Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 139

Mog The Almighty

Re: Vaccine Passports - A Poll

Post by Mog The Almighty »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 am It's just a flu, right.
Well no, not technically.

But obviously it's extremely similar to other coronavirus caused respiratory diseases and pretending that's not the case is way more wrong than pretending it's something totally incomparable.
C69

Post by C69 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:44 am

But obviously it's extremely similar to other coronavirus caused respiratory diseases and pretending that's not the case is way more wrong than pretending it's something totally incomparable.
Ffs guy was being sarcastic
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:46 am

:lol:
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

I'm surprised by the poll result on here. Assuming we (in the UK for example) vaccinate 80%+ of the population, so reach herd immunity, what do people expect a vaccine passport to achieve? What do we get in return for a piece of bureacracy we all have to pay for and follow.
C69

Post by C69 »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 am I'm surprised by the poll result on here. Assuming we (in the UK for example) vaccinate 80%+ of the population, so reach herd immunity, what do people expect a vaccine passport to achieve? What do we get in return for a piece of bureacracy we all have to pay for and follow.
We will have to see what happens year on year with boosters etc and whether we need U16s vaccinated.
It's complicatex and tbh vacine passports shouldn't cost too much.
Well unless it's outsources to Dido or Hannobs mate the Pub Landlord :uhoh:
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Clearly its intended to separate out people who have not had a vaccine, so we can stop them entering pubs, working in certain jobs, being with others on public transport, going to indoor events like plays, cinema, sporting events. It will be incredibly divisive and damaging for society. It will create an under class. Will it make the vaccinated safer - I think not measurably. I don't agree with anti vaxxers but this is taking it too far.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:59 am
ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 am I'm surprised by the poll result on here. Assuming we (in the UK for example) vaccinate 80%+ of the population, so reach herd immunity, what do people expect a vaccine passport to achieve? What do we get in return for a piece of bureacracy we all have to pay for and follow.
We will have to see what happens year on year with boosters etc and whether we need U16s vaccinated.
It's complicatex and tbh vacine passports shouldn't cost too much.
Well unless it's outsources to Dido or Hannobs mate the Pub Landlord :uhoh:
We can wait to see before introducing f**king passports to get into a pub or the supermarket.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:05 am Clearly its intended to separate out people who have not had a vaccine, so we can stop them entering pubs, working in certain jobs, being with others on public transport, going to indoor events like plays, cinema, sporting events. It will be incredibly divisive and damaging for society. It will create an under class. Will it make the vaccinated safer - I think not measurably. I don't agree with anti vaxxers but this is taking it too far.
Your concern for society is noted, coming as it does in the middle of the worst pandemic in living memory... a pandemic caused by an extremely contagious virus.
message #2527204

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:05 am Clearly its intended to separate out people who have not had a vaccine, so we can stop them entering pubs, working in certain jobs, being with others on public transport, going to indoor events like plays, cinema, sporting events. It will be incredibly divisive and damaging for society. It will create an under class. Will it make the vaccinated safer - I think not measurably. I don't agree with anti vaxxers but this is taking it too far.
Maybe we should just force them to carry some sort of symbol ... ring a bell whilst out in public?
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:09 am
Your concern for society is noted, coming as it does in the middle of the worst pandemic in living memory... a pandemic caused by an extremely contagious virus.
If we have 80%+ immunised we don't have a pandemic.
C69

Post by C69 »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:18 am
The elephant in the room is that we are not living in a world envisioned by Lord Salisbury.
We are now a Global village.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

We don't know that for sure yet...

but let's not worry too much about whether that can be achieved. Let's instead look at the question of how we will know we've reached 80%?

Some sort of, oh I dunno...

f**king passport?
C69

Post by C69 »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:22 am

but let's not worry too much about whether that can be achieved. Let's instead look at the question of how we will know we've reached 80%?

f**king passport?
I know perhaps all our biometric data could be placed in a tiny microchip inder our skin that we can scan when entering or exiting certain premises or borders.
message #2527204

f**king passport?
You don't need to know exactly, although a central database is useful, you just need cases to be low enough as to make no difference. The only people likely to be hospitalised or die will then be those who didn't get vccinated... surely that's enough for you without making them second class citizens? Taking a vaccine isn't mandatory.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:25 am

f**king passport?
I know perhaps all our biometric data could be placed in a tiny microchip inder our skin that we can scan when entering or exiting certain premises or borders.
It can run on Windows 95.
Mog The Almighty

guy smiley wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am
C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:46 am

:lol:
You think I didn't realise that?

My point is that it's much more similar to the flu/cold than not. So sarcastic comments that imply that they're something totally different are just wrong.
Mog The Almighty

I know ... well, not personally, friend of a friend (who is a nurse) ... at least one person who has had coronavirus, then been immunised, and has just now caught it a second time.

No doubt widespread immunisation will help greatly but there are no guarantees.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

f**king passport?
I'm not talking about an international travel passport, I'm talking a domestic UK vaccine passport to control allowed movement inside the UK (or any other country considering this). As for knowing who has been vaccinated, we keep records in the UK, we do stuff like that.
C69

Post by C69 »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:34 am

f**king passport?
I'm not talking about an international travel passport, I'm talking a domestic UK vaccine passport to control allowed movement inside the UK (or any other country considering this). As for knowing who has been vaccinated, we keep records in the UK, we do stuff like that.
Taking Boris' line; If businesses want to only employ vaccinated people or businesses like hospitality or airlines or Hotels etc only want vaccinated patrons and clients who is the state totell them what to do?

Seems very consistent with what the English Governement ispushing at.
You get the government you vote for, you don't likeit feck off to some where else.
Or protest against it, oh wait err scrapthe protest bit.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Gospel wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:22 pm I am in favour of them for international travel but I don't think they should be issued until everyone has been offered a vaccine. By that I mean if there was a global vaccine passport I don't think they should be available to anyone in the UK until everyone here had been offered a shot.
Agree really, but doubt it will be a choice.

Need to make sure those that count actually have it are covered though, as others have mentioned.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 pm

f**king passport?
Taking Boris' line; If businesses want to only employ vaccinated people or businesses like hospitality or airlines or Hotels etc only want vaccinated patrons and clients who is the state totell them what to do?

You get the government you vote for, you don't likeit feck off to some where else.
How will those businesses know who have been vaccinated? I doubt very much they would take it on themselves to do that. Without a government backed scheme they would be nowhere, and maybe leaving themselves open to discrimination lawsuits.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 pm

f**king passport?

How will those businesses know who have been vaccinated? I doubt very much they would take it on themselves to do that. Without a government backed scheme they would be nowhere, and maybe leaving themselves open to discrimination lawsuits.
Is it illegal to discriminate against people that haven't been vaccinated ?
C69

Post by C69 »

f**king passport?

Perhaps the PM has an idea, after all he fecking suggested it. It's not as if the right wing buffoon would have opened his gob on such a serious issue without either thinking about the implications of his words or at least having a blue print for his suggestions.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

ovalball wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 pm

f**king passport?

You can bet it would tested in law.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:20 pm

f**king passport?

Perhaps the PM has an idea, after all he fecking suggested it. It's not as if the right wing buffoon would have opened his gob on such a serious issue without either thinking about the implications of his words or at least having a blue print for his suggestions.
He's said AFAIK that that matter is under consideration by government and no position is decided yet.
C69

Post by C69 »

Chip you have an issue then criticse the govenment
They coined the term and are looking into “COVID status certification” and here is exactlywhat boris said.
Asked about vaccine certificates for pubs, he said: "I think that's the kind of thing that may be up to individual publicans. It may be up to the landlord."
Grwo a set of balls and criticise the Governement when they are the ones pushing an agenda you don't like rather than spaffing your load agaoinst the wall when they impress you.

Btw the vaccine rollout has been excellent from procurement and manufacture to the NHS run vaccine delivery system :thumbup:
message #2527204

f**king passport?

None at all. As long as it is fully advertised and I'm free to take myself elsewhere.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Society will exist post the virus. Changing basic values is stupid.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ovalball wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 pm

f**king passport?

It directly discriminated against pregnant or wishing to be pregnant women.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:42 pm Chip you have an issue then criticse the govenment
They coined the term and are looking into “COVID status certification” and here is exactlywhat boris said.
Asked about vaccine certificates for pubs, he said: "I think that's the kind of thing that may be up to individual publicans. It may be up to the landlord."
Grwo a set of balls and criticise the Governement when they are the ones pushing an agenda you don't like rather than spaffing your load agaoinst the wall when they impress you.

Btw the vaccine rollout has been excellent from procurement and manufacture to the NHS run vaccine delivery system :thumbup:
They are discussing it - this means deciding on the principles and how you could implement it. I have no issue with the government discussing things - it's their job. If they bring in vaccine passports I will be criticising it, I've given my reasoning above.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Just submitted my vote. A hell yea
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm Just submitted my vote. A hell yea

Little surprise there.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

I presume the EU have just announced they will be implementing them.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm I'd wait to see what the uptake percentage in the young before doing anything like this. If we reach herd immunity for this virus then why do we need passports?
Without "incentives" the uptake in the young will not be very good
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Little surprise there.
Same fir your anti-lockdowns reactions and the obvious success of them and the damage done when they are not lock downed fast enough.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

I’ve just waiting outside for my first vaccination. Once I get it I’m not leaving until I get my Boris Passport, in red, white and blue obviously.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:06 pm
ChipSpike wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm I'd wait to see what the uptake percentage in the young before doing anything like this. If we reach herd immunity for this virus then why do we need passports?
Without "incentives" the uptake in the young will not be very good
not what yougov polls are showing, from mar 12 37% had the vaccine already and a further 49% intend to have it.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

A5D5E5 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:51 pm Image
I presume the EU have just announced they will be implementing them.
Not yet.

This Tory government has my full support though .
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

79% say yes.

Bimbo in the contrarian minority as usual
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Little surprise there.
Same fir your anti-lockdowns reactions and the obvious success of them and the damage done when they are not lock downed fast enough.

The damage caused by lockdowns is worse than Covid , just less visible.