Force v. Reds - Greatest Match of All Time (confirmed)

All things Rugby
towny

Re: Force v. Reds - Greatest Match of All Time (predicted)

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 am
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 am
RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:45 am
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 am
shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:10 am Randomnavigator is the poster formerly known as Spine

He’s was as crazy as crazy paving when he was here 10-15 years ago, but he had the excuse of being 18 then

A mid-thirties frothing rager is a different story. Probably droves a taxi.
Or a roofer who’s sole trips out of Perth is to Kuta which is done each year.
Well it will probably shock you to know I am a senior manager earning a salary of almost 200k. A very successful one too considering I've been doing it for 8 years now. Nice try though, I live a very comfortable life in my McMansion only 600m from the Indian Ocean with panoramic views. I also enjoy splashing around in my spa and heated pool in winter time.. I do admit my power bill can be quite high with my 7 TV's and 8 android devices/ Laptop etc, plus the pool pump & heater, nothing a bigger solar inverter and a few extra panels can't fix though. I do like to take the sports car out on weekends when I am not driving in my brand new everything paid for work car.
😂

This is comedy gold.
It’s a bit of a strange boast. Do tradies not earn that much? It’s a comfortable salary but not one that is particularly high. Many on here will be in significantly more.

And not one that could afford the lifestyle mentioned. Unless things are different than I thought what is described above is a $2m+ house with a lifestyle that would chew through a $200k salary leaving nothing for mortgage payments.

I tend to think it’s a daydream really because the lifestyle doesn’t match the salary.
A plumber in Perth could earn $200k more than 10 years ago, if they were working for themselves. But you can get a nice house 600m from the beach for less than $1m so there’s no reason to doubt that.

This guy is full of sh1t and he’s obviously a bad human. Lots of people in Perth like him - that’s why we didn’t have any in our social circle. Western Australia is a paradise that is wasted on the boring, insular bogans that grew up there.
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 am
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 am
RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:45 am
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 am
shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:10 am Randomnavigator is the poster formerly known as Spine

He’s was as crazy as crazy paving when he was here 10-15 years ago, but he had the excuse of being 18 then

A mid-thirties frothing rager is a different story. Probably droves a taxi.
Or a roofer who’s sole trips out of Perth is to Kuta which is done each year.
Well it will probably shock you to know I am a senior manager earning a salary of almost 200k. A very successful one too considering I've been doing it for 8 years now. Nice try though, I live a very comfortable life in my McMansion only 600m from the Indian Ocean with panoramic views. I also enjoy splashing around in my spa and heated pool in winter time.. I do admit my power bill can be quite high with my 7 TV's and 8 android devices/ Laptop etc, plus the pool pump & heater, nothing a bigger solar inverter and a few extra panels can't fix though. I do like to take the sports car out on weekends when I am not driving in my brand new everything paid for work car.
😂

This is comedy gold.
It’s a bit of a strange boast. Do tradies not earn that much? It’s a comfortable salary but not one that is particularly high. Many on here will be in significantly more.

And not one that could afford the lifestyle mentioned. Unless things are different than I thought what is described above is a $2m+ house with a lifestyle that would chew through a $200k salary leaving nothing for mortgage payments.

I tend to think it’s a daydream really because the lifestyle doesn’t match the salary.
I also have a crypto portfolio with
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Compound
XLM
OMG &
chain Link
That is doing rather nicely. Got into Bitcoin in 2013 when I realised how successful the tech would become.. dabbled in the darknet for a while and hoarded a shit load of coin. It's a nice life right now watching that portfolio grow. Gotta be in to win.

And made sure my wife wasn't a lazy bitch and got back to work full time... Life can be pretty comfortable when you buy during the GFC and watch your assets grow... I can smell the Jalopy from here... God it reeks.
RandomNavigat0r

Oh and I forgot about my Bitcoin cash I got during the hard fork.. it's also now doing rather nicely. Apollo 11, here we come.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

shanky

Post by shanky »

:lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Lil pump is in the house
towny

Post by towny »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:48 am Oh and I forgot about my Bitcoin cash I got during the hard fork.. it's also now doing rather nicely. Apollo 11, here we come.
As a big bitcoin investor, what are your thoughts on its performance in recent weeks?
RandomNavigat0r

Fluctuations

It always fluctuates around 20% for a long time, so it will go as low as 60k and rise as much as 80k for short periods over and over before it may drop a bit.

In all honestly I reckon it will drop up to 50% or slightly more, then it will start rising, probably hit back at 70-80k AUD, and then a month later shoot through to 100k before the end of this year. The predictions of 300k USD this year from Bloomberg and Forbes seem high in my opinion, but if it quadruples or goes up 5x its value which is pretty common then it could hit the 300k mark, but unlikely. I think that will happen in 2024 when it has another bull run, I think it's too early for that, but if predictions are accurate and this Bull Run ain't over it could very well quadruple. It did when the coin hit $350 and went to $1200, then it did again when $1200 went to 6k, and again when 6k hit 20k.... Then 20k hit 30k for a small period before hitting 80k... That's why I think this Bull Run is done this year, but if people think there's more in the tank good for them, we all benefit of they are right.
towny

Post by towny »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:06 pm Fluctuations

It always fluctuates around 20% for a long time, so it will go as low as 60k and rise as much as 80k for short periods over and over before it may drop a bit.

In all honestly I reckon it will drop up to 50% or slightly more, then it will start rising, probably hit back at 70-80k AUD, and then a month later shoot through to 100k before the end of this year. The predictions of 300k USD this year from Bloomberg and Forbes seem high in my opinion, but if it quadruples or goes up 5x its value which is pretty common then it could hit the 300k mark, but unlikely. I think that will happen in 2024 when it has another bull run, I think it's too early for that, but if predictions are accurate and this Bull Run ain't over it could very well quadruple. It did when the coin hit $350 and went to $1200, then it did again when $1200 went to 6k, and again when 6k hit 20k.... Then 20k hit 30k for a small period before hitting 80k... That's why I think this Bull Run is done this year, but if people think there's more in the tank good for them, we all benefit of they are right.
:o
RandomNavigat0r

Right now I would be looking at XRP(Ripple) if it pulls through the SEC case in the US and it's been kicking SECs ass for the last few months winning minor battles in court then this shit is the only real coin that is truely legitimate and tested by the courts. It already had a bull run a month ago when it rises from 20cents a coin to $2.40 AUD before dropping back to $1.80. that was on the back of their last little win in court over releasing some files. It's looking really bullish right now and If they win the SEC case this coin has the potential to hit $4 and then fly up to $10. Some are predicting higher but that won't happen in the short term. This coin already has financial institutions using its tech, over 200 of them are using RippleNet. Unfortunately Ripple owns half the XRP coins, but there is a legit plan on how they enter the market that makes sense. It might be too late to get onboard but it's looking like a 8-10x return in the short term pending that they win the SEC case. However alot of us got in for mere Penny's and our returns are in the hundreds and more..
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

I came to this topic to find out what the hell happened to the Reds, and I find people discussing that fool's currency, Bitcoin? Where did you people lose your way?
Farva

Post by Farva »

Bitcoin has benefited from the massive amount of capital flowing into the economy due to Covid. M1 is up 4x, M2 25%. That isn’t going to wages, instead going to investment. People need to dump money and bitcoins are one point.

I’m really nervous that when COVID is over we will see inflation due to QE. But what else can we do?
Farva

Post by Farva »

mightyreds wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:23 pm I came to this topic to find out what the hell happened to the Reds, and I find people discussing that fool's currency, Bitcoin? Where did you people lose your way?
Reds were really hurt when Paisami went off.
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

highly entertained by that match
towny

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:32 pm Bitcoin has benefited from the massive amount of capital flowing into the economy due to Covid. M1 is up 4x, M2 25%. That isn’t going to wages, instead going to investment. People need to dump money and bitcoins are one point.

I’m really nervous that when COVID is over we will see inflation due to QE. But what else can we do?
Why would you think that? Sure, logic suggests we should see inflation when he print 50 kajillion dollars. There’s a heap of inflation in real estate and equities.

But logic seems to have disappeared.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

That was a great game.
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Monk Zombie wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm highly entertained by that match
Yes, me as well - great fun! Well done the Force, hard luck Reds. Some huge hits!
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

Well done, Force. As a relatively neutral observer, I have to make the observation that Thorn could have picked a stronger team, and no doubt would have if that had been a must win.
Farva

Post by Farva »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:16 pm
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:32 pm Bitcoin has benefited from the massive amount of capital flowing into the economy due to Covid. M1 is up 4x, M2 25%. That isn’t going to wages, instead going to investment. People need to dump money and bitcoins are one point.

Why would you think that? Sure, logic suggests we should see inflation when he print 50 kajillion dollars. There’s a heap of inflation in real estate and equities.

But logic seems to have disappeared.
I’m hoping the same thing happens now as happened after the GFC. People and corporations reacted by upping savings, and so dropping velocity meaning we didn’t see inflation.
And given property and shares are surging there is some evidence that is happening.
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

Great game. Very ordinary reffing. Reds should never have let the ref have an influence on the game.

Embarrassment to see that a special needs team like the Farce can make the finals, but I guess it gives the West a break from kissing their cousins and banjo practice. It shows how piss poor the Rebs and Tards are that a team full of Kiwi pensioners, Argentinians and Super rugby rejects can make the finals... kiss your sister.

The sooner we go green and convert WA into one big solar farm the quicker we can watch these Western bogans picking our fruit while sipping our lattes.
towny

Post by towny »

The Optimist wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:45 am Great game. Very ordinary reffing. Reds should never have let the ref have an influence on the game.

Embarrassment to see that a special needs team like the Farce can make the finals, but I guess it gives the West a break from kissing their cousins and banjo practice. It shows how piss poor the Rebs and Tards are that a team full of Kiwi pensioners, Argentinians and Super rugby rejects can make the finals... kiss your sister.

The sooner we go green and convert WA into one big solar farm the quicker we can watch these Western bogans picking our fruit while sipping our lattes.
Lattes? Were you trying to sound cool?
Farva

Post by Farva »

towny wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:17 am
The Optimist wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:45 am Great game. Very ordinary reffing. Reds should never have let the ref have an influence on the game.

I’m trying to figure out whether I’m sipping a latte while the bogans pick fruit, or whether the bogans sip the latte while they pick fruit.
towny

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:51 am
towny wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:17 am

I’m trying to figure out whether I’m sipping a latte while the bogans pick fruit, or whether the bogans sip the latte while they pick fruit.
:lol: :lol:

“Haha! Kevin, will you just look at those bogans doing our bidding, while we sit here in luxury sipping our Ice Coffee Breakers and yelling out the window at attractive young women to show us where their fingers sleep?”

“Yes, Davo. We indeed live a privileged life. May I trouble you for a Winnie Blue? I have unfortunately left my packet in my other pants.”

“Oh, do f*ck off Kevin.”
Farva

Post by Farva »

Kevins chauffeur does a burnout in his Bentley, while Kevin gives the two fingered salute.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Re-acquired mobile net connection somewhere on the road west of Tenterfield after dropping out Fri arvo. I manfully choked back my sobs and wails on learning of the Reds’ loss lest I distract Ms MungoSpouse, who was in charge of the vehicle.

Turns out Bindi was right re who’d win, dammit, but not re the margin, thank god.
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

MungoMan wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:28 am Re-acquired mobile net connection somewhere on the road west of Tenterfield after dropping out Fri arvo. I manfully choked back my sobs and wails on learning of the Reds’ loss lest I distract Ms MungoSpouse, who was in charge of the vehicle.

Turns out Bindi was right re who’d win, dammit, but not re the margin, thank god.
Dead rubber for the Reds, though, innit?
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:42 am
MungoMan wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:28 am Re-acquired mobile net connection somewhere on the road west of Tenterfield after dropping out Fri arvo. I manfully choked back my sobs and wails on learning of the Reds’ loss lest I distract Ms MungoSpouse, who was in charge of the vehicle.

Dead rubber for the Reds, though, innit?
It was, but I’d still have liked to have seen the Reds finish the non-final rounds unbeaten.

(Well, maybe not ‘seen’ since I couldn’t even watch it live on TV).
Sundy

Post by Sundy »

Farva wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:33 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm It was a red all day long, as noted by the commentators.

I don't need to get into the specifics of it. Mitigation by a guy putting out an arm to defend himself should not come into it.
It wasn’t a red. I know it wasn’t a red because the ref held up a yellow card.
Word is Kuridrani has been cited so looks like the ref may have got it wrong too.

Past the horizontal and landing on the head is a RC. The guidelines don’t allow for mitigation
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

towny wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:06 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:59 pm There's no doubt that the Force deserved the third finals spot.

Ask yourself this though.

Would Wayne Barnes have sent the guy off for the tip tackle?

100% yes.
Would have spoiled the contest.

Unless it’s deliberate, I think the yellow card is sufficient to change player behaviour long term. The red card is too much and ruins too many games

All IMHO
Agree that it wasn't a red card offence; however the RC is only worth 20 minutes and most teams that have copped one this year have ended up winning.
Ahem.
Tevita Kuridrani in danger of missing Brumbies final. Cited for his lifting tackle against the Reds on Friday.
:smug:
Farva

Post by Farva »

Can we remove the (predicted) from the thread title now?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I thought he was in trouble at the time.
Western Force centre Tevita Kuridrani has been suspended for the rest of Super Rugby AU and will miss Saturday’s preliminary final against the Brumbies.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

jdogscoop wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 am I thought he was in trouble at the time.
Western Force centre Tevita Kuridrani has been suspended for the rest of Super Rugby AU and will miss Saturday’s preliminary final against the Brumbies.
100% red card. Murphy bottled it because it was in the first 5 minutes of the match.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Thomas wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:23 am
jdogscoop wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 am I thought he was in trouble at the time.
100% red card. Murphy bottled it because it was in the first 5 minutes of the match.
The Reds will be feeling fortunate that they had so many points it didn't really matter. The Rebels not so much.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Wait, he got one match or two matches?

I hope for this articles sake they gave him two matches otherwise I will be writing a strongly worded letter to them.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Thomas wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:23 am
:nod:

I said at the time if it had have been Wayne Barnes he would have been taking the earliest of showers.

Barnes would have 100% given him his marching orders.
Last edited by jdogscoop on Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:26 am

I hope for this articles sake they gave him two matches otherwise I will be writing a strongly worded letter to them.
Three I think. He'll miss week 1 of TT
Farva

Post by Farva »

Zakar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:29 am

So Force to make the finals after rolling the Brumbies. Bold prediction Zakar.
I like it.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Farva wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 am
Zakar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:29 am

So Force to make the finals after rolling the Brumbies. Bold prediction Zakar.
I like it.
No, they got permission for club games to count :D
Redsfan

Re: Force v. Reds - Greatest Match of All Time (confirmed)

Post by Redsfan »

Hey comrades, just wanted to post to say that I completely ate shit with my predictions for the game!

Still think the Reds will win the comp though.
Thomas

Re: Force v. Reds - Greatest Match of All Time (confirmed)

Post by Thomas »

Redsfan wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 am Hey comrades, just wanted to post to say that I completely ate shit with my predictions for the game!

Still think the Reds will win the comp though.
I think the Brumbies will rumble them.

The Reds have a 100% success rate when I have attended their finals matches. You'll be please to know I have tickets to the match next weekend.