WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

All things Rugby
RandomNavigat0r

WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

This is seriously one of the greatest games of cricket to ever be played. I'm a little pissed that AUS blew it with Tim Paine with the laws but AUS deserve to miss out because they fuc;ked their over rate trying to be too smart against the indians and thoroughly deserve to miss out, especially when you compare NZL performance against India where they fuc:king demolished them in the most insane circumstances known to man.

This is a final for the ages and the kiwis should be proud, they had the world cup in ODI's stolen from them but have a chance to immortalize themselves for all eternity in what will be the most important match in Test cricket history, a game for the ages, and I for one have thrown a shit load of cash on the result, I am backing the kiwis to make history here and win the first ever World Test Championship and immortalize themselves forever. If they do this they can throw away the ODI world cup and be proud that they won something that not even 5 ODI world cups could buy, forever we have talked about the importance of test cricket and this game will go down in history as a glorious finale of years of test match cricket with one team grinding out results that will go down in history.

I cannot recall a team dismantling India in the same type of circumstance ever at home. Their demolition job is so unique is paints them in situation that may never be repeated, below I have added the results of their win over india which stand alone as one of the greatest ever defeats of all time:

Test 1 : Wellington

IND 165 & 191
NZ 348 & 9/0
New Zealand won by 10 wkts

Test 2: Christchurch

IND 242 & 124
NZ 235 & 132/3
New Zealand won by 7 wkts

Most team would dream of dismantling India in those cirmcamstances, NZL did it with ease to set themselves up for the greatest Test Match of all time. Lets see if they have it in the tank to follow through and win the greatest test match ever, this just proves how deplorable the ashes series truely are, neither team could manage to have the fortitude to make it, an embarrassment to that series...

jdogscoop

Re: WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

Post by jdogscoop »

I reckon India will bat the house down and we will lose a final yet again.
CrazyIslander

Re: WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

Post by CrazyIslander »

Let me see,
NZ Cricket,
Indians,.
Played in England,
Big betting game.
Come on down..........
RandomNavigat0r

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:03 pm I reckon India will bat the house down and we will lose a final yet again.
draw or lose?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:11 pm Let me see,
NZ Cricket,
Indians,.
Played in England,
Big betting game.
Come on down..........
He's banned.

The silver haired lothario Cairns Chris is of course no relation.

Welcome, Mr Chris.
RandomNavigat0r

CrazyIslander wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 pm India $2.09
NZ $2.22
Draw $7
Ive got $700 on a NZL win and $200 on a draw... will double my money or get the same back with a draw...
RandomNavigat0r

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:03 pm I reckon India will bat the house down and we will lose a final yet again.
cant see it, even on a pitch that favours spinners NZL seam and swing was ridiculously destructive in NZL on similar pitches, playing in India with two games to practice against England prior is a nations dream, it is a one off and india will more than likely be under cooked, NZL will be on fire having batted for 4 innings on English turf prior to the innings.

NZ in ENG, 2 Test Series, 2021
1st Test, 2 Jun, 6:00 pm
England vs New Zealand
Lord's, London

2nd Test, 10 Jun, 6:00 pm
England vs New Zealand
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Those two games are going to be massively important, I think you underestimate the advantage NZL have by playing them. India are bringing an extended squad to try and nullify it but I doubt they can match the ferocity of versing the english at home, despite what you think I think Kane Williamson has got this, have faith!
RandomNavigat0r

JUST FOR THE RECORD

A DRAW MEANS JOINT WORLD TEST CHAMPIONS

There is an extra day reserved incase of rain, so a 5 day test can run for 6 days if there is a washout of any of the days, if there still isnt a result NZL and INDIA are declared Joint winners, something that should have happened during the ODI final which has since been corrected,
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm
cant see it, even on a pitch that favours spinners NZL seam and swing was ridiculously destructive in NZL on similar pitches, playing in India with two games to practice against England prior is a nations dream, it is a one off and india will more than likely be under cooked, NZL will be on fire having batted for 4 innings on English turf prior to the innings.

England vs New Zealand
Lord's, London

England vs New Zealand
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Those two games are going to be massively important, I think you underestimate the advantage NZL have by playing them. India are bringing an extended squad to try and nullify it but I doubt they can match the ferocity of versing the english at home, despite what you think I think Kane Williamson has got this, have faith!
We shall see.
RandomNavigat0r

We shall, have confidence brother, dont be a bitc*h, feel the mana and channel it into your all white squad. Most cricket teams would kill for the current black caps record, as deflated as you are from the last ODI final, man up and use all the mana from the americas cup to woosh them along. they will get there brother, its written in the prophecy.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 pm India $2.09
NZ $2.22
Draw $7
Ive got $700 on a NZL win and $200 on a draw... will double my money or get the same back with a draw...
India might win though
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm

England vs New Zealand
Lord's, London

England vs New Zealand
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Versing :uhoh:
RandomNavigat0r

Fuc:k you guys give me the creeps, get some testicales for fuc:K SAKE, Why is it only Australians have low hanging fruit!
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

(Moved from Lords because BCCI demanded a spinners pitch)
Fixed
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

After that car wreck OP I am putting my support firmly behind India
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

With India currently on the UK travel ban ‘Red List’ what are the chances of this game not being played? And for that matter, what would a Black Caps teams for the preceding tests against England look like? Kane Williamson and Jamieson are in the IPL for a start.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Why is a crack freak from Perth starting cricket threads?
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:24 pm Why is a crack freak from Perth starting cricket threads?
Wanna fight plum? Meet you by the roundabout.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Seems that we are flavour of the month at the moment
Blackcaps rise to top of ODI world rankings

The Blackcaps now sit atop the world in two of cricket's three formats.

On Monday, the International Cricket Council announced that New Zealand are now officially the No.1 ranked one-day international team.

Their ascent the top of the 50-over standings comes after they earned the No.1 ranking in the test standings for the first time back in January, helping book their spot in the inaugural World Test Championship final against India in June.

This summer, the Blackcaps have experienced a golden run like no other, winning all of their home series against the touring West Indies, Pakistan, Australia, and Bangladesh.

The Blackcaps have also excelled on an individual basis, with captain Kane Williamson now the world's No.1 ranked test batsman, joined by Henry Nicholls at 7th equal.

Quick Trent Boult is the top ranked ODI bowler, while seamer Neil Wagner's heroics have also seen him climb to No.2 in the test bowling rankings.

The Blackcaps are preparing to head to England, where they'll play a two-test series starting June 2.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

And, with the cancellation of the IPL, the exodus is on

The Blackcaps and their English Indian Premier League counterparts are looking to charter a flight headed straight to the UK to escape COVID ravaged India, NZ Cricket Players Association chief executive Heath Mills says.

The Blackcaps and their English Indian Premier League counterparts are looking to charter a flight headed straight to the UK to escape COVID ravaged India, NZ Cricket Players Association chief executive Heath Mills says.

On Tuesday, the IPL was indefinitely suspended, with multiple teams having recorded COVID-19 cases in what were supposed to be bio-secure bubbles.

The Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings have all had either players or staff test positive for the virus.

New Zealand currently has at least 20 citizens in India - across players, coaching staff, team executives and commentators - now all looking to leave the country as soon as possible.

Four Blackcaps (Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Kyle Jamieson and Mitchell Santner) were due to travel to the UK to link up with the rest of New Zealand's side before their tour of England, while another three (Jimmy Neesham, Lockie Ferguson and Finn Allen) would join them to take up short term county cricket deals.

Fitness coach Chris Donaldson is also supposed to travel to England, along with the Blackcaps' physio, Australian Tommy Simsek.

But the suspension of the league has pressed fast forward on those plans, and seeing NZ Cricket and the England Cricket Board come together to get their players to the UK.

England currently have 11 players in the Indian tournament.

Speaking to Newshub, Mills outlined the steps that are being taken to ensure that the Blackcaps core are able to reach their destination, as soon and as safe as possible.

"It's one thing to want to leave and get home or get to the UK, it's quite another the logistical challenge," Mills told Newshub.

"New Zealand Cricket are working really hard with the English Cricket Board, along with the BCCI [Board of Control for Cricket in India] to try and facilitate the group going to the UK.

"But that's a challenge. They're coming from different cities within India, and obviously will not necessarily be in bio-secure bubbles on those transfers.

"It is a challenge for NZ Cricket. They're working hard though, and hopefully there'll be a plan in the next 24-48 hours that will see the group travel on a day to the UK.

"NZ Cricket are working with the ECB at the moment to try and organise a charter flight - or potentially a couple of flights - to get players back into that country.

"English players are in the same situation as New Zealand players. The challenge is that the English border is closed to non-citizens at the moment. Just working through the timings and logistics of that is a challenge.

"All of the options are being looked at in terms of when they depart India, how they depart India and where they go, whether they go somewhere first as a stop off juncture before the UK.

"All the options are being looked at, and hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll have the best one."

Elsewhere, the likes of players Adam Milne, Tim Seifert and Scott Kuggeleijn will all have to head back to New Zealand from India, along with coaches like Mike Hesson, Stephen Fleming, Kyle Mills, Shane Bond and James Pamment.

Commentators Scott Styris and Simon Doull are also in the same boat.

Mills notes travelling to New Zealand from India will be just as difficult as getting the other group to England.

"Obviously the group coming to New Zealand also has some challenges to overcome," he says.

"Some of the IPL franchises are being very good, and there's potential of a charter plane to bring some of them back to New Zealand within the next 24-48 hours, but there are others who'll need to go through normal commercial airlines, and probably through Doha, and connect back to New Zealand that way.

"But with all of those options, there's the logistics of moving around within India. That is a challenge, obviously we're pretty anxious for that to be done as safely as possible, as are the players - clearly.

"There's a bit to work through and we'll know more in the next 24 hours, in terms of confirmation of travel plans, and how people can get home or get to the UK."

Mills also confirmed that no New Zealanders have departed India as yet.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

New Zealand Cricket has revealed its plans for the Kiwi Indian Premier League contingent of players included in the upcoming trio of test matches in England, following the suspension of the Twenty20 competition.

New Zealand players will depart from India for the United Kingdom on May 11, which is the earliest date an exemption to travel into England can be obtained.

Black Caps captain Kane Williamson, Kyle Jamieson and Mitchell Santner, as well as physio Tommy Simsek, will remain in a secure mini-bubble in New Delhi before departing.

However, pace bowler Trent Boult will return to New Zealand briefly to see his family before re-joining the test squad in early June. He could arrive in time to be picked for the second test against England at Edgbaston starting June 10.

Boult is set to depart New Delhi tomorrow along with other home-bound Kiwi players, support staff and commentators on one of two charter flights, arriving in Auckland on Saturday before entering managed isolation.
brat

Post by brat »

How shit will England feel when/if they beat Nz.. and then we happen to win the WTC

Maybe we can act like the bok fans - and say that only the WTC counts
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

We won't have Boult for the warm-up games. :P
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Will be BJ's last test, he's just announced his retirement.

Such a shame to see him go. He will go down as one of our very best keeper-batsmen, and one of the best of his generation. Probably our best IMO. Lot of flat track bullies over the years, but he's just the opposite. You could always count on him to dig in at 70/5, and inevitably failed at 400/5.

A bit worried this signals the beginning of the end of our golden generation. Rosco and Guptil probably aren't far behind, and Boult, Southee, KW all the wrong side of 30 now. Should at least mean Blundell can slot into the middle order where he belongs, and open up a slot for Conway.

Really hope we can send him out on top.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

mrbrownstone wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 am Will be BJ's last test, he's just announced his retirement.

Such a shame to see him go. He will go down as one of our very best keeper-batsmen, and one of the best of his generation. Probably our best IMO. Lot of flat track bullies over the years, but he's just the opposite. You could always count on him to dig in at 70/5, and inevitably failed at 400/5.

A bit worried this signals the beginning of the end of our golden generation. Rosco and Guptil probably aren't far behind, and Boult, Southee, KW all the wrong side of 30 now. Should at least mean Blundell can slot into the middle order where he belongs, and open up a slot for Conway.

Really hope we can send him out on top.
Damned shame to see him go -- a classic quiet overachiever who gave total commitment especially when the going was tough.
RandomNavigat0r

brat wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:04 am How shit will England feel when/if they beat Nz.. and then we happen to win the WTC

Probably not as bad as NZL after the last cricket world cup final.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:11 pm
brat wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:04 am How shit will England feel when/if they beat Nz.. and then we happen to win the WTC

Probably not as bad as NZL after the last cricket world cup final.
Look at Spine trying to troll cricket world cup finals when his mob aren't even good enough to get there.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

England tour starts tonight at Lords. Really looking forward to it. Boult missing these test but back for the WTC final, and otherwise full strength.

England have plenty missing (Archer, Stokes, Woakes, Buttler, Bairstow and maybe a few I'm forgetting), so won't get a better chance to win a series in England for the first time in 20 years.

Conway is confirmed to debut at the top of the order over Blundell and Young. Think that's the right call, but gee, talk about throwing in the deep end on debut - out of position against the Duke ball trying to negotiate Anderson and Broad. Based off what we've seen so far, he's as equipped to handle it as any.

It will also be very interesting to see how Jamieson fares in his first test away from NZ.

Other than that the interesting selection calls are who replaces Boult, whether we select a spinner, and the all-rounder spot.

If I were selector, I'd like to see:

1. Latham
2. Conway
3. KW
4. Taylor
5. Nicholls
6. BJ
7. de Grandhomme (if he doesn't look back to full fitness after his layoff, Mitchell comes in)
8. Jamieson
9. Southee
10. Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

However, I fully expect Henry and Santner to be in for Ajaz and CDG. Santner is a proven failure in test cricket and India will absolutely dominate him if selected. I wouldn't complain if Henry is in over Ajaz but I want to see how Ajaz goes in case we do need a spin option at some point (whoever gets that spot makes way for Boult anyway, I guess).
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Is test cricket back on the menu?
brat

Post by brat »

Hopefully Conway goes ok

It’s a massive baptism of fire debut opening vs Anderson and broad with a potential swinging duke ball -at lords

Don’t want his confidence shot as think he’s the long term replacement for Taylor

So jealous of my brother -he got tickets for the full 5 days free from his mate david white from NZC..apparently it’s going to be 25 degrees there today- no better place to be..lucky!
brat

Post by brat »

Nz wins toss and batting first
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Tehui wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 am Is test cricket back on the menu?
Yup.

Caps have won the toss and will bat.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

guy smiley wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:35 am
Yup.

I got to get up early for a gym session tomorrow morning. I'll just watch a few overs only. Honest.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Tehui wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 am
guy smiley wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:35 am
Yup.

I got to get up early for a gym session tomorrow morning. I'll just watch a few overs only. Honest.
:lol: :lol:

What if you miss one of the best sessions by a Kiwi ever?

You'd never forgive yourself, right?
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Ah fudge. First ball I watch was Latham getting bowled :uhoh:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

It has been a good steady start by the BCs.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm It has been a good steady start by the BCs.
Conway to the manor born.