Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 8080
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Bindi »

Smokies:

Uru
Anstee
Tiny Cabous Eloff - no idea whether he's eligible given his Saffaness.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

Not a complete bolter, but Fergus Lee Warner

1. Has a great name; and
2. Can really play.

A legit bolter - Longeran
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 8080
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Bindi »

Zakar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 pm Not a complete bolter, but Fergus Lee Warner

1. Has a great name; and
2. Can really play.

A legit bolter - Longeran
FLW is that inbetween size - so 6 and not lock is really the only go. Good competition there.
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by wamberal »

Anstee will have to make a decision sooner or later whether he wants to play fifteens or sevens.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17753
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Thomas »

Lonergan did enough on the weekend for me for to sit up and go "hello"
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

Thomas wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 pm Lonergan did enough on the weekend for me for to sit up and go "hello"
He apparently benches 160. Yes, the scrum-half brother.

He can pass (like really f**king well), kick goals like a sniper and is strong AF. Lets hope White teaches him to box kick.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17753
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Thomas »

That flick back inside for Banks was pure porn. I was going for the Rebels but let out an orgasmic groan when he did that.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18640
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Farva »

Bindi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:41 pm
Zakar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 pm Not a complete bolter, but Fergus Lee Warner

1. Has a great name; and
2. Can really play.

A legit bolter - Longeran
FLW is that inbetween size - so 6 and not lock is really the only go. Good competition there.
Sure. But like Zakar said, he has a cool name. That should be enough.

Lonergan looked really good and kept his head. I think he has been in the system for a few years now? This could be his real break out year.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:12 am That flick back inside for Banks was pure porn. I was going for the Rebels but let out an orgasmic groan when he did that.
Shades of Gregan and Roff. Eeeyygh.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:12 am That flick back inside for Banks was pure porn. I was going for the Rebels but let out an orgasmic groan when he did that.
Shades of Gregan and Roff. Eeeyygh.
Joe Roff is such a cool guy.

I saw him in the Q lounge one time, just sitting there with a glass of red, looking....cool.

Like he was relaxing between takes on his GQ shoot

It was surreal
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:36 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:12 am That flick back inside for Banks was pure porn. I was going for the Rebels but let out an orgasmic groan when he did that.
Shades of Gregan and Roff. Eeeyygh.
Joe Roff is such a cool guy.

I saw him in the Q lounge one time, just sitting there with a glass of red, looking....cool.

Like he was relaxing between takes on his GQ shoot

It was surreal
That's key in a fullback.

You can say a lot about what their attributes should be. Fast, good hands, big boot etc etc.

But more than anything, they should be cool.

Burke, Cullen, Roff, Latho. All f**king cool. Serge Blanco was basically as cool as George Clinton and Steve McQueen.

Folou was a lot of things, but Cool wasn't one of them. Ditto DHP.

He's not cool yet, but you know who might be really cool? Mark Nawaqanitawase. He's got the confidence.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

I think you're onto something there... :thumbup:

New selection methodology!

(Banks will never get a jersey but Harry Johnson Holmes might.)
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 6240
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by kiwigreg369 »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:11 am I think you're onto something there... :thumbup:

New selection methodology!

(Banks will never get a jersey but Harry Johnson Holmes might.)
Banks is actually playing well at the moment - good decision making and execution. Plus the hit on Matt T.

A lot of hands being put up (FLW was good on the w/e) but need to see weeks of top level contribution.

Not sure if DHP will play again - but I don’t think he’s a Wallaby of the future. I think a focus on those under 25-27 is right with only a few exceptions for 2023.

MK remains my favourite Wallaby - his work around the ruck as a winger is great.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Good post KG

We're turning you into a WB fan slowly but surely :)
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Slim 293 »

I would love to see Ryan Lonergan play for the Wallabies one day... particularly on the highveld, slotting penalty goals from 70m out near the sideline. :thumbup:
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 8080
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Bindi »

Any chance we playing the world champion safas this year?
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18640
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Farva »

Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:32 am
shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:36 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:12 am That flick back inside for Banks was pure porn. I was going for the Rebels but let out an orgasmic groan when he did that.
Shades of Gregan and Roff. Eeeyygh.
Joe Roff is such a cool guy.

I saw him in the Q lounge one time, just sitting there with a glass of red, looking....cool.

Like he was relaxing between takes on his GQ shoot

It was surreal
That's key in a fullback.

You can say a lot about what their attributes should be. Fast, good hands, big boot etc etc.

But more than anything, they should be cool.

Burke, Cullen, Roff, Latho. All f**king cool. Serge Blanco was basically as cool as George Clinton and Steve McQueen.

Folou was a lot of things, but Cool wasn't one of them. Ditto DHP.

He's not cool yet, but you know who might be really cool? Mark Nawaqanitawase. He's got the confidence.
Look at him! Its not quite Jarrod Butler but its certainly getting there.
Image
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6475
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Olo »

wamberal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 pm Anstee will have to make a decision sooner or later whether he wants to play fifteens or sevens.
He looks the goods to play 6 or 7. He also got stuck in at the coal face and was great in the lineout. I like him. Could be a good choice when Swinton gets his red?
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by wamberal »

Olo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:24 am
wamberal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 pm Anstee will have to make a decision sooner or later whether he wants to play fifteens or sevens.
He looks the goods to play 6 or 7. He also got stuck in at the coal face and was great in the lineout. I like him. Could be a good choice when Swinton gets his red?
It will be interesting to see whether he puts on a bit of bulk - I reckon he could, he still looks more like a Sevens player to me.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17753
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Thomas »

The boy looks cool even when he's eating dirt.

Image
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Olo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:24 am
wamberal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 pm Anstee will have to make a decision sooner or later whether he wants to play fifteens or sevens.
He looks the goods to play 6 or 7. He also got stuck in at the coal face and was great in the lineout. I like him. Could be a good choice when Swinton gets his red?
I see him as an 8

I’ve even coined a name ‘Australian Parisse’

Do you like it? Too much, perhaps?
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Slim 293 »

No Anstee for the Force this week...
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17753
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Thomas »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am No Anstee for the Force this week...
WHY NOT?
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6475
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Olo »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:40 am
Olo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:24 am
wamberal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 pm Anstee will have to make a decision sooner or later whether he wants to play fifteens or sevens.
He looks the goods to play 6 or 7. He also got stuck in at the coal face and was great in the lineout. I like him. Could be a good choice when Swinton gets his red?
I see him as an 8

I’ve even coined a name ‘Australian Parisse’

Do you like it? Too much, perhaps?
I think hes about 191cm and 98kgs. Only 23 so probably has some good growing left in him. 8 might be the spot.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 am
Slim 293 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am No Anstee for the Force this week...
WHY NOT?
NSW conspiracy, innit
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

Phwar.

Meanwhile the ABs will probably play Squidward Barrett at fullback, and he looks likes someone that punches crystal in his Polaris Ranger.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

:lol:
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Valetini has stepped up big time. He's actually running hard into contact which he did not last year, and monstering people in tackles. Literaly picking them up and walking them backwards.

The only question mark is that given a chance at test level he basically became anonymous, while Swinton went ape-shit and would have been MOTM on debut if he hadn't copped the red card. So one of them has proven they can step up to the plate at that level.

Valetini was and is still young though (as are they both obv.).

It will be interesting to see how they both go this year. I like Swinton a lot and was throwing his name in the ring this time last year to howls of derision from the usual suspects. But Valetini has looked mighty impressive early on.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Good points Mog

With Samu as well, we've got genuine depth (for once) at blindside flanker

Top stuff
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am Good points Mog

With Samu as well, we've got genuine depth (for once) at blindside flanker

Top stuff
Not to mention Wright, FLW and ANSTEE BOLT
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 8080
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Bindi »

And Uru.

Look at that fucken 'tash. He'd be my first picked based on that alone.

Image

*Probably an old photo, but who cares?
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Zakar »

Fergus Lee Warner looks like he gets killed in the second act of a Bond film.

Image
Last edited by Zakar on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
towny
Posts: 22977
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by towny »

Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:06 am
shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am Good points Mog

With Samu as well, we've got genuine depth (for once) at blindside flanker

Top stuff
Not to mention Wright, FLW and ANSTEE BOLT
Or Swinton.
towny
Posts: 22977
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by towny »

Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:52 am Fergus Lee Warner looks like he gets killed in the second act of a Bond film.

Image
That’s a good team.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

FLW absolutely dominated that lineout

Considering he’s a few inches shorter than his counterparts, it marks him out as being a little special in that role, both with calling and athleticism.

Plus, he’s got a cool C&W singer name.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 8080
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Bindi »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:20 am FLW absolutely dominated that lineout

Considering he’s a few inches shorter than his counterparts, it marks him out as being a little special in that role, both with calling and athleticism.

Plus, he’s got a cool C&W singer name.
John Lee Hooker would like a word.
User avatar
Hawk97
Posts: 14717
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Hawk97 »

towny wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am
Zakar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:06 am
shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am Good points Mog

With Samu as well, we've got genuine depth (for once) at blindside flanker

Top stuff
Not to mention Wright, FLW and ANSTEE BOLT
Or Swinton.
Yeah you got some really good stock in the backrow coming through (from my limited viewing, granted).

Anstee, Lee-Warner, Samu, Swinton, Wilson (reckon he's going to be awesome), Valentini etc. Here's a bolter for you - Josh Kemeny. Future Wallaby 40+ tester.

Not to mention the grand daddy of cool is still about;

Image
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by shanky »

Hawk97 is my favourite UK poster.

:thumbup:
User avatar
Hawk97
Posts: 14717
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by Hawk97 »

shanky wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:39 am Hawk97 is my favourite UK poster.

:thumbup:
Image

The Northern Beaches RU administration is still in good hands mate :thumbup: :nod:
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 14564
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Post by MungoMan »

Bindi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 am And Uru.

Look at that fucken 'tash. He'd be my first picked based on that alone.

Image

*Probably an old photo, but who cares?
Christalmighty there is a whole lotta Saddam Hussein happening right there!
Post Reply