The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22097
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by shanky »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:20 pm :lol: :lol:

Bugger - got to go and deliver hot meals to oldies who are more mobile than I am.

I'll row this one further into the sewer on my return. :D
:lol:
cool. we'll still be here when you get back

Round 116, seconds out!
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19421
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by paddyor »

It should really be called 10 eyes. They always come in pairs so one upside is the name will be better.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22097
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by shanky »

paddyor wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 pm It should really be called 10 eyes. They always come in pairs so one upside is the name will be better.
What do you call a deer with ten eyes?
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22097
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by shanky »

...anybody?

No?

Lord Tenison


#freestylin
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Fat Old Git »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:13 pm Gees, these Nat Supporters can't even spell the name of their PM and her daughter

It's Jacinda, not Jacinta

It's Neve, not Neave

And they get upset when we slightly misspell the name of their previous Dear Leader.

;)
Autocorrect is even an issue for people like me who gave 2 ticks red and still have Jacinda as my preferred PM by a country mile.

:P

(I'm watching out for it now. I was going to type Ardern to avoid confusion and it corrected it to Ardfern!)
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 pm
Sensible Stephen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:10 am
Rubbish. I bring up NZ sticking their nose into someone else's business, and you, instead of saying yeah that was a bit off, you give it a - oh you don't think diplomacy should be respectful?

Somehow that's not dancing around the issue? Get your hand off it.
That wasn't what you said though. Here's the exchange again.
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:57 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am How exactly is NZ expected to stand up successfully to China? We can't even stand up to bullying from Oz and their national colour is yellow.

I'm assuming the other 4 members of 5 eyes have stopped trading with China in the meantime though.
Well you could restrain yourself from telling Australia to show respect to China.

Or sign the document the other 4 members did.

Or the other one that countries like Japan and Korea also signed.
So you don't think disagreements or diplomacy should be handled respectfully, and that signing a document will result in successfully standing up to China?
So it's not me talking rubbish. Nor am I the one with your hand on it.
I am really confused by this. How is that not you dancing around the question. Whatever floats your boat buddy.
naki111
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by naki111 »

MrDominator wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:56 pm This is absolutely embarrassing
A bit like running on the water for Stillorgan 3rds ;)
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Fat Old Git »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 pm
Sensible Stephen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:10 am
Rubbish. I bring up NZ sticking their nose into someone else's business, and you, instead of saying yeah that was a bit off, you give it a - oh you don't think diplomacy should be respectful?

Somehow that's not dancing around the issue? Get your hand off it.
That wasn't what you said though. Here's the exchange again.
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:57 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am How exactly is NZ expected to stand up successfully to China? We can't even stand up to bullying from Oz and their national colour is yellow.

I'm assuming the other 4 members of 5 eyes have stopped trading with China in the meantime though.
Well you could restrain yourself from telling Australia to show respect to China.

Or sign the document the other 4 members did.

Or the other one that countries like Japan and Korea also signed.
So you don't think disagreements or diplomacy should be handled respectfully, and that signing a document will result in successfully standing up to China?
So it's not me talking rubbish. Nor am I the one with your hand on it.
I am really confused by this. How is that not you dancing around the question. Whatever floats your boat buddy.
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Internet hardman? Er, ok. You'll have to explain that one to me also. It appears I am dumb, a hardman and you are pure as snow? Righto.
obelixtim
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by obelixtim »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
So you're just a racist cock. Thanks for clearing that up.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5290
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by jambanja »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
If ever there was a pantie twisting post ^ this is it. What nickname you going to give the current PM because she's sucking up to them so hard she could get a golf ball through a hosepipe
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 9452
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by booji boy »

Fat Old Git wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 pm
Ellafan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 pm
shanky wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:45 pm It’s a title bro. Don’t knock it.

Chad would literally kill to have that title.




PS: North or South island drive?
Jacinta will be introducing herself soon as if she's on game of thrones.

Jacinta Arden, Prime Minister of New Zealand, Leader of the Most Developed Agrarian Economy in The World, Defender of the Woke, Conqueror of Covid, Creator of Political Jealously, and Mother of Neave.
I believe you omitted "Chief Wedding Planner". Or something like that.
"Mistress of the Concerned Expression"
Excellent work but I prefer "Mistress of the furrowed brow and feigned concern".
naki111
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by naki111 »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
:lol:
User avatar
True Blue
Posts: 12014
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by True Blue »

Five Eyes.....let's be honest about the intelligence capability of each country

USA:

Image

UK:

Image

Canaduh:

Image

Australia:
Image

New Zealand:

Image
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Fat Old Git »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Internet hardman? Er, ok. You'll have to explain that one to me also. It appears I am dumb, a hardman and you are pure as snow? Righto.
The important part in that was "act".

I've never claimed to be as pure as snow. Something else that appears to only be happening in your head.
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by koroke hangareka »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans. So not a good look really.
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Internet hardman? Er, ok. You'll have to explain that one to me also. It appears I am dumb, a hardman and you are pure as snow? Righto.
The important part in that was "act".

I've never claimed to be as pure as snow. Something else that appears to only be happening in your head.
I will accept I am not that intelligent, but hardman puting on an act? I think this is in your head, not mine. But please, continue with the personal insults.
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20960
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Enzedder »

koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 am
obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans. So not a good look really.

Bugger me - and people call us Labour supporters woke. Stephen would have to be the most woke person on PR and it looks as though you're taking lessons.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Fat Old Git »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Internet hardman? Er, ok. You'll have to explain that one to me also. It appears I am dumb, a hardman and you are pure as snow? Righto.
The important part in that was "act".

I've never claimed to be as pure as snow. Something else that appears to only be happening in your head.
I will accept I am not that intelligent, but hardman puting on an act? I think this is in your head, not mine. But please, continue with the personal insults.
Perhaps I could just tell you you're dancing around "the issue", talking "rubbish", and to get your "hand off it".

Oh, and it's not "but hardman putting on an act", it's "putting on a hardman act. A small but important distinction. :P
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:22 am
koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 am
obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans. So not a good look really.

Bugger me - and people call us Labour supporters woke. Stephen would have to be the most woke person on PR and it looks as though you're taking lessons.
I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 am
I'm not surprised you are confused. I wish I could say I was, but I can't. If you want to think that is me dancing around the issue and put on your internet hardman act, than as you say, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Internet hardman? Er, ok. You'll have to explain that one to me also. It appears I am dumb, a hardman and you are pure as snow? Righto.
The important part in that was "act".

I've never claimed to be as pure as snow. Something else that appears to only be happening in your head.
I will accept I am not that intelligent, but hardman puting on an act? I think this is in your head, not mine. But please, continue with the personal insults.
Perhaps I could just tell you you're dancing around "the issue", talking "rubbish", and to get your "hand off it".

Oh, and it's not "but hardman putting on an act", it's "putting on a hardman act. A small but important distinction. :P
You see, those aren't personal insults are they. And that is a hardman act? er... sure ok...
grievous
Posts: 12844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by grievous »

Jacinda Ardern savaged as British Parliament declares treatment of Uighurs ‘genocide’
Latika Bourke
By Latika Bourke
April 23, 2021 — 6.39am


London: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has been savaged for sucking up to China and turning her back on the Five Eyes alliance during a historic debate in which British MPs unanimously declared that China is carrying out genocide and crimes against humanity.

The vote on the motion addressing Beijing’s repression of the Uighurs in Xinjiang province was carried unanimously, making it the first time in the Commons’ history that MPs have passed a genocide motion without dissent.

During the debate, Australia was praised for its actions in standing up to China, despite the massive cost to the trading relationship, estimated to be worth $20 billion, as Beijing has blocked lobster, wine, barley and some coal imports since Canberra asked for an inquiry into the origins of coronavirus.

But MPs voiced concern about the New Zealand government’s recent comments cautioning against the Five Eyes expanding its remit beyond intelligence sharing - remarks that blindsided Australia but were immediately endorsed by the Chinese.

The Five Eyes is a spying network combining Australia’s allies the United States, UK, Canada and New Zealand; New Zealand has opted out of several statements criticising China’s increasing aggression, including its crackdown in Hong Kong.

Bob Seely, a Tory MP, savaged the stance taken by Jacinda Ardern, saying she was “in a hell of an ethical mess.”

“A prime minister who virtue signals whilst crudely sucking up to China whilst backing out of the Five Eyes agreement, which I think is an appallingly, appallingly short-sighted thing to be doing,” he said.

Seely said Britain needed to stand instead “shoulder-to-shoulder” with Australia.


“The Australians are calling out China and they’re doing it at trade risk - we need to make sure that they do not pay an ethical price,” he said.

The landmark genocide motion was put forward by Nus Ghani, a Muslim MP and member of Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party and one of a string of British MPs recently sanctioned by the Chinese Communist Party after the British government used Magnitsky legislation - named after a Russian dissident - to sanction Chinese officials responsible for the crackdown in Xinjiang.

Ghani said she hoped the historic event would spur Australia - which is refusing to label the human rights abuses in Xinjiang as genocide - into action.

“We hope this will send a strong geopolitical signal to our Australian allies,” Ghani told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison will visit Jacinda Ardern in two weeks.
National security
Australia was blindsided when Five Eyes ally New Zealand backed away from China criticism
“Like-minded nations must stand together against these atrocities, and be united in their response. By slapping sanctions on elected representatives from around the world, China has brought us even closer together.

“We must redouble our efforts in defence of our common values, and Australia is a key and indispensable part of that.

“We look to our Australian friends to carry the torch of human rights still further, and make their views about the Uighur Genocide known,” Ghani said.

Prime Minister Ardern’s office declined to comment.

Labor Senator Kimberley Kitching, a co-chair of the Australian wing of the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China, a group of cross-party MPs from democratic legislatures around the world urging their governments to take a firmer stance on China policy, welcomed the Commons move but said governments needed to act.

Australia leads the world confronting China, for better or worse
“Today’s vote in the British Parliament is a clear sign that the world is waking up to the suffering of the Uighur people,” she said.

“The international community can no longer be idle in the face of this brutal repression.

“Condemning the abuses is not enough. So long as governments fail to take meaningful action to hold those responsible to account then these atrocities will continue.

“We only need to look to history to see where this ends,” Kitching said.

Rahima Mahmut from the World Uighur Congress said to MPs and human rights campaigners: “I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”
obelixtim
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by obelixtim »

Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
naki111
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by naki111 »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:11 am
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
Quite the meltdown on a Friday arvo, no less.

Can I have a cool nickname, too?
User avatar
True Blue
Posts: 12014
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by True Blue »

Never been a fan of Ardern myself. I personally think she's a populist. The "thoughts and prayers" PM of NZ.

Genuinely don't get how people can like her and dislike Key when they are basically the same politician.
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by koroke hangareka »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:11 am
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
Yes, and I'm inclined to agree with the point. But it sure sounds like you're trying to insult John Key, and the way you are doing it is to give him a "Chinese" name. You are using Chinese ethnicity as an insult. It would take a pretty subtle thinker to figure out that you aren't using race as an insult.
User avatar
Sensible Stephen
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Sensible Stephen »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:11 am
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
Wow. Take a breath buddy. Giving him a Korean name as an insult because he did deals with the Chinese that you don't like? If you don't see the causal racism there... Then I don't know what to tell you... You have issues.
User avatar
Peteray
Posts: 2166
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Peteray »

True Blue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:24 am Never been a fan of Ardern myself. I personally think she's a populist. The "thoughts and prayers" PM of NZ.

Genuinely don't get how people can like her and dislike Key when they are basically the same politician.
I can understand this comment :)
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22097
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by shanky »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:11 am
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
I realise you're fired up, but the reality is that it's not cool, anymore, to make name-gags like that

Thirty years ago, it might have been 'funny' here to have a dark skinned or Indigenous friend called Chocko. It's not even remotely funny now.

It's enlightenment. It's not wokedom.
:thumbup:
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Harveys »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 am
obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
So you're just a racist cock. Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, perhaps, but perhaps not.

I seem to recall the Australian posters staunchly defending their right to use the term “Paki” as apparently in Australia its used with “non-derogatory” “nonracist” intent, apparently. The English (lolz I know) were outraged, almost as outraged as you on this thread, and they were bathing in their outrage, they were lathering themselves up with it and smearing their outrage all over the thread, it was something quite to behold.
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by koroke hangareka »

Harveys wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:50 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 am
obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers. He's our ex PM and we'll nickname him whatever we like. Jong Kee is a nickname, that is all. Nothing racist about it. Its a reference to him sucking up to the Chinese, and getting kickbacks from them. I'm glad you are offended. And I don't give a shit if you believe it is a mistake about which country it refers to. And I've spent time in both Korea and China, and I do know the difference. So untwist your panties.

JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE JONG KEE!!!!
So you're just a racist cock. Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, perhaps, but perhaps not.

I seem to recall the Australian posters staunchly defending their right to use the term “Paki” as apparently in Australia its used with “non-derogatory” “nonracist” intent, apparently. The English (lolz I know) were outraged, almost as outraged as you on this thread, and they were bathing in their outrage, they were lathering themselves up with it and smearing their outrage all over the thread, it was something quite to behold.
I believe Stephen is of Korean descent, so perhaps he takes it personally when white people try to insult another white person by calling them by a Korean name. Maybe he doesn't want to bother with their tortured explanations of why that is really perfectly ok.
It doesn't seem to bear much resemblance to the "Paki" furore.
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Harveys »

Also its not racist if its mocking the National PM, if it was directed at Jacinta and Labour though I imagine there would be some serious tut tut tutting and finger waving going on.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 13794
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by UncleFB »

True Blue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:24 am Never been a fan of Ardern myself. I personally think she's a populist. The "thoughts and prayers" PM of NZ.

Genuinely don't get how people can like her and dislike Key when they are basically the same politician.
And vice versa but lots of Key fans (especially around here) hate her.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5290
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by jambanja »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:11 am
Understood, but it does take the form of trying to insult a pakeha by implying that he's ethnically Chinese, and getting even that wrong and making it look like you've got something against Koreans.
Its a nickname.

I'm insulting a pakeha by implying he's ethnic Chinese?

WTF do you get that from? Somewhere deep inside your head, no doubt.

The insult is because as PM he kowtowed to China, and allowed Chinese money to buy up half of NZ. All the time filling his back pocket. They bought him. A used car, insurance selling, snake oil salesman. A smarmy, smug, self satisfied grifter. A sell out.

I, and a lot of other Kiwis don't like that. Hence the "chinese" sounding nickname. Nothing to do with Koreans, who I have nothing against. I don't give a crap if you think its confusion between Chinese and Korean. So stick your PC bullshit up your arse. Tosser!

I am woke because I called out your racist nickname?
Why is it racist?

Do tell me o master of political correctness.

Then go and get a life.
You do understand that the nickname you’ve given him is Korean sounding and not Chinese sounding, so effectively what you’re saying is all Asians are the same and their names sound the same, ergo casual racism, the fact you can’t recognise this speaks volumes really
Now what nickname are you going to give the current PM, based on the criteria of sucking up to the Chinese, I and I’m sure many others, are on tenterhooks
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Harveys »

Just to be clear, obviously in this day and age its not a passable nickname, Shanky called 30 years but reality is no one was making much of a fuss about this one 10 years ago.

However, SS having a stroke over it is a bit OTT, though its probably just overcompensating for the not so “casual” racism back home in Korea. That or hes the Aus Muttonbird.
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by koroke hangareka »

Ah jambanja, there you go being all woke again. What people have to understand is that we aren't racist against the Koreans at all. It's the Chinese we have a problem with. And even then it's not their race, it's their behaviour. But anyway never mind that, It's the Chinese. The Chinese, not the Koreans, ok?
(It's just that they all look the same to us and we can't tell the difference.)
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5290
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by jambanja »

koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:25 am Ah jambanja, there you go being all woke again. What people have to understand is that we aren't racist against the Koreans at all. It's the Chinese we have a problem with. And even then it's not their race, it's their behaviour. But anyway never mind that, It's the Chinese. The Chinese, not the Koreans, ok?
(It's just that they all look the same to us and we can't tell the difference.)
My newfound wokeism has taken even me by surprise, it’s quite alarming really
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Muttonbirds »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 am
Sensible Stephen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am
Could you please explain to me this nickname, because I fail to see the relevance, was he some sort of bunny to Korea, or is this just casual racism
Thanks for calling this out. Suspect its just casual racism and he wouldn't have a clue what names are Korean or Chinese or otherwise. Much like his mate enzedder.
fudge off both you woke wankers.
Probably the worst insult you could direct to a right winger.

Conservative NZ broadcaster, Heather Du Plessis-Allan did the same this afternoon. She had just interviewed Nigel Farage who explained New Zealand had, "turned its back on the English speaking world".

She then told listeners the criticisms of NZ's position from right wing commenters was simply an attack on Jacinda Ardern and her centre-left government. After all, they hate nice politics.

The conclusion: it is the Andrew Bolts and Con Coughlin​s of the world who are being woke on this. They are suddenly and conveniently concerned with human rights violations in China after decades of turning a blind eye to the same.

Such commentators would hate to realise they are now woke too.
Last edited by Muttonbirds on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply