them all

Put this OS on your phone, totally degoogle your life. You won't look back.

First step for me was when I dumped Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp from my phone, moved to Signal and Telegram. Telegram is light years ahead of Whatsapp anyway. I've removed all FB stuff from my devices.

Then I went after Google and Microsoft. I've a work phone where I have no choice but my personal phone I got rid. My email is now Tutanota, great service, the browser is tor, app store is aptoide and search is duckduckgo. My OS is Linux based on the efoundation.

It's all good, you miss nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fFiaGv2WA

https://e.foundation/

Image
User avatar
Gynormus
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Gynormus »

EverReady wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:58 pm My phone is extremely laggy and I think it's chrome. What's the best browser alternative for android? Using firefox now and appears better
BRAVE - does not track you & a decent browser. I use DuckDuckGO as a browser
Mick Mannock
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Mick Mannock »

Sputnik V wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am https://e.foundation/ Dump google, dump them all

Put this OS on your phone, totally degoogle your life. You won't look back.

First step for me was when I dumped Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp from my phone, moved to Signal and Telegram. Telegram is light years ahead of Whatsapp anyway. I've removed all FB stuff from my devices.

Then I went after Google and Microsoft. I've a work phone where I have no choice but my personal phone I got rid. My email is now Tutanota, great service, the browser is tor, app store is aptoide and search is duckduckgo. My OS is Linux based on the efoundation.

It's all good, you miss nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fFiaGv2WA

https://e.foundation/

Image
Thanks for that
Sputnik V

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Sputnik V »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:05 pm
Sputnik V wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am https://e.foundation/ Dump google, dump them all

Put this OS on your phone, totally degoogle your life. You won't look back.

First step for me was when I dumped Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp from my phone, moved to Signal and Telegram. Telegram is light years ahead of Whatsapp anyway. I've removed all FB stuff from my devices.

Then I went after Google and Microsoft. I've a work phone where I have no choice but my personal phone I got rid. My email is now Tutanota, great service, the browser is tor, app store is aptoide and search is duckduckgo. My OS is Linux based on the efoundation.

It's all good, you miss nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fFiaGv2WA

https://e.foundation/

Image
Thanks for that
Careful Michael, the masses here will have you pigeonholed as a conspiracy nut for having privacy concerns
Mick Mannock
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Mick Mannock »

I am quite prepared to surrender some privacy provided I get paid for so doing.
User avatar
lilyw
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by lilyw »

Zakar wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:19 pm I use Brave - much better.
Absolutely. Its built in Adblocking even gets rid of the annoying pop-ups on VIProw
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Dozy »

It's time for more alternatives to big tech

I seen Mick posted a video earlier on Odessey, a video upload platform. This wasn't to Anons liking so he went all moronic and refused to look at a video that was not approved by YouTube. I think Mick posted the video that was also uploaded to YouTube but Anon was going full rainman by then.

What video upload platforms are acceptable before you check the content of the video. This question is to the floor so normal answers and the resident cucks can answer.
User avatar
Ted.
Posts: 19843
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Ted. »

Sputnik V wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am https://e.foundation/ Dump google, dump them all

Put this OS on your phone, totally degoogle your life. You won't look back.

First step for me was when I dumped Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp from my phone, moved to Signal and Telegram. Telegram is light years ahead of Whatsapp anyway. I've removed all FB stuff from my devices.

Then I went after Google and Microsoft. I've a work phone where I have no choice but my personal phone I got rid. My email is now Tutanota, great service, the browser is tor, app store is aptoide and search is duckduckgo. My OS is Linux based on the efoundation.

It's all good, you miss nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fFiaGv2WA

https://e.foundation/

Image
Good luck with that. :uhoh:
User avatar
sorCrer
Posts: 13404
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by sorCrer »

lilyw wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 pm
Zakar wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:19 pm I use Brave - much better.
Absolutely. Its built in Adblocking even gets rid of the annoying pop-ups on VIProw
Chrome with added security
User avatar
RuggaBugga
Posts: 13250
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by RuggaBugga »

Sputnik V wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am https://e.foundation/ Dump google, dump them all

Put this OS on your phone, totally degoogle your life. You won't look back.

First step for me was when I dumped Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp from my phone, moved to Signal and Telegram. Telegram is light years ahead of Whatsapp anyway. I've removed all FB stuff from my devices.

Then I went after Google and Microsoft. I've a work phone where I have no choice but my personal phone I got rid. My email is now Tutanota, great service, the browser is tor, app store is aptoide and search is duckduckgo. My OS is Linux based on the efoundation.

It's all good, you miss nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fFiaGv2WA

https://e.foundation/

Image
Yeah maybe if all you do is talk and send messages grandpa otherwise half the hardware on your phone won't work properly and most of the best software won't be available.

Look I'm no fan of google et al but I'm living in a world that would be considered high sci fi when I was a kid.

Also when the dystopian nightmare begins who's going to be first against the wall? I'm guessing the tinfoil hat wearing Neo from The Matrix wannabes.

Wake up Sheeple!












Duckduckgo is good.
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Dozy »

Harmony OS

New huawei phones are better without google
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13966
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Mog The Almighty »

um .... Firefox?

You're talking about the web browser, right? Firefox is good.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Mick Mannock »

Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:58 pm It's time for more alternatives to big tech

I seen Mick posted a video earlier on Odessey, a video upload platform. This wasn't to Anons liking so he went all moronic and refused to look at a video that was not approved by YouTube. I think Mick posted the video that was also uploaded to YouTube but Anon was going full rainman by then.

What video upload platforms are acceptable before you check the content of the video. This question is to the floor so normal answers and the resident cucks can answer.
Odysee is hardly subversive.

It is simply what video platforms should be IMO.

Getting paid for using it is an added benefit.
Dozy
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: Alternative to Chrome

Post by Dozy »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:11 am
Dozy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:58 pm It's time for more alternatives to big tech

I seen Mick posted a video earlier on Odessey, a video upload platform. This wasn't to Anons liking so he went all moronic and refused to look at a video that was not approved by YouTube. I think Mick posted the video that was also uploaded to YouTube but Anon was going full rainman by then.

What video upload platforms are acceptable before you check the content of the video. This question is to the floor so normal answers and the resident cucks can answer.
Odysee is hardly subversive.

It is simply what video platforms should be IMO.

Getting paid for using it is an added benefit.
I don't see why Anon couldn't get his head around a video being on a video upload platform that was different to YouTube. It just seemed something he couldn't grasp
Post Reply