The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

All things Rugby
MrDominator

The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by MrDominator »

Time to boot these chancers out of Five Eyes...
When Beijing turned on Australia for suggesting that there should be an independent inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus, there was a shocking lack of solidarity from New Zealand. Wellington’s trade minister, while negotiating an upgrade to its trade deal with China, suggested Australia should ‘show respect’ to China. New Zealand now exports almost half its meat and wool to China. Revealingly, it also dropped out of a statement by the Five Eyes — the intelligence grouping that joins together the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand — that was particularly critical of China’s behaviour in Hong Kong.

New Zealand was also strikingly absent from the statement issued by 14 countries — including Australia, the US, the UK, Canada, Japan and South Korea — this week following the World Health Organisation’s work in China. It expressed ‘concerns that the international expert study on the source of the Sars-CoV-2 virus was significantly delayed and lacked access to complete, original data and samples’.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why ... ing-china-
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: The Speccie slams quisling Kiwis

Post by Enzedder »

And then you'll be called Four Eyes. :lol: :lol:
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 pm And then you'll be called Four Eyes. :lol: :lol:
Looking forward to watching the first NZ Australian War. Wonder who will win.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 pm And then you'll be called Four Eyes. :lol: :lol:
Who sad that? WHO SAID THAT! :x :x
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

MungoMan wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:45 pm
:lol: :lol:
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Latest term for NZ in Canberra is apparently New Xi-land :lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

MrDominator wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:33 pm Latest term for NZ in Canberra is apparently New Xi-land :lol:
:lol:

The Comfort Isles
shanky

Post by shanky »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:51 pm
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

MrDominator wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:33 pm Latest term for NZ in Canberra is apparently New Xi-land :lol:
yeah, well that is because when we pulled Great (joke) Britain out of the fire in WW2 they went and shat on us and joined the EEC (what a joke that turned out to be eh?).

In the meantime, we found new friends who don't shit on us.

Don't like it? We don't care bro.
naki111

Post by naki111 »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:17 am

I hope you are joking.
grievous

Post by grievous »

yeah, well that is because when we pulled Great (joke) Britain out of the fire in WW2 they went and shat on us and joined the EEC (what a joke that turned out to be eh?).

Don't like it? We don't care bro.
:? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

naki111 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 am

I hope you are joking.
They haven't yet. Poms, Yanks, Aussies are not very good friends at all. Canadians are nice guys though
Dark

Post by Dark »

From sickeningly xenophobic searching for "Asiany sounding surnames" and spitting on our eastern friends, to embarrassing simpering, kowtowing to China's every whim over this.

Our Labour party in NZ doesn't do things by halves really.

At least they aren't hanging out with Kim Dotcom anymore I guess.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:38 am

I hope you are joking.
They haven't yet. Poms, Yanks, Aussies are not very good friends at all. Canadians are nice guys though
More tea, Pop?
naki111

Post by naki111 »

I hope you are joking.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/country/4224 ... china-soar

Off the record, I have it on good authoritay that this is state sponsored theft and but one of many examples of China shitting on us and us taking it.

But 'merica bad. Am I doing this right?
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

China has never recognised the IP of anything, not just Chinese Gooseberries. Did you not know that? Live with it or miss out on the trade - or do you think we can live off intelligence scraps from the Yanks.

However, lets not get too serious here - I am just responding to some Pom with no brain, in his own method.
naki111

Post by naki111 »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:36 am China has never recognised the IP of anything, not just Chinese Gooseberries. Did you not know that? Live with it or miss out on the trade - or do you think we can live off intelligence scraps from the Yanks.

However, lets not get too serious here - I am just responding to some Pom with no brain, in his own method.
We might just have to agree to disagree on this one 8) . Hope all is well your way Enz.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

I have found that relying on the Poms or the Yanks is fraught with danger.

Oz is starting to look the same but hopefully they will get rid of their idiot soon.

With the Chinese we know we're getting into the bed with the devil and we have to plan accordingly. They are our biggest trading partner and we have no options that I can think of.

What would you have us do about China Naki Jnr?

Mainly good here - it helps that the Doc has put me on to a pill that agrees with me and I am able to get out walking again as the pain is under control - but now 20kegs heavier than last time
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:00 am I have found that relying on the Poms or the Yanks is fraught with danger.

Oz is starting to look the same but hopefully they will get rid of their idiot soon.

With the Chinese we know we're getting into the bed with the devil and we have to plan accordingly. They are our biggest trading partner and we have no options that I can think of.

Mainly good here - it helps that the Doc has put me on to a pill that agrees with me and I am able to get out walking again as the pain is under control - but now 20kegs heavier than last time
Obviously New Zealand is expected to:
(1) Buy a whole shitload of pointless military hardware, and
(2) Wag its finger sternly at the Chinese every time they do something shitty (ie constantly) even though both countries know that NZ needs the Chinese and they don't need NZ, and that NZ has no leverage at all.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 am
Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:00 am I have found that relying on the Poms or the Yanks is fraught with danger.

(2) Wag its finger sternly at the Chinese every time they do something shitty (ie constantly) even though both countries know that NZ needs the Chinese and they don't need NZ, and that NZ has no leverage at all.
If China could feed itself they would have no need to buy your agri goods
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Woulda coulda should a.

It is what it is. If the Poms had stuck with the Commonwealth and not the EEC things might be different too.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Unfortunately New Zealand doesn't have a monopoly on agricultural products.
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

Never mind the Uyghur genocide - look, Jacinda's got a baby. Awwww
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am Woulda coulda should a.

It is what it is. If the Poms had stuck with the Commonwealth and not the EEC things might be different too.
Totally agree.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

shanky wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 am

The Comfort Isles
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

A triumph of pragmatism and transactional realism, the UK and US must be so proud.

Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am Woulda coulda should a.

Yep. We kicked our friends in the teeth.
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

shanky wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 am

The Comfort Isles
Ouch :lol:
Salient

Post by Salient »

koroke hangareka wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 am

Hey the Chinese are in desperate need of purchasing NZ farmland, or have they already got all the property on the Aotearoa monopoly board already?

Jacinda should take some time out of wedding plans, or managing the wedding planning minions at least, to review foreign ownership. Just a thought Bros.
naki111

Post by naki111 »

NZ is actually disportionately important to China relative to our population size and other factors. I don't think most Kiwis appreciate this.

Generally, in authoritarian systems politics trumps economics and in liberal democracies economics trumps politics. That doesn't always hold true, but in NZ and China's case, I think it does.

NZ is basically the Sweden or Switzerland of the South Pacific. No one really dislikes us and we are perceived internationally as a neutral party and impartial operator in things generally. Having NZ largely singing from the same song sheet as the Chinese is a pretty big international and domestic propaganda coup for the CCP. It provides a veneer of legitimacy to what is otherwise a pretty horrible group of people doing pretty horrible things.

Winston Peters very publicly bitch slapping the Chinese ambassador last year and suffering no repercussions (https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/41 ... her-master) is an example of how NZ has more leeway than other countries when dealing with China. Our historically good relations (arguably NZ has historically had the healthiest relationship with China of any of the Anglo countries) with China as well as other more tangible factors dictate this.

The tangible factors relate to NZ's geographic position. We are going to be increasingly important geopolitically going forward as the Antarctic Treaty comes closer to expiration. China wants a piece of this Antarctic pie as the world becomes less multilateral, more multi-polar and far more zero sum as this century progresses. Furthermore, NZ is also in a good position as a potential entrepot centre for trade between South America and China, which currently has poor links for both air and maritime trade.

Moreover, there is also NZ's relative influence in the South Pacific which China wants to shape and/or constrain depending on various factors.

In light of all of these things, I don't think that NZ should be burning bridges with the PRC. We are in a strong position to leverage our advantages going forward, but seem to more often than not be price takers rather than price makers in our dealings with them. We roll over too often when we could take a stand because we think we are less significant than we are. The kiwifruit thing I mentioned above is a good example. We should be taking more of a stand on issues that are both core economic interests to NZ as well as well as being slightly less pragmatic when it comes to compromising on our values.
Sensible Stephen

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Thats just pathetic to be honest. At least with the Nazis we know who we are getting into bed with. As long as those concentration camps are out of sight its all good.
Petej

Post by Petej »

naki111 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:30 am

I hope you are joking.

Off the record, I have it on good authoritay that this is state sponsored theft and but one of many examples of China shitting on us and us taking it.

Really is nothing compared to jet engines and cars they've been stealing from elsewhere. The uk Tories were such boot licker's that they would screw over their own steel industry for chinese telecoms and nuclear stations. We've also sold a stack load of land and property to dodgy middle eastern arseholes, russian arseholes and Chinese arseholes so have no right to criticise New Zealand at all. The Independent is russian/saudi owned, the telegraph had a whole supplement written by the CCP (that they have now deleted all trace of), we made a dodgy russian arsehole a lord.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Petej wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm

I hope you are joking.

Really is nothing compared to jet engines and cars they've been stealing from elsewhere. The uk Tories were such boot licker's that they would screw over their own steel industry for chinese telecoms and nuclear stations. We've also sold a stack load of land and property to dodgy middle eastern arseholes, russian arseholes and Chinese arseholes so have no right to criticise New Zealand at all. The Independent is russian/saudi owned, the telegraph had a whole supplement written by the CCP (that they have now deleted all trace of), we made a dodgy russian arsehole a lord.
Sounds a bit like a racist rant to me, dude.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 am

Thats just pathetic to be honest. At least with the Nazis we know who we are getting into bed with. As long as those concentration camps are out of sight its all good.
We have to eat and those pesky Yanks just slap tariffs on us (and the Poms only let a few shiploads of goods in).

What would you have us do about China SS?
Petej

Post by Petej »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:25 pm

I hope you are joking.

Really is nothing compared to jet engines and cars they've been stealing from elsewhere. The uk Tories were such boot licker's that they would screw over their own steel industry for chinese telecoms and nuclear stations. We've also sold a stack load of land and property to middle eastern human rights abusers, russian mafia types and Chinese human rights abusers so have no right to criticise New Zealand at all. The Independent is russian/saudi owned, the telegraph had a whole supplement written by the CCP (that they have now deleted all trace of), also made a son of kgb agent a lord. We are really good at laundering money, sports washing and have libel laws that these people love.
Is that better? I'm hoping the western countries adoption of the magnitski acts are the beginning of a push back. The west has been careless and too passive since the fall of the USSR. I deeply resent the UK being used to give foreign criminals legitimacy.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Petej wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:25 pm

Really is nothing compared to jet engines and cars they've been stealing from elsewhere. The uk Tories were such boot licker's that they would screw over their own steel industry for chinese telecoms and nuclear stations. We've also sold a stack load of land and property to middle eastern human rights abusers, russian mafia types and Chinese human rights abusers so have no right to criticise New Zealand at all. The Independent is russian/saudi owned, the telegraph had a whole supplement written by the CCP (that they have now deleted all trace of), also made a son of kgb agent a lord. We are really good at laundering money, sports washing and have libel laws that these people love.
Is that better? I'm hoping the western countries adoption of the magnitski acts are the beginning of a push back. The west has been careless and too passive since the fall of the USSR. I deeply resent the UK being used to give foreign criminals legitimacy.
These western countries are the foreign criminals to many.

By the time our grandkids are middle-aged, history will have been rewritten again, and the yanks and democracy will be the bad guys who committed genocide and ecological destruction on a continental scale in just a couple of hundred years, whilst keeping the rest of the world in abject poverty to pay for it all. Chinese will be the good guys.
Sensible Stephen

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Enzedder wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm

We have to eat and those pesky Yanks just slap tariffs on us (and the Poms only let a few shiploads of goods in).

Stop acting like childish twats for one. Genocide? What? Ignore that, lets upgrade our free trade agreement.
New Zealand trade minister tries to ease tensions after saying Australia should 'show respect' to China
When asked by CNBC about his country’s offer to play a mediation role in the dispute between Australia and China, O’Connor began by proudly declaring New Zealand’s relationship with Beijing was “mature and honest”. What a pity the Aussies had made a hash of theirs.

“I can’t speak for Australia and the way it runs its diplomatic relationships but clearly if they were to follow us and show respect, I guess a little more diplomacy from time to time, and be cautious with wording, then they, too, hopefully could be in a similar situation,” he said.

Unsurprisingly, the Chinese Foreign Ministry was quick to praise Comrade O’Connor, a spokesperson saying Australia should “heed the constructive voices from people with vision”. Noting the irony that “O’Connor’s lesson in diplomacy was itself spectacularly undiplomatic,” New Zealand news website Stuff slammed the trade minister in an editorial. “Lecturing our friends across the ditch about speaking nicely to China will irritate many people, and not just in Australia,” it said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commen ... 11cd17defd
Diversify. Sign your name to join statements put out by Japan, Korea, Australia, Canada etc.
Brumbie_Steve

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

Sensible Stephen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 am
Enzedder wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Stop acting like childish twats for one. Genocide? What? Ignore that, lets upgrade our free trade agreement.
New Zealand trade minister tries to ease tensions after saying Australia should 'show respect' to China
When asked by CNBC about his country’s offer to play a mediation role in the dispute between Australia and China, O’Connor began by proudly declaring New Zealand’s relationship with Beijing was “mature and honest”. What a pity the Aussies had made a hash of theirs.

“I can’t speak for Australia and the way it runs its diplomatic relationships but clearly if they were to follow us and show respect, I guess a little more diplomacy from time to time, and be cautious with wording, then they, too, hopefully could be in a similar situation,” he said.

Unsurprisingly, the Chinese Foreign Ministry was quick to praise Comrade O’Connor, a spokesperson saying Australia should “heed the constructive voices from people with vision”. Noting the irony that “O’Connor’s lesson in diplomacy was itself spectacularly undiplomatic,” New Zealand news website Stuff slammed the trade minister in an editorial. “Lecturing our friends across the ditch about speaking nicely to China will irritate many people, and not just in Australia,” it said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commen ... 11cd17defd
Diversify. Sign your name to join statements put out by Japan, Korea, Australia, Canada etc.

NZ is a country of principles don't you know. When they become inconvenient they have others. The scroungers of the Pacific.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Brumbie_Steve wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:31 am
NZ is a country of principles don't you know. When they become inconvenient they have others. The scroungers of the Pacific.

I'm impressed you can manage to mount your high horse with a mouthful of all that US cock you've been gobbling since the Poms left you to rot in Singapore.