Will the Springboks turn up to the Rugby Championship this year?

All things Rugby
mr bungle

Re: Will the Springboks turn up to the Rugby Championship this year?

Post by mr bungle »

All bets are off due to COVID. Well COVID and a Bok team keen to protect the legacy of a flaky RWC win.
Farva

Post by Farva »

I’ve got a bottle of their chilli beer but haven’t opened it yet.
The beer tasting they do ends with one of their whiskeys!
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

handyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:28 am I knew SA's RWC 2019 win hurt NZ and Aus, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Chin up lads, there's always the next one.
It's sad to see. I remember there being a lot of confidence that the SARU would be successfully sued :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
towny

Post by towny »

Lemoentjie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm
handyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:28 am I knew SA's RWC 2019 win hurt NZ and Aus, but I had no idea it was this bad.

It's sad to see. I remember there being a lot of confidence that the SARU would be successfully sued :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sued for what?
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

towny wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Sued for what?
For not competing in last year's Rugby Championship
towny

Post by towny »

Lemoentjie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Sued for what?
And what would the point be? It’s not as if you’ve got money.
Of course, there was no clauses to cover such a circumstance because who would have ever foreseen that a team would rather not play rugby in case they didn’t win? Maybe next year or the year after we will see South Africa back in action.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

towny wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Sued for what?
Of course, there was no clauses to cover such a circumstance because who would have ever foreseen that a team would rather not play rugby in case they didn’t win? Maybe next year or the year after we will see South Africa back in action.
You might get to see the World Champions in action sooner than that if the Lions tour goes ahead. Fingers crossed it does.
naki111

Post by naki111 »

Clogs wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Sued for what?
You might get to see the World Champions in action sooner than that if the Lions tour goes ahead. Fingers crossed it does.
Imagine reveling in the fact that your country is now a pariah in world rugby. Imagine.

I used to enjoy watching the Springboks play. It’s sad it’s come to this. South African supporters would now rather troll than ask hard questions of their union as to why exactly they aren’t playing games and are indeed in a far poorer position to defend their World Cup crown.

Looking forward to that 3-0 whitewash in a few months along with all the tears and excuses boet.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

naki111 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:07 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm
Sued for what?
Imagine reveling in the fact that your country is now a pariah in world rugby. Imagine.

I used to enjoy watching the Springboks play. It’s sad it’s come to this. South African supporters would now rather troll than ask hard questions of their union as to why exactly they aren’t playing games and are indeed in a far poorer position to defend their World Cup crown.

Looking forward to that 3-0 whitewash in a few months along with all the tears and excuses boet.

Onto page 3 already. We need another:

Farva

Post by Farva »

That photo is so old now it might as well have been in black and white.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 am That photo is so old now it might as well have been in black and white.
Half of those players will have died from the roids before they play again.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 am That photo is so old now it might as well have been in black and white.
You make a good point. It is almost as old as the last Wallaby Bledisloe photo.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 am
Its interesting to see that with the Boks not actually doing anything, their fans are forced to ride the coat tails of other teams that are.

South Africa, of course, having held the Mandela plate once in the last five years, three times in the last ten; and having only held the Freedom Cup twice in the last 15.

SA, truely the least successful team of the three long standing tri nations teams.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Thats not a fair comparison. You can’t win the Bledisloe Cup without beating the ABs.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Decent effort, even got some schmucks like Handyman to abandon NPR for a day to come post on this thread

:lol:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:51 am
Its interesting to see that with the Boks not actually doing anything, their fans are forced to ride the coat tails of other teams that are.

South Africa, of course, having held the Mandela plate once in the last five years, three times in the last ten; and having only held the Freedom Cup twice in the last 15.

SA, truely the least successful team of the three long standing tri nations teams.
Undefeated last year. No other team was able to achieve that.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Big Nipper wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 am Decent effort, even got some schmucks like Handyman to abandon NPR for a day to come post on this thread

:lol:
:lol: no wonder we can't get on NPR PR now our second option.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 am

Undefeated last year. No other team was able to achieve that.
When was the last time a world cup winner didnt win a test in the following calendar year. Has it ever happened before?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

@Farva, Of course it hasn’t.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am

When was the last time a world cup winner didnt win a test in the following calendar year. Has it ever happened before?
England were the previous worst winners of a RWC, in 2004 they could only win 45% of their games... including a win over the Springboks, who at least managed to show up on that occasion.

No-one's ever been so appallingly bad that they went through an entire year without winning.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 am
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 am
I don’t think the Australians forced all the Polynesian players to the right edge.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:19 am
Farva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am

England were the previous worst winners of a RWC, in 2004 they could only win 45% of their games... including a win over the Springboks, who at least managed to show up on that occasion.

No-one's ever been so appallingly bad that they went through an entire year without winning.
Not even one when there was a global epidemic ravaging populations across the world (well apart from Australia and New Zealand)? :shock:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

How stupid does the SARU think we are?

They are demanding that the Lions tour plague-riddled South Africa. Yet in the same breath are saying that they cannot travel to NZ or Australia because of COVID-19. Despite the fact that these countries are the safest on Earth.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:10 am How stupid does the SARU think we are?
They were paid millions for not even showing up. You tell me.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:18 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:10 am How stupid does the SARU think we are?
Tell you what? You think they're clever for staying at home. I think they are being c**nts. I guess South Africans are used to being disliked, after the Apartheid era. Just a coincidence that you fled to Australia immediately after Apartheid came to an end?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 am
Tell you what? You think they're clever for staying at home. I think they are being c**nts. I guess South Africans are used to being disliked, after the Apartheid era. Just a coincidence that you fled to Australia immediately after Apartheid came to an end?

Ooh. Edgy.
handyman

Post by handyman »

We try to peak around RWC's, where we have the best record of all.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:24 am

Ooh. Edgy.
Apologies if I was wrong. When did you move to Australia? I don't need the month, the year will suffice.
handyman

Post by handyman »

To sum it up : we have Mark Alexander and Jurie Roux heading the SARU, who managed to outwit aus and nz in the boardroom. We have Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber, who outsmarted the rugby world in coming from absolutely nowhere and winning RWC 2019.

The collective smarts here goes without saying. I will leave the management of SA Rugby with them as it's clear these people know what they are doing.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

handyman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 am To sum it up : we have Mark Alexander and Jurie Roux heading the SARU, who managed to outwit aus and nz in the boardroom. We have Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber, who outsmarted the rugby world in coming from absolutely nowhere and winning RWC 2019.

The collective smarts here goes without saying. I will leave the management of SA Rugby with them as it's clear these people know what they are doing.
Outwit? The SARU hasn't outwitted NZR or RA. They betrayed them. Anyone can cheat on their partners. Anyone can commit adultery, it doesn't make you smart or clever.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:42 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:24 am

Ooh. Edgy.
Apologies if I was wrong. When did you move to Australia? I don't need the month, the year will suffice.

Edgy. Cvntish. But edgy. Why don't you man up and just call me a racist?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 am Edgy. Cvntish. But edgy. Why don't you man up and just call me a racist?
I would never call anyone the 'r' word. I'm just unsure why you and a few other South African trolls think it's so hilarious that the SARU is treating NZR and RA so badly. Your national union is actively trying to bankrupt our national unions, and you're sitting on your PC laughing about it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:30 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 am Edgy. Cvntish. But edgy. Why don't you man up and just call me a racist?
I would never call anyone the 'r' word. I'm just unsure why you and a few other South African trolls think it's so hilarious that the SARU is treating NZR and RA so badly. Your national union is actively trying to bankrupt our national unions, and you're sitting on your PC laughing about it.
You wouldn't call me a racist because you have principles yet you will happily imply it?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:32 am
You wouldn't call me a racist because you have principles yet you will happily imply it?
I'm not implying anything. I suspect you simply have a guilty conscience.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:35 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:32 am
I'm not implying anything. I suspect you simply have a guilty conscience.
You are not implying anything? :lol:
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

They are demanding that the Lions tour plague-riddled South Africa. Yet in the same breath are saying that they cannot travel to NZ or Australia because of COVID-19. Despite the fact that these countries are the safest on Earth.
Well this is very disingenuous.

South Africa have less Covid cases than UK. Safer here.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Lemoentjie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Safer there than NZ and Australia? Were you born stupid?
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Lemoentjie wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Safer there than NZ and Australia? Were you born stupid?
Are you retarded? You brought up the Lions tour, so clearly I am comparing SA to the UK.