Armaggedon - The Movie - Review

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Armaggedon - The Movie - Review

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Just watched it for the first time in 20 years. Half-watched to be fair as I had to stare at the floor a good portion of it to prevent the image of the American flag being burned into my retinas.

If that is not the biggest jingoistic wank-fest ever made I have no idea what is. You need an IQ of sub 50 to enjoy this pile of shit parody of Tray Stone and Matt Parker's "Team America".

The only good thing about this movie is that it occasionally has Liv Tyler.
JB1981

Re: Armaggedon - The Movie - Review

Post by JB1981 »

Having watched it 20 years ago, why did you put yourself through it again?
lemonhead

Post by lemonhead »

Yeah one more thing, um... none of them wanna pay taxes again. Ever.
Bet that gets a loud cheer at the bar everytime.
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Worst line of all time: My God, he's got... space dementia
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

You think that's bad - I started watching Terminator 3 last night and after I burst out laughing for the third time, I decided bed was a more attractive proposition.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Armaggedon is my least favourite movie of all time. It is absolutely horrific.

I watched it at the cinema when I was 15. We wanted to see a different move (possibly Money Train?) but it was rated R16.

I believe making me watch Armaggedon at that age constituted psychological abuse.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:04 pm Just watched it for the first time in 20 years. Half-watched to be fair as I had to stare at the floor a good portion of it to prevent the image of the American flag being burned into my retinas.

If that is not the biggest jingoistic wank-fest ever made I have no idea what is. You need an IQ of sub 50 to enjoy this pile of shit parody of Tray Stone and Matt Parker's "Team America".

It's no Independence Day tbf.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

dam0 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:41 am Armaggedon is my least favourite movie of all time. It is absolutely horrific.

I watched it at the cinema when I was 15. We wanted to see a different move (possibly Money Train?) but it was rated R16.

I believe making me watch Armaggedon at that age constituted psychological abuse.
Damn, I haven't seen this movie in years but can't ever remember it being this bad.

In my memory it was just big dumb (very dumb) fun.

There's probably at least three big budget movies in the last few years that I think are more horrific (Jurassic World 2, Chaos Walking and Zac Snyders Justice League).

Maybe a young Liv Tyler and a still decent Bruce Willis have clouded my brain.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:04 pm Just watched it for the first time in 20 years. Half-watched to be fair as I had to stare at the floor a good portion of it to prevent the image of the American flag being burned into my retinas.

Armageddon is a one of the greatest movies ever made in 1998 - but it’s no Top Gun.

BTW team America was ‘04 so I think it’s the shit parody (which I actually do think)
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JB1981 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:26 pm Having watched it 20 years ago, why did you put yourself through it again?
mog
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:32 am You think that's bad - I started watching Terminator 3 last night and after I burst out laughing for the third time, I decided bed was a more attractive proposition.
Terminator .. 3? I only know of 2 movies in the Terminator series
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

YO FU"CKING PHA*G*OT
mikeyboy123

Post by mikeyboy123 »

I’m ashamed to say I paid good money to see it at the cinema with my gf at the time. We both thought it was shite. There was a woman a few rows in front of us who was weeping at the end.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

I actually thought Bruce Willis died in it.. and then came back as a ghost in Sixth Sense.
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

Why didn't they train astronauts to drill is one of the true all timers.

Armageddon isn't close to my worst movie, theres plenty to like in it. I think White Chicks continues to hold the crown for me. That was legitimately excruciating.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mikeyboy123 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:35 pm I’m ashamed to say I paid good money to see it at the cinema with my gf at the time. We both thought it was shite. There was a woman a few rows in front of us who was weeping at the end.
mog
lemonhead

Post by lemonhead »

Got stuck with gfs family and their kids watching Gone Fishin'.

Now there's a film to weigh up the merits of suicide.