Perth fvcked

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Re: Perth fvcked

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:35 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm
Well fair enough. In retrospect, especially after having corona (for me, a headache that was cured with a couple of paracetamol), I'm very glad to have been here in Sweden.

You see, it's comments like this that are the reason people think you are an idiot.

It's not about you, or most of us who will likely get away with a mild case.

It's about who you could infect, and who they infect down the line.

You lack empathy mate
Oh please go and f-ck yourself you virtue-signalling, disingenuous, pretentious fat prick. "people think you're an idiot" "you lack empathy" :roll:

The point, to be totally clear, is that considering I was lucky enough to have had such a mild case, I am very glad, in retrospect to have personally been in Sweden with the advantages that came with that. It doesn't mean I wish coronavirus on old people and if they die it's because they're pussies. But I'm sure you knew that already.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Well, if it’s any help, I think you’re an idiot.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:35 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm
Well fair enough. In retrospect, especially after having corona (for me, a headache that was cured with a couple of paracetamol), I'm very glad to have been here in Sweden.

You see, it's comments like this that are the reason people think you are an idiot.

It's not about you, or most of us who will likely get away with a mild case.

It's about who you could infect, and who they infect down the line.

You lack empathy mate
Oh please go and f-ck yourself you virtue-signalling, disingenuous, pretentious fat prick. "people think you're an idiot" "you lack empathy" :roll:

The point, to be totally clear, is that considering I was lucky enough to have had such a mild case, I am very glad, in retrospect to have personally been in Sweden with the advantages that came with that. It doesn't mean I wish coronavirus on old people and if they die it's because they're pussies. But I'm sure you knew that already.
Bullseye!

:nod:
Mog The Almighty

Farva wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm Well the simple solution we will take is to remain locked down until we are all vaccinated. That should be end of the year.
Is it though?

I have a friend here who is a nurse. She knows of one case already that had coronavirus, got over it, had antibodies, got vaccinated, and then caught it again.

Although it's a trigger-point, the fact is that it is actually very similar to other common respiratory viruses such as the cold or flu (for the mats out there: no, not identical, yes, more deadly, blah blah). The point is that, as the experts have been predicting from the start, we're probably going to be dealing with this forever, just like the common cold. It's going to become just another one of the coronaviruses in circulation every cold and flu season. Those at risk will probably need to take yearly top-up jabs.

So lockdown until the entire country is vaccinated? Maybe it might work. I have to assume the people pulling the strings know more about it than me. But then again, they are politicians. I hope it works.
Farva wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:46 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm

"But people are dying" is somewhat of a Karen response, as callous as that might sound.

The fact of the matter is, as previously discussed, we draw these lines on literally everything else from speed limits, to the legality of cigarettes, alcohol and junk food. How many people die of the flu every year? A few thousand or so in Australia? 40 thousand in the US? Including a lot of children and babies. Whatever it is, it's apparently not enough to justify a lockdown.

So yeah ... "people are dying" doesn't really cut the mustard. There's still a line to be drawn somewhere, as we do with literally every other thing. My suggestion is that line is somewhat misplaced.

FWIW, 0.001% of the people in Sweden have died with* coronavirus (* not necessarily "from"). The average age of death is 82 years old with 4 co-morbidity factors. How many weeks does such a person have left anyway?

(yes, coronavirus is more dangerous than the flu, if that's your kneejerk response, you've missed the point).
Im not sure I agree with you.
People are dying in their 10s of thousands. Covid is up there with heart disease as the leading cause of death globally. 3m people have died in the last 12 months and that is widely viewed as a gross underestimate by experts. And it’s accelerating. And that’s with significant mitigation strategies in place like lockdowns. It’s the worst pandemic since 1919.
Locking the Australian border has potentially saved 50,000 people’s lives (assuming 0.2% death rate as seen through Europe, it might be higher).
Sure there might be comirbidities, but that’s lazy. Does HIV not kill anyone? My mother died when I was 12 from leukaemia. Well she didn’t. She died from an infection caused by a stomach ulcer. She just happened to have leukaemia at the time. Does that mean leukaemia is fine?
A colleague of mine in Manila died last week from Covid. He was late 30s. He had comorbidities. They were that he was overweight and had been breathing Manila air for 30 something years. That is barely unusual. He certainly had more than a few weeks left like you say. He should have lived for decades to come.
This study suggests that we have lost over 20m years of life due to Covid -https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-83040-3. Given that was published months ago it means we have probably seen on average people dying 10 years earlier, not a few weeks.
You may not think it but your words are talking down the threat of Covid. It’s deadly and it’s incredibly dangerous. We haven’t seen anything this bad in a hundred years. Keeping Covid out is a huge achievement and one that we should be willing to significantly sacrifice to maintain.
You make excellent points.

I think you're somewhat missing my point though. Assuming all you say is true, it does not then follow that either the response is proportional to the threat or that it's realistic in the long run.

You make a good case the coronavirus is dangerous and best avoided. Yes, and so are car accidents. But I'm not about banning people from driving or enforcing ludicrously slow speed limits because "even one death is too many". And nor is anyone else if they're being honest with themselves.
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mog The Almighty

shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:24 am Well, if it’s any help, I think you’re an idiot.
:( And I thought we were friends these days.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:24 am Well, if it’s any help, I think you’re an idiot.
I won’t make a decision until Farva posts his opinion.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:05 am
I won’t make a decision until Farva posts his opinion.
Good man.
It’s more clever thinking like that that we need.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 am
Farva wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm Well the simple solution we will take is to remain locked down until we are all vaccinated. That should be end of the year.
Is it though?

I have a friend here who is a nurse. She knows of one case already that had coronavirus, got over it, had antibodies, got vaccinated, and then caught it again.

Although it's a trigger-point, the fact is that it is actually very similar to other common respiratory viruses such as the cold or flu (for the mats out there: no, not identical, yes, more deadly, blah blah). The point is that, as the experts have been predicting from the start, we're probably going to be dealing with this forever, just like the common cold. It's going to become just another one of the coronaviruses in circulation every cold and flu season. Those at risk will probably need to take yearly top-up jabs.

So lockdown until the entire country is vaccinated? Maybe it might work. I have to assume the people pulling the strings know more about it than me. But then again, they are politicians. I hope it works.

"But people are dying" is somewhat of a Karen response, as callous as that might sound.

The fact of the matter is, as previously discussed, we draw these lines on literally everything else from speed limits, to the legality of cigarettes, alcohol and junk food. How many people die of the flu every year? A few thousand or so in Australia? 40 thousand in the US? Including a lot of children and babies. Whatever it is, it's apparently not enough to justify a lockdown.

So yeah ... "people are dying" doesn't really cut the mustard. There's still a line to be drawn somewhere, as we do with literally every other thing. My suggestion is that line is somewhat misplaced.

FWIW, 0.001% of the people in Sweden have died with* coronavirus (* not necessarily "from"). The average age of death is 82 years old with 4 co-morbidity factors. How many weeks does such a person have left anyway?

(yes, coronavirus is more dangerous than the flu, if that's your kneejerk response, you've missed the point).
People are dying in their 10s of thousands. Covid is up there with heart disease as the leading cause of death globally. 3m people have died in the last 12 months and that is widely viewed as a gross underestimate by experts. And it’s accelerating. And that’s with significant mitigation strategies in place like lockdowns. It’s the worst pandemic since 1919.
Locking the Australian border has potentially saved 50,000 people’s lives (assuming 0.2% death rate as seen through Europe, it might be higher).
Sure there might be comirbidities, but that’s lazy. Does HIV not kill anyone? My mother died when I was 12 from leukaemia. Well she didn’t. She died from an infection caused by a stomach ulcer. She just happened to have leukaemia at the time. Does that mean leukaemia is fine?
A colleague of mine in Manila died last week from Covid. He was late 30s. He had comorbidities. They were that he was overweight and had been breathing Manila air for 30 something years. That is barely unusual. He certainly had more than a few weeks left like you say. He should have lived for decades to come.
This study suggests that we have lost over 20m years of life due to Covid -https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-83040-3. Given that was published months ago it means we have probably seen on average people dying 10 years earlier, not a few weeks.
You may not think it but your words are talking down the threat of Covid. It’s deadly and it’s incredibly dangerous. We haven’t seen anything this bad in a hundred years. Keeping Covid out is a huge achievement and one that we should be willing to significantly sacrifice to maintain.

I think you're somewhat missing my point though. Assuming all you say is true, it does not then follow that either the response is proportional to the threat or that it's realistic in the long run.

You make a good case the coronavirus is dangerous and best avoided. Yes, and so are car accidents. But I'm not about banning people from driving or enforcing ludicrously slow speed limits because "even one death is too many". And nor is anyone else if they're being honest with themselves.
First point links to your second. We know that vaccines are not 100%. No vaccine is. It will reduce the risk of getting ill and reduce the likelihood you will spread the virus. Then we can make a decision on the risk profile.

The point I was trying to make is that a risk assessment on Covid is different to a risk assessment on car accidents. We have control measures in place that reduce the risk of car accidents. There are speed limits, crumple zones, seat belts, laws against drink driving, stop signs, etc. and from that maybe 1000 people die a year.
Covid will kill 50 times that. It’s a completely different assessment. If only a few thousand people were to die from Covid we might not be too worried. It’s a tragedy for that individual and their family but from a risk assessment very different. The flu kills a few thousand every year and we are OK with that. Covid is an order of magnitude worse. We have nothing like that. You can do calculations based on value of people’s lives (I think the US considers a life worth $10m for instance). From that you can make an objective assessment.
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

combo list duplicate remover

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wes ... 57m2t.html

Second COVID case linked to Mercure Hotel cluster detected in the community in WA

Marta Pascual Juanola
By Marta Pascual Juanola
Updated April 24, 2021 — 4.35pmfirst published at 3.46pm

FIND OUT MORE
Western Australia has recorded a second coronavirus case in the community linked to one of the exposure sites identified by the health authorities in relation to the Mercure Hotel cluster.

The man, aged in his 40s, dined at Kitchen Inn in Kardinya at the same time as a COVID-positive Victorian man and his friend were at the popular Malaysian restaurant on April 18.

The man was tested for COVID on Friday and returned a positive result on Saturday.
The man was tested for COVID on Friday and returned a positive result on Saturday.CREDIT:GETTY

Authorities said the man got tested for the virus at one of the state’s COVID clinics on Friday after realising they had been at one of the locations released by the Department of Health.

In light of the latest positive case, the state government has tightened quarantine rules for anyone who dined at any of the five restaurants attended by the confirmed cases.

Advertisement

From now on, people who visited City China Garden, Good Fortune Road Duck House and Fortune Five Chinese Restaurant in Northbridge, Kitchen Inn in Kardinya, or Anything La Comer in East Victoria Park will need to quarantine for 14 days regardless of their test results.

Those who have attended the remaining sites, which include a petrol station, a chemist, a bakery, a dining hall, and an aquatic centre, will be required to isolate until they return a negative test.

“Even if you have not visited one of the locations, if you have symptoms, get tested and self-isolate until you get your result,” the Department of Health said in a statement.

“Do not be complacent. It is imperative you always follow the public health instructions.”

Advertisement

WA Premier Mark McGowan announced the Perth and Peel region would go into lockdown on Friday afternoon after a COVID-19 cluster was identified at the Mercure Hotel Perth on Wednesday.

The virus had spread among quarantining guests in separate rooms, infecting a mother, her four-year-old daughter, and the Victorian man. Authorities believe the patient zero was a man who had recently returned to Perth after attending a wedding in India with his partner.

The country is in the midst of a massive wave of coronavirus cases that has been clogging local hospitals and overwhelming local authorities. This week, it set a new world record for daily infections after recording 314,000 new cases in a day.

The government rolled out the restrictions amid fears the Victorian man, who spent five days in Perth as a ‘tourist’ after completing quarantine, could have spread the virus in the community.

RELATED ARTICLE
Visitors line up to catch the ferry home at Thompson Bay after being told by authorities to leave Rottnest Island.
Coronavirus pandemic
‘Bitterly disappointed’: Virus cuts holidays short for Rottnest guests after island evacuation
Advertisement

It was later revealed a female friend the man had been staying with in the suburb of Kardinya had also tested positive for the virus on Friday. The woman had worked as a receptionist at DB Dental on Canning Highway in Applecross between 8am and 6pm on Thursday.

The Victorian man has since returned to Melbourne, where hundreds of close contacts have gone into 14-day quarantine. As of Saturday, 49 had returned negative tests.

There are currently 29 confirmed coronavirus cases in WA, most of which are contained in the state’s hotel quarantine system.

On Friday alone, almost 2600 people were tested in WA’s COVID clinics, in addition to 1489 swabbed at private pathology centres. To date, health workers have carried out almost one million tests, 137,622 of those in regional areas, which have detected 62 cases of variant strains of the virus.

About 87,600 people have been vaccinated against COVID-19, and a quarter of those have received both doses. Clinics vaccinated more than 2500 people across the state on Friday alone.

The state’s total number of confirmed cases stands at 985
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

Time for a thousand year lockdown
shanky

Post by shanky »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:39 am
Dude. You need to lighten up.

Bantz is all it is. :thumbup:
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Mog on another covid thread eh

:yawn:
towny

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 am
Is it though?

First point links to your second. We know that vaccines are not 100%. No vaccine is. It will reduce the risk of getting ill and reduce the likelihood you will spread the virus. Then we can make a decision on the risk profile.

The point I was trying to make is that a risk assessment on Covid is different to a risk assessment on car accidents. We have control measures in place that reduce the risk of car accidents. There are speed limits, crumple zones, seat belts, laws against drink driving, stop signs, etc. and from that maybe 1000 people die a year.
Covid will kill 50 times that. It’s a completely different assessment. If only a few thousand people were to die from Covid we might not be too worried. It’s a tragedy for that individual and their family but from a risk assessment very different. The flu kills a few thousand every year and we are OK with that. Covid is an order of magnitude worse. We have nothing like that. You can do calculations based on value of people’s lives (I think the US considers a life worth $10m for instance). From that you can make an objective assessment.
A few million die each year from the flu and nothing is done.
I think you need more than this. I think Australia has chosen the right path but this is based on gut feeling. If you want to justify action on a cost/benefit analysis I think you’re going to come up against some uncomfortable questions.

For example:
- why are cars allowed to travel over 50km on freeways?
- why are people allowed to ski on snow without a helmet?

I don’t suggest we adopt either of these hypotheticals but that’s based on gut feeling.

Also, in countries that don’t have lockdown there are control measures in place for Covid. Every business in Sweden has a sign on the door that states the limit (based on 1 for every 10m squared). Restaurants aren’t allowed to serve booze after 8pm and must be shut at 8.30pm. There are lots of control measures in place. People wear masks in areas where people are. Kids must be dropped off outside at school and nursery. In many ways it’s comparable to the road safety initiatives. I don’t agree with Mog but he’s making fair points that aren’t being addressed.

With every decision there are tradeoffs. Those blowing up at Mog should think about the tradeoffs they make every day. When we drive a car we increase the risk that someone else will die on the roads. We could make our homes safer for our families but we stop short of doing everything we can because it’s not convenient and/or aesthetically pleasing. We watch sport even though we saw a cricket ball kill a bloke and are well aware that people have died due to rugby tackles.

We accept trade offs, that involve fatal risks, because of entertainment or convenience, so I think it’s a bit rich to condemn people purely on their slightly different perspective of whether a particular trade-off is acceptable.
towny

Post by towny »

I’m off to the gym. Suck it Perth losers!!
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:39 pm
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 am
Is it though?

A few million die each year from the flu and nothing is done.
I think you need more than this. I think Australia has chosen the right path but this is based on gut feeling. If you want to justify action on a cost/benefit analysis I think you’re going to come up against some uncomfortable questions.

For example:
- why are cars allowed to travel over 50km on freeways?
- why are people allowed to ski on snow without a helmet?

I don’t suggest we adopt either of these hypotheticals but that’s based on gut feeling.

Also, in countries that don’t have lockdown there are control measures in place for Covid. Every business in Sweden has a sign on the door that states the limit (based on 1 for every 10m squared). Restaurants aren’t allowed to serve booze after 8pm and must be shut at 8.30pm. There are lots of control measures in place. People wear masks in areas where people are. Kids must be dropped off outside at school and nursery. In many ways it’s comparable to the road safety initiatives. I don’t agree with Mog but he’s making fair points that aren’t being addressed.

With every decision there are tradeoffs. Those blowing up at Mog should think about the tradeoffs they make every day. When we drive a car we increase the risk that someone else will die on the roads. We could make our homes safer for our families but we stop short of doing everything we can because it’s not convenient and/or aesthetically pleasing. We watch sport even though we saw a cricket ball kill a bloke and are well aware that people have died due to rugby tackles.

We accept trade offs, that involve fatal risks, because of entertainment or convenience, so I think it’s a bit rich to condemn people purely on their slightly different perspective of whether a particular trade-off is acceptable.
Well said.

To be clear, I'm not against any and all measurements to battle coronavirus. That would be insane. Although I feel I (and others that dare question the wisdom of lockdowns and eradication strategies) are sometimes unfairly painted that way.

I think Sweden has been too lax. Its borderline taking the piss at times. But Australia is getting too excited in the opposite direction. Its not the f-cking bubonic plague.
towny

Post by towny »

See, I think Australia is doing the right thing for them. If Sweden had the same opportunity I hope it would.
Eliminating it and then having quick, short lock-downs seems like a winner for island nations. But that strategy means you have to be zealous or it’s not worth doing at all.

And it’s not the Black Death but it might end up worse than we currently understand. I’ve seen a report that proposed the Spanish flu increased the chances of dementia by a disturbingly big percentage. We may not yet understand what we are dealing with.
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:21 pm See, I think Australia is doing the right thing for them. If Sweden had the same opportunity I hope it would.
Eliminating it and then having quick, short lock-downs seems like a winner for island nations. But that strategy means you have to be zealous or it’s not worth doing at all.

And it’s not the Black Death but it might end up worse than we currently understand. I’ve seen a report that proposed the Spanish flu increased the chances of dementia by a disturbingly big percentage. We may not yet understand what we are dealing with.
Maybe. But equally possible is that we've overestimated the threat. Scary stuff is always pervasive because it's more interesting.

I suspect Australia has not only overreacted but also has some hypocritical and worrying policies. Mandated medication by the State according to age group is kind of f-cked up shit to be honest. Yeah I get it, extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary measures. But still ... how extraordinary is an eminently survivable virus, symptoms of which for most people vary between non existent to a fever, the average age of death is 82 and is less dangerous to children than a flu?

Don't get me wrong, I know its serious, and Im glad my 74yo mother, who insists on continuing to work in the hospital despite having an auto immune disorder is in Australia and not In Sweden. But its still just not ebola.

"A dress rehearsal for the real thing" was the way one preminent virologist described it. Because pandemics can potentially get a shit load worse than this.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

If it's any help I think you're a useful idiot
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:09 pm
No one cares what you think.
towny

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:41 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:21 pm See, I think Australia is doing the right thing for them. If Sweden had the same opportunity I hope it would.

Maybe. But equally possible is that we've overestimated the threat. Scary stuff is always pervasive because it's more interesting.

I suspect Australia has not only overreacted but also has some hypocritical and worrying policies. Mandated medication by the State according to age group is kind of f-cked up shit to be honest. Yeah I get it, extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary measures. But still ... how extraordinary is an eminently survivable virus, symptoms of which for most people vary between non existent to a fever, the average age of death is 82 and is less dangerous to children than a flu?

Don't get me wrong, I know its serious, and Im glad my 74yo mother, who insists on continuing to work in the hospital despite having an auto immune disorder is in Australia and not In Sweden. But its still just not ebola.

"A dress rehearsal for the real thing" was the way one preminent virologist described it. Because pandemics can potentially get a shit load worse than this.
You’re right. It’s not Ebola.
It’s way more contagious for a start! Mandated medication isn’t new - it’s how the world eradicated polio.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Are people wearing masks in Sweden?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 pm
I think you're an idiot
Mog The Almighty

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:39 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 pm
I think you're an idiot
Okay well that's three useless nerds I couldn't give a shit about. Anyone more?
Mog The Almighty

fonzeee wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm Are people wearing masks in Sweden?
I was until I got it. I would say 30% wear masks. But of the other 70% that do not, you have no way of knowing how many are not because they've had it or because they're dumb. Probably about 50/50 I guess.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

That’s not good news. People this century are many times more stupid than they were last century & if Covid is going to make it even worse...... :uhoh:
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm

It’s way more contagious for a start! Mandated medication isn’t new - it’s how the world eradicated polio.
I'm not an anti vaxxer obviously (I hope). I'd take any vaccine on offer, even after having had it. But also, it is not as if its polio. Theres a disproportionate amount of money and politics involved.

Its a relatively benign disease considering were talking about forcing rushed medication on an entire population, increased risk of side effects and even death (very rare, I get it, but still) mandated for those over a certain age, in a country where at the same time they're having a circle jerk about how they've eradicated it. To be clear, for most people were talking about something like a cold.

And anyone saying the vaccines weren't rushed is full of horseshit. Of course they were, all of them. Blow a fuse knuckledraggers.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

I think once you have a position where you can eliminate the virus it is ridiculous not to maintain that fir the sake of a 3 day lockdown every now and then. When was Perth last in lockdown?

Also there have been examples all over the world at various times to show what happens if the virus gets hold and out of control, bodies having to previously be stored in chiller trucks in the states, currently crematorium etc overwhelmed in India.

Having fewer places where it can run rampant and mutate into possibly a more dangerous strain is also going to help long term in the battle to keep this under control.

In terms of the flu, in NZ the death figure for the flu is about 500 a year, there has been talk that the covid response has taught health experts how they can better control that I.e. pour resources into contact tracing etc around instances of the flu to stop its spread, keep encouraging people to stay home when sick
Mog The Almighty

Monkey Magic wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm I think once you have a position where you can eliminate the virus it is ridiculous not to maintain that fir the sake of a 3 day lockdown every now and then. When was Perth last in lockdown?
Is that all it is? A three day lockdown every now and then? If so, fine I guess. I heard that even Australian citizens who have had the virus and have antibodies are forcibly quarantined ar their own expense for two weeks if they enter the country.
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:18 pm

I'm not an anti vaxxer obviously (I hope). I'd take any vaccine on offer, even after having had it. But also, it is not as if its polio. Theres a disproportionate amount of money and politics involved.

Its a relatively benign disease considering were talking about forcing rushed medication on an entire population, increased risk of side effects and even death (very rare, I get it, but still) mandated for those over a certain age, in a country where at the same time they're having a circle jerk about how they've eradicated it. To be clear, for most people were talking about something like a cold.

And anyone saying the vaccines weren't rushed is full of horseshit. Of course they were, all of them. Blow a fuse knuckledraggers.
I’m not an anti-vaxer, but they have rushed this vaccine to market and I’m against it.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:40 pm
Monkey Magic wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm I think once you have a position where you can eliminate the virus it is ridiculous not to maintain that fir the sake of a 3 day lockdown every now and then. When was Perth last in lockdown?
Is that all it is? A three day lockdown every now and then? If so, fine I guess. I heard that even Australian citizens who have had the virus and have antibodies are forcibly quarantined ar their own expense for two weeks if they enter the country.
So what? Having anti bodies means nothing. You can still get Covid, pass on Covid and even die from Covid.

It’s not the flu, Ika.
Mog The Almighty

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:40 pm

I’m not an anti-vaxer, but they have rushed this vaccine to market and I’m against it.
There's a lot of money to be made there. Anyone who doesn't think that was a hugely significant factor is out of their mind. Its also the same reason the ScotMo government in Australia who have a record of f-cking up everything but are now apparently progressive heroes, are mandating vaccines, risk according to age-group: they already paid for them. Duh.

$$$
Mog The Almighty

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:42 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:40 pm
So what? Having anti bodies means nothing. You can still get Covid, pass on Covid and even die from Covid.

It’s not the flu, Ika.
Seems a bit draconian is all. And no, its not the flu. But its certainly a massive shitload closer to the flu than what some people seem intent on pretending.

For most of the people I know, covid was milder than common flu. Not everyone, but most. Before anyone blows a fuse, yes corona is more dangerous than the flu, specifically for at risk groups (it's actually less dangerous for children, whatever that is worth).

Both things can be true at the same time.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

“Money to be made.....”
“Draconian measures in UK”
“In Sweden we just get on with it”
“Money to be made”

Indeed
Mog The Almighty

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:53 pm “Money to be made.....”
“Draconian measures in UK”
“In Sweden we just get on with it”
“Money to be made”

Indeed
Which vaccine will/did ScoMo get?

I'll bet my left ball it is the Pfizer one.

Special rules right?
towny

Post by towny »

You sound like an anti-vaxxer.
If it’s only a cold why did you mention that you were relieved your mother was in Australia where they don’t have Covid?

And it’s not a cold. You know it’s not like that. It’s killing lots of people despite all of the precautions the world is taking. I’ve fold you that my wife went to hospital twice. 3000 people a day are dying in Brazil. India is getting smashed. It’s more contagious and more deadly than the Spanish Flu.
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 pm

You sound like an anti-vaxxer.
If it’s only a cold why did you mention that you were relieved your mother was in Australia where they don’t have Covid?

And it’s not a cold. You know it’s not like that. It’s killing lots of people despite all of the precautions the world is taking. I’ve fold you that my wife went to hospital twice. 3000 people a day are dying in Brazil. India is getting smashed. It’s more contagious and more deadly than the Spanish Flu.
I believe I stressed several times that its more dangerous than a cold.

The Spanish Flu was more deadly and also more dangerous to younger people. The comparison is flat out wrong.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:51 am
Clogs wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:42 am I can recall that one time Farva told me he thinks A C is a cvnt.
Your memory must be going.

It was more than one time
:lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

So Perth is in the midst of a 3 day lockdown. I presume that our resident anti-lockdown troll Clogs has already demanded that Mark McGowan be publicly buggered and then forced to call a snap election?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:31 pm So Perth is in the midst of a 3 day lockdown. I presume that our resident anti-lockdown troll Clogs has already demanded that Mark McGowan be publicly buggered and then forced to call a snap election?
Truly dumb post. I am 100% supportive of the go hard go early strategy. I was even scathing of Gladys for failing to do so in NSW. You need some new material.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:36 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:31 pm So Perth is in the midst of a 3 day lockdown. I presume that our resident anti-lockdown troll Clogs has already demanded that Mark McGowan be publicly buggered and then forced to call a snap election?
Truly dumb post. I am 100% supportive of the go hard go early strategy. I was even scathing of Gladys for failing to do so in NSW. You need some new material.
So you've completely changed your tune from last year, where you spent your entire time on this forum attacking Dan Andrews for implementing a lockdown? We all remember this Clogs, it was only months ago. We all remember you tearfully demanding that elderly Victorians be sacrificed to the virus so businesses could make much more profit.