Captain's Challenge Farce

All things Rugby
Dan54.

Re: Captain's Challenge Farce

Post by Dan54. »

Monkey Magic wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:54 am [quote="Dan54. "
No mate, he had turned back toward the goal line I thought and came from that side of ball. But I haven't looked at it a lot, so may of got it wrong.
[/quote]

Well now I'm just going to go down a YouTube rabbit hole looking for the footage. See you in 3 hours
[/quote]

:nod: :lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

FFs Dan, quote function!
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Monkey Magic wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:54 am
Dan54. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:52 am
Monkey Magic wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:28 am
Dan54. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:30 am
Sundy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 am

He is ahead of his teammate player who last played the ball, that's offside. I was shocked to hear professional rugby players questions this.
Well I actually thought the offside point was where he played the ball, and as he went back behind ball and came back I surprised he offside, but I add, it's only what I THOUGHT, not knew.
Didn't think he got behind the ball but just grabbed it while he was running back?
No mate, he had turned back toward the goal line I thought and came from that side of ball. But I haven't looked at it a lot, so may of got it wrong.
Well now I'm just going to go down a YouTube rabbit hole looking for the footage. See you in 3 hours
Righto, either NZR are Kremlin like in their ability to banish what could be seen as bad advertising of their competition or I can't work YouTube, but highlights don't show the incident- or the other disallowed try.

As an aside...
Did you guys know there's a world championship for medieval combat, Russians and yanks seem pretty good. Full Armour bash crap out of each other, hate to see the concussion protocols.

Also people are awesome vs fail army just keeps going.

Village cricket is hilarious

And if anyone struggles with golf there just 3 simple tips to fix everything. They're not the same 3 simple tips, in fact there seem to hundreds of 3 simple tips.

Lastly, how did someone create a YouTube channel where all he does is cuts boots in half. Not rugby boots, but doc Martin's and work boots.

In summary chiefs cheated, cow bells suck
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

I seem to be in the minority but I have been pretty happy with the Captains Challenge concept so far.

Yes the one in the Blues Chiefs game was a mess but that's probably the only one that I know of.

Things happen in the game and the refs /ARs don't see everything and I feel it empowers the captain to discuss things that they are sure are wrong or missed with the ref in a right way.

Can't say I am particularly happy with the idea of unlimited challenges in the last 5 mins though.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Dan54. wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:28 am They can scrap the whole lot of trial laws/rules in both comps. And I still haven't heard if any are being used in TT.
Bottom line is there is not a hell of a lot wrong with laws fo games, if they are played too!
This 100%, just enforce the laws we have.
farmerdave

Post by farmerdave »

Auckman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:12 am I thought it was a knock-on. Why was it not a knock-on? It was knocked towards the goal line the Chiefs were attacking by about 2 metres!
The ball was knocked back initially and then bounced forward. It ceases to matter where the ball goes after touching the ground.
Second player was offside having been in front of his teammate who last played the ball, but can be put on side by any teammate coming from behind that player.. hence my question earlier about checking that some on the far side of the field didn't do that.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Ah I see. I didn't realise it bounced forward.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

farmerdave wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 am
Auckman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:12 am I thought it was a knock-on. Why was it not a knock-on? It was knocked towards the goal line the Chiefs were attacking by about 2 metres!
The ball was knocked back initially and then bounced forward. It ceases to matter where the ball goes after touching the ground.
Second player was offside having been in front of his teammate who last played the ball, but can be put on side by any teammate coming from behind that player.. hence my question earlier about checking that some on the far side of the field didn't do that.
I don't think you can be put onside if you're within 10 metres of the initial touch from your teammate, which he was.
Sundy

Post by Sundy »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 am
farmerdave wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 am
I don't think you can be put onside if you're within 10 metres of the initial touch from your teammate, which he was.
10m law only applies to kicks. I don't think there was any player in a position to play him onside either
Peteray

Post by Peteray »

I don't like to harp, but... was I the only one that saw Reiko Ioane about two yards offside in all those replays when Weber got the ball? Unfortunately over here I don't have any access to the full replays we used to get here... You Tube and NZ Rugby have shut them down this season.