Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

All things Rugby
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:14 pm Thanks for the update lads

Obvs I’m watching La Traviata at the big house but I wish I was with you salt of the earth chaps, watching the rugger
I’m confused. They show opera in jail?
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18236
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Farva »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:07 pm
Olo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:56 pm Uelese the best scrumming hooker around
Uelese > BPA >> Mafi, Kaitu’u > Porecki, Fainga’a > Lonergan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horton
Nah. BPA and Mafi are behind Kaitu’u.
Not on yesterday’s effort. Or any game they’ve played in the previous two years.
Hmm didn’t watch yesterday’s game did you?
Kaitu’u was dominant. Robertson struggled with Tupou and Medrana struggled with whoever the reds 1 was. Kaitu’u threw straight (BPA didnt), scrummager as well as BPA and owned BPA in loose play.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22840
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by shanky »

Ha ha. You ruined my joke cvnt

I was going to say La Traviata is my name for the MiL

:x
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 5755
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Ellafan »

Poor young Izzie Parese, struggling to remember the prefabbed lines about working on his mental health to parrot in the post match interview. I hope they keep him on the right road.

Image
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:16 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:07 pm
Olo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:56 pm Uelese the best scrumming hooker around
Uelese > BPA >> Mafi, Kaitu’u > Porecki, Fainga’a > Lonergan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horton
Nah. BPA and Mafi are behind Kaitu’u.
Not on yesterday’s effort. Or any game they’ve played in the previous two years.
Hmm didn’t watch yesterday’s game did you?
Kaitu’u was dominant. Robertson struggled with Tupou and Medrana struggled with whoever the reds 1 was. Kaitu’u threw straight (BPA didnt), scrummager as well as BPA and owned BPA in loose play.
In the scrum BPA is stronger. I don’t think they’d be anyone that disagree with that after yesterday’s game.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Poor young Izzie Parese, struggling to remember the prefabbed lines about working on his mental health to parrot in the post match interview. I hope they keep him on the right road.

Image
Once again, I think you’d have a stroke if you were made aware of how many of your rugby heroes have tried coke. You keep bringing it up, but it all it does is further prove how old and out of touch you are.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18236
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Farva »

Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:16 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:13 pm
Farva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:07 pm
Olo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:56 pm Uelese the best scrumming hooker around
Uelese > BPA >> Mafi, Kaitu’u > Porecki, Fainga’a > Lonergan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horton
Nah. BPA and Mafi are behind Kaitu’u.
Not on yesterday’s effort. Or any game they’ve played in the previous two years.
Hmm didn’t watch yesterday’s game did you?
Kaitu’u was dominant. Robertson struggled with Tupou and Medrana struggled with whoever the reds 1 was. Kaitu’u threw straight (BPA didnt), scrummager as well as BPA and owned BPA in loose play.
I should rephrase. The reds were destroyed at the line out. Part of that was picking no locks. But BPA and Mafi need to take some responsibility. Kaitu’u beat both in open play. Happy to hand the scrum to the reds.
The line out and the scrum are team efforts for which the hooker play a part, albeit important.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18236
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Farva »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:21 pm
Ellafan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Poor young Izzie Parese, struggling to remember the prefabbed lines about working on his mental health to parrot in the post match interview. I hope they keep him on the right road.

Image
Once again, I think you’d have a stroke if you were made aware of how many of your rugby heroes have tried coke. You keep bringing it up, but it all it does is further prove how old and out of touch you are.
All of them? Well except the hod bothering ones.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 5755
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Ellafan »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:21 pm
Ellafan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Poor young Izzie Parese, struggling to remember the prefabbed lines about working on his mental health to parrot in the post match interview. I hope they keep him on the right road.
Once again, I think you’d have a stroke if you were made aware of how many of your rugby heroes have tried coke. You keep bringing it up, but it all it does is further prove how old and out of touch you are.
And you keep showing your ignorance of the facts that-

1) The NRL/Broncos sacked him because he was charged with drug offences in Qld. Not even the Qld police could cover it up.

2). He played three games in France, and ended up in hospital after an overdose last November. It was in le figaro and the south-west major dailies in France, but didn't really make the news here. They dried him out, cancelled his visa and put him on the next plane to Australia.

This is not like someone indulging in some recreational nose candy. I'd guesstimate about 66% of the population of Sydney less than 50 have done that without going into sales.

They need to employ a minder to sit on him and make sure he doesn't slip.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22840
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by shanky »

Just watching the replay now

How good is Foketi. Not elite sure, but probably the best player in that team after Gordon.

Wrong school though. But awesome nonetheless
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 14780
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by jdogscoop »

Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's sending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
Monk Zombie
Posts: 4774
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Monk Zombie »

jdogscoop wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's syygending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
Exactly- the entire premise was wrong and why did none of the other officials not point that out?
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:44 pm
towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:21 pm
Ellafan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Poor young Izzie Parese, struggling to remember the prefabbed lines about working on his mental health to parrot in the post match interview. I hope they keep him on the right road.
Once again, I think you’d have a stroke if you were made aware of how many of your rugby heroes have tried coke. You keep bringing it up, but it all it does is further prove how old and out of touch you are.
And you keep showing your ignorance of the facts that-

1) The NRL/Broncos sacked him because he was charged with drug offences in Qld. Not even the Qld police could cover it up.

2). He played three games in France, and ended up in hospital after an overdose last November. It was in le figaro and the south-west major dailies in France, but didn't really make the news here. They dried him out, cancelled his visa and put him on the next plane to Australia.

This is not like someone indulging in some recreational nose candy. I'd guesstimate about 66% of the population of Sydney less than 50 have done that without going into sales.

They need to employ a minder to sit on him and make sure he doesn't slip.
#redemption

The Avengers are as big as Star Wars - all kicked off by Iron Man, who’s played by Robert Downey Jr, who also went through a rough patch.

See the pattern?
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:44 pm Just watching the replay now

How good is Foketi. Not elite sure, but probably the best player in that team after Gordon.

Wrong school though. But awesome nonetheless
He’s not even the best player in the midfield.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

jdogscoop wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's sending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
So you admit it was not farsical and as the Rebels got up and the ref clearly did the right thing as per the World Rugby directives and so you are complaining about what exactly?
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Zakar »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:06 pm
Olo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:59 pm Richard Hardwick is an excellent open side. He would be very much at home in test footy. Hes bigger and stronger than most and is hard on the ball.
He played test rugby. He’s solid af.
But I predict he will be another of the good Australian opensides that struggles to crack 10 tests.

Western Australian too - 40% of Oz teams have a WA openside.
60%

Hardwick, Tizzano and Koteka.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18236
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Farva »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:44 pm Just watching the replay now

How good is Foketi. Not elite sure, but probably the best player in that team after Gordon.

Wrong school though. But awesome nonetheless
He’s not even the best player in the midfield.
How good was Perese’s in the lead up to the Marky Mark try?
Last edited by Farva on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dumbledore
Posts: 11504
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA plum

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Dumbledore »

Wowee, might be time to track down my old Perese posts from like eight years ago. Jet.

TMOs and instant replays are one of the worst things that have happened to sports, please just fudge them off forever.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Olo »

jdogscoop wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's sending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
He then threw a couple of handbags that did not connect. We might not be seeing Isi for a little while.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Olo »

Monk Zombie wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:31 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's syygending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
Exactly- the entire premise was wrong and why did none of the other officials not point that out?
It was a lazy tackle by Isi, first contact(shoulder-upper arm) to the head and with considerable force. Red all day long at the moment.
User avatar
Dumbledore
Posts: 11504
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA plum

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Dumbledore »

Olo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:59 pm Richard Hardwick is an excellent open side. He would be very much at home in test footy. Hes bigger and stronger than most and is hard on the ball.
He's incredibly limited. Should be way down the pecking order. Does good work at the breakdown against tired teams though, much better value off the bench.
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 20566
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by kiap »

Farva wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 am How good was Peter’s in the lead up to the Marky Mark try?
Sought out the contact, bumped off making meters, then great pass.
Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:56 am Wowee, might be time to track down my old Perese posts from like eight years ago. Jet.
:thumbup: He had a bit about him back in the day. Added a bit of physicality (maybe loig?). Hopefully he keeps it all together.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Olo »

Hardwick is a bloke you could really use in a battle at the coal face. I wouldn’t say hes limited but he does seem to have a fairly high error rate. Great team man. Hes strong, like Poey, and reminds me of him in his very early career.
A bloke that is way underrated is Wells. He gets through a mountain of work on both sides of the ledger and in the lineout.
User avatar
Dumbledore
Posts: 11504
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA plum

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Dumbledore »

Tell you who's actually underrated, Brad Wilkin. Proper footy player, much better than Hardwick.
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 14780
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by jdogscoop »

towny wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:10 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm Good stuff Rebels, I thought they played a pretty controlled game of code.

Isi's sending off was bullshit I thought. Fvck me, a guy ducks into a tackle and you get a red? Lucky its only 20 in this comp because that is fvcking farcical.
So you admit it was not farsical and as the Rebels got up and the ref clearly did the right thing as per the World Rugby directives and so you are complaining about what exactly?
I didn't think it was a red because the guy ducked into it.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22840
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by shanky »

Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:23 am Tell you who's actually underrated, Brad Wilkin. Proper footy player, much better than Hardwick.
Welcome back

Are you aware you’ve created a phenomenon?

Dumbledoring.

Yeah, poor old Towny’s got it bad. It must be exhausting for him trying to keep up with all the players he’s Dumbledored. Australia currently has at least 4 centres and 3 fullbacks who are the best since Dally Messenger. :lol:
Trying to fit them in the team is the issue now.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 18236
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Farva »

kiap wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:09 am
Farva wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 am How good was Peter’s in the lead up to the Marky Mark try?
Sought out the contact, bumped off making meters, then great pass.
Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:56 am Wowee, might be time to track down my old Perese posts from like eight years ago. Jet.
:thumbup: He had a bit about him back in the day. Added a bit of physicality (maybe loig?). Hopefully he keeps it all together.
Damn autocorrect.
I might call Perese Peter from now
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by wamberal »

Isi looked pretty fired up from the whistle. We will miss him, for sure. When he plays well, he is the best #8 in our ranks.
User avatar
Dumbledore
Posts: 11504
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA plum

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Dumbledore »

shanky wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:56 am
Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:23 am Tell you who's actually underrated, Brad Wilkin. Proper footy player, much better than Hardwick.
Welcome back

Are you aware you’ve created a phenomenon?

Dumbledoring.

Yeah, poor old Towny’s got it bad. It must be exhausting for him trying to keep up with all the players he’s Dumbledored. Australia currently has at least 4 centres and 3 fullbacks who are the best since Dally Messenger. :lol:
Trying to fit them in the team is the issue now.
User avatar
TranceNRG
Posts: 10156
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sunny London
Contact:

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by TranceNRG »

Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:23 am Tell you who's actually underrated, Brad Wilkin. Proper footy player, much better than Hardwick.
This. I rate Brad Wilkin very highly. Rebels have a lot of good back rowers and the loss of Naisarani isn't won't affect them much.

Rob Leota
Brad Wilkin
Michael Wells
Josh Kemeny
Richard Hardwick

Ross Haylett-Petty is not a bad option at 6 either.
User avatar
TranceNRG
Posts: 10156
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sunny London
Contact:

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by TranceNRG »

wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:48 am Isi looked pretty fired up from the whistle. We will miss him, for sure. When he plays well, he is the best #8 in our ranks.
Actrualy no, Naisarani has been pretty inconsistent lately.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 5755
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by Ellafan »

Dumbledore wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:56 am Wowee, might be time to track down my old Perese posts from like eight years ago. Jet.

TMOs and instant replays are one of the worst things that have happened to sports, please just fudge them off forever.
:smug: ;) :thumbup:
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by wamberal »

TranceNRG wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 am
wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:48 am Isi looked pretty fired up from the whistle. We will miss him, for sure. When he plays well, he is the best #8 in our ranks.
Actrualy no, Naisarani has been pretty inconsistent lately.
How often has he played this season? I repeat: when he plays well, he is our best #8. When he doesn't play well, he isn't.

Is that a bit clearer?
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 14780
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by jdogscoop »

I like Hardwick. A classic 7 and a bit of a unit to boot.
User avatar
TranceNRG
Posts: 10156
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sunny London
Contact:

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by TranceNRG »

wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 pm
TranceNRG wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 am
wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:48 am Isi looked pretty fired up from the whistle. We will miss him, for sure. When he plays well, he is the best #8 in our ranks.
Actrualy no, Naisarani has been pretty inconsistent lately.
How often has he played this season? I repeat: when he plays well, he is our best #8. When he doesn't play well, he isn't.

Is that a bit clearer?
He played plenty of games last year and wasn't great to be honest. He was probably out of form but I agree he's a good player just hasn't been in great form over a year now.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Dead Rubber Thread - tahs v mexicans 24 April

Post by towny »

wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 pm
TranceNRG wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 am
wamberal wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:48 am Isi looked pretty fired up from the whistle. We will miss him, for sure. When he plays well, he is the best #8 in our ranks.
Actrualy no, Naisarani has been pretty inconsistent lately.
How often has he played this season? I repeat: when he plays well, he is our best #8. When he doesn't play well, he isn't.

Is that a bit clearer?
Naisirani has been on the field for about 60 minutes this season. For those 60 minutes he was very good.

As you said, when he isn't on the field he doesn't play particularly well.
Post Reply