Welsh trolls leave Sonja McLaughlin crying in her car

All things Rugby
MrDominator

Welsh trolls leave Sonja McLaughlin crying in her car

Post by MrDominator »

Shameful stuff:
BBC journalist Sonja McLaughlin says she has been left in tears after trolls hounded her on social media in the aftermath today’s Wales England game in the Principality Stadium.

“Toxic, embarrassing, disgraceful, appalling. Just some of the feedback I’ve had.

Thanks for using @ sign so it’s all hit home.

Now imagine getting inundated with abuse for doing your job.

In my car crying. Hope you’re happy

— Sonja McLaughlan (@Sonjamclaughlan) February 27, 2021
Jerome Manning

Re: Welsh trolls leave Sonja McLaughlin crying in her car

Post by Jerome Manning »

I don't know the personalities involved up north but was she the one doing the immediate post match interview with Owen Farrell?

Whoever it was she was pathetic. Incredibly desperate for a "gotcha" interview. If a male treated you like that you would be entitled to tell him to F#*k off.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

:lol: A grown woman posting this way!
Ron Kickpass

Post by Ron Kickpass »

How do you know they're Welsh trolls?
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Ron Kickpass wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:56 pm How do you know they're Welsh trolls?
Bound to be.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

I hope we take the other knee to stop this bullying of females in the workplace.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Jerome Manning wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 pm I don't know the personalities involved up north but was she the one doing the immediate post match interview with Owen Farrell?

Whoever it was she was pathetic. Incredibly desperate for a "gotcha" interview. If a male treated you like that you would be entitled to tell him to F#*k off.
She has been cringingly embarrassing for years. Red top rag journalism at its worst.
message #2527204

Ron Kickpass wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:56 pm How do you know they're Welsh trolls?
Yeah.... probably Irish pretending to be welsh.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Her interview was horrible. Being a woman doesn't protect you from criticism. Imagine Nick Mallett posting that :lol:
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 pm
Seriously, why would anybody even contemplate being Welsh when they are not.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Bogbunny wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 pm
Jerome Manning wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 pm I don't know the personalities involved up north but was she the one doing the immediate post match interview with Owen Farrell?

She has been cringingly embarrassing for years. Red top rag journalism at its worst.
This.

She's absolutely dreadful and has been for years. She's in a public role and deserves to be called out.

Weird to see loads of rugby types on Twitter - Jackman, Christian Day - sticking up for her.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 pm

This.

She's absolutely dreadful and has been for years. She's in a public role and deserves to be called out.

Weird to see loads of rugby types on Twitter - Jackman, Christian Day - sticking up for her.
None of this justifies hounding her on social media. That's just harassment and worse than simply not liking the job she does.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

fatcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:55 pm
:lol: A grown woman posting this way!
:lol:
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

She should man up the silly cow!
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Sefton wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 pm
A scouser is basically Welsh
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:04 pm

This.

None of this justifies hounding her on social media. That's just harassment and worse than simply not liking the job she does.
She should either be better at her job or not use social media or both. Orrr, not take criticism to heart and cry in her car like a girl.
Ron Kickpass

Post by Ron Kickpass »

Frodder wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 pm
Sefton wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 pm
A scouser is basically Welsh
Ironically they have a Dublin accent too.
message #2527204

This.

That is people telling her what they thought of her performance. Like people on here did too. It's what she's paid fudge loads of money to do.

Plus if she only wants positive feedback, then she surely shouldn't be using twatter.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

fatcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm

This.

She should either be better at her job or not use social media or both. Orrr, not take criticism to heart and cry in her car like a girl.
She was called a bitch on this forum. That's not criticism, that's going to far. All because some people doesn't like her interview style FFS!
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Oh some good news from today
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Have to say I thought her post match interviews were god awful. Asking AWJ if he should have told the ref to overturn a Welsh try? Trying to do nothing but get a sensational quote from Farrell? Dreadful stuff.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Rugby still has some standards, honestly.

Sonja doesn't.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:09 pm

This.

That is people telling her what they thought of her performance. Like people on here did too. It's what she's paid fudge loads of money to do.

Plus if she only wants positive feedback, then she surely shouldn't be using twatter.
Twitter is a cesspit of nasty people. That doesn't mean people who are victim to the cesspit aren't justified. In this case I'm pretty sure most people in her job e.g. entertainment and sport are kinda expected to have Twitter as part of their career. After all it's clear the pundits have to read twitter and they referenced comments on it at half time today.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

And it's not just a one-off either. She's consistently dreadful, and has an incredibly irritating manner.

She's getting pitched into people's living rooms on the public broadcaster, which we pay a licence fee to watch, so it's entirely fair enough if people let her know she's annoying.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Personally I think she's f***ing shocking at interviews. Comes across as a nasty piece of work just trying to goad players into saying something controversial. Under normal circumstances I would say she's a c*** but because she's a woman and is therefore part of a protected group, plus c*** is apparently horrendously misogynistic, I would have to describe her as a wanker. If she was a bloke I would call her a c***, and even though men are women these days, and vice versa, I appreciate that we have to treat women differently which is why she is merely a wanker.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Maybe she will take the hint about how to act
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Lemoentjie wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:14 pm Maybe she will take the hint about how to act
She was exactly the same at least 10 years ago, so very unlikely.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

fatcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:14 pm Personally I think she's f***ing shocking at interviews. Comes across as a nasty piece of work just trying to goad players into saying something controversial. Under normal circumstances I would say she's a c*** but because she's a woman and is therefore part of a protected group, plus c*** is apparently horrendously misogynistic, I would have to describe her as a wanker. If she was a bloke I would call her a c***, and even though men are women these days, and vice versa, I appreciate that we have to treat women differently which is why she is merely a wanker.
TBF if a bloke came out with the crap she has for years, they would have been called out on it long ago, and the BBC wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Positive discrimination??
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:13 pm And it's not just a one-off either. She's consistently dreadful, and has an incredibly irritating manner.

She's getting pitched into people's living rooms on the public broadcaster, which we pay a licence fee to watch, so it's entirely fair enough if people let her know she's annoying.
Saying she annoying or asks awful questions is fine. Hounding her on social media is not fine.
message #2527204

fatcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:14 pm Personally I think she's f***ing shocking at interviews. Comes across as a nasty piece of work just trying to goad players into saying something controversial. Under normal circumstances I would say she's a c*** but because she's a woman and is therefore part of a protected group, plus c*** is apparently horrendously misogynistic, I would have to describe her as a wanker. If she was a bloke I would call her a c***, and even though men are women these days, and vice versa, I appreciate that we have to treat women differently which is why she is merely a wanker.
She might be identifying as a man. Masturbator?
message #2527204

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:18 pm
MrDominator wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:13 pm And it's not just a one-off either. She's consistently dreadful, and has an incredibly irritating manner.

Saying she annoying or asks awful questions is fine. Hounding her on social media is not fine.
But that is exactly what they are saying on social media - leading to her crying in the car.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm

But that is exactly what they are saying on social media - leading to her crying in the car.
And in turn crying to her followers for some virtual hugs.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm

It's more then that

They are sending comments straight to her.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

She's ok, she's got all her media luvies to make her feel better. Apparently she did a great job today.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

There is no such thing as bad feedback
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

I just can't muster much sympathy for anyone on a social networking site (and especially Twitter) complaining that people are being mean to them. Unless of course they are sending her death threats/rape or violence threats etc. "Toxic, embarrassing and disgraceful" are fair comments I reckon, and not even necessarily abuse.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

This.

Hardly the cream of the crop there. Probably had a slice way back.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

:lol:

LEAVE SONJA ALONE!

Some things never change.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

fatcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:30 pm I just can't muster much sympathy for anyone on a social networking site (and especially Twitter) complaining that people are being mean to them. Unless of course they are sending her death threats/rape or violence threats etc. "Toxic, embarrassing and disgraceful" are fair comments I reckon, and not even necessarily abuse.
Nailed it.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

I bet OF and EJ shed a tear together after their abysmal treatment by Sonia, will no one think of them?